15.

The Night Crew

The queen and I talk about the early days. She shares with me that my parents were people who didn't talk about a lot, they kept a lot of things for themselves. Including them hiding the fact that they could bend fire and water. Aside from their introvert characters, they were loved by the people. My biological father was a great king according to the queen, so it was a shock to everyone when he was killed along with my biological mother. But it also turns out that I was also on the list to be killed. Apparently, this guy wants to have the entire bloodline killed and that he can use the kingdom as his puppets.

''We managed to save you by making sure you would grow up on the other side of these walls, we wanted to make sure that you wouldn't fall into his hands.'' the queen explains and my eyes widen when she explains the whole story. I was next in line to be killed? Shivers run down my spine everytime I think about it, because that means that the Jung line is in serious danger. I would love to protect it, but just as a human being who is a part of The Night Crew. I don't want to be seen in any other way, not even a prince. The latter is just something I can't get used to and I'm sure that it'll take a while, maybe I will never get used to it. Who knows?

The queen takes my hand in hers and looks away from me to look at one of the guards, immediately asking him to set up a team which will protect me when I go outside. The man bows to her and leaves the room. It just doesn't stop there, because she immediately asks a maid to bring a set of clothes for me to put on. I wonder why she is asking the maid for such a thing, but we'll soon see what is going on. Then, she looks at me again and a faint smile is on her face.

''It's time we're going to announce to the public that you're back. We didn't do that at first, because we wanted to focus on your recovery first.'' the queen explains and my eyes widen after I had calmed down a little. What? Oh no, hell breaks loose now. Because as soon as it's announced to the public that the crown prince has returned, more ghosts will come this way and I definitely have a target on my back. It's something I can't turn back, but I wish I could.

In the mean time, it's announced someone is entering the room and I can see immediately who came to see us... prince Hakyeon. I still can't call him by his actual name, as it doesn't feel right for me. But I have noticed that he truly likes me and he is doing everything he can to win me over. However, I am not sure who I truly am when it comes to that part in my life. I mean, I have never dated anyone so I don't know who I truly like. I just leave that aside, because I wanna give myself some time for that.

''Mother, I think it's time to get Taekwoon changed. His clothes are ready in his room and the maids are ready to get him dressed.'' the prince says and the queen and I make eyecontact. The queen assures me that it'll be fine, but I'm worried as heck. I really don't want to go through this, but I guess I don't have a choice. I sigh as I get up and bow one last time, before I follow the prince to my room. I know the prince all too well, because I know that he will search for a moment for himself to have some time with me. But I don't know if I like him, because I have never dated anyone. However, it seems that right now is different as he isn't looking over his shoulder to make eyecontact with me.

We make our way to my room and the two guards open up the door for me and the prince. We make our way inside and we're being greeted by four maids. I feel very uncomfortable right now, I don't want to do this. But I'm being watched and every move of mine is captured, so escaping this place won't be easy. As long as I'm still a prince, I want to remain to be a part of The Night Crew. Gosh, I really want all of this to be over. I want to get rid off the darkness that is currently above this kingdom, I want to live a normal life again. Wait, I can't live the life anymore that I used to live. I hate to call my current life my actual life.

''I will wait outside for you. Once you're ready, I will bring you to my Mother and the three of us will make our way to the square. Everyone within the palace will be there.'' the prince says and shivers run down my spine, because that also means that the king will be here with this guy who is using him as his puppet. And I am the target of the latter, so I need to be careful with every single move I make. Trust me, I won't pretend that I don't see him. But I definitely won't let the king know that I can see him and whoever controls him.

The prince leaves the room and the door is closed by him. Two of the maids start to take off the top parts of my outfit. I have my eyes closed, because I feel uncomfortable when maids see my torso. I don't like it at all when people look at me when I'm half , so I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to how close the maids are right now. The other two maids are doing my hair, as they brush it and they are putting up my hair in a bun which is secured by a pin. This is the first time that I publically wear my hair up, since I usually wear my hair like this when I'm disguised as a member of The Night Crew and no one knows who I really am. But I'm sure that it'll be leaked to the public that I am in The Night Crew, it won't take long before that secret comes to light.

It feels like time flies, because the maids are done within a short amount of time. They take a few steps away from me at the time I turn around to look at them. The maids bow to me and they all smile when they look up to me. I don't feel comfortable, but I guess I should wear this from now on now that I'll be officially introduced to the kingdom as the crown prince. Ugh, I still don't want to see myself as a prince. But I guess I have no choice now. 

I turn away from them and I make my way to the door, which is being opened by the guards. The prince is waiting for me with a smile and bows aswell, before telling me I should follow him to the queen. The prince makes his way towards the queen and I simply follow him like a lost puppy. I feel very uncomfortable in this attire, but this means that I have to change for good. Well, for good? I don't even know how long I may live if the king is still out there to kill me. Oh well, we'll see how this goes. But one thing is for sure... I won't leave The Night Crew. They need me and I need them.