Chapter Nine

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals G_oom

 

Yoongi and Namjoon lie back against the couch sighing deeply. Jin is escorting the remaining guest out for the night. Jungkook lays on his tummy an assortment of sensory balls placed in front of him as he scoots forward in an effort of grabbing one. Namjoon watches in awe when his little boy in fact grips a huge fabric ball one Namjoon isn’t sure he could fit in his grip since he hadn’t developed his pincer grip just yet. When Jungkook pulls the ball towards him he flips over on his back stuffing one of the ends in his mouth.

 

“The moment he starts walking it’s over.” Yoongi jokes though he’s extremely proud of his baby nephew. Jungkook’s scooting became more precise looking as though he could take off any minute in a full-blown crawl. “He’ll be able to get his hands on the presents. He’s been staring at them for a while now.” 

 

“I’m fine with that honestly as long as I’m faster I can catch him.” Yoongi wasn’t too sure about that with Jungkook's level of growth expanding everyday.

 

“Just don’t fall over while you chase him.” Yoongi chuckles looking towards the doorway. It had been a while since Jin came back. 

 

“I’ll check on him.” Namjoon stands grabbing Jungkook who whines for him thinking he’s about to leave. He approaches the door and could see Jin clearly through the glass panels that line the door speaking to another male. His silhouette is oddly familiar to Namjoon but his brown locs confuse Namjoon. He's still similar to the guy he met at the park; on such a cold day he’s wearing a floral button down he’s sure he saw a model wearing one of those fashion shows Jin drag him to. 

 

Jin’s beckoning the guy to come inside but he declines. Namjoon is itching for the male to turn around something about him drawing Namjoon in. Namjoon knocks on the glass panel catching the two men's attention. Jin smiles at Jungkook who Namjoon makes waves. 

 

“What’s up?” Jin asks when he opens the door.

 

“We were checking if you were ok.” Namjoon refers to him and Jungkook who leans to the side like he’s also trying to catch a glimpse of the unidentified male. 

 

“I’m chatting with my PA about work matters.” 

 

“On a day before the holiday? Are you punishing him with work on Christmas Eve.” Namjoon fakes a gasp and an evil passes through Jin’s eyes.

 

“Don’t be a jerk, Jin hyung!” Yoongi screams from the living room.

 

“Get my baby out of this cold weather Kim Namjoon and tell Yoongi I will kick his-” Jin pauses because of Jungkook and Yoongi chuckles. 

 

“My what?” He probes and Jin sighs not condoning Yoongi’s antics. 

 

“Go inside I’m fine.” Namjoon hands Jin hands Jin a jacket from the coat rack along with one of his own.

 

“Here both you and your PA are crazy being out here like this in this weather.” Namjoon doesn’t walk away until the PA slides on the floral embossed jacket Namjoon gave Jin to give to him. Jin returns a few minutes later sitting down on the couch next to his brother letting him know the PA thanked him for the coat.

 

“When did you hire him?” Namjoon questions the foreign face. 

 

“Not too long ago, he’s amazingly precise in everything he does. We weren't sure that

he would be able to take Alura place but apparently he moves like he’s done this before.” Hoseok climbs into Jin’s side lying his head in his lap before tucking his arms into himself. It was such a weird way to sleep but they never question it. “I guess it’s time for bed.” Jungkook looks up after hearing this with a pout.

 

“In order to get your presents you have to sleep first Kook.” Yoongi reprimands, Jungkook turns away from him with a huff. But lays his head on Namjoon's shoulder. He yawns softly closing his eyes. 

 

“Not half bad, though you did annoy him.” Namjoon chuckles rubbing the infant's back.

 

“He’s so defiant and he’s so young.” Yoongi grumbles a complaint. Jungkook's relationship with Yoongi is not clearly determined. Jungkook pretty much dealt with Yoongi if he had to. But he didn’t like it when Yoongi was upset. 

 

“I’m starting to see that as a part of his personality.” Namjoon adds. “It’s cute for now.” 

 

“Later he’s going to be-.” 

 

“What did I say about calling him that?” Jin flings a pillow at Yoongi. Jin is always right on time when it comes to putting Yoongi in his place. Namjoon didn’t have to lift a finger.

 

“He’s not going to be your little baby for long.”  Yoongi teases.

 

“You have the most complaints with no kids.” Jin tsks. 

 

“I have Hobi and Kook that’s enough.” Namjoon chuckles shaking his head.

 

“That I do agree with.” Jin smiles. “I’ve been so happy lately since Jungkook came. It would be amazing seeing one more running around with him and Hobi but for now this is perfect.”  Yoongi takes that into account but doesn’t comment. 


 

 Namjoon is awakened by a wet ‘kiss’ to his chin as Jungkook nibbles on it. Someone decided to lay Jungkook on Namjoon’s stomach while he was asleep. Jungkook took the liberty of crawling up Namjoon choosing to attack his chin while he was unaware. 

Please log in to read the full chapter