To Accept or To Refuse

Minatozaki: The Untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun was playing the piano, although Gahyeon, who is her partner for the Talent Show haven't yet arrived, she decided to practice the song on her own, but she wasn't alone in the Music Room either, her best friend Chaeyoung decided to join her as she was too, needed to finish her artwork.


 

And then Chaeyoung broke the silence. "I saw the news this morning, Kim Taehyung's having a celebration for their successful opening of their new branch?" She asked without looking at Dahyun. She knows that Dahyun would also avoid her gaze.



 

Dahyun stopped from pressing the piano keys and stared at the piano. "It's all over the news" Dahyun answered.



 

"I guess you were invited?" Chaeyoung carefully asked.




 

"And I obviously declined. I don't wanna add another fuel to the fire even though it's us who's trying to avoid them, yet they're still trying to chase as back, I don't want their pity s, nor we're not a Charity case" Dahyun confessed, jaw clenching just by the thought of them.


 

Chaeyoung stole a glance at Dahyun but she noticed that Dahyun was sitting properly, stiff. "And your mother? What did she feel?" Chaeyoung wanted to ask, despite of Dahyun not wanting to show what's her feelings and thoughts, she knows that Dahyun also wants someone to open up to.




 

"She was...sad, but that was for the best, we both know that going there would cause trouble, if not, She would be going home crying again. And I don't want that" It was firm, Dahyun despises the people there. She even despise the fact that she has the bloodline of her Father. It's disgusting. "You know how good Mr.Kim manipulates people, especially my Mother" Dahyun added.


 

Chaeyoung nodded despite knowing that Dahyun wouldn't see that. "I understand. You already forgave them for like a couple of times, they don't deserve it anymore" she stated and she heard Dahyun sighing.


 

"I know, and we don't need them" she scoffed. "They should know that already"





 

"But do you hate your brother too?" Chaeyoung was hesitant to ask, but none the less asked. Kim Taehyung was nice or was he just acting up? Chaeyoung doesn't really know. She rarely sees him.







 

"I hate him" Dahyun answered. "I hate him for being silent about the situation of our family. I hate him for not doing anything" and she took a deep breathe. 



 

Kim Taehyung and Dahyun was a great combination of siblings. The younger selves of them were goofy and playful. They adore each other, Taehyung's a protector of Dahyun when they were young, and Dahyun sees Taehyung as a Role Model, but as they grow up, things changes, and Taehyung changed, and then added the fact that their family was ruined after Taehyung's mother came back…

 

They were inseparable, but he changed and so what they had, changed..



 

-------------------------


 

"Why are you standing here alone when this celebration's all for you" Mrs. Kim approached her one and only son, Kim Taehyung who was standing on the corner with a wine on hand.

 

Taehyung flashed a smile. "I'm enjoying just being here, Mom" Taehyung spoke with such formality.
 

But Mrs.Kim doesn't believe him. "If you're still thinking about your half sister and that Mother of hers, you shouldn't care much about them. They're not part of your success---"
 

"Mom, please" Taehyung interrupted her, but he knows that her Mother would never like him for interrupting.
 

"They don't care about you anymore. Can't you see? They even rejected the invitation. You shouldn't care about those low status people" And Taehyung could only look away, eyes were hurt at the bitter truth. "At the end of the day, they would never be part of our family" 




 

Taehyung could only tighten his grip on his glass of wine, mouth shutting up as he has no power to talk back, after all, She is his Mother.


 

"You need to loosen up and enjoy the celebration. Come here, I'm going to introduce you to our new Investor. He wanted to meet you, they would love to talk to you" and so he let his Mother pull him towards the people with high status. "Mr. and Mrs.Minatozaki wanted to know the Young heir of Kim Industry"


 

Taehyung could only took a deep breathe and flash a smile that didn't reach his eyes, chin up and show confidence. That's what his Mother thought.

 

But deep down, he only wanted to lock himself in his room, alone and free from everything.


 

---------------

 

It is Dahyun's second time to be in Minatozaki's place, it was still new for her, and knowing that this family has a secret to keep, she needed to be more extra careful, but her worries lessened, knowing that Momo and Sasha's present.






 

And here Dahyun was, in Nana's room with Momo and Nana, while Sasha's changing her clothes after a long day of their classes.
 

Dahyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter