8.

The Night Crew

That night, it's time to protct some people again. My mask is slightly tighter attached compared to the others, because I might be in danger tonight. If the king discovers that I'm in The Night Crew, I'm doomed and my life is over. Even if the prince finds out that I'm a part of this team, he for sure will try to separate me from Yunho and the others.

We sit on the roof of the gate, as we look down to what happens on the square in front of the palace. There are a lot of guards protecting the square and in the middle is the king talking to a person I don't trust. From a distance, I can feel on the inside that he is an evil person and that he might have something to do with the ghosts that are attacking the king and the entire palace. I just can't place it. As if it isn't enough, I can see a lot of ghosts entering the square and some even take possession of some guards as they start to attack other guards on the square.

Seonghwa wants to participate in the fight, but Yunho holds him back from it. We need to wait for the right moment and right now, there is a lot of chaos. We need to wait until the fight is over and that will be our clue to come down and chase the ghosts away. But the question that remains in my head is how we are going to be able to fight when this guy is around. I don't know what I should do, but I don't want to let him get away with it either.

Just when I want to focus on the conversation, a female voice whispers in my ear that my life is about to be in danger. I immediately turn my head and there is a female ghost behind me, the same ghost who was there during our meal earlier tonight. Who is she and what does she want from me? I hate it that ghosts are attached to me like this.

''Taekwoon, please. I know you since you were born and I'm here to protect you. That guy right there is responsible for the possession of the king and the ghosts that are attacking the palace, he wants the king to be his puppet and wants the king to do everything he asks him to do. Now that the king has shared that you're still alive, he wants to plan with the king to get you killed. You need to die according to him, you are the sudden bump on the road. Don't trust prince Hakyeon, don't trust him when he comes near you. He may be a flirty type, he still can be considered quite dangerous.'' the female ghosts says and I look at Yunho, as I already have a plan in mind. I'll stay hidden at daytime and I'll fake my death, so that these people don't come after me anymore. 

''Who are you? You're around me all the time and I hate it, because I don't know who you are. But I'll take those words, since I wasn't trusting the prince anyways. The king threatened me earlier today and the prince made it even worse by confirming everything of it.'' I fire back at the ghost. I don't want to become a king anyways, I rather stay with The Night Crew as they are my family and not anyone within the royal family. If they truly are my family, I should've known who my parents are. And by that, I mean my parents within these walls. Who are my real parents? Who were the couple that raised me?

Seonghwa looks at me as if I was taking to myself the entire time, but I shake my head to let him know that there is a ghost among us who told me that I shouldn't trust the prince and that those within the palace want me dead since my existance has become a bump in their road. I immediately whisper to the rest of the team that we should fake my own death, so that the king and the prince will stop looking for me to get rid off me themselves. I don't want to get myself into danger with my life on the line, so we need to be one step ahead of them.

Right when the fight is over, we jump onto the square and we immediately split up as the unknown guy starts to drag the king inside the palace. Leaving us behind with the ghosts and the possessed guards. The only one remaining on his spot, is prince Hakyeon. We start to focus on the ghosts and the possessed guards and we start to fight them, killing them one by one. I start to use firebending techniques and I manage to kill even more ghosts, while killing possessed guards with my sword. I can feel the prince's eyes burn on me, but I decide not to give in and I pretend I haven't seen this. While killing guards, I make my way towards Byeongkwan as he seems to be in trouble. Yet again, I use firebending to get them killed while I quickly pay attention to Joon Gi as he is in a huge battle with a group of guards. Damn, this guy is good. His time in the military did him well, he is an amazing skilled fighter. Joon Gi fits in this team really well, I now regret that I didn't trust him at first.

Yunho and I make eyecontact and we make our way to the back of the palace, so that we can have a quick chat there. Yunho nods as a sign of me doing an incredible job and I make a quick bow into his direction. But something inside me says something is about to happen and that this situation isn't safe.

''Get the others here and let's make our way towards the garden of the palace. I have a feeling that prince Hakyeon is about to find out about me being in this team and wants to expose me.'' I exchange real quick, since there is no time for a conversation. Yunho nods and I run to the garden in the fastest way possible. Right there, most ghosts are coming into my direction. I manage to get rid off them myself, without any help. But right when I see Yunho coming towards me with the rest of the team, I feel something hitting me in the back of the head and I hit the ground immediately.

''Leo, no!'' Yunho screams as he makes his way towards me, but he is too late as I'm being dragged away. I try to stay alive and I try to stay consious, but I start to lose that battle. I am doomed for sure, someone is about to find out that I'm a part of The Night Crew. I am pretty sure that it's this unknown guy who is going to get me killed, or it's someone from the royal family who is going to get me killed. I usually don't feel any fear, but all I can say is that this female ghost was right about tonight. Someone wants me killed and it's someone from within the royal family.