20.

The Night Crew

After I'm done, the five of us leave the room and the prince hasn't left his spot in front of my room. He seems mad, but I don't care. I choose for myself and I am willing to sacrifice this flirty prince if I have to. The prince sighs in irritation, but I shake my head.

''I was told that the priest wanted to sacrifice me to bring even more ghosts into the kingdom. He wants the kingdom for himself and therefore, he needs to get rid of those that are in his way. I am included. If you want to see the kingdom die, you should continue to sacrifice me. But with that, I will say immediately that our relationship would never work out if I had any feelings for you. You are flirting with me, while you clearly know that I don't want it and that I want you to stay away from me. If you continue to disobey me, I definitely will leave the palace for good and I am willing to sacrifice my position for whatever it takes.'' I snap at him and the prince keeps his mouth closed, while the five of us leave the palace.

We make our way outside and it seems like panic has spread  The priest has used a spell to release more and more ghosts and he has a devilish laugh on his face. But when he sees us, he burst into a huge laughter and he approaches us. I know that the king and the queen are watching us, but I don't care. I can hear them in the background and I can hear the queen trying to get my attention while trying to scream, but I won't respond.

''You just missed the best part of the party. It's a shame that our prince wasn't willing to do whatever I want.'' the priest says and I smile behind my mask. He thinks that he has won, but the party is about to start. Because I will show everyone here where I am capable of and I will show everyone that I am the true king, even though I still believe I still lack in a lot of ways. I look around me and I see a lot of torches being present, which is good.

I aim at one of the torches and I start to bend fire, which results in a lot of people scream in fear. I start to create a bigger fire at the time I add my own anger to it and with that, my eyes change color aswell. The smile on the priest's face has disappeared and he tries to summon ghosts, but the ghosts scream when they see the fire that I create.

''You think you can beat me? Watch how I will ruin your life!'' I scream and with all the power that I have, I aim the big ball of fire at the priest and I start to scream in the mean time aswell to add some extra power to it. The priest starts to scream in fear, but I won't hold back. I finally have him in my power and I will show him that he can't mess with me. In the mean time, all the ghosts have gathered around us and they are too scared to make a move. Apparently, no one told the ghosts that I can bend fire and that is something that scares them.

The priest continues to scream and he tries to escape, but he doesn't stand a chance. Yunho places his hands on my shoulder from behind and gives me some more power. I think he knows that this is how I have to defeat him and that I am about to lose power when he is finally gone. But I know that all the ghosts disappear when this guy is gone too, so I need to do this. But Yunho isn't the only one who gives me some extra power, even Seonghwa, Byeongkwan and Joon Gi help me out and the priest start to scream in a high pitch. I close my eyes to focus on my target and it doesn't take long before I hear the four behind me gasp in surprise. I can't watch right now, but I am sure that I've done something terrific.

''Taekwoon, your fire is blue!'' Seonghwa exclaims and I am quite surprised. So I open my eyes and I see what Seonghwa means... my fire is indeed blue. I don't know much about blue fire, so I have no idea if this is stronger or not. But it seems to defeat the priest, because he bursts into a million pieces. When the priest is finally gone, the ghosts disappear too and I lower my hands. I collapse through my knees, but Yunho prevents that I fall to the ground. Seonghwa, Joon Gi and Byeongkwan let go of me, while Yunho lifts me up in bridal style and holds me close while he gets up from the floor.

''I hope that it'll go better from now on with Your Majesty, because the main issue has been solved. This priest was responsible for the amount of ghosts over here and he also was responsible for Your Majesty's behavior. Now if you excuse me, I will take the prince with me to his room and give him time to rest. However, the four of us stay with him.'' Yunho says as he walks away from the royal family. I am very exhausted, but I still am conscious enough to know what Yunho is saying. I can only hear him, the others sound troubled.

As we make our way inside, I can hear concern raise among the maids. I can sense that Yunho tries to comfort the maids by sharing a certain look with them, a look he uses often to calm down those who are worried about me. My left arm is hanging next to my body, whereas my right arm is partially crossing my chest. I'm too weak to open my eyes to and to hear from Yunho and the others that it'll be okay. Well, I defeated the main problem. But I hope that the ghost will stay away for good aswell, however it also means that the three ghosts near me will disappear too. I still don't know in which way they are related to me, but I don't care for now.

''Hold on Taekwoon, we'll give you time to rest. We have arrived at your bedroom now.'' Seonghwa says and I feel a hand brush through my hair. Apparently, my hat fell off and someone is having it with him now. I'm glad that I have the crew near me and that they are willing to protect me, even now that I am in this situation that I am about to become the new king of the kingdom. I still am not ready for that, but I have accepted at this point that there is no way back and that I cannot go back anymore to the life I used to live.

Within seconds, I feel Yunho letting go of me and I feel a blanket covering my body... I am in my bedroom right now. I am glad that I managed to save the day, even when I know that the queen disagrees and won't like it that I managed to sneak away to get rid off this priest. But I hope that she has seen by now why I always want the crew near me and why I never want to be seperated from them... they are a part of my life.

''Rest well Taekwoon, we're here for you. We won't leave you.'' Byeongkwan says in a soft tone and I smile in my head. I am glad that I have the people around me who are willing to sacrifice their lives for me and who I can rely on. I still haven't been able to talk to Joon Gi and to talk about his skills, since it happened very fast when I was taken to the palace to fill in the spot that was supposed to be mine. Once I am strong enough, I want to have a moment with him and talk about his skills. So far, he has impressed me and he convinced me I could trust him. For now, I want to rest like the team asked me to.