Chapter 35

My New, Shinee Love

Eun Mi P.O.V

 

Loud, noisy screams filled my ears and I start waking up. I feel a weight on my shoulder, holding me down. I look over to the culprit, and it’s Taemin.

I hear sirens blaring through the hectic streets, but it’s still dark. Glancing at my blinking clock, it says its 7:35 PM. The ground below me shakes subtly. It takes me a minute to figure out what’s going on..

An earthquake.

“Taemin!” I shake him, trying to wake him up. “Eun Mi-ah, five more minutes,”

That’s when the thunder .  He shot up and looked at me with worried eyes. “What’s going on?”

“Earthquake,” I run into action and grab the things that may seem useful. I stuff Taemin’s snack stash, some flashlights, bottles of water, batteries, and extra clothing in my duffle bag.

The shaking was getting more violent, the lights flickered, and the piano started to shift its position.

“Eun Mi! Let’s GO!” he grabbed my arm and we exited the room. The hallways were seemingly empty; I think it’s only us two in the whole building. Everyone else already evacuated. 

“Where do we go during Earthquakes?” I ask, scared for my life.

“We have to get out onto the streets, we’ll get crushed in here!” he tugs my arm and we run down the stairs, even though it’s the worst place to be during an earthquake.

There’s a little girl in front of a door. “Umma!” she cries and attempts to swing open the door. I run to her side and Taemin picks her up. “It’s alright! We’ll find your mom,”

If we weren’t in this situation, I would have cried happy tears. We sprint out the exit, making it safely outside. Running by the park, I don’t see Hae Won. Where the hell is she?! I don’t see Jae or Minho either, so I guess they’re safe.

We see flashing red lights from the police cars; they are guiding civilians to safety. “Go! Come now! Hurry!”

Taemin and I exchange glances and simply nod. We follow their lead and merge with the other citizens. Taemin grabs onto my hand, “Don’t get lost, arasso?” I smile and nod, still dragging my duffle bag in my hand.

In the crowd, there were students, workers, hallyu stars, and businessmen. They all had the readable expression of their faces; surprised or shocked. They weren’t very afraid at all, they were all calm and resolute.

The little girl started crying in Taemin’s arms. “Umma..”

I pull back a strand of hair behind her ear, “Umma is okay, unnie promises,” I stick out my pinky finger and she takes it. “Promise?”

“I promise,” I assure her. Taemin watches us, reflecting on his promises.

*Flashback*

“Promise we’ll always be there for each other,” Taemin held out his pinky finger.

 

Eun Mi took his pinky finger and the promise was sealed.

 

They spent their ‘last’ day as a normal couple together wandering the streets of Seoul.

 

They ran into a little photobooth and took pictures to remember everything.

 

“Mister Popstar, don’t forget about me,” Eun Mi deeply looked into Taemin’s eyes.

 

“I won’t, promise,” he kissed her sweetly as the photobooth took the last picture.

 

*click*

-- Excerpt from prologue, “Dating Mr. Perfect”

*End flash back*

3rd Person

*I really messed up.* Taemin thought to himself. He thought about the pain Eun Mi endured during the two years they’ve been apart. *I’m such a Pabo*

He looks over to Eun Mi and the little girl, they were playing hand games. He hid his smile momentarily.

He tapped Eun Mi’s shoulder and looked into her eyes. “I’m sorry I broke the promise,”

Eun Mi’s eyes were filling, “You remembered?”

“I’ll never forget a girl like you, Eun Mi,” he hugged her softly.

“Unnie, Sunbae,” the girl called. They broke the hug.

“Yes?~” Taemin patted her head.

“Are two you married?” she innocently guessed.

 

Taemin giggled as Eun Mi buried her red face in her arms. “Yah!” she hit Taemin softly.

“Are you?” the little girl repeated and put her hands on her hips.

“Sunbae, and Unnie are too young,” Taemin preached.

She pouted, “But she’s a princess and you’re a prince!” she pointed. Eun Mi silently giggled.

“Eun Mi-ah, did you hear that? We could have royal blood in us,” he winked and puffed out his cheeks.

“Aigoo, she’s so precious,” she gleamed and pulled the toddlers cheeks.

“And so true! Our babies would be adorable,” he joked.

Eun Mi’s jaw dropped to the ground. *Did he just seriously say that in front of a KID?!*

 “Oppa~!” she whacked him again. She quickly covered . Taemin got closer, “Did you just say Oppa?”

Eun Mi was unresponsive as the little girl watched the two with an evil smirk.

“Yah.. say it again,” he placed his hands around her shoulders. She shook her head.  

“Unnie! Are you his girlfriend then?” the little girl nagged. Eun Mi glared at the toddler, “No..”

“Why not?” she stomped her feet on the ground before starting a tantrum.

Taemin looked up, “Yeah, why not?”

All attention was focused on Eun Mi. She couldn’t think of an excuse.

A noise behind her caused her to turn.

RING! RING!*

“Attention! The earthquake is over! You can go back to your daily needs!” a voice roared through a megaphone.

*Thank you loud guy~* Eun Mi grinned.

“Chun Hei~” someone calls out.

“It’s Umma!” she jumps out of Taemin’s grasp and reunites with her mom.

“Chun Hei! Are you okay, ottoke?!”

“Mom! I’m fine!” she points towards Eun Mi and Taemin.

“Did they take care of you?”

The little girl nodded. Her mother held onto her hand with a tight grip so they wouldn’t be separated again. “Thank you for watching my daughter,” she smiled and looked at the two of them.

“No problem,” they said at the same time. Her mother smiled, “Good luck you two, and remember to treat her right!” she pointed at their hands.

Eun Mi’s eyes popped out of her head, “Do we really look like a couple?”

“Apparently,” he laughed at her cuteness.

“Yah! Why are you laughing?” she complained.

He flicked her head, “You’re too cute,”

She rubbed her forehead and pocked his side, “Pabo!”

They walked together around the park. The trees were changing colors. It was a beautiful sight, indeed.

“Do you know the time?” Eun Mi asks.

Taemin opens his phone, “It’s 9 right now,”

“I should get going then,” she waved.

“Wait!” he yelled.

Eun Mi turned around, “Hmm?”

“Do you want to see my new house?”  Taemin looked down to the ground, regretting that he asked that question.

“Late at night?” she whispered in his ear.

Taemin didn’t notice how creepy he sounded. It was misleading.

“ert,” she snickered at him.

“Noooo! It’s not like that,” he whined and tried to cleanse his image.

“Uhhuh, sure,” Eun Mi outstretched her arm.

“Shall we go?” she winked.

This took Taemin to surprise. Why would she say yes?

She zipped open the duffle bag and uncapped a bottle of water. She also threw one to Taemin, “We could practice and work on my singing,”

“Oh,” Taemin simply replied and drank down the water.

“I just gotta text Hae Won,” she opened her phone and sent the text.

There was no reply from Hae Won, so Eun Mi just took it as a yes. Taemin and Eun Mi entered a taxi and arrived at his house.

“We’re here!” Taemin danced and helped Eun Mi out of the car. Eun Mi’s eyes instantly smiled, “Nice place,”

“Why thank you,” he unlocked the door and bowed. “Ladies first,”

Eun Mi rolled her eyes and took off her shoes. The house was surprisingly clean, compared to Taemin’s old bedroom. She dropped her duffle bag onto the floor and jumped onto the couch.

“Yah! Did you take your shoes off?” Taemin warned. Eun Mi rolled her eyes again, “Yes, Umma,”

“Aren’t we gonna go practice?” he motioned up the stairs. “Let me rest, it’s been a long day,” Eun Mi stuck her tongue out.

He pulled her by her legs, “C’mon! I wanna hear you sing!” Eun Mi grunted and kicked the air.

“I have no choice then,” he went to her and picked her up bridal style up the stairs into a room that had a piano and a mini-studio.

“Can you let me go now~?”

Taemin dropped her onto the Piano stool. “Play,”

“But I don’t play,”

Taemin eyed her, “Yes you do, I heard you play,”

“WERE YOU STALKING ME?”

“No, I just happened to me around,” he forcefully placed her hands on the piano.

They spent the rest of the night practicing and focusing on Eun Mi’s singing. After the all-nighter, Taemin took Eun Mi to the guest’s bedroom but ended up falling asleep on the way.

 

                                                                                                                           

Supah dupah long chappy dappy. :} Enjoyyyyy<3!

Our story is dragging on, do you guys mind? @_@