Caught

Minatozaki: The Untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A knock on the door was heard, interrupting Nana's moment of reading.





 

She stood and approached the door, without any hesitation, she opened it and revealed her twin sister, Sasha, who's smiling at her before she gets inside.







 

"Were you busy?" Sasha asks, flashing her apologetic smile





 

"Not really" Nana lied, she sat on the edge of her bed and took the book, while Sasha sat on a swivel chair near the study table. "Did you just get home?" Nana looked up, noticing Sasha's still wet hair.






 

"Yeah, just went at the cafe with them" Sasha answered, looking at the books scattered above the table.






 

"And Dahyun?" Nana added, and that got Sasha look up, she looks surprised.





 

"Yeah" Sasha nodded her head and averted her gaze. "But she didn't stayed long since she had to go to the club"








 

"I see…" Nana could only look at her twin sister who was distracted by the books and papers.








 

There was envy and jealousy. That feeling everytime Sasha talks about going out with their friends, the thing that Nana couldn't do.







 

Nana shook her head, not wanting to let the thoughts run through her head, she tried to read the book once again, while Sasha starts talking about her day,








 

But Nana seems to have a hard time focusing as she failed to avoid the thoughts in her head. Then a flashback pops in. 







 

That time she spent her time with Tzuyu after a long time of not spending together.







 

[Flashback]



 

"It's good to be here again. I thought you forgot about me" A small smile flashed on Tzuyu's face as she gets inside Nana's bedroom, looking around as if trying to see if something changed.








 

"I'm sorry. It was just Father was here for few weeks and we were busy" Nana explained.






 

Then there was a moment of silence. The thing they're used to when they're together. Just reading and talking when there's something interesting.










 

"Where's Sasha?" Tzuyu asks, just wanted to start another conversation.




 

"Out with her friends…" She didn't know why her voice sound low when she said that, maybe she failed to hide the envy.







 

"You must've missed going out, yeah?" Tzuyu carefully asks as she looked at Nana. The Japanese girl decided to not look back and just focus on her book. She doesn't want Tzuyu to see how she's right about it and how she wanted to go out again.








 

"Yes…" She simply answered. There was no response, and the silence was so defeaning. She's guessing the maybe Tzuyu's expecting her to talk more, so she looked up and met Tzuyu's gaze. "Do you...think that if we weren't just twins, will I be able to go out freely?"







 

She doesn't really know why she's suddenly opening up. Maybe because it's been weeks since she saw Tzuyu, and Tzuyu was the only person she could talk freely about her thoughts and problems. And maybe the feelings she's been hiding was eating her alive and was getting heavier that she had to let it out before she can't hold it anymore.






 

There was a slight frown on Tzuyu's face, thinking. Then she looked up, "Yes, probably, because you don't have to hide and feel like you're someone that has to be hidden out of the public."










 

Nana bit her lip, hesitating to continue. But then, maybe this is the only time she could talk freely about it. And she needed someone to listen. Someone who wouldn't judge and question her. And so she asks again, "Do you think...that if Sasha was tge older one, will I be the one who can freely go out? And not the one who was obligated to take all the responsibilities?"








 

Tzuyu stared at her for a moment, and then tilted her head slightly to read her. "Do you think you were chosen to be the next alpha because you're the oldest?" Tzuyu asks.





 

And that got Nana stop for a second. Was that really the reason why?








 

"What do you think?" Nana asks, curious about Tzuyu's thought about it.









 

Tzuyu leaned her back against the vhair and crossed her arms, she pursed her lips, "I think you were the chosen one because you parents thinks you're more capable of becoming the next alpha…" she answered.







 

"How would they know? I was hidden away from the public. How would they know I am capable of taking that position?" She asks. 






 

"I think you're underestimating yourself, Nana" Tzuyu stated, "You must've not realized how smart and brave you are. You are a Minatozaki afterall, It runs in your blood"







 

"But I don't want it…" Tzuyu went silent. "I didn't have a choice in the first place. And if I had, I would refuse to be the next alpha. I...I didn't choose to be like this…" Nana was feeling heavy, averting her gaze and looks down to hid the tears forming in her eyes. "I don't want to…"







 

She do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter