10.

The Night Crew

The prince drags me to a room where indeed Yunho and the others of the team are, being protected by some guards that remained alive. Yunho gets up from the floor and rushes over to me, before pulling me in a hug as the prince lets go of my hand. Byeongkwan is the one who sighs out of relief and shares with the rest that he is relieved that I'm still alive. 

''What happened to you? I was so worried about you.'' Yunho says when he lets go of me, worry still shown in his eyes. I faintly smile at him as I quickly pull the others in for a hug. I don't want to recall those moments that I spend there, it felt like hours to me. I still can't get my head around the fact that everyone wants me to admit that I'm related to the king, while I'm not. I never have been related to the king or to prince Hakyeon, so the royals need to stop complaining about this fake rumor. I never have been inside this place other than for fights with The Night Crew and I'm not planning to play along with their lies. 

''He wanted to sacrifice me to to the gods he said, so that his power can grow and that he can keep controlling the ghosts. He was convinced that I was lying to him and that I wasn't honest about myself.'' I share, trying not to drop the word prince, as Hakyeon is still around us. He can't know about me being a part of The Night Crew, because I'm dead for sure if he knows. As I'm sharing my relief with the rest of our team, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look over my shoulder to the person who stands behind me, but I don't fully turn just yet. If it's Hakyeon, I better show not who I am. Even if it's anyone else of the family, I can't show who I am. So instead of looking the person behind me in the eyes, I turn my head back and panic starts to rise inside me. Not only is the prince standing behind me, but he is accompanied by the queen and a few maids.

''So the prince wasn't lying about The Night Crew at all, they're very skilled. But I am surprised to hear that my nephew is a part of it, because that was the last thing I expected.'' the queen says and my eyes widen as I look at Byeongkwan and Yunho. Prince Hakyeon must've told her about me, there is no other way possible. No way that I'm going to reveal myself, not when a rookie member like Joon Gi is around. I don't want him to go through this, I don't want him to see how these people are going to expose me. The prince turns me around without any second to waste and I look down immediately. Yunho tries to demand that they need to let go of me, but it's of no use. The prince gestures at them that it's okay and that they shouldn't worry too much, while he takes off my mask shortly after.

''What? You're that young man that the king wanted to see recently... and you're indeed my nephew. Never in a million years would I believe to ever see you again.'' the queen says as she bows at me. I quickly respond by doing the same thing, but I'm scared. The footsteps that I hear behind me shortly after are from Yunho, Byeongkwan, Seonghwa and Joon Gi, so I'm glad they don't abandon me and that they're ready to take me with them when it gets too tensed.

''Hold on, nephew? How do you know me, my queen?'' I ask as I look past the prince to the queen, while the queen takes a few steps forward. Her hand can reach my shoulder and a big smile appears on her face when she looks at me from head to toe. I want to leave this please as soon as possible and I want to leave these people behind the fastest I can. Her other hand rests on my cheek, as the bright smile continues to stay on her face while she steps forward even more. Meanwhile, Byeongkwan whines behind me as he simply doesn't like what is going on. Neither do I, but I can't pull back right now. That would come off as disrespectful.

''Yes, I know you. Your mother was my sister and she was over the moon when she told me that she would become a mum, she loved to be around kids. At the time you were born, your mother proudly showed you to us and that was the first and last time I've seen you. I wasn't aware of you being raised elsewhere, but the thought of you was kept alive by the maids who kept talking about you. They also heard from my son here that you were an element bender, the last in your kind. I was shocked to hear that, because what is written on a document that says that who can see ghosts and can bend fire and water can become a king. I was shocked to know that your mother probably lied to us about who you really are. Anyways, it's true that you are my nephew and that you are related to me and my son.'' the queen explains and my mind seems to be in big chaos, as I collapse on my knees and barely can release any word.

The queen squads down and wraps her arms around me as she pulls me in for a hug. I still am not ready to accept my real identity, because I am used to live a normal life outside those walls. Tears stream down my face as I can no longer hold them. Why did people lie to me all this time? Why did they believe that it was better that I wasn't going to know about it? I am beyond confusion and my mind is in a big state of shock. I don't want to give up on my life and on The Night Crew, this is my life. I can't even imagine myself to sit on the throne and giving up all of this, I can't do this. 

''I'm very surprised to see you in a group like this, I am surprised how skilled you are in martial arts. We have always appreciated the protection from The Night Crew, but the king wanted to crush you. Ever since the king started to act weird, he wanted to get all of you killed because he simply didn't wanted your help. But we did appreciate it and we always wanted to find a way to thank you, but you disappeared into thin air before we got our chance to do so. But now I can finally thank all of you for protecting us, so thank you. My goodness, you have grown a lot and you have become a handsome young man.'' the queen says as she raises her head, looking at the four men behind me. Further in the back, Seonghwa is talking to the prince and it sounds like they are happy to see each other again.

''Leo! Watch out!'' I hear behind me out of the blue and I let go of the queen, but not fast enough. Right when I look over my shoulder, a sword is stabbed in my back quite deep. The maids start to scream and I can hear a ''No!'' in sync from Joon Gi and Yunho in sync, before I collapse on the floor face forward. Many footsteps come into my direction and even the prince is crying, hmm okay. I'm fighting hard to stay consious, but it's a fight I am about to lose. My eyes feel heavier and heavier and I slowly close my eyes, while many people around me try to keep me awake. I don't fear death at all, but I didn't plan to go so soon.