5.

The Night Crew

At Yunho's home, Yunho helps me to take a seat on the floor and the others, Joon Gi included, take a seat on my left side. All are visibly worried about me and even Yunho looks at me with a worried look on his face once he takes a seat across from me.

''What happened? You don't seem you're okay, so don't tell me nothing happened.'' Yunho says and I zone out again. It's like my mind and my body are completely disconnected from each other, because I can't seem to make any movements at all. I never realised that meeting the king in such a way like this would leave a very big impact on me, but it wasn't the nicest meeting after all. I really could tell the presence of the ghosts in the palace and it will be like that if we don't step in and take down whoever is responsible for this.

Yunho places his hands on my shoulders and starts to shake my shoulders, while he is asking me if I'm okay. Well, I certainly don't. For now, I hope that I won't have to go back there if it's not for The Night Crew. It was overwhelming for me that the guards ripped me apart from the rest of the team, while we were in a meeting and I was about to get to know Joon Gi beter. Apparently, the king had other plans in mind for me... plans that were already decided for him as he only had to carry them out. I come back to my senses after about 10 minutes and panic is all over Yunho's face.

''I don't know what is going on with the king, but he claimed that I'm related to him. Remember what the guards said when they took me away from you guys? The king repeated that again, as he accused me of lying about my life. The king believed that I lied about not being honest and that he didn't like it that I didn't tell him that I'm a prince, that's what he said. I don't believe anything of it. He claimed that I'm a prince.'' I tell Yunho and anxiety is taking over me. Seonghwa immediately starts to gasp, whereas Joon Gi and Byeongkwan remain silent. Yunho's eyes fill with anger, as he can't believe that the king has made such a claim.

''Ghosts can make you do weird things, but they can also make you believe in certain claims. You don't have royal blood in your system, I know that for as long as I can remember. I know that it may be overwhelming to you now, but don't believe those words okay? You're not a prince, you're not related to the king. Those are things that the ghosts make him believe. They don't even have any evidence, so they can't proof that you're related to the king.'' Yunho tries to comfort me, as Joon Gi gets up and takes a seat on the floor behind me. 

''Yunho is right, Taekwoon. I have seen it more than once that ghosts made people believe in things, which weren't even true. But I guess that those people were related to the royal family and that someone keeps an eye on anyone of this family, so that he or she can let the ghosts torture their life. Someone must control the ghosts, there is no other way possible. But there is no way that you are related to the king, because the ghosts probably would've been after you too if you indeed were related.'' Joon Gi says and I look over my shoulder into the eye that hasn't been covered by his hair. He has seen this up close in the military? But what if there is an attack planned on me? What if the king is true?

''I-I just have to take it all in, I think. I never have been accused of something like that before, so it has scared me. I think I'll be able to overcome this tonight when we're going to fight against the ghosts again. I mean, they won't recognise me. At least I hope they won't.'' I manage to get out of my mouth after I look back at Yunho again. Yunho takes a deep breath, as he lets go of me. But the worry hasn't left his eyes. In Yunho's case, worry will never leave his eyes if any of those he cares about is in danger. Yunho is always ready to fight, so he always want to be prepared in case someone is going to attack us.

Out of the blue, I hear the same voices as I heard earlier before I was dragged away by guards and I immediately look at the wall. Two young women stand there with both wearing a white dress. I don't recognise them at all, so I wonder why there are here with us. Yunho looks into the same direction, just like everyone else who is present, but only Yunho can't see them. I don't know if Joon Gi can see them, but Seonghwa and Byeongkwan can see them by using a ghost compass. I'm the only one who can physically see them.

I look away from the wall, while the two women keep talking to me. They try to remind me who they are, but I don't know them. I don't remember my youth at all, it's like that part has been erased from my memories. I don't remember anything from my youth, I don't even know who my parents are. Yunho technically raised me after he lost his younger sibling and has been taking care of me ever since. Ever since I was little, I can see ghosts. But I use this ability to fight with The Night Crew, because that's when I can determine when someone is in danger or not. But I don't know anyone who was around me in the first few years of my life. I don't care that I don't know how my life was like, but I don't remember these people at all.

''What's wrong, Taekwoon?'' Joon Gi asks from behind me and I slightly turn to look him in the eyes. I have completely forgotten about what I have told him about me, but I'll explain it again if I have to. Joon Gi is also worried like everyone else in the room, his eyes show the worry just like the worry is shown in Yunho's eyes. If Joon Gi can prove how skilled he is, he can get a ghost compass too if he can't see them. I haven't asked him about his ability to see ghosts, I also completely forgot about what he just told me.

''There are two women among us and they claim to know me, but I don't know them.'' I share and I look over my shoulder to see if the compasses of Byeongkwan and Seonghwa are responding to what I just said. To confirm what I said just yet, the arrows of the compasses point into the direction I just looked at. Even the compasses confirm what I just shared, those things never lie. I look away from the two women and I look at Yunho, proving to him that I need his protection in this. Because I hate it that even ghosts are coming for me, while I don't even know anything about them.