Chapter Twenty Two

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals Afraid

Taehyung is initially baffled by what Namjoon disclosed to him. And has to slowly collect himself. 

“This isn’t some kind of joke right?” Taehyung chuckles, weighing the idea that Namjoon just may be joking with him but his expression is stoic and cold. While his hands are balled up into fist like he’s ready to hit someone. “Y-you are serious?” 

“Originally, I thought maybe I was over analyzing the situation and that she just willingly jumped. Then I began to think maybe she was forced to. Why else would we be hunted down like prey? Why else would everyone chase after Jungkook if there weren’t more than what meets the eye?” Namjoon explains. 

“Murder suicide is a completely different charge a little harsher but I really believe it was just murder.” 

“You believe it’s murder. And who do you think murdered her?” Anger began to fill Taehyung’s veins while heat also begins to combust through him. His eyes filled with a wave of red, the thought of Namjoon’s words being true. 

“That I don’t know but I also know it’s not in her diary. They aren’t looking for them because they’ve been read already.”

“That doesn’t mean there isn’t anything that will give away the person who did this.” Taehyung blurts out in irritation. 

“Hey, are yall good over here?” The two of them turn towards one of the guards Namjoon doesn’t remember meeting.

“Hyunsik, oh my God, you’re back.” Taehyung breathlessly hugged him tight. Namjoon feels a pang sharply pull his inside at the sight of the two that he steps back nearly falling into the water. “Namjoon, are you ok?” Taehyung extends his hand just in time to pull him up before he falls. 

“Yep, I’m fine. We can talk later. I’ll check on the food.” He hurries off leaving Taehyung with Hyunsik even though his heart felt an increasing amount of pressure on it. It felt like an electric current was weaving through his veins shocking him every time the hug crossed his mind.

 

Taehyung pulls Hyunsik back to the beach house looking around the front room for Jin pulling Hyunsik along with him. He’s confused when he doesn’t hear Jungkook’s cries nor Hoseok’s giggles. He’s felt like life had been out of him since they left. Hoseok no longer dancing around him during his work hours and no side eyes and quick glances the infant loves to give him when he hovers around Namjoon. It dawns on him once he reaches the second floor that they weren’t there. 

Another wave of guilt comes over him when he thinks about Namjoon and the others who were waiting patiently to see their loved ones only for them to not be here. Taehyung rushes out of the main house heading for the guest house not accepting this reality. Nothing there, not even a single piece of luggage or a car seat. He’s pulled out of the home by Hyunsik who shakes him out of his daze.

“I need you to breathe Tae ah.” Hyunsik tries to coax him out of the incoming panic attack right when Seojoon arrives.

“What’s going on?” He asks wiping tears that begin to fall from the younger's eyes. Taehyung doesn’t respond to either of them, his mind trapped in what ifs. He prays what happened last time wasn’t repeating, not able to afford another loss not at Hyunsik’s hands. At least not when they were doing better.

“Hey, please calm down. We can’t talk like this.” Hyunsik exasperates eyes hanging low black circles covering them. His energy was low instead of his usual high vibrations that even scared Taehyung away most of the time. He grips his phone, putting it to his ear answering a call angrily: “I want him found now no excuses.” A beast like growl leaves the man as he ends the call with chilling last words. “And when you find him, keep him alive for me to handle him. If you don’t I’ll kill you myself.”

 

Jin squirms under the man’s hold with a knife placed so close to his skin he’s scared to breathe fearing it scaring. Jin keeps his eyes open staring at the knife as it heads down to his love handles. He turns his head away, not able to watch the ert any longer. 

“Maybe we should call your little son out. He wants to see so bad. I love being a part of nightmares.” That sets Jin off he wills his leg free kicking the man in the groin overpowering him. He jumps running towards the suite door when he’s yanked back down to the floor by his foot. 

“Where do you think you’re going?” The man's laughter gives him chills up his spine. The man settles for dragging him across the floor taking out zip ties locking Jin’s hands with them. “See if you stayed like this I wouldn’t

Please log in to read the full chapter