1.

The Night Crew

For many centuries, the king is the main target of attacks by ghosts. We know that, but the citizens don't and it's better that they don't know it. Citizens would label this as nonsense, because ghosts aren't something they can see. They are among us and the sad part is, is that everyone in The Night Crew can see them. I've been a part of The Night Crew sinds I turned 18, thanks to Yunho. Yunho is like my right hand and is always around me, he is acting like a bodyguard sometimes. But he knew about my skills and he thought that The Night Crew is the perfect place for me to use them. 

The Night Crew is a group of skilled young men who use their fighting skills to defeat the ghosts. Everyone knows how to fight with a sword, including me. But I also have an extra skill, which is why Yunho wanted me to join this team... I'm able to bend two elements. I can bend fire and water. As far as I know, I'm the only one who is able to do so. But I wonder why I can do that, but no one else can. As a young kid, I wanted to know everything about why I was so much different from everyone else. Now that I'm older, I'm okay with being different from everyone else. And in this team, no one complains about me being different. This team is quite mysterious, because no one even knows who is trying to chase to ghosts away. The citizens don't and neither do the king and the queen, which I'm glad about.

Tonight is another night that we have to deal with these nasty creatures. There is someone who must control them or they might be the souls of people who used to hate them. We don't know much, but the king is the main target. He gets possessed by one of them and then tries to kill his entire family, but that won't do it for me. Our goal is to protect him and his family, but we also try to protect the citizens. When showing up as The Night Crew, we are always dressed as scholars. We maybe change this, but we have to everything it takes to keep our identities hidden. I honestly look stupid as a scholar, but I have to keep my identity hidden. If the ghosts would find out who I really am, they might come after me or start to attack anyone who is close to me. To finish out disguise, we have to wear a mask to cover our mouths.

''Is anyone ready?'' Yunho asks as we look down from the roof to the square, where a lot is happening. The king is harming the queen for no reason in front of his children and everyone who works for them. By hearing his voice from a distance, the king doesn't sound like himself. I also can see some ghosts near him, there are a lot of them so I wonder how we are going to defeat them. I look at the rest of our team and I see all of them nod, except for Byeongkwan. Byeongkwan is quite clumsy sometimes, which also makes him come across as nervous. 

''Byeongkwan? You heard Yunho's question?'' I ask with a soft tone, trying to get Byeongkwan's attention. Byeongkwan doesn't respond, which results in Seonghwa getting annoyed and Seonghwa pokes Byeongkwan in his side. Byeongkwan tries not to scream in pain, but he looks into our direction with an annoyed face.

''You heard Yunho's question, Byeongkwan? God, you're so annoying sometimes.'' Seonghwa sounds annoyed and rolls with his eyes. Byeongkwan sighs, but nods to finally answer the question that Yunho just asked. Byeongkwan is a great guy, but he is young and he can be quite rebellious too. So Seonghwa has all the right to be annoyed, as Byeongkwan sometimes has issues to listen to someone like Yunho.

At Yunho's cue, we jump off the roof and we're ready to attack once our feet hit the ground. I grab my sword and I start to fight immediately, while seeing the king coming at me in the corner of my eye. As I'm about to lash out with my sword again, the ghost disappears and later appears in front of Seonghwa. I make my way towards Yunho and I let the king come towards me. Yunho senses my move and makes sure his back is against mine, so that both of us have a bit of security. I then look around me to see if I can use any fire and to my luck, there are torches. Without any time to waste, I raise my hand and I move my hand down to hold the fire in front of me. The king's expression seems to change from anger to panic, but I don't care about that. He is possessed, so I have to take the king down. No matter how everyone between these walls will treat me or anyone of the team.

I lash out at the king, who seems to scream in pain in a very unusual way. I have a small smile on my face, as I start to attack the other ghosts. In the mean time, the king recovers and tries to come our way again. Seonghwa immediately closes me in on the other side, making me startle when I see Seonghwa standing with his back towards me on my left.

''The king is focussed on you, Taekwoon. We need to protect you.'' Seonghwa whispers, but loud enough for Yunho to hear. Yunho doesn't waste a single second and starts to attack the king immediately. In the mean time, Byeongkwan is closing me in from the back and the three of us continue to fight in this triangle. Ever since I joined The Night Crew, Yunho commanded on the rest that they have to close me in during fights and that they have to protect me. I wonder why, but I assume he doesn't want to lose a friend like me. 

''Leo, I need some fire over here!'' Yunho says and I look into his direction. Yunho names me Leo during fights, so that my real name remains hidden. Yunho is acting like my bodyguard sometimes and I know he has some good purposes with it, but he makes me go crazy sometimes. I look in a quick second to the same torch and I raise my hand, before I start to use some of my skills as I bend fire. I break the triangle which consisted of me, Seonghwa and Byeongkwan and I start to aim the fire at the king. This attack is bigger than I just did and after I finish my last attack, Yunho taps on my shoulder and we leave the palace as soon as possible. I don't even know if the ghosts disappeared, but I am glad that we can leave that place. I don't know, I always feel uncomfortable when we have to protect the family of the king. 

We climb up against the walls and we flee as we jump over the roof to the other side of the palace. We run away from the palace and we make our way to Yunho's house. Yunho's house is the most safe right now to go to, I don't know why. But I know by now that Yunho wants us to be safe and his is the most safe to go to for now.