Chapter Twenty Seven

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals Disguise 

“Out of all the frayed clips we found one that’s completely clear. And it’s Hyunsik we see standing over her smirking. Welcoming her death.”

The car is eerily quiet after his words, Hoseok peering at the two adults closest to him who wither in shock. Namjoon remains quiet, Jungkook’s back as he holds him close. There were two individuals wearing the same face. Hyun, who uses it as a mask and then there’s Hyunsik. Jin feels goosebumps all over his body recalling Minjae asking ‘Hyun’ if he had anything to do with Minwoo.

“This is my first gig in Korea.”  He recalls the smirk that appeared insinuating something only him and Minjae understood. Jin begins to question everything until Yoongi grips his knee. Jin looks over to him and he shakes his head advising him to stop wondering. 

“It doesn’t seem like you believe it was Hyun or Minhyuk whatever the hell his name is did it.” Namjoon speaks up. 

“Even though Tae-ah is traumatized by this. He was so sure Hyunsik either did it himself or he watched her die. I can’t say either killed her. But I’m aware like you that she was murdered. It’s just-” Namjoon stops Seojoon finishing his sentence for him.

“Seeing a loved one with a look of death in their eyes and knowing maybe if he had arrived first Yuna would’ve died at his hands.” Namjoon sighs his grip tightening on Jungkook. He stares at the empty seat feeling sick to his stomach. 

“I thought we were done with all of this.” Seojoon mutters something lost in his gaze as he takes a detour going unnoticed by the vehicles of guards ahead of after a ping comes to his phone. They drive about five miles out before Namjoon hears another ping. Namjoon then notices they’d stop for some reason at a rest stop. Not thinking much of it he turns around towards his hyungs.

“I’m going to grab us some food.” Pretty sure they were all hungry and with Jungkook sleeping he could get away with sneaking off. He hands him over to Jin who happily takes him. He sighs in relief to finally hold him, snuggling him closely with Hobi giving Jungkook eskmo kisses. The little baby giggles in his sleep and it’s probably one of the best sounds Namjoon heard all day aside from Jungkook calling him Appa for the first time. He smiles with an exhale as he snuggles into Hobi mildly aware of the euphoric amount of love surrounding him.

Namjoon does take his time walking into the rest stop with various foods around him yet he can’t seem to find it in himself to smile. Not with him not knowing what’s going on with Taehyung it seemed like he couldn’t be fully happy with the fact that Taehyung sacrificed so much for him. He even given up the idea of prying more into Yuna’s murder if that meant he wouldn’t lose anyone else close to him. He couldn’t lie he was nervous if he was to pry more into it would result in losing Jungkook again. He nearly lost him if not for Taehyung. 

~

Flashback

The younger male sat impatiently in the car, his leg bouncing so hard Namjoon was sure the car was jerking forward. He wouldn’t look Namjoon's way since the confrontation in the airport and it was bothering Namjoon. He hated the way of thinking, figuring it spewed from everything that Namjoon didn’t know about the younger. He’s constantly said he wouldn’t pry but when it concerns Taehyung he can’t help but become curious. His distractions end when Taehyung jerks forward squinting his eyes. 

“Where are you going?” Namjoon asks as Taehyung reaches for the handle to get out of his seat. They had a clear view of who was entering and exiting. But no one could tell who was in the vehicles. A few of the henchmen would come and look around but some of Seojoon’s men would peek out causing them to go back to their locations. He could understand Taehyung’s worry it’s been over an hour and no one had shown up. Namjoon didn’t understand how Taehyung thought he would get past all of them.

“Something is not right, they are taking too long.” Taehyung grumbles pulling away from Namjoon when he grabs his arm. “I have to make sure they are alert, it's been awhile.” 

“Seojoon wouldn’t have requested you to stay back if it didn’t mean endangering

Please log in to read the full chapter