Final Chapter

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals Moon [Hidden Title]

Namjoon retreats home, his calls not going through to Taehyung. He’s deeply worried around the fifth day that he calls Seo Joon who hasn’t heard much. He’s locked himself in his room away from the world away from Namjoon. Namjoon heart bleeds more with the added title he never got to speak aloud that night. How Taehyung is now someone he cannot lose yet he feels like he’s slowly slipping out of his grasp once again. This triangle he’s roped in to all started with Yuna.  He’s positioned on one end and Yuna is at the peak. Taehyung is right across from him yet any misstep, they seem to collapse. All he wants is a way in without the cost of what Yuna means to Taehyung. 

Namjoon stares at the moon, a beautiful pearl in the night sky with odd hints of red like little footprints inking it. He thinks to himself before asking aloud: “Couldn’t you just bring him to me? I’m sure he would enjoy this view too.” He’s become Taehyung lately; now he’s even asking the moon to be his wingman. A brief huff of air passes by teasingly causing shivers down Namjoon's spine. He closes the windows of the home even checking Jungkooks making sure it’s safe and secure. After kissing the infant on his forehead he smiles at the little bundle of irreplaceable love. He takes all the toys out of the crib throwing the bigger pillows to the toddler bed on the other side of the room. Jungkook stretches in delight, pleasing Namjoon even more. The moon shines brightly lightly up his room and what a beautiful sight. He checks his watch just as it strikes nine. He decides to work on some music to quell his lonely night.

 

 

Maybe it’s because of the dark clouds causing the air to feel so thick that it could suffocate. It’s dead in the night a little past midnight when everyone is already in their home. A male stumbles around in a drunken stupor. It’s in pre celebration of his win; not only did he escape jail he also won by ending that cheating . 

“Fu-ck-in Kim Nam-” He trips over his own foot falling to the ground with a very brief laugh. He’d lost his guards hours ago all of them getting mindlessly drunk together when the case was thrown out from lack of evidence of a homicide ruling it a suicide. Which simply meant no one could try him for her case. He just had to worry about Minwoo’s case knowing that would be thrown out too. He stands up straightening his suit taking in his surroundings. A smirk appears on his face when he realizes where he is. After following his intuition he ends up in Namjoon’s neighborhood. 

“L-let’s e-nd this.” A new wave of motivation sweeps over him. He allowed Namjoon to think he was ok for months now. The man even moved back in his old home no longer thinking of moving from what he’d heard from his guards. Eun Soo mapped out the place already so he could sneak in handle the seed that should have never been born and kill Namjoon in one go. He’s always deeply engrossed in his music and he wouldn't see it coming. Eun Soo laughs to himself, already feeling rather victorious. 

He sneaks behind the neighboring house avoiding any possible security measures when he comes across the baby’s room. He lifts the window up slowly dipping inside. Jungkook sleeps peacefully with his elbow bent and his hand tangled in his dark locs. He sleeps with his mouth open mirroring the same habit Eun Soo would pick on Yuna about. It leaves a bitter taste in his mouth, one that has him spitting on something on the floor. 

He grabs the pillow Jungkook long ago rolled away from covering the infant's face. Jungkook’s eyes pop open widening in fear as he stares at the man causing his discomfort. He begins to cry in the dark room of the moon, the only source of light. He looks around in a panic in search of Namjoon. But his cries are too muffled. The ‘Appas’ aren’t heard just his kicks that sound more like he’s tossing and turning. Jungkook's face is slowly losing color and Eun Soo smirks in satisfaction.

“!” Eun Soo curses in a whisper when something hits him across the head. He stumbles back met with a shadow that physically picks him up and heaves him out of the room through the window he came in. Jungkook begins to whimper ready to go into full blown tears.

 

“Shush Kookie, I’m here.” Jungkook eyes the stranger warily in the dark. He’s no longer laying down but standing up in his crib ready to climb out. Jungkook's eyes stare warily, his face red ready to cry. Until he sees the familiar smile. The figure walks over to a night light plugging it in with a small tsk. Namjoon should do something about the security in his home. It was too easy to walk in and out. He turns down the volume of the baby monitor placing Jungkook in his arms who’s still afraid resolving to just pausing any reactions. Jungkook eventually falls back to sleep with a familiar lullaby being sung to him. 

Namjoon snatches his headset off, sure he just heard Jungkook crying instead he’s met with little snores. He blames him for being uneasy coming back home. The place no longer set right with him. He couldn’t find the same passion nor motivation to complete tracks in the studio feeling like maybe he’s just slacking off. He stands up heading to the front of his home feeling the need to get fresh air.

He closes his eyes taking a deep breath and leans on the doorway relishing in the soft breeze that seems to find him even through the thickness of the night. When he opens his eyes he finds a confusing scene. A group of men hovering around each other and laughing. The neighborhood he lived in was definitely changing. He in his teeth in disappoint when he believes-

“Wait, what is-” Jungkook cries fill the house and Namjoon can hear what sounds like his little fist pounding on his bedroom door like he wants to escape it. Namjoon turns to head back in when something crashes into him. He’s shocked to see Jungkook, imagining he would be still waiting for Namjoon to open the door. Did he leave it open? He doesn’t have time to think about either things when Jungkook throws himself into his arms.

“Pa” Namjoon couldn’t even understand him nor who he was calling out for. He looks around the room and says “Pa” once more expecting someone to come out of the shadows.

“Hey calm down, I’m here.” Namjoon tries to soothe him over but it’s not working. He stalks off towards his room hoping maybe it would calm him when he begins to cry louder trying to pry himself out of Namjoon’s hold. “PA!” He calls out the name again and Namjoon looks around wanting what happens when Jungkook calls on the person. Namjoon breathes out slightly relieved that nothing followed his calls. There was still something that bothered him.

He notices something different about Jungkook. Something is frighteningly off. The fear that takes over his eyes isn’t as simple as Namjoon would like it to be. It’s the same fear he had when they were in Jeju, a look Namjoon hoped he’d never see again.
 

Namjoon is beyond tired the next morning, getting Jungkook to go back to sleep was nearly impossible. He violently refused to return to his room which ended with the two sleeping up front on the couch. Jungkook whines when the doorbell goes off for the second time. Namjoon grimaces a little fearing that it would make matters worse if Jungkook is awakened without getting any sleep at all. 

He slides the infant off of him heading to the front door. The scene is one of Deja vu; right outside his door stands Officer Im and Officer Chu. Officer Chu is already staring daggers at Namjoon. Officer tries to rush inside when Officer Im pushes him back.

“This doesn’t seem like a courtesy call with the hostility he’s harboring.” Namjoon yawns, wiping his eyes to further piss the man off. He tries to buck towards Namjoon again but Im gives him a warning glance. 

“I’ll ask my hyung to meet me there so he can look after Kook.” Namjoon sends Yoongi a quick bring ‘your but don’t tell Jin’ message before following the officers. “Oh before the evidence is erased could you get your team down here to check my home. Someone broke in last night.” Officer Im is on it immediately halting them leaving until the forensic team she works directly with arrives. Yoongi even arrives in time to get Jungkook, which is another blessing.

Namjoon leans back in the rigid chair that brought chills down his spine if he’s honest. This morning he was thinking of simply sleeping in if Jungkook allowed it. Yet somehow he ends up on the coldest day in Seoul trapped in an interrogation room. His leg bounces from his nerves  getting the best of him while he debates exactly why he’s there. Officer Im and Officer Chu are outside the room trying to figure who would lead since Chu seems to have this personal grudge against Namjoon. And Officer Im has a slight bias towards him. 

“I can’t say it’s a pleasure to see you again under these circumstances.” Officer Chu states with a lot of bite taking a seat across from Namjoon before Officer Im arrives. “I thought you were out of this case.” 

“I’m not sure who told you that but I’ve been a part of this case since the very beginning.” There’s an odd tension between the two Namjoon chooses not to comment on. Officer Chu grumbles under his breath while Officer Im looks at Namjoon softly. “I apologize we had to call you in because it’s a part of protocol.” She explains. 

“Can I at least know what’s going on? You guys grabbed me around six am. It's already eleven and I’m raising an infant.” 

“You really think this is a complimentary visit? You’re here as a suspect of a possible murder.”  Officer Chu scoffs at Namjoon in an incredulous manner. 

“M..murder?” Namjoon looks at Officer in incredulously. There is no way he’s here for a murder. And who’s murder?

“To explain it clearly, we have reason to believe Cha Eun Soo was fatally wounded and possibly killed just a few feet away from your home. His body was not at the scene of the crime but this incident came with a string of evidence pr

Please log in to read the full chapter