11.

The Night Crew

I slowly open my eyes, while groaning. I have a hard time to process what has happened, but it must've been a few hours that I was gone. I'm in an unknown room and many voices say that I'm awake, while all of their attention goes out to me. I look at all the faces that are above me and I can tell that the entire team is still here too, which is great. But even the queen is present with the prince, accompanied by some maids from the palace. How did I ended up here?

''You're okay, Taekwoon?'' Yunho asks as I slowly turn my head into his direction. I can't seem to open my mouth yet, so I nod instead. Everything in my head feels like as if it's about to blow up, so I better be careful with whatever I'm going to do. Yunho streaks through my hair and looks straight into my eyes, completely ignoring the queen and the prince. It doesn't take long before I look at Joon Gi, who is as relieved as everyone else. He scoots a bit closer to me and a faint smile is on his face.

''It's so good to see you awake, my nephew. You were unconsious for an entire month and we all wondered if you would ever wake up again, since your wounds were pretty deep. The king was not himself when he stabbed you, while screaming that you had to die after you passed out. I don't know what is going on inside his head, but he wanted you dead. In the mean time that you were unconsious, the maids took care of you and me and my son kept an eye on you every single day. But also yours friends came every day, they wanted to be here if you would ever wake up.'' the queen explains and my eyes widen when I look at her. What? I was unconsious for an entire month? The king wanted to kill me? I need to leave this place, because I am in great danger.

I want to get up, but Yunho holds me back from it by placing his hands on my shoulders and slowly pushing me back. I take a deep breath and I just surrender to the situation, no matter how much I hate it. But I need to recover as soon as possible, so that I can fight with The Night Crew again. Yunho and the others need my help, because I can bend fire and fire can scare the ghosts off. Without my help, The Night Crew won't be able to survive. So I have to start with my recovery as soon as possible, so that I can fight again.

''Taekwoon, please. I don't want you to get even more hurt. The ghosts will know by now about your current physical condition and once they know that you're going to fight without you being fully recovered, they will come for you and they will kill you.'' Yunho continues and I sigh again, before I nod. I'm not the type who wants to lay down and relax, I wanna fight whenever there is a fight. I want people to rely on me and I hate it that I can't help them right now. I'm freaking out a bit, but here are plenty of people in the room who want me to lay down and relax. Then, the prince's face is above mine with a big smile. A maid is next to the queen as she is checking my pulse. By Yunho's look, I can tell that he isn't pleased with the prince being this close to me. I honestly don't know what he wants, so I can't judge about this situation.

''You're such a badass type, the most badass I have seen so far. I was amazed by your performance tonight, I never have seen a firebender in my entire life. But as you have heard so far, you need to take your rest. The king might still come after you to finish his job, so you need to take your rest and you need to stay hidden. Until you are fully recovered, you can't leave this place. You can't return until you're fully recovered and you need to let the maids do their job when they are going to take care of you.'' the prince says and my eyes widen immediately. What? I can't leave? That indicates that my wounds are quite serious then, but I still hate it that I need to stay here. 

Joon Gi takes my hand in his and I manage to look at him, looking at a smiling face. I haven't been able to show him my full capability, so I feel kinda guilty that I haven't shown him yet what I'm capable of. I try not to look at the face of the prince that is still above mine, but I try to focus on my team mates instead. I don't wanna look at the people who claim that I'm related to them, I'm still in a state of denial. I don't wanna know about my ability to see ghosts and my so called 'title', I don't wanna know anything about that. The prince continues to smile and doesn't waste any second before placing his lips on mine. My eyes widen immediately, as this comes as a shock to me. My mind is in a big chaos and even the queen and her maids are gasping, while Yunho's sighing in big disappointment.

When the prince breaks the short kiss, a smile hasn't left his face. I'm still in a big shock and I feel like I don't wanna give myself time to process this. Why did the prince do this? I don't want to be with someone like him, who is higher in rank than I am. I'm not a prince, no matter how trustworthy that document may be. I won't be a prince and I won't be one. The maids haven't said a word, neither has the queen. Her eyes immediately focus on the prince, whereas I look confused at Yunho to share with him that it wasn't my idea and that my body is too weak to respond at what happened. Before the prince looks up at the queen, he whispers in my ear that he likes me. Shivers run down my spine when I hear that, why would he like me? 

''My son, I think it's better for now to leave. It was a sudden movement for all of us and I think it's the biggest shock to my nephew, who also has to recover from the deep wound caused by your father. You can come back tomorrow, but you need to give him some time okay?'' the queen says, but I can hear a slight bit of anger in her voice. The prince sighs in disappointment, but nods before he gets up and leaves the room without protesting. I sigh out of relief and I blink at the queen as a sign of thank you, which she accepts by slightly bowing her head. 

''For now, it's important that no one outside of four of you, my son and I enters this room to come close to Taekwoon. We don't know what will happen if none of us are around and I don't know if my husband will come here to kill Taekwoon in the end.'' the queen orders as she looks at the four men on my left side. Yunho, Seonghwa, Byeongkwan and Joon Gi all bow to the queen, before looking at me again. I hate it when others take care of me, while I'm supposed to take care of others. I don't feel happy here, I don't like it that I have to stay in the palace as I have to recover. There is too much danger around me and it'll kill me anytime, even if someone is coming in to finish their job... which is to kill me.