14.

The Night Crew

Months later, I am fully recovered from the injury. I have seen the doctor more often than I have ever done in my life, but I'm thankful for him doing everything he can to get me back to normal. Well normal? My life isn't normal anymore ever since the queen has made me move into the palace and she wants me to quit The Night Crew too, but that is a promise I can't make. As long as this guy is walking around trying to make a puppet of me, I won't quit The Night Crew. I've been a part of this team since a young age, so quitting something I'm passionate about isn't easy.

In the mean time, I have found out more about this guy who is holding the king under a spell. He isn't someone you can kill easily, he claims to be immortal. But I have found out how I can kill him if I want the peace to return to the kingdom... I need to burn him alive. I overheard his conversation with his right hand and he felt victorious that no one could kill him. Well, he hasn't met me then. Actually, he did. But that doesn't count. He doesn't know what I'm really capable of. I mean, I haven't shown my talents to him just yet since I was tied up to a pole.

I sit on a bench as I have great sight over the lake. Yunho and the others often visit me and share with me when it's time to attack again, since we don't live near each other anymore. It also means that Yunho can't be my right hand when I'm within these walls, but he definitely steps in as my bodyguard as soon as we're together when it's time to fight. I don't know, but I kinda feel in danger when Yunho isn't around. I grew up with having Yunho on my side and I'm not used to do things on my own, I don't think I can get used to that idea. I kinda feel alone within the palace, I don't feel comfortable living this life. I wish I wasn't born as a prince, so that I at least could've lived a normal life.

''You're okay, Your Highness?'' I hear someone asking and I look behind me, to see a few maids standing behind me. I get up and I turn towards the maids, who bow as soon as I make eyecontact with them. 

''Well, you know? I grew up outside of these walls and I lived as a normal citizen. So to change that lifestyle is hard for me, because I'm used to everything with my own hands instead of to let someone else do all of that.'' I answer the question, trying to hide my complaining. The maid in the front starts to smile and approaches me very carefully. Everyone here knows I'm still feel uncomfortable and that I need time to get used to the life I was supposed to live. But as long as this guy is still around, I won't say goodbye to The Night Crew and I will remain to live as a normal human being.

''I think you need some time for that. I don't know how you must feel right now, but I understand that it's quite confusing to you. Ah, before I forget. Her Majesty the Queen would like to speak to you.'' she says and I simply nod at her, while wondering where the queen wants to talk about. I still refuse to call her my mother, because I have lived with a great couple who I still call my parents. But we'll see what she is up to, so I bow to the maids and I leave the spot as I make my way towards the queen. As I make my way to her, I walk past this evil man and I can feel his eyes burn on me. However, I decide not to look him in the eyes. The last thing I can hear him whisper, is that he wonders how he can kill me since I survived the king's attack.

I have learnt that not only the king and this weird dude are trying to prevent me to take the king's spot, but there is also someone else after my position. I don't know much about this person, but all I know is that I have to prevent that he or she won't make it to the throne. Just when I'm near the queen's room, I'm being attacked from the side and I imediately start to fight with this creature. I can tell that it's not a normal human being, so I need to beat this the hard way. Yunho and the others aren't around, so I should solve this myself. I start to use firebending and it seems to attract the attention of many people within the palace, because I can hear most of them scream. With this, it also attracts the attention of the guards and they rush to us, as two of them take me away from this creature.

''Your Highness, this creature has been sent by those who has put a spell on His Majesty.'' one of the guards says and my eyes widen when I come to the realisation that they talk about the guy I passed by seconds earlier. He is still trying to capture me and to sacrifice me, I feel like he is always one step ahead of me and it frustrates me. Because the only thing I need to do is to burn him alive and I need to know every step of his, but that's quite a difficult task. The guards drag me with them and bring me to the queen, who gets up from her seat as soon as the guards drag me inside the room.

''Excuse us for this Your Majesty, but Your Highness was attacked by a creature whom we can't identify just yet.'' one of the guards says as both let go of me. The queen's eyes widen, as she rushes to me and wraps her arms around me to pull me in for a hug. Her heart is beating like crazy and I don't want her to get a heart attack is remains to be this worried about me. I know I'm in a difficult situation, but The Night Crew will help me out to defeat him. The question is... how can I burn him alive when he doesn't notice? Because the ghosts definitely will share with him what I'm up to and even his right hand will know about it.

''Goodness, I'm glad that you're alive. But this means we need to protect you even more, because who knows what they are up to next. Taekwoon, you're in serious danger. I know you don't see it that way, but you will be killed the next time they get their hands on you.'' the queen says as she lets go of me. I nod, while I know deep down in my heart that I'll risk it all to get this guy away from me. I'll do whatever it takes to beat down the evil spirits that are on this planet and I won't stop until their master is dead, because that's when it'll be easier to finish the rest.

The queen takes me with her to her seat and requests me to take a seat next to her. Not directly next to her, but on her right at the table. I can see the worry in her eyes, but I decide not to ask if that is all what she's worried about. But I do know is that whatever she tries to take as measures, it won't help me. Taking this guy out is something I need to do, I'm the only one who can take him down. But for now, I can't protest about that. The queen places her hand upon mine and she has a faint smile on her face.

''I want the best for you and I don't want to lose you, especially after I had to say goodbye to your parents already. You were their firstborn and your mother, my sister, was more than happy to be a mother. She wanted to raise you well, she was looking forward to raise a son. Your dad was incredibly proud too, as he couldn't wait to pass on the throne to you. But your parents were killed in front of you, you were only 4 years old. Because of this, the decison was made to raise you out of the palace to provide you a safe environment to grow up in. Once an autopsy was performed on your parents, it was revealed that your father was a firebender and your mother was a waterbender. None of us knew, as we all believed that each and everyone of our family was normal.'' the queen shares with me, leaving me in shock. So everything was right all this time? So the life I have lived was just an illusion? Why did this happen to me?