Chapter Twenty One

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals Loss

“Minwoo’s grandmother was so sweet.” Lai brings up during the ride back home to Seoul. The others hum in agreement while Taehyung remains silent. Namjoon is sitting next to the younger eyeing him now and then noting how deep in thought he is. 

“She seems to often take in kids around the neighborhood.” Juno mentions to no one in particular just something particular struck him about the little boy. “Originally, I thought maybe Minwoo had a son until that woman came in raising hell.” 

“Oh right, she disrupted the funeral procession for everyone to see. It’s worse to dish out your issues like that.” 

“What happened?” Taehyung finally perks up hearing of the little boy and the woman surrounding him. 

“You know the cute chubby cheek boy apparently his mom came to get him. He would go  to her hiding behind one of Minwoo’s Uncles because you were still talking to his grandmother.” Lai enlightens Taehyung on the events that transpired while he was retrieving Yuna’s diary. 

“She tried to snatch him away but apparently Minwoo’s grandmother has custody of him. It nearly turned into a big fight when his cousin stepped in.” 

“Who would do that at someone’s funeral?” Yoongi questions from the front seat riding next to Seojoon who’s driving the boys back. With two cars in front of them both of his ‘guards’. 

“I’ve seen a lot of things happen at funerals.” Seojoon says out of nowhere. “I bet.” Yoongi mumbles which Seojoon responds with a glare. 

“He eventually ran over to you and Minwoo’s grandmother but before he ran off she said something that frightened him really badly. I’ve never seen a little boy cower the way he did.” Lai shivers at the thought.

“On the first day I came I saw him with a large cut on his forehead. It bothered me then.” Taehyung says breathlessly the idea that’s planted in his head of what’s possibly going on with the little boy bothers him.”

“When things bother you, you usually follow-up by taking matters in your own hands.” Seojoon sighs looking at Taehyung through the rearview mirror. “Tae ah, this time leave it alone.” Taehyung doesn’t respond, instead he crosses his arms across his chest staring out the window. Only reaction he shows is when he feels a comforting pat on his thigh. He looks and sees Namjoon giving him an encouraging smile which has him flustered. 

“Minwoo and his grandmother also seemed to know Yuna a bit personally.” Taehyung perks up again mentally forgetting Namjoon’s hand on his thigh. “What do you mean?"

“I heard a couple of the relatives saying that Minwoo and Yuna used to volunteer somewhere when they were younger. It struck me as a bit weird because the two never mentioned it.” Kwon elaborates. 

“Same I heard, what was her name Jenna? She said something about Yuna coming down to Busan for a while after she left the company right before her debut.” Namjoon silently puts two and two together that would mean the last person Yuna may have seen before her death was Minwoo.

“.” Namjoon curses when he realizes something; not only had Minwoo seen Yuna before she died but he had known of her pregnancy even when Namjoon pretended Jungkook was his nephew.  

“Hey, you’re ok?” It’s Taehyung’s turn to comfort Namjoon who peers up and sees all eyes on him even Seojoon’s through the mirror. He feels mildly uncomfortable with the older glancing at him not sure how to read his expression.

“Yea, I just remembered something. I need to process all of this, something isn’t adding up.” Namjoon grumbles clutching his head feeling a headache coming along. 

“I have something to give you later maybe that would help.” Taehyung mumbles Namjoon nods hoping it would enlighten him.

“Hyung, have you spoken to Jin?” Namjoon asks Yoongi who shakes his head.

“His phone is still unreachable.” Yoongi informs him after trying to call him again.“We can call the hotel when we arrive in Seoul.”

 

They arrive to one of Seojoon’s residence about 40 minutes out from the city area of Seoul. It’s on an enormous plot of land with what looks like two homes on the property. The main house has a grand driveway that leads to a large automatic garage. On  the right side of the home is the guest house and an infinity pool that separates it from the other home. It’s completely modern with greenery and flowers landscaping the home. They step into the main home and the butler greets Taehyung as the ‘young master’ of the home. It misses the others ears but not Namjoon’s. The others were too busy gasping at the breathtaking floor to ceiling windows with a grand view of the pool. Taehyung brushes it off leading them into an all white living room. 

There are marble floors stretching out before them leading the way to two open patios leading out to the pool. The white and grey of the flooring, blue of the sea decor, and the tans from the boho style furniture decorates the home; the two together gives off a serene look. What’s extremely breathtaking is the nature that fills the home in a unique spot; wall hangings for different plants in beach theme plant holders. The wonder sight and fresh smell of nature calming his spirit relinquishing him from the past negativity he felt. Namjoon stares at the terrarium that’s the centerpiece on the coffee table when he takes in a familiar smell coming from it.

“What’s that smell?” The question no one in particular but it’s Seojoon who responds by bending down staring at the medium size terrarium shaped in a intrigued way. 

“Lavender. Terrariums are usually used for succulents and I wanted to grow a lavender in one. Which turns out it was a dumb idea. It looks like a terrarium but it’s just a normal vase though very unique. It’s for mirroring the idea that it could grow inside of it. And I wouldn’t have thought of it without the help of someone very special.” Seojoon smiles softly, a calm expression coming over him.  Someone gifted him hope is what Namjoon chalked it up to which he believed was utterly sweet of them to do. Namjoon notices there is a lot of lavender filling the air triggering the same memory he had in the hospital. He attempts to question it when Lai runs back inside the home through the open patio doors. 

“There is a beach. A whole beach here I  wanted to cry when we left Busan without  going to the beach earlier.” He runs back out leaving the others to laugh at him.

“I was going to feed everyone but it seems they are more interested in playing.” The butler laughs and Taehyung laughs whole heartedly. 

“Maybe we should barbeque on the beach?” Taehyung asks Seojoon who nods in agreeance. 

“We don’t have anything for barbecuing.” Butler Yang speaks up again. 

“It’s fine I can ride with one of them to the store. We can grab some stuff.” Seojoon shrugs and grabs his keys once again. 

“We’re fine with going Boss.” Two of his guards speak up having been quietly awaiting orders. 

“It’s not that serious it’s been a minute since I’ve had time to drive. You feel like riding along?” He looks to Yoongi who nods, taking it as a chance to finally ask the questions he’s been needing to. 

“We can get the grill started and lay out some blankets.” Taehyung excitement shows it’s been a minute since he’

Please log in to read the full chapter