12.

The Night Crew

At night, I have a hard time to sleep. A lot happened and I have a hard to process what I have heard. The queen and the prince kept confirming that I'm a part of the family and they also revealed that I was in a coma for an entire month after I was severly injured by the king himself. I know by now that he was under a spell when he did this, there is no way a king would hurt a citizen of his kingdom like this if he wasn't under a spell. But something else I still can't process, is the prince kissing me. I still can't understand why he had to kiss me, because I don't feel anything for him.

I look up at the ceiling and I feel anger boiling up. How dared the king to stab me? I think the guy who held me in hostage is behind this and told the king to kill me, but how can I stop him from practicing this dark magic? How can I stop the ghosts? There must be a way to do so, because I'm not planning to give in to whatever this guy wants from me. I am not going to let myself killed, just because someone wants this throne so badly. I never will call myself a part of this family, because I am used to live a life in which I do everything myself. I don't wanna live here, I don't want to let the maids do everything for me. And also... I need to give up my position in The Night Crew.

I hear some noises that I feel threatened by. It sounds like ghosts are near me, but I also hear some disturbing noises outside. It sounds like as if some people are fighting and the screams that I hear are quite disturbing. It sounds like people are being posessed while killing others and I hate hearing those noises. I don't remember much of my childhood, but I know that my parents are no longer alive. My biological parents are no longer alive, but I wanna keep the couple that raised me alive and I will always see them as my parents no matter what anyone says. I get started by a few maids who rush into my room while they are crying quite loud, making me sit up immediately as I look into their direction.

''Your Majesty is killing people again and he keeps screaming that he wants to kill you.'' one of the maids says as they all make their way to me. They hide in a corner behind me, while they all start to scream in fear. My head is turning to the door and I keep an eye on the door, waiting for a silhouette to appear. I don't care whoever will show up, I'm ready to attack. Whoever dares to disturb my sleep is a dead man, even though I didn't really sleep just yet. All I can think right now is: Come to me, I'm ready to show you that you can't mess with me.

Just a few seconds later, a silhouette appears in front of the door and the maids start to scream. I hiss at them when I exchange a look with them, before I look back at the door. By the silhouette, I can tell that it's a royal and it looks too tall to be a prince. This must be the king, there is no other option available. I'm not even thinking about the pain in my body, as adrenaline shoots through my veins. The door opens and like I predicted, the king steps inside. His eyes are pitch black and he is holding his bloody sword in his hand, but he is being accompanied by some black clouds... the ghosts that probably has possessed him. The king slowly comes towards me and I'm not moving at all, I simply can't because of my injuries... the injuries that he had caused a while ago.

''So you're going to finish the job huh? Sad that I survived right?'' I ask as I smirk when the king takes slow steps when he comes to me. The blank expression remains on his face as the grip on the sword becomes tighter. I don't have to rely on Yunho and the others, this is a personal matter now. Meanwhile, the maids start to scream louder every step the king takes. I remain calm under this situation, because I know how to defend myself. I am able to use fire and yet not giving him too much pain. Because there are no candles lit, I have to create fire myself. The king starts to growl and raises the sword right when he stands in front of me, causing the maids to scream even more. But right when the king lowers the sword with force, I create fire and I push the king away with my firebending. This is one of the little things I can do, since I'm not able to rely too much on my body.

The maids gasp instead of screaming when I hit the king with the fire I created. I don't know why they gasped, but maybe they haven't seen a firebender before. It makes sense, since my parents probably were the last in their kind before I was born. I still don't know much about who my biological parents are, but maybe the queen is able to tell me about it soon. The king growls and aproaches me yet again, but he fails one more time as I continue to keep him away from me with my firebending. At that moment, Yunho bursts into the room with the rest of the team. Which is much to my relief.

Joon Gi rushes to me immediately and asks me if I'm okay, to which I nod. The king hasn't hurt me yet, but I don't accept the attempts he has done so far and I'm already in a weak position. The fact that the king is constantly trying to attack isn't helping me to recover. I look over my shoulder to the maids, who are still in the corner of the room as they are holding each other tight. I exchange a look with them, which says that they don't have to worry and that The Night Crew will help us.

''Has the king hurt you?'' Joon Gi asks and I shake my head, as he lets go of me to examine me from head to toe. Shivers run down my spine when I feel the presence of those same ghosts that were with me earlier and they are whispering to me that I should leave this room, that it's not save to stay in the palace.

''Can I help it that I have to stay here? Where were you last month huh? Were you here when I was in this coma caused by the king? I don't think you were!'' I scold at the ghosts when I look over my other shoulder to see the three women behind me. Seonghwa is accompanying me and his compass shows that the three ghosts are indeed in the direction where I'm talking to.

''Taekwoon, sweetie. We were here, we were here with you all this time. We have been keeping an eye on you all this time.'' one of them tries to save the situation, but I just sigh and I turn my head away again. I still don't like their presence around me, but there is nothing I can do now.

''Guys, can you guys just take me away from here? I don't feel comfortable with the king near me.'' I ask as I look at Seonghwa and Joon Gi, who start to nod and Seonghwa hides his compass before he helps Joon Gi to pick me up. Seonghwa helps me to get on Joon Gi's back, who later carries me out of the room. Yunho and Byeongkwan follow shortly after, but they have made sure that the king can't move any further from his spot.