7.

The Night Crew

I sit down on the floor again and it doesn't take long before my body starts to shake. Why is everyone lying to me these days? I thought I was perfectly fine, until prince Hakyeon came in with this document that confirmed the real me. But I don't know about my parents, were they seriously a part of this high class family? Then how is it possible that I'm the only one within that family who can bend two elements? 

Joon Gi immediately takes a seat across from me and pulls me in for a comforting hug, which I automatically accept. I can hear footsteps going back and forth in the room, but I can't see who those footsteps belong to since I burried my head into Joon Gi's shoulder. Joon Gi rubs over my back with one of his hands and tries to calm me down by talking in a soothing tone to me. By his footsteps, I can hear Yunho walking back to where he sat before this happened and takes a seat again. And I know that the prince is still present, because his voice becomes louder when he takes a seat on his knees next to me and Joon Gi.

''Don't worry Taekwoon, you won't be taken away anytime soon. We first wanna figure out how we can cure the king, that is our main priority. I don't feel that comfortable with all of the dark magic around us, so I hope that we also can figure out how to get that out of the way too. Oh, I forgot to tell you this aswell... you and I are related too. Your mother was a sister of my mother and my mother still can't accept the loss of your mother.'' the prince says and I raise my head immediately with a confused look in my eyes. What? My mother was a sister of his mother? So, that means... the prince is my cousin?

Joon Gi is not letting go of me, but I'm fine with that. I kinda like this hug to be honest, it's the peace that I need. But why is the prince telling me all of this? I still don't trust him, but how can I trust him with all the information he shares? I have never trusted anyone within the walls of the palace, but that document showed the truth. And now it's counting down the days that I have to give up this life, something I'm not going to do at all.  Besides, I can't give up The Night Crew. I have turned it into my life, The Night Crew makes me who I am today. 

''Your Highness, are you telling Taekwoon all of this to drive him insane? If so, you're off to a good start.'' Yunho says with a loud voice and the prince gets up after making eyecontact with Yunho. The guards make their way to Yunho and they all aim their swords at him, something that doesn't scare Yunho. Joon Gi in the mean time lets go of me, but grabs my wrist and pulls me away from the prince, Yunho and the guards. Seonghwa immediately pulls me a bit closer to him once Joon Gi and I safely joined Seonghwa and Byeongkwan, while whispering in my ear that I'm okay and that I'm safe with them.

''I don't know when I'll be able to see him again, that's why I share so much with him. But I assume that especially you don't appreciate my presence here, so I'm going to leave then. But... I'd like to see Taekwoon later tonight. If possible, by himself.'' the prince says and leaves, the guards follow shortly after. Yunho crawls to me, while immediately asking if I'm okay. I shake my head immediately and I start to cry, I simply lost my fight against my tears. I hate to cry in front of others, but I simply lost control of myself. Yunho places a hand on my left upper leg and rubs over it with his thumb to calm me down.

''You're going to be okay Taekwoon. I won't let you talk to him, because I don't want to believe any of what he just said. The only information we can believe, is from the document you have seen. I refuse to let you see him. Not tonight, never!'' Yunho raises his voice and I can feel the anger going through his veins as his hand starts to shake. Yunho is very protective over me and he shows that everytime an unfamiliar person comes too close near me. As if he does treat me like a prince, I don't even want to call myself one to be honest. I don't deserve that title, it doesn't suit me.

Joon Gi places his hand on my shoulder and looks at me with a smile once the two of us make eyecontact. I make a simple nod with my head into his direction as a thank you for what he just did when the prince was around. I barely know this guy, but he has been a great help to me already. I think I do owe Joon Gi something, I hope I can show him tonight what I'm capable of. But I need to be cautious about my bending skills, since the palace knows about me being able to master those two elements.

''Yunho, I think we should-'' Byeongkwan tries to suggest, but Yunho shakes his head immediately. Yunho knows often what Byeongkwan wants to say, but he doesn't let Byeongkwan speak tonight.

''No Byeongkwan, we won't be cautious tonight. Taekwoon has to attack and defend with those elements and I won't allow him to take a step back. It's his bending skills with his fighting skills that convinced me to let him join the team. No, we won't be cautious tonight. Taekwoon knows how to save himself, so there is no reason to be more cautious.'' Yunho says and he sounds like as if the prince had quite an influence on him, because I have never heard Yunho speak like this. But he is right, I can't hide myself tonight. I have used my bending skills everytime we had to fight and I didn't hold back during all those fights. Besides, my face is half covered so they won't know that it's me who is a member of The Night Crew. 

''But we have to keep a close eye on Taekwoon. Once they pull off his mask, he's doomed.'' Seonghwa then says, as he holds me close against him. Everyone in the room feels bad for me now, since a prince showed up completely unannounced and decides to share the news about the real me. I would say it's disrespectful, but what if the king did send him? What if I will be taken away for good the next time I meet up with the prince? I need to keep him on a distance, because I don't trust anyone inside the palace. I don't know who is possessed by a demon and who isn't. 

Yunho nods and looks at me from head to toe, just to check if I'm truly okay. As if the king's threat wasn't enough, the prince decided to make it even worse for me. I think that someone has to let the king know that I will only show up at the palace by invitation. I only wanna visit the king if I recieve an invitation. If I don't get one, I won't go there. The same counts for the prince. He can only talk to me by invitation. As for tonight, I think I'll follow Yunho's words. I won't meet up with the prince tonight, I won't give him a chance to see me.

''I was surprised to see him here, I never would've thought that my friend would do this.'' Seonghwa says and I hold my breath in for a second as I look at Seonghwa. What did he just say? Seonghwa is friends with this idiot? Is that why I don't see him at daytime very often? Is he meeting up with this idiot?

''W-What? Are you indicating that you were the one who asked him to come here?'' Byeongkwan exclaims, as the expression in his eyes turns to anger. Seonghwa sighs, but shakes his head immediately. Why didn't he tell me about this earlier? What else is Seonghwa keeping from me?

''N-No, I didn't. The last time I met up with him, was last week. The next time I'll see him, I will share all of your thoughts with his way of entering the house.'' Seonghwa tries to safe the situation, but Yunho shows a look of disgust. I agree with Yunho's expression, I feel disgusted by this confession too. But it's too late to withdraw Seonghwa from tonight's mission, we will definitely need his help tonight.

''L-Look... We definitely w-will need his help t-tonight.'' I stutter, while trying to safe Seonghwa on my turn. I look at Seonghwa, who nods and smiles as a sign of thank you. Yunho, on the other hand, is less pleased, but agrees with me on now being too late to withdraw Seonghwa from the mission. It kinda feels like Seonghwa cheated on us, after all of these many years.