4.

The Night Crew

Once we arrive at the throne, the guard throws me on the floor and I get up on my hands and knees. I decide not to look up to the king unless he orders me to. This is the first time that I'm inside the palace, but not for the reason why I want to be here. 

''This is the young man you talked about, this is Jung Taekwoon.'' the guard says, before bowing to the king and leaving the room. All I think about is Yunho and the rest of the team and I am seriously worried about them, because I don't know what is going to happen to them. I really wanna leave already, but I can only leave when I am ordered to do so.

''So you are the one whose name was mentioned so many times, huh? You are Jung Taekwoon?'' the king asks and demands me to look up in the mean time. I indeed look up and I nod first, before I start to speak since the king asked me a question.

''Yes, my King.'' I respond without wasting too many words on answering the question. The king makes his way back to the throne and takes a seat, eyes still resting on me. I feel very uncomfortable right now, but I can't express that to someone like the king. I just can't do that, I need to hold myself together. I need to get out of here as soon as possible, because I need to join the others again. I hope that the king doesn't know about me being a member of The Night Crew, because I am doomed once it comes to surface that I'm a part of that team.

''According to the ministers, I lied about the family tree. As if I would know that you would be related to me. Oh well, it's a pleasure to meet you anyways.'' the king continues and I can tell that he is possessed, because he would never speak like this. I keep my head up and I look with no expression shown on my face at the king. The fact that he and his family are haunted by ghosts hasn't left my mind the entire time, but I have to keep thinking about it due to my position in The Night Crew. He also can't know about me being able to see ghosts. If I have to lie to protect myself, I'll do whatever it takes. I hope that the king is more genuine the next time I'll meet him again.

''It came as a complete shock to me aswell when the guards told me that you apparently had lied about your family, but I was living a great life outside of these walls. If it turns out to be true that I'm related to you, I don't think I'll be able to live within these walls.'' I backfire immediately, because I am not pleased with the way I was taken to this place. I need to train with the other guys, I need to show Joon Gi how well trained I am and how I truly am the most special member of the team. The king looks at me with angry eyes, but keeps his mouth shut. I know that a king never likes it when someone speaks to them in a certain way, but I don't care about that. I only wanna leave, so I have to do whatever it takes to leave. I don't care that the king might think very bad about me, I just wanna go home.

''Really? Then why did you lie on your turn about your life? Why didn't you tell me that you are my cousin? Why didn't you tell me that you're a prince yourself?'' the king keeps firing at me and my eyes widen when our eyes lock. What? I'm a prince? Is he lying? I'm not going to believe those words. Besides, it's just rumors and they haven't spread through the country just yet. So I am good for now and I hope that no one will find out about the rumors. It people believe those rumors, I am forced to only show up at night.

''Excuse me? Why would I lie about that? I'm not a prince, my king. I was born and raised outside these walls, I never have been exposed to this lifestyle and I don't even want to. I have found my happiness outside of these walls and I don't want to be a burden here. I'm not a prince, my king. I seriously am not a prince.'' frustration is making itself noticed through my voice and I get up from the floor. The king still looks unbothered by it and also doesn't say a word. In the mean time, some guards enter the room as they stand behind me. If I have to fight against these guards, I will gladly do so. But I don't think I'm able to hide the fact that I can bend fire and water.

''Lead him out, I don't wanna be around him anymore... the liar.'' the king demands with a raised voice and I bow one more time, before I turn and I walk past the guards as I make my way outside. The guards are following me to make sure I do leave as the king ordered, but why would I stay here anyways? As I make my way outside, people are glaring at me and I hear them talk about me. But they repeat the words the king said to me, even they believe that I'm related to the king and that I am indeed a prince. I shrug it off and I make my way out of the palace, where Yunho and the others are waiting for me. Right when I make my way through the gates, the guards close the gate with quite a lot of power and a loud bang is heard. I look over my shoulder to the closed gate for a second, before turning back at Yunho. Yunho is very concerned and it shows, but I'm glad that they are here.

''Are you okay? Did the king do anything to you?'' Seonghwa asks as he wraps his arms around me for a quick hug. I look at him when he lets go and I can see a concerning look in the eyes of Seonghwa. Is everyone here that worried about me? There's no way that I was gone for that long right? I shake my head as a response, I just can't speak as I'm overwhelmed by the accusations that the king threw at me. How dare he accuse me of lying about my life? I told him the truth, I never have lied to anyone!

''Well.. I think I am okay. I-It's just...'' I zone out completely as a lot shoots through my head immediately. Yunho grabs my arm and tells me that we're leaving the place, because he hates it to see me like this. The meeting with the king hasn't done me well, but he decided to throw accusations at me. Joon Gi quickly accompanies me on my other arm, as Seonghwa and Byeongkwan are behind me. By Yunho's grip, I can tell that he is very worried about me. He always has been, as long as I can remember. I hope that I'm able to explain to the team what happened between those walls and this was definitely the last time that I will ever be inside those walls if it's not for chasing ghosts.