Chapter Twenty Six

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals Jin

“Hyung, slow down. I can’t understand you.” Namjoon says the moment the van doors open and Jin collapses in shock. Jeon Jungkook, no, Kim Jungkook is sitting in his brother’s lap unharmed happily on his fingers that’s until Namjoon tries to reach and grab Jin that a scared ‘Ap pa ap pa’ exits the infant month. 

“, hyung.” Namjoon mutters his clothes disheveled as he pulls his brother up. 

“My baby, my little bambi.” Jin exasperates trying to pry Jungkook from Namjoon arms but he’s not letting go kicking and whining as he latches on to Namjoon. 

“He’s a bit frightened.” Namjoon gives Jin an apologetic look but he understands. It’s Jin’s fault anyways right? 

“He said it earlier.” Jin lets on. 

“He said what?” Namjoon questions.

“Appa. When Hoseok was crying out for me Jungkook was crying out for you.” 

“Thank you hyung.” Namjoon says with a sad smile. “I mean it really.” Jin wants to question the frown until he sees the empty seat understanding right away.

“Let’s go.” Yoongi pats Jin shoulder and nods heading to the third row of the large vehicle. 

Jin sighs sinking into the leather seat of the SUV, Yoongi clutching onto him afraid of letting him go. If someone would have told him sneaking off to Jeju would end with him frightened out of his mind he would’ve just stayed his in Korea. He turns and glances at the doe eyed baby snucking on his fingers after calming down once again. 

~

Jin begins to slip back into the happenings of that day. He’s not sure how it’s all scrambled up but it somehow leads him back to Minhyun or was it Minhyuk? The man looks identical to Hyunsik as he fights off the intruder and to say Jin almost felt thankful if not for the feeling in the back of his mind that tells him that something wasn’t right. He listens to the man checking on the kids as he requested not knowing he had just become a hostage but this time the man is not as bloodthirsty as the other guy. 

It takes a knock on the door to prove his thought to be right. A younger male walking in dressed in purples and pink with a briefcase who looks comfortable with Hyun already. Kim Minjae is what Hyun calls him. Jin is sure he heard that name leave Taehyung’s mouth once before knowing for sure Minjae was on his side while he’s still unsure about Hyun. 

“You fooled Taehyung with this same mask but i’ not easily fooled,'' Minjae states as Hyun pulls the mask off. “Your disguises get better and better.” Minjae adds amused. Minjae calls out Hyun’s real name causing him to jump up in his face. Minjae, still unaffected by his antics, advises him that he wants to save him yet Jin doesn’t get it. Hyun not only pretended to Hyunsik causing him to avoid the hotel because of crimes Hyun committed while using his own face. One that even caused Taehyung to lose trust in Hyunsik. 

“Do you know what happened to Minwoo? Was that your work too?” Minjae questions checking his watch Jin watching his actions realizing he’s timing something. 

“This is my first gig in Korea.” 

“But you do know something correct?” Minjae questions. “Jin, we have five minutes.”  Minjae says informally something Jin would handle later. Now wasn’t the time. He looks over to the sleeping children he bends down to scoop up the sleeping children when an explosive sound rocks the entire room. He turns to the monitor watching as men fill the other room shortly after someone kicks down the door running over to Jin trying to snatch Jungkook up. Jin cradles the two in his arms pulling away from the mask men.

“Get your hands off of him.” Jin struggles with the Nanny running over, knocking the man down with the lady causing him to crumble to his feet. Another man sneaks pushing the older lady out of the way. Jin throws his body over the two boys using all his strength to protect them. He takes the hits and kicks they throw at him fighting the men off. Three masked men sneak into the room knocking the intruders down in one go while Jin checks the screen seeing Minjae also fighting the other men off in a similar fighting style. 

“Thank-” The moment Jin puts an ounce of trust in the man who snuck in Jungkook is in his hands wailing. “Ap-pa ap-pa.” His entire body turns red as he reaches for Jin who’s being held down by two other men.

“Please,

Please log in to read the full chapter