Chapter Three

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter

One Plus One Equals Koo

Namjoon looks over to Jungkook who’s in the bouncer sleeping. Namjooon decided to bring him into the studio as he works grabbing a pair of headphones to drown out the sound from his works. There hadn’t been much news on what would happen with Yuna’s case though he often checked for them. The comments were as dry as the article on her death. Namjoon called the female officer Mrs. Lee but she couldn’t give him much information either. It seemed to die down as soon as it was mentioned to the public.

Namjoon started to number the days until he left CNC Entertainment, the working conditions becoming bad after he was switched to their rookie group. He couldn’t get along with all of the members, some of them were overly confident and not as passionate as the original members. It wasn’t his place but cocky trainees in his eyes. They often thought the world should be handed to them not really knowing the struggle of handing to work hard to get what you want. He often wanted to tell their overzealous leader to google him but the two older members would do it for him.

Namjoon started out in the underground scene as a rapper which is where he got the name Runch Randa shortly after settling with the Black Pirates. Everyone Namjoon worked with knew more than one of his aliases and loved many of his songs. He grew from such a prominent background that even with the negative effects of the scandal with CNC he still had contracts waiting to be signed. It also added to his confidence that day at the mall.

“You should just start your own entertainment company.” Namjoon shook his head in all honesty Namjoon wasn’t feeling it. After what Yuna went through, he’s starting to hate that part of the music industry. He could’ve started his own company a while back but dealing with all the work that came with it and all the schemes. He heard rumors about girl and boy groups alike being used in various ways. Whether it’s ual, mental, emotional, and physical abuse  it’s only a simplified way to describe their pain. He felt these companies didn’t care about the mental struggle of their idols.

There were so many dark days starting from auditioning just to be rejected ten times, to finally finding a company, and then being emotional and mentally abused. Their lives being controlled by someone else and their worth critique over and over again. Or having to earn your place through a survival show that initial crush trainees hope by waving and snatching their chance to debut after years of training. From there you’re either too old or no longer wanted and possibly having to pay for your contract ending. The mental and emotional trauma this along ensues on youth who just want to make it doing what they love. Their passion burns out when they are faced with a reality other than the one they wanted to live in. 

There is so much Namjoon could say about the companies he’s worked with. One mistreated their idols in more than one way. They were forced to sing and dance while being hurt and sick, unless it’s a physical injury that would interrupt one's singing or dancing. Idols had learned to avoid fans disputes with their company by getting check ups and saying they were ok when even their members wanted them to stop and rest. 

While another company paid no mind to the managers physical abuse against their idols. Being bold enough to do it while on camera; cursing, yelling, and hitting them when out of view.  The company is not minding at all too busy collecting the money and not ensuring their safety until caught by their fans. Further excusing it with their unawareness. The next one in scandals left and right from selling drugs out of the company, blackmailing artists to stay in their contracts, stealing money from them, and suing them for speaking up. Now this one, with murder suicide wringing over their head. Namjoon wouldn’t believe that it wasn’t the case when it was absolutely clear of Yuna being pushed to suicide possibly by blackmail.

“I couldn’t do it. If I were to I would work with only one group for now and still produce tracks for other companies. Having that many lives in my hands is not it.” Namjoon leans back in his swivel chair, his arms crossed behind his head as he frowns.

“You have a permanent opinion of all these other companies. You hate half of them from word of mouth. You and I both know too much.” Yoongi was absolutely right. He’s watched from behind the scene the bull idols and trainees go through alike.And what they do to each other to succeed. Parents have to rip their kids from the companies either by force or paying a debut they couldn’t afford after promises of them debuting. It was a scam. A complete scam and Namjoon hated it. He respected the companies that tried and allowed anyone to leave without waving the bills in their face but he hated the greedy vultures. 

“It’s a lot to take on and I don’t have the extra money for it.”

“Jin does and he’s waiting on you to ask.” Yoongi squeezes his shoulder.

“It’s something to think about but I won’t be settled until I find out what really happened to Yuna.”

“We both know what happened to her; it's the gravity of the situation that’s weighing on you.” Yoongi sighs. “You’re doing this to settle your heart. You feel for her because of Jungkook. But you can get in serious trouble prying.” 

“Me?” Namjoon gives him a look, the same look Jin gives him before he hits one of them. Yoongi didn’t need to gulp when it came to Namjoon yet it freaked him out seeing the

Please log in to read the full chapter