6.

The Night Crew

Later that day, the five of us are having a simple meal at Yunho's house. Yunho wants us to be well fed before we're going to make our way to the palace again and chase some ghosts away. Yunho is quite bothered by the threat the king made towards me, but he can't do much about it. Sometimes, he has to fulfill a certain duty near the king and Yunho has to keep it a secret that he works with me. I prefer to stay hidden for the royal family, because I don't want to have another encounter with them again after what happened between me and the king. He certainly has mistaken me for someone else, because I am not a prince. No one within the palace knows how to bend elements, I'm the only one and my parents have died a few years ago.

''I can tell that this has had a big impact on you, but let it go Taekwoon. The king has made a threat to you that is one that we should keep in the back of our head in case he makes this threat again. '' Yunho says to break the silence and the two of us make eyecontact together. I should keep this in the back of my head? I'm not going to take this serious to be honest, especially because of the behaviour he showed. He clearly was possessed by a demon and demons can make you say and do a lot of things you would never say yourself.

''Are you serious, Yunho? I have to let this go? He made this threat against me and not against you. I think you'll think differently about it once he will make a certain threat to you or when he will put you into danger. Yunho, please. I think that my life is going to be in danger and I'm sure he will send guards to me again to take me away.'' I backfire at him as I raise my voice, but I don't immediately get up yet. I never have done that before, that's just not how I am. Yunho and I have our disagreements, but we never walk away from each other. It's something we have promised to each other and until this day, we stick to that promise.

''Yunho, you should take it slow with Taekwoon. It has left a great impact on him and he is accused of something he isn't at all. I think that once we fight tonight, that Taekwoon is able to leave it behind him.'' Byeongkwan steps in and Yunho's lips become a faint line as he looks at me with a stern look on his face. I know that he wants me to keep in mind that it might be true, but I don't want to. I never was born inside the royal line and I never was born as a prince, so that is just complete nonsense that the king said to manipulate me. I'm not going to believe any of it, I never have believed any rumors at all.

Right at that time, some guards enter the room without announing anything and another person enters the room shortly after. I turn around, since my back is facing the door, and I look up. Behind me stands a young man with quite a playful and young face, dressed in very fancy clothes. Are you kidding me? Did the king send someone else to take me away? Or is he possessed too? Yunho gets up immediately and makes his way to the young man, but is held back by the swords of the guards. I get up and I bow at the young man, who does the same with a smile. 

''Who are you if I may ask?'' I ask the young man and the young man doesn't say anything at first, while holding the smile on his face. The young man places a hand on my shoulder and rubs over it. I feel very uncomfortable right now, but I can't let him go away. It's rude to send your guests away before you even know why they actually are here, so I should know first why he is here and who he really is.

''I'm prince Hakyeon and I came here by myself, not by anyone else in the family. The rumor about you being related to the king has spread through the town, so I wanted to meet you myself in order to confirm or to deny those rumors. I've become quite curious about you and I always like to dig into things my father doesn't want me to dig into.'' the young man introduces himself and my eyes widen. Why is a prince like him here in Yunho's house? Why is everyone all of a sudden looking for me? I look at Seonghwa, Byeongkwan and Joon Gi, while wondering what I'm supposed to do. 

''Your Highness, why would you come here? I'm not related to the king in any way, I feel very attacked by this threat. Please, don't believe those rumors. The king is possessed by a demon and that demon makes him say a lot of things.'' I say panicking and I can see Yunho looking at me as if he is about to attack the guards. I shake my head, as I look back at the prince standing in front of me. He has the guts to show up and to enter Yunho's house unannounced.

The prince takes a document out of his pocket and hands it to me. Confusion is all over me, but I still take the document from the prince. Since it's folded, I have to unfold the document to see what this document says. My eyes widen when I read the document. The document says that the one who can see ghosts and can bend the elements fire and water is able to become a king. It also decribes my birth certificate and that there is no doubt that I'm a prince. I look up at the prince in front of me, who smiles while placing a hand on his shoulder. This is one fake document, I don't want to believe that this is a true document.

''N-No! This can't be...'' I stumble, while looking back at the document. How would the palace know about my abilities as an element bender? But how can I be related to the king and this prince, while none of the two can bend fire and water? How in the world is this possible? Were my parents like this? I don't know, I can't even think clear right now.

''What's wrong, Taekwoon?'' Seonghwa asks and I look at him, but words can't seem to come out of my mouth. So instead, I hand the document to Seonghwa as he gets up and takes the document from me. Byeongkwan and Joon Gi soon accompany him and it doesn't take long before the three of them look up at me with wide eyes. They are as shocked as I am, even Seonghwa's expression turns to disgust.

''See? I don't want to believe it either, it's not-'' I say and I can't even finish my sentence, as the prince breaks in and doesn't let me finish at all.

''It is... Taekwoon. I brought this document with me to convince you that it's true, nothing in this document is fake. Everyone in the palace knows about your existance, they know about you being able to see ghosts and they also know that you can bend two elements... the two that are needed to become a king. But someone has decided to let you grow up outside of those walls to protect you, that's what they told me. And... you are born as the next in line to become a king. The current king is your uncle.'' the prince says and I'm about to freak out. I don't even remember what the prince just said, because it's one big chaos in my head.

Yunho, Joon Gi, Seonghwa and Byeongkwan all manage to let a ''What?'' escape their mouths, but nothing more comes out of their mouths. I just want this prince to go away and to give me the time to let it sink in, because I am in a state of panic right now and I can't properly process this. But does that mean that those two ghosts I saw earlier are two people that I used to know? I don't even remember anything from inside the palace. I was raised outside of that place since I was just a few weeks old or something. I have never lived in the palace and I only show up there when I'm with The Night Crew.

For now, I wanna focus on the preparations for tonight. Because tonight, The Night Crew is coming again and we are going to protect the crown. No one else is allowed to rule over this kingdom, not even a demon is allowed to rule over this kingdom. I hope that prince Hakyeon won't be able to recognise me. If he finds out that I'm a member of this crew, I am doomed. So I will disguise myself even more to prevent that from happening.