3.

The Night Crew

Joon Gi is sharing a lot of himself with us, because he wants us to get a better impression of him than just his appearance showed. I can tell why people wouldn't trust him, but he actually is a great guy. I'm still amazed by the fact that he served in the military and that he gave up on it, so that he could train in order to start a new adventure. But the fact that this is his new adventure, makes me wonder why he chose us. It can't be just because of his empathy towards me, there must be another reason...

Byeongkwan pokes his elbow in my side and I look at Byeongkwan with a questioning look. Byeongkwan signs that Joon Gi has demonstrated some of his sword skills with him and Seonghwa and that both were very impressed with him. According to Byeongkwan, I should give Joon Gi a chance and even Seonghwa is glancing at me in the same way. When Yunho notices what Byeongkwan, Seonghwa and I are up to, he pokes me in my other side as he demands my attention. I turn my head into Yunho's direction and he has a slight angry look in his eyes, as if he hates it that someone else is getting my attention.

''Yunho please, Byeongkwan and Seonghwa were telling me about how skilled he is and that I should give him a chance. There is nothing going on besides that.'' I convince Yunho as Byeongkwan and Seonghwa nod to confirm my story. Yunho sighs deep, but accepts what I told him. I then turn to Joon Gi, who was surprised by Yunho stepping in.

''Don't worry, Yunho is very overprotective over me. But Byeongkwan and Seonghwa were telling me to trust you and that I have to keep an eye on you tonight to see how skilled you are. I'm not that fast convinced by just words and they know that.'' I explain to him and Joon Gi starts to chuckle when I talk about Yunho. Yunho has been this protective for as long as I can remember and he wanted me to join this team. I can't even make my own choices, as Yunho makes them for me. Yunho is always in his 'ready to fight' mode, as he never is able to relax and take a step back. I hope that Joon Gi is different from Yunho in that case and I hope that Joon Gi is able to give me some space, I also hope he will be able to let me make my own choices.

Shivers run down my spine when I hear voices coming from behind, but I try not to look. I have heard these voices before and they belong to some ghosts, but they have been following me since I joined the team. I don't know who they might be, but I don't wanna know either. I have told Yunho about this, but he can't see them. Yunho blames it on the amount of ghosts we have to fight against. 

''One more thing Joon Gi... Don't be surprised if I look behind me or if I look around as if I hear voices, because I can see some ghosts that are around me ever since I joined this team. I don't know if it's because of my whole presence or if there is another reason behind it, I don't know. But I hear them around me all the time. And right now, they are here too and they are behind me.'' I mention when I make eyecontact with Joon Gi, who seems to understand the whole situation. Yunho doesn't think that the voices that I hear are real. Oh well, I just wanna pretend I don't hear them at all. 

Just when we wanna continue with our meeting, an entire army rushes to our and surrounds our table. Someone must've send them to make sure we can't escape, but do they know who we are? We aren't even recognisable when we fight against the ghosts, so there is no way that they discovered our true identities. But oh well, let's see what they want. Yunho gets up and it's then that one of the men, apparently the leader of the pack, steps forward and immediately looks at me. I slowly raise my head to make eyecontact with him, but I don't show any emotion. I don't really do that among people I don't like at all or who come across to me as not so friendly.

''Gentlemen, pull that young man away from the rest. Apparently, the royal family lied about their family tree.'' he says and two guards pull me from the bench, as they tighten their grip on my arms. I try to break free, with no result. Yunho, Joon Gi, Seonghwa and Byeongkwan get up, as they want to refuse to accept that these guards take me with them. But I don't understand what they mean, the king lied about what? How can he lie about his family and whoever is a part of the family?

''No please, leave me alone. You don't understand! I am in nothing related to the king or anyone else of his household. Please, leave me alone. I don't have anything to do with them.'' I start to panic and I keep trying to break free from the strong grip on both of my arms. I don't understand where all of this is about, but this is one big misunderstanding. I don't know who spread these lies, but this is all a misunderstanding. Yet again, my attempts of breaking free turns into a failure. 

Yunho steps forward and asks what this is about. He looks at every guard that has surrendered us with angry eyes and demands them to let me go, while leaving us alone. None of the guards seem to respond and I can only feel the grip tighten on my arms. I scream Yunho's name, while trying to tell him that demanding to let me go didn't work at all. The guards don't even say a word and drag me with them, while I'm screaming to the guards to let me go. No way that I will be locked up between those four walls. Yunho and the others need me, so I can't let them down.

While we make our way through the market yet again, people are looking at me with a confused look. Some even ask to each other what is going on here, because I am innocent and I have done nothing wrong in the eyes of the people. And those that stand in the way, are being pushed to the side with such a force that you can hear them scream in pain. I still haven't given up on screaming for help, but I get hit by one of the guards everytime I scream. I start to feel dizzy because of the many times I have been hit by the guards, but I need to keep myself together. I can't pass out, that's not in my nature.

''You can stop there, we will take him over from here. You have done well.'' a strange voice says from out of the blue. I look up and there is a guard standing in front of me, his uniform is blue whereas the uniform of the guards is red. I immediately turn my head away as the guards hand me over to the guard in front of me. I don't wanna know how it looks like at daytime, I don't wanna know anything about the king and his family. I don't wanna hear that I might be a part of his family. The guard pulls me with him and I look at the floor, as I'm completely exhausted from the torture I went through on my way here. These guards have a lot of power for sure, but I am more powerful than they will ever be.