2.

The Night Crew

When I wake up the next morning, it's the talk of the town what happened last night. People don't know much about what happens between those palace walls, so this is definitely the talk of the town. It was a fierce battle last night, but I don't think that these ghosts will give up and surrender. They will keep destroying whoever rules over Joseon. Someone must hate the king and wants to get him killed, so that he can rule over Joseon and turn it into a ghost nation or something.

''Ya Taekwoon, why is it taking so long?'' Yunho asks and I get up immediately after hearing his voice. Was he here all this time? I quickly get dressed and I put my hair up in a ponytail. It's not usual for men like me to do that, but I prefer that. Everyone in The Night Crew knows me by this appeareance, so why should I change that? I feel on the inside that something is wrong and I can't place it right when I'm about to leave my room. Is something following me? I hope it's just a feeling I can't place, so I'll shrug it off and I make my way to the livingroom. Like I expected, Yunho is standing in the doorway with his arms crossed and rolls his eyes once he sees that I have entered the livingroom.

''Any news? You look like you have.'' I tell him and Yunho glances at me, while keeping his mouth shut. I can hear stories go back and forth about the battle from last night, people even want to know who those people were who tried to get the king back to his senses. I hope they won't find out that it's me, but I'm pretty sure that people like Byeongkwan will spill anything about it. Byeongkwan is a clumsy person, what would I expect from him? I quickly grab something to eat from the table, since my mum loves to leave something for me before she leaves, and I join Yunho. While we make our way outside, many people are looking into our direction. I feel very uncomfortable with this, so I turn my head into Yunho's direction. In response, Yunho covers my eyes and drags me with him over the market. I can hear people talking about us, but I don't wanna know their facial expressions. No one knows about my identity, about me being able to bend fire and water. I wanna keep it that way, I don't want people to think that I'm mentally unstable or something.

When the coast is clear, Yunho removes his hand from my eyes and I nod slightly as a thank you. Yunho and I are going to meet up with a new member of The Night Crew, who will join us tonight for the first time. I have no idea who this new guy is, but I'm curious who this new person is. I hope he has some skills and that he is willing to protect me, because that is the most important to become a member of this team. Ever since I joined, Yunho want the group to protect me as if I'm a special person or something. I hear some voices behind me, but I decide to ignore it. Even if it's coming from a supernatural creature, I can't give in to whatever its wishes may be. I'm not that special, I'm just someone who is an element bender.

Yunho and I make our way to a table with a bench on both sides and we take a seat, while waiting for this new member of our team. Yunho keeps looking around him and I can tell by his expressions that he is tensed. Yunho is always in his bodyguard mode, he is always keeping an eye on whatever happens around us. I take a deep breath and my eyes are resting on a couple, who seem to have the time of their lifes. They look really happy and I wish I could experience something like that.

''I'm sorry, are you Jung Taekwoon?'' a male voice asks and I look up. Next to my bench stands a man, who has his right eye covered with his hair and he has a small ponytail. His long hair is reaching his lower back and he looks very intimidating, he nearly scares the crap out of me. Is this seriously the new member of our team? I hope he isn't, I don't wanna work with someone who scares the crap out of me. I nod to answer his question and the man bows shortly after.

''It's my pleasure to meet you, my name is Lee Joon Gi and I am the new member of The Night Crew.'' the man shares as he moves his upper body up again to stand straight. Ahw man, where have I gotten myself into? Joon Gi takes a seat across from me and a small smile appears on his face. Within a short amount of time, Seonghwa and Byeongkwan appear aswell. Seonghwa takes a seat next to Joon Gi, whereas Byeongkwan and Yunho take a seat on either side of me. Byeongkwan pokes his elbow in my side, making me look into his direction.

''He is a very nice guy, I met him earlier this week already and don't let his appearance fool you. He looks intimidating, but he actually is very nice.'' Byeongkwan whispers and smiles when he looks at me. I still feel very uncomfortable with Joon Gi's presence, but it may change if I know him a bit better. Even Seonghwa nods when I look at him. So some of the members of this team have met him already? If their impression on Joon Gi is that good already, then he must a good guy then. But how dedicated to me is he? How dedicated is he to the others? How skilled is he?

''As we all know by now, Joon Gi is the new member of our team. He has served quite some time in the military, but left about 3 years ago. Joon Gi hasn't stop practicing his skills after he left, in order to use them in his advantage one day. He told me that he admires you, Taekwoon. He has developed some empathy for you and just like me, he feels like it's his right to protect you.'' Yunho announces as his gaze rests on me. Now I don't even have an idea what to think of Joon Gi, maybe he is different on the inside than his appeareance is showing. Everyone deserves a chance, so I guess I can't help but to give Joon Gi a chance to prove himself. He has a bigger advantage than all of us, so he can also help us to improve our skills aswell.

''Taekwoon is quite special, as he is the only one in Joseon to be an element bender. He is a master in bending fire and water. But keep it for yourself, because no one else in Joseon knows about this other than us.'' Seonghwa says in a soft voice and Joon Gi's eyes widen. I'm sure he is taken aback by this information, but I can prove to him tonight what I'm really up to. I can show to him that Seonghwa's story is more than true.

''What? You must be really special then. I'll be there tonight aswell, so I can see what you're really up to. You make me even more curious than I already am.'' Joon Gi sounds excited and starts to smile even brighter, which comes across as genuine. I can only nod, because I still have no idea what to think of this man. But hey, he can prove tonight how skilled he really is.