39

My New, Shinee Love

3rd Person

*Sister he never had?* 

 

Jonghyun smiled and nodded. Hae Won stared at him for a moment.

*Is that why he’s always been so.. mysterious?*

“What do you mean?” she questions while fixing her hair into a ponytail.

“Do you want to hear a story?” he sat down on the bed.

 

~ ~ ~

Jonghyun stretched up from the bench. He looked around at his surroundings, and he noticed he was sleeping at a park.

*This place is better than home..* he grunts and hugs himself in the cold atmosphere.

He decided to talk a stroll around and happened to walk past his former house.

“Shut up you s*ut!” an angry voice roars through the house with the sounds of breaking glass.

“D*mn you! This is why Jonghyun left us!” his mother screamed through her tears.

Jonghyun felt a ting of guilt deep inside his heart, but he pushed it off.  His mother and father always fought over the most trivial things.

But of course, his mother cheated on his father countless times. He just couldn’t take it anymore and became an alcoholic.  His father used to beat her for cheating on his with a bottle of beer in his hand.

Jonghyun locked himself in his room and listened to music. It was his only escape, for now. The music helped him go through this. It shielded him from the loud fighting, beatings, and pain. After he ran away from home, he auditioned for SM Entertainment, and got in.

{ Oh my. A/N for my otakus out there. Didn’t this remind you of that red/pink headed girl’s story from Angel Beats? xD Gomenesai~ I just noticed! }

Hae Won’s bottom lip quivered. “That’s so sad!”

“You don’t need to pity me,” Jonghyun frowned.

Hae Won hid her face in the pillow, “Is that why I always see you with those headphones?”

Jonghyun simply nodded.

“I’m sorry,”

Jonghyun softened, “You don’t need to be,”

 

~ ~ ~

“Jae Sun~” Eun Mi ran over to her beloved ‘son’.

“Ahjum- I mean Noona!” he hugged her waist.  She glared at Minho with her eagle eyes and dragged him away.

“Noona, whose that?” Jae Sun points at Taemin. Taemin looks at Eun Mi, “You didn’t tell him about me?”

Before Eun Mi could respond, “Nope! I only know Himchan-hyung,”

“Him..chan..HYUNG?” Taemin started to become jealous, Eun Mi silently giggled.

“Yah! I’m Taemin-hyung!” he grabbed Jae Sun’s hand and shook it firmly.

Jae Sun just buried his face in Eun Mi’s hands. “Taemin, you’re scaring him,”

Taemin pouted like a little kid, “How come he gets special treatment?”

She rolled her eyes and they all went to get lunch.

“Noona, swing me,” Jae Sun ordered.

He was walking beside Eun Mi, far from Taemin. (Order, left fro’ right. Jae Sun > Eun Mi >  Taemin)

“You have to stand next to your Hyung then,” Eun Mi nagged.

Jae Sun looked to the ground, “But he’s creepy!”

Taemin overheard his rude comment and looked at Eun Mi. She was too focused on Jae Sun, so he looked away.

Jae Sun started whining and Eun Mi gave in. She pointed in the space between her and Taemin, “Go,”

Jae Sun stood between her and him. Eun Mi grabbed his hand and Taemin grabbed the other.

“Hurry up!” an impatient Jae grunts. Taemin and Eun Mi looked at each other and laughed.

Jae Sun jumped and Eun Mi and Taemin swung him back and forth.

“Wee!” he laughed.

People around them were smiling. “What a cute couple!” “Omo! Is that their son?” “Ah~ Young love!”

Eun Mi blushed and hid her face behind her hair. Taemin chuckled at her.

They passed a supermarket that Eun Mi knew too well. Unhappy memories flooded her mind and she started to become flustered.

“Eun Mi, are you okay?” Taemin pestered. “I’m fine,” Eun Mi tried to smile.

She suddenly stopped.

“Eun Mi..” an older woman called. Taemin and Jae Sun were unfamiliar to his person.

 

“Umma..” Eun Mi trailed off.