Chapter Thirteen

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equal Who

 

Namjoon sits in his car after checking for any bugs or trackers, his mind hovering back to the fact the Eun-Soo acted as though the same charge wasn’t hovering over his head. Namjoon calls Jin number for a second the thought that his brother was probably still on the plane long forgotten the moment the elder answers.

“Everything okay?” Jin asks clearly out of breath. Namjoon could hear Jungkook crying in the background babbling furiously. Jin tries to soothe the boy but it’s to no avail. 

“With me or you?” Namjoon begins to regret the idea of sending the infant off on a trip. He knew Jungkook was already fussy with the fact that he was transitioning between staying in Jin’s home to Namjoon’s home. He’d gotten closer to Hoseok and not seeing him everyday drew him to tears during Jin’s and Namjoon’s dispute. Now he was back with Jin and Hoseok this time without Namjoon around.

“Jungkook is a bit fussy because we have a tooth growing in isn’t that right.” Jin coos Jungkook too angry to play along so he fusses even more. 

“I can video call you.” Namjoon's suggestion gets shot down immediately. 

“No!” Jin nearly yells his ear off. “Wait, until we arrive. He’s too upset to see you right now.” Jin sighs. “I’m not sure this was the best idea especially when both you and Yoongi stayed back.”

“Should I send Yoongi to you?” 

“Yoongi is not going to leave you in Seoul alone especially with everything that’s going on with you.”  Another suggestion shot down there was no resolve at least not now for Jungkook’s problem.

“Well, I should tell you why I called right.” Namjoon sighs trying to gather his words. “Eun-Soo came by I believe, to threaten me.”

“What do you mean to threaten you?” Jin hisses through the receiver. 

“Apparently Kwon got locked up after going to speak to the officers over Yuna’s case. And I need your help getting him out.” Namjoon pleads, Jin usually stays out of his mess because it could look bad on the company. And it was known to the media that their business affairs remained separate. “Call Taehyung, he’ll know what to do.” Jin says with a sigh.

“I don't have his number.” Namjoon honestly didn’t want to get help from the younger at all, something about Taehyung still bothered him. Even though his initial worry is officially of him being there to hurt them is out of the window. There were just little things about his background that left him wary. 

“I’ll send over his contact and if you want Kwon to get out you will call Taehyung for help.” Jin says picking up on what  Namjoon is thinking. “I’ll call.” Namjoon hangs up after short goodbyes, dialing Yoongi before Taehyung explains he needed help gathering the remaining members of Kwon’s group along with the other trainees that trained with Eun-Soo. Namjoon fears something may have happened to them all including Minwoo. 

“Hey ,Taehyung this is Namjoon.” Namjoon says dryly into the phone not hiding the fact that he dislikes the idea. 

“I’m aware. I was waiting on your call.” He yawns into the phone. Namjoon guessed he received a day off since Jin was flying out of the country.  And it makes him slightly bad that he called him on his day off. If Jin would’ve handled everything this wouldn’t have happened.

“I had other matters to handle first. Did Jin explain what I needed your help with?” Taehyung sighs, Namjoon was speaking to him formally unlike Jin. He kept everything professional between the two. Taehyung does admit they had gotten off on the wrong foot and he confused him on Christmas night; which is neither here nor there. Taehyung couldn’t help but feel a want or need of Namjoon liking him. He didn’t believe it was a complex where he would feel better if everyone around him liked him. If he's honest it’s like that only with Namjoon. He hates how closed off he is with him when all Taehyung wants to do is just help him. 

“I’ve been briefed and I’ll meet you at your hotel. I’ve already booked a room there for Mr. Min.”  Taehyung informs. 

“Why does Yoongi need a room he’s perfectly fine at home?” Namjoon became completely confused, Yoongi was the only one safe from all of this. Jin's home hadn’t gotten discovered either but Yoongi being his best friend had yet to bring negative attention his way. 

“Your brother and best friend worry about you a lot. If I were you, I wouldn’t want to worry my loved ones so much.” Taehyung lectures. “It’s better to cherish the people you love while you can.” Namjoon catches the double meaning but doesn’t allude to it. Taehyung wasn’t as simple as his file seemed. The thought of getting a private investigator resurfaces in Namjoon’s head for a split second. 


 

Namjoon opens his hotel room door

Please log in to read the full chapter