Chapter One

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter

Trigger Warning(s):


Mention Child Abandonment
Minor Character Death
Mention of Suicide
Mention of Possible
Mention of Possible Domestic Violence

These warnings are lightly mentioned but I still would like to warn anyone who may get uncomfortable.

 

One Plus One Equals Yu

 

Namjoon looks out the studio window sighing deeply, spinning in his swivel chair in sheer dejection. Today has been an extremely long day. He’s been dealing with so much from losing a year's worth of work due to the company switching the solo artist he was working with to a boy group. It came out of nowhere, the female solo artist debut was around the corner. And out the window it went along with Namjoon signing on permanently to CNC Entertainment. Yoongi was completely pissed, Namjoon wasted a whole year on this artist and she disappeared right before her debut. 

Now it’s three AM and he’s  still working with a group of voices that just does not fit his songs. Namjoon grabs his stuff and gives up for the night, with another sigh he tosses his bag over his shoulder.

“Thank you producer-nim.” The group bows to him, except their leader, until the eldest member forces him to bow. Namjoon is slightly irritated by his cockiness but dust it off with a smile small to the group. Normally he would correct them saying, ‘Joon Hyung is fine.’ But he chooses not to. Instead, saying simply to have a good night. 

“So what are you going to do?” Yoongi asks him once they are on the phone. He’s known for a while of the stress his best friend had suffered through working with that company. 

“I don’t know hyung?” Namjoon sighs solemnly, his pace slows due to the overwhelming thoughts, while he heads down the steps to the exit of the building. 

“Well, I do know I’m tired of this . You have cocky wannabes trying you alot lately. Because their ungrateful s and think less of you because you’re accommodating their equally ty company.”  Yoongi rants. “I told you the moment you signed that dumb contract, they chose not to sign you on permanently even though you’re hella talented. And added that ed up clause stating you can’t work with other companies during the duration of you working with them.” Yoongi had a point. Even to Namjoon, something about the company didn’t sit right with him. 

There had been so many issues since joining them, there had been so many loopholes in his contract including the studio he used which is no bigger than his master suite bathroom. The boy group would have to have two members in the recording booth, three on the couch, and one in the extra chair for the engineer. Namjoon’s equipment was his own which he would carry in and out of work until he threatened to leave once before due to the contract not adding up. 

All of this made Namjoon miss working on his own terms, he could work freely with various companies without staying with one in particular. Even though he still has that ability because legally he’s not signed on to them. Unfortunately, the contract is binding him from doing so. The President of the company wanted Namjoon’s talent to himself, which is the reason Namjoon only offered them his surplus work. He just couldn’t stand his greedy nature.

“Just give it some thought. You’re aware that Jin and I only want the best for you.” Usually Namjoon would comment on Yoongi quite often adding his brother next to him when he would speak but today he didn’t feel like teasing Yoongi.

“Thanks, hyung. It means a lot to have you guys on my side.” Namjoon stares at the dark sky taking in the fresh air with a solemn smile. “I’ll figure it out.”

“You always do.” Yoongi feels a shift and catches on to Namjoon's lack of response. Namjoon suddenly pauses in the midst of their conversation. “Hey, are you ok Joon?” 

“Hold on, Hyung.” Namjoon is completely creeped out with chills covering his entire body yet he still heads to the corner of the entertainment agency. There is a sound of wailing and it gets louder the closer Namjoon gets. He gasps loudly into Yoongi ears, scaring his poor friend who begins to panic. “Hey, talk to me Joon. What’s going on?”  

"Hyung, I’ll call you back.” Namjoon hangs up the phone ignoring Yoongi's pleas. Namjoon's mind settles on one thing as he stuffs his phone in his pocket. He picks up a bundle of blankets that swallows a newborn baby. The poor thing cheeks and nose flushed red against it’s pale pink skin, it wails get louder the moment it’s eyes connect with Namjoon’s. The river of tears has soaked through the swaddle leaving the baby even more uncomfortable as it shivers. Namjoon swipes the diaper bag off the ground running to his car.

“Please be ok.” Namjoon, himself, is near tears while trying to yank the passenger door open. When he’s unable to, his panics grow. “Hang on just a little longer.” Namjoon finally pries the door open at the cost of breaking the passenger side handle from the force of the pulls. He sighs about another problem he would have to handle on another day. His focus solely for the bundle in his arms. His phone vibrates for the fourth or tenth time in his pocket as he removes the wet clothing changing the baby into a pull over. Namjoon finally calms just a little when he spots a letter that has fallen on the floor addressed to him.

Please log in to read the full chapter