Chapter Eight

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals June

 

Kim Seokjin walks across the stage of the auditorium in a crisp white dress top and creased gray slacks. He stares into the room filled with interns fighting for a potential spot working at KG Group. After standing before a podium he adjusts his Rolex tightening it on his wrist, clearing his throat he starts the assembly.

 

“Did my new PA come in?” Jin refers his question to his Secretary Alura. His first line of business was speaking to the new interns that would be in training for exactly a month grooming them for permanent positions after an evaluation. To everyone's surprise a position opened up as the personal assistant to Jin’s direct secretary. Which meant directly working with the CEO and further expanding into more opportunities. 

 

“Yes, he’s currently filling out the remainder of his paperwork and I’ll be giving him a tour.” Jin side eyes her like she’s crazy before saying. 

 

“You can send him to me and I’ll give him the tour. After you can show him the ropes, I want him on call. In order to prevent any mess ups while we’re on break.”

 

“That’s a huge task.” Alura raises her brow a bit confused. Jin’s eyes, the woman her protruding belly ready to pop at any moment.

 

“And I trust you will be able to groom him since he has to fill your spot while you’re on maternity leave.” There was a lot to learn in such little time but Jin was sure he could get the hang of it. 

 

“You know I’ve been wondering why he needs a job; he dresses like he walked off a runway.” Alura whispers in case the man in question hears her. 

 

“Everyone has a story. For all we know he could be one of the competitors' sons coming over to spy.” Jin jokes while Alura's face drops. 

 

“Mr. Kim, why are you laughing? That could harm the company. We should do a background check or fire him.” Alura goes into a full-blown panic. 

 

“Hey, I was only joking and if you have that baby right here your husband will kill me. He already doesn’t want you working here.” Alura's husband is one of Jin’s business partners, one he considers a close friend. The moment Alura became pregnant he wanted her to quit but Alura has always been independent. There is a soft knock on the door soon after Alura calms down. 

 

“Come in.” Jin calls from behind the desk. A tall yet younger male enters with almost golden brown hair. He’s wearing Lanvin’s Little Nemo Print cardigan with a white top, black pants and dress shoes. Jin notes to himself that it’s the same cardigan he also wanted to buy but it sold out fairly quickly. Maybe checking his background would be worth a look. 

 

“Good Morning.” Jin stands to greet him extending his hand.

 

“This is Kim Seokjin, CEO of KG Group.” Alura introduces. “You’ll be working with me for the next couple of weeks getting a hang of the assignments I cover and a little more.” 

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Kim.”

“Likewise, Taehyung.” Jin smiles and the boy is shocked that he already knew his name. 


 

Namjoon’s expectations of the holidays are now buried under the equal amounts of stress and anxiety he’s felt since Jungkook went to stay over at Jin’s place. The three of them thought it would be for the best if they kept Jungkook’s identity a secret. Jungkook being torn apart from Namjoon had the three-month old hurt. Namjoon would come over and Jungkook wouldn’t allow him to leave unless he fell asleep. Jungkook often woke up crying for him, Jin could only soothe the baby by calling Namjoon over Facetime and Namjoon would often stay up expecting the call. 

 

“Hey, are you on the way?” Jin asks the moment Namjoon answers the phone. Namjoon sighs yanking at his hair. How could he have forgotten? The days began to merge together without Jungkook.

 

Jin decided to throw a Christmas party and asked Namjoon to pick up some groceries and party decorations. Namjoon deeply debating moving had been too busy packing up his home so he could be together with Jungkook once again. He finally decided to fight back no matter what it takes. 

 

“I just got started on the last bit of food and the remaining decorations.” 

 

“I apologize it slipped my mind as I was packing my things.” Jin exhales softly putting aside his current task to focus on his younger brother.

 

“How about we get you a hotel and you hang out there?” Jin urges. “I understand you’re going through a lot and I believe dealing with others wouldn’t make you feel any better.” 

 

“Christmas is tomorrow and it’s Jungkook’s first Christmas. Plus it’s been three days since i’ve seen him.” Namjoon emphasizes grabbing the last of Jungkook’s gifts. His car being filled to the brim with gifts for everyone along with the gifts given to him. He throws in two duffel bags with a small grunt. 

 

“You can arrive in the morning and open gifts with him.” Jin presses firmly. “I don’t want you hurting yourself.” Namjoon sulks in his own misery, the thought being away from Jungkook one more day gives him anxiety. 

 

“I realized how much I’m hurting him by being away. He cries every time he sees me on Facetime. And I honestly just miss him.” Jin chuckles softly hearing his brother's confession. He eases back into cooking feeling better about how the day would go. Namjoon lo

Please log in to read the full chapter