Chapter Twenty Nine

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals Ablaze

Namjoon yawns, stretching his arms towards the low ceiling of his studio he’d acquired earlier in the year. He really hasn’t been here since recording with Rouge. He decided to keep it for a number of reasons. Persona’s actual building wasn’t ready just yet. And it kept up the pretense that he was only a PD.

With all the excitement for Rogue debuting he often found eliminating his past problems from his worries the best route to go. It had been quiet the last few months. Jungkook’s first birthday approached and the fact that he needed to move he quite enjoyed the lack of movement from Kurea. He takes a seat in front of a pile of files staring at him from the meeting table that he’d forgotten to look over. He briefly smiles at one of the documents in particular. 

“I’m glad this is finally done.” Namjoon looks over a prototype for what they thought would be a mini album for Rogue. The track list originally had a few songs and suddenly there was twice the amount with the solo tracks per member. That they didn’t know how to identify it. 

“That’s a lot for a mini album.”  Yoongi chuckles as he walks in carrying a box that Namjoon is very interested in finding out what was inside. He sits the box on top of the meeting table taking out the actual albums. 

“I want to open one so bad!” Namjoon exclaims as he stares at the album. It reminded him of the twilight sky, the blue and red blending into hues of purples and a bit of pink. 

“It looks amazing right?” Yoongi turns the album over for Namjoon to check out a matte sticker on it. “You can see the album number here.”

“Are these the ones we have for the fan club?” Namjoon takes a closer look at it. 

“No, these are the regular ones. Being that you and Jin came up with that little surprise the membership holders albums are different. And very limited.” 

“They are going to love the secret membership key.” Jin came up with the idea of adding a bracelet with a single key on it. The key having a code on it to unlock their membership. They would eventually make a membership kit but couldn’t afford to with a new group. 

“The membership sign up was just as crazy as the preorders.” Yoongi smirks nearly bouncing in his seat like Jungkook does when he’s excited. “I also verified the pick up spots for the membership holders and to pick up albums.”

“I was worried the line may end up being two long. What about the stage outfits?”

“Before Taehyung left he confirmed them for us.” Yoongi hands over a folder of looks the stylist came up with. 

“What did the members say about the outfits?” Namjoon chuckles figuring they probably fought over the choices. 

“Ah, I don’t want to think about it. Their manager already looks so distressed.” Namjoon shakes his head, sighing in delight. 

“This feels good even though we have to do everything ourselves.” Namjoon looks over at Yoongi in sheer admiration. He’s beyond thankful for his hyung and best friend for making a huge decision he just couldn't phantom making and probably would have haunted him. The freedom felt so great. 

“We will have a little guest coming soon so let’s get this cleaned up.” Yoongi always tries to hide his feelings but he can’t stop them from blooming on his face. The two work on getting the files organized and Namjoon places them in a box in the corner. Only leaving a few things out like the setlist and guest list for the showcase. 

“This feels awesome, hyung.” Namjoon's giddiness puts a smirk on Yoongi’s face and it's rudely interrupted by Eun Soo's appearance.

“Am I too late for the audition? Damn, I could’ve been in your ittle group.” Eun Soo chuckles with bags of gifts. “Oh late presents from Christmas. I have an awesome one for the little one of course.” He winks to Namjoon.

“Who let you in?” 

“I walked in.” Eun Soo gives him a dumb look as he responds lamely. “I can walk into any place I want.”

“Not this one not after the stunts you pulled. You tried to kidnap my son in broad daylight.”

“Oh please hyung, why would I want the little rugrat.” Eun Soo says in a bored tone  plopping down in one of the chairs. 

“Oh you’re definitely not staying and I’m trying to not involve the cops. I have one who wants to see you immediately. I will send her here to meet you.”

“Like the cops scare me.” Eun Soo scoffs leaning back in the seat even giving it a twirl. I wish the chair would just collapse with you in it.

“Figure they wouldn't, right?” Namjoon hinted at the amount of crimes that are still piling up. This gets Eun Soo out of his seat with a smirk. 

“You have such y hospitality. I’ll go where I’m welcomed.”

“To hell, right?” Yoongi questions. “I can send you there myself if I catch you near one of us.”

“Your short friend always had anger issues. I never understood it.” 

“Like I didn’t understand being tasered and hit from behind by you on the train. It still makes me wonder exactly what the I did to you?” 

“Ooh ouch, good one I almost told you why.” Eun Soo winks with a wave. “Aww little ones.”

“Cover your ears you two.” The two kiddies cover their ears. Jungkook does it because Hoseok does. “Get the hell away you bastard before I knock your out-of-the-way. Oh, and pull that weak in Jeju again and I’ll cut your off and feed it to you.”

“Is everyone in this company this harsh? It's definitely hard to work here. ” Eun Soo leaves while questioning the assistant, laughing unaffected or it seems. “Don’t worry her dumb let you in she’s fired take her with you.” Jin hollers before turning to the others in the room.

“Pack everything up we’re leaving this damn studio.” Jin orders. “Hey, I need some movers here asap.” 

“Appa!” Jungkook attempts to walk over taking about four steps before falling. 

“Too bad bud but we will keep trying later on let’s pack before Uncle Roar gets us.” As he lifts him back up.

“Raa!” Jungkook roars like Jin who scoffs. 

“I do not sound like that Kookie I thought you loved me the most.” Jungkook looks at Jin confused and doesn’t respond. “Yah, I taught you how to answer this. Are you really acting like you don’t know how to respond to me? After I gave  you yummy yummy fries!?” Jin pretty much screeches and Namjoon isn’t clear if Jungkook is pretending to not know or ignoring Jin. Hoseok watches on giggling under his breath far away from Jin.

“Hyung, you’re looking rather desperate for love. I'm right here just saying. Waiting for you to acknowledge me.” Yoongi points out and Jin changes instantly. 

“I’m sorry my lov

Please log in to read the full chapter