Chapter Six

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter

One Plus One Equals Swoon

Jin rubs his temples having gone over the application on his desk for more than an hour now. He wanted to wrap it up because he wasn’t nearly finished Christmas shopping. Yet he has to put in rotation a new set of interns. Being a part of a conglomerate family had its flaws. Jin is just happy it’s doing something he loves. Their family own many chains of five-star restaurants along with revolving sushi bars, and diners across Asia. It started with their farm where his family grew their own vegetables, fruit, rice, and herbs. Following that the Kim family purchased land that had a mudflat, then they started their own fishery. 

It was around that time they were struggling to open their first restaurant that Jin is forced into marriage. Jin heard a lot of negative things about his family before the marriage and how they nearly went bankrupt. Even after his marriage everyone blamed his family for using him for their growth. He made everyone eat their words growing their family business to the point it exceeded the Jungs’ own businesses.

Jin is now trying to open their first restaurant in Europe before jumping into the United States. The idea of branching his interconnected family restaurant to the states would bring a positive light on their family. Jin decides it’s time for a break leaning back in his chair with his eyes closed. He opens them when noticing a sound of shuffling. Yoongi appears in front of him with a bouquet of Camellias in his hands.

“I don’t know what to say.” Jin smiles sweetly at the younger stretching his arms out to receive the gift. 

“I’m just stopping by since I haven’t seen you in a while.” Yoongi sits in one of the chairs opposite Jin who is clearly shocked by the gesture. Namjoon hinted at the fact that Jin had started to feel lonely lately and mentioned how Jin loves receiving gifts everyday to his office. Yoongi didn’t comment which Namjoon knew was his own way of agreeing to Namjoon’s suggestion. Because if Namjoon didn’t push Yoongi it would never happen.

“Uh, I’ve been so busy as you can see. The higher-ups are on my lately and I’m honestly sick and tired of my extended family.” Jin rants while removing the flowers from it’s wrapping. He starts to look for a vase clearly having misplaced it. “I swear those people just want to rip the company from my hands.”

“That surely will not happen. You and Namjoon hold the most shares.” 

“And it will stay that way every time those same idiots decide to sell their shares I buy them.” Jin huffs while filling the vase he found with water.

“I bought some myself recently. I’m not sure why they believe the business will suddenly fail?” Yoongi often watches over KG stocks.

“Those s are planning something. And i’m sniffing it out so don’t worry about it.” Yoongi nods looking over the list of applications, a name standing out among the others. 

“Kim Taehyung?”  Yoongi furrows his brows, he’s sure he’s heard that name before. “Why do I feel like I’ve heard that name before?”

“Really, how could you forget that name.” Jin glares at Yoongi who surrenders to the man. “It’s the kid we ran into busking that time in Daegu.” Yoongi smirks. It was kinda sorta Jin’s and Yoongi’s first date. Jin remembers that day perfectly for more reasons than one. The following day he was pretty much sold off to the Jung family.

“I wanted to sign him to that company I was working for.” Yoongi chuckles, he remembers the tall but lanky kid with a unique square smile. “He turned me down right away.” Kim Taehyung, Yoongi remembers turning him down because he was only there to raise money for his siblings. His story wasn’t the best but his resolve to take care of his siblings pleased both of the elders. Jin helped the kid before the three went their separate ways. Yoongi was twenty-one looking back and the kid was probably in middle school?

“He looks to have potential but he’s in college.” Jin explains, Taehyung didn’t quite fit the criteria yet for some reason or another Jin doesn’t want to let him go. He could always mold him into the perfect candidate. 

“He would probably fit better with this thing I’m trying to do for Namjoon. That’s the other reason why I came.”

“Here I thought you came to swoon me.” Jin scoffs over exaggerating per usual. Yoongi doesn’t mind it at all. He loves the fact that Jin is slowly becoming his old self. “ You brought flowers to buy me?”

“I wouldn't bring flowers for those purposes. I brought them to simply give to you.”  Jin could feel his cheeks heating up clearing his throat suddenly to mask it. Yoongi chuckles, noticing the red tips of his ears. 

“Is that right?” Jin questions playing it off, remembering the flowers he hadn’t put in the vase. 

“If it’s ok with you I could send flowers everyday.” Yoongi tests the waters but gets shut down immediately. 

“I wouldn’t want no one here getting the wrong idea.” Jin shakes his head with a brief sigh.

“And what’s the wrong idea?” Yoongi tries to hide his annoyance, how obvious can he be showing up out of the blue with flowers? Just yesterday he took his son out to hang out with him, coming over for dinner when Jin invited him, and even going as far as giving Jin a key to his apartment Of course Namjoon had a key but Namjoon is just his best friend with Jin it’s different.

“Let’s stay on subject this is the only break I get.” Jin was amazing when it came to avoiding Yoongi. Yoongi often thought Jin didn’t feel as though he deserves happiness. And that’s all Yoongi wanted to

Please log in to read the full chapter