Chapter Seven

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter

One Plus One Equals Zoom

Namjoon warmly welcomes Rouge into his studio. He notices the girls are giddy upon seeing his appearance. A faint hint of a blush covers the man’s face, he’s positive the tip of his ears are red. He looks the girls over and so many styles pop into his head a song coming to him right away. After getting the gist of where the girls wanted to go he makes a decision right away. 

“How about a tropical fusion with modern beats. It will give it a reggaeton feel. A dreamy yet light track?” Namjoon suggests and the girls get excited. He puts something together on the spot and the girls are nodding along.

“This is awesome.” Mira giggles while Namjoon smirks knowing he’s won over the girls and their manager. The girls play around dancing with Hoseok. Namjoon adores how lively they are and hopes they keep this same air about them. Jungkook bounced from his activity mat loving the excitement. “You’re the best PD-nim.” Mira, the leader of Rouge compliments. 

“Now that we got this cover our next objective is me giving you girls homework.” Namjoon dimples appear when the lot groans. “I would like for you girls to start writing out an approach you want to take. We’ve decided on a title track since it’s a summer EP. I'm sure there are things you would like to try.” 

“I really enjoyed Girl’s Day Darling.” The youngest Ah Ni speaks up first. 

“For me Touch My Body by Sistar was my go to.” Mira plays around dancing and singing to it hyping Hoseok up. 

“Since we already have a reggaeton vibe like 2NE1’s Falling in Love. I can’t really think of something with summer vibes.” Jamie adds.

“That’s what this homework is for. You can pick your top five songs as a group but instead write about the feeling you get when hearing it and we can implement that in your next song.”

“You scared us.” Alysa puts her hand over her chest. “That’s something we can do.” 

“Of course it would be something like this.” Namjoon smiles. “I also want to inform your vocal coach we will be utilizing different pitches. We can record some before you girls go for practice.” He turns to the manager. “I have an opening for them on December 28th. You’ll be receiving the track and lyrics before the holidays. After we can work out the prototype, if it goes well we can go from a temporary contract to a permanent one.” Mr. Jeong nods, taking the contract from Namjoon.

“Oh before we go we all have a Christmas gift for you.” Mira pulls two gift boxes from her bag. Namjoon thinks back to the trip to the mall and realizes they must have bought them then. 

“Wow I didn’t expect this.” 

“We were thankful that you sent each of us a gift. And we wanted to thank you.” Mira leads the girls into a bow. Namjoon happily accepts placing them carefully by Jungkook’s carrier.

 

Namjoon pulls into his driveway after the meeting with Rouge and to his delight there is a gift sticking out of his mailbox. He grabs the box when he pulls up to the mailbox stuffing it in the passenger seat he wouldn’t be there long. 

“Hey, I’m pulling in behind you.” Yoongi sighs into the phone and Namjoon immediately knows something is wrong. 

“Ok, help me get the boys out. I’ll unlock the door first.” Namjoon parks the car and Yoongi appears at the back door where Jungkook's car seat is placed. Namjoon hurries to his front door to unlock it when he notices it’s open.

“What’s wrong Joon?” Yoongi could feel the shift in the air by the look on his best friend’s face.

“My door is open.” Namjoon worries about walking in unsure what would be the best move.

“Do you think the housekeeper left it unlocked?” Namjoon shrugs but grabs his phone to call her.  “I’ll call the cops in case something is up.” 

“Hey, by chance did you leave the front door unlocked, Mrs. Han?” 

“I’m pretty sure I locked it.” Mrs. Han relays to Namjoon who frowns in discomfort.

“No worries, I’ll take care of this. You can go on about your day.” 

“It should take the cops ten minutes to get here.” Yoongi informs Namjoon who’s wearing his emotions on his face. “Hey, you have to calm down if you don’t Jungkook will get worried.” 

Most times it seemed like Namjoon and Jungkook shared the same emotions or were on the same wavelength. It’s not unusual for kids to pick up on their parents' moods but it worried Namjoon when his own emotions would leave Jungkook restless.

The police soon arrive and it’s the same cops from the night they were informed of Yuna’s death. Namjoon greets them unsure of what to say. He gives them a general run down of the estimated time he left and how long he’s been out. Frankly, he didn’t pick up on anyone hanging around his neighborhood though he recalled someone watching him at the mall.

“It doesn’t seem like anything was stolen.” The female Officer or Officer Im relays to Namjoon after inspecting his home. 

“But there are signs someone was looking for something.” Officer Chu explains in-depth that Namjoon’s laptop had been touched due to him noticing that a warning on the screen about the laptop being locked due to maximum attempts. 

“We can walk you through the house to check if anything is missing.” Namjoon nods following them in. He’s not exactly sure what they would be looking for exactly. Other than his equipment he didn’t have anything to offer. Something hits him, Jungkook, Jungkook appearance is completely out of the blue. In news reports he’s not mentioned to Yuna but those who knew of her pregnancy could be looking for him. 

“Hey Mr. Kim, calm down for me please you’re hyperventilating.” Office Im hold Namjoon up with the

Please log in to read the full chapter