Closing her past chapter

Mount Halla

 

Bunny hit the kerb twice, and kept apologising to kyuhyun. Luckily Kyuhyun's jeep was a 4WD, so it was not dented at all.

Bunny had passed her theory lessons, and now starting her practical lessons, and kyuhyun was letting her drive after she attended 2 lessons on basic driving technique.

"Bunny, you need to gauge using half-car-door, to start turning. You can't use half-car-body, it will be too late as you are already quite close to the kerb" Kyuhyun pointed to her the kerb distance.

"I'm sorry....., I got confused. Can I try again?..." she asked apologetically.

Kyuhyun smile "Of course" and pinched her nose. "Ok, reverse again" he used his thumb to point backwards.

He has been using half-door and half-car-body as a cue for her to start turning. For example, for a small T-junction pathway, use the half-door guide so that she wouldn't go over the kerb ahead, and for open carparks, she should use the half-car-body guide to exit from her car park lot, without hitting the next car.

Bunny was thankful that Kyuhyun spared some of his limited free time to guide her, so that she was more familiar during her practical lessons.

Kyuhyun would plan what to guide her and plan what to teach her on some important road rules for her to remember as and when he got the time. He was doing this planning during his lunch break in the hospital, when Dr Yoo joined him.

"Heyyy, what are you doing?" Dr Yoo patted Kyuhyun's shoulder before sitting down and placed his food tray on the table.

"Planning which road to guide her this Saturday when I become her instructor for her driving" Kyuhyun smile and resumed his lunch.

"I really admire you, man!! Really takes care of your fiance in all aspects!!" Yoon Seok praised him.

Kyuhyun laughed "You would do the same if you were in my position".

"I don't know, maybe if I found someone drowning, I would save her, give her 1st aid all that, but I would hand her over to the authorities" Yoon Seok shrugged his shoulders.

"I thought of that a few times, to be honest, but somehow I want to protect her, and I want to ensure that she is safe. She couldn't even remember a single thing, you know, yet she is so special, she never waste things and she could always think of doing something useful out of some small things" Kyuhyun smile, recalling all the things that Bunny did.

"And that's part of the reason that attracts you and make you fell in love with her..." he teased Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun chuckled "Probably. I just know that I want her to be by my side forever and that I've already so deeply in love with her".

"Yet you never take advantage of her..." Yoon Seok sipped his coffee. 

"You mean sleep with her?" Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, you know, you two are staying together and love each other.... I'm sure you are tempted once in a while..." Yoon Seok .

Kyuhyun smile "I would be lying if I say that  I never had that feelings. But I'm still an old fashion guy. I want our first night to be memorable, so I'll wait" Kyuhyun smile. "Anyway, Bunny is still innocent in this aspect, eventhough she had a boyfriend once, so I let it be and I respect her. I want her to take her time to love me as what I am, not because she owe her life to me, and that's part of the reason I didn't want to take advantage of her". 

"You mean if you sleep with her, she will not decline because she feels that she owe her life to you? That's why you are not taking advantage of that?" Yoon Seok asked. 

"Yes" Kyuhyun nodded. "Anyway, our wedding is in a month's time. No hurry, I will wait" Kyuhyun smile happily. 

"That's why I said I admire you!!" Yoon Seok laughed and they got up to return their tray and walked back to the wards. 

It was a clear day when they set out after breakfast on a Saturday. Bunny was behind the wheel and Kyuhyun has been guiding and showing  her the road rules along the way to familiar herself. 

He guided her to drive towards the less busier road around the end of the trail, near Byeongmuncheon stream. It was easier to drive around here so that she could drive slower and practise her parallel parking, 3-point-turn, U-turn and changing of lane. 

"OKay let's try your parallel parking again, and after that you can drive towards the bridge and then practise your U-turn" Kyuhyun told her. 

"Okayyyy!" Bunny said happily. "Can we also do the side road stop? My instructor said that I never observe the rear view mirror correctly before I stop". 

"Hmmm, ok, maybe later when you drive towards the bridge, you can do the side road stop, then you can make a U-turn" Kyuhyun smile. "Let's do the parallel parking first? You can do it there"  Kyuhyun pointed at the side road ahead. 

Bunny nodded and started the procedures on how to do a parallel parking as what she was thought by her instructor. Kyuhyun waited patiently and told her that she has to complete within 3 minutes. 

And Bunny did it! This time she managed to complete the parallel parking within 2 minutes! She was so happy that she hugged Kyuhyun and shouted happily.

"Good! Ok let's drive on, remember to look at your side mirror and rear mirror first" Kyuhyun reminded her. 

Bunny drove after ensuring that she has 'exited' safely, and onto the bridge. However, she suddenly recalled the motorbike dragging her and her subsequent jumping. She pressed the brake and covered her face.

"Bunny!" Kyuhyun grabbed her hands to uncover her face "You have to get over your trauma. I purposely planned to use these route so that you can drive through without recalling your trauma. Put those behind you, those are your past life. You have a new life now so close that chapter and move on" Kyuhyun unbuckled both their seat belts and pulled her into a hug when she started sobbing.

"I know, it's just that I suddenly recalled that scene and how I jumped down from here" Bunny sobbed in Kyuhyun's arms.

"I'm sorry for putting you through these but I really want you to move on and overcome your trauma. Tell yourself that you've survived all that and you are ready to put these behind you...." Kyuhyun soothed her hair lovingly.

Bunny nodded "You are right, Kyu. I must move on and close that chapter..." she slowly moved out from Kyuhyun's embrace, and wipe her face with her hand. 

Kyuhyun passed a tissue to her, and said "Treat this place as your new beginning, that, because of this place, you were found by me, and you start your new life. Don't think of the bad things anymore, okay, my dearest Lee Sungmin?"

Bunny giggled "Kyu, call me Bunny. I like the way you call me, so stick to it..." 

Kyuhyun laughed "We will be married using your real name, so I must practice calling you Sungmin" he soothed the side of her hair. 

Bunny smile "I still want you to call me Bunny. Halmeoni and you are the only two dearest people in this World to me, and that's all I need. She was my past, and you are my present...."

Kyuhyun leaned over and gently turned her face and kisses her. "I love you Bunny, always and forever" and kisses her forehead. "Let's get back to your driving, shall we?" he smile teasingly. 

Bunny chuckled and put on her seat belt. "Okay, practice resume!" she said with confidence. 

Indeed, she should put her past behind her and treat this place as her new beginning, just like what Kyuhyun had said. This place was where it all began. She was saved by Kyuhyun due to this place. She would be Kyuhyun's wife soon, due to this place too. 

This place was truly her new beginning! She smile and continued driving through the bridge with confidence and without anymore trauma. She determined to close the chapter forever.