Han River

Mount Halla

 

It turned out that Sungjin really had met Kyuhyun before!! 

"Remember noona, I ever told you about our guide who was so handsome that the girls, including my form teacher, were all crazy about him?" Sungjin trying to get his noona to remember.

Sungmin remembered vaguely about having that conversation "I can only remember bits and pieces. Ohh but wow, all along the guide that you were referring to, was Kyuhyun?"

After Sungmin had introduced him to Sungjin, Kyuhyun turned to him "Hmmm, I think I remember you all. Your group was the one singing all the way up!! And your teacher sprained her ankle and I applied some medication and bandaged her leg but she still couldn't walk all the way down. So I piggy-backed her and checked her injury again once we were at the base. Luckily it wasn't swelling so badly" Kyuhyun said, recalling a high school student group from Ilsan few years back. 

"She was only faking it you know! She talked about her trill of being piggy-backed by you countless time and even wanted to arrange another trip! But it didn't happened until we graduated haha. So noona, you were at the trail too?"

"No, your noona here got better treatment! I carried her bridal style, gave mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, treated her wounds, wiped her, changed her clothings....." Kyuhyun laughed, when Bunny reached over to close his mouth. "It's the truth, Bunny! You got better treatment than the rest!!" Kyuhyun continued laughing, after removing her hand. 

Sungmin playfully glared at him and told Sungjin what happened. 

Sungjin listened with lots of expressions, like "OMG!"... "Ohh he is a qualified doctor..." and "wow really?!!!..." and "Ohhh...."..

"And they are getting married!!" Mrs Lee told Sungjin happily. 

"Wow!! Congratulations!! Noona, you got Mr Perfect this time!! To be honest, I was praying hard for you and Kangin-hyung not to be together! He was really good for nothing!" 

"Yes, I will object 100% if it was that Kangin guy!" Mr Lee chipped in. 

"I was really naive that time. But Kyuhyun showed me what true love is all about. I learn a lot from him and I really really love him" Sungmin said honestly, earning a hug from Kyuhyun.

"Anyway Sungjin, after our wedding, anytime when you are having a break, come over to Jeju and stay with us. We can go hiking together!" Kyuhyun said to Sungjin. 

"On!!!" Sungjin said happily. 

"I want to go too!!" Mr Lee said, putting up his hand, earning laughter from everyone. 

"Let's go hiking together! Bunny can join us provided she's not pregnant at that time!" Kyuhyun said and burst out laughing when Bunny pinched him. 

They stayed for dinner with the Lees, and Sungjin jokingly told Kyuhyun and Sungmin that in their next high school reunion, he would definitely tell his ex-teacher that the handsome guide who had piggybacked her, was no longer available because he would be marrying his sister!! 

Everyone laughed at that, and Sungmin continued talking about her life in Jeju after Kyuhyun had rescued her, about her fishball booth and even about their small garden. 

Before they left, Sungmin reminded her family again to come for their wedding, hugged them and bid them goodbye. 

In the car, Kyuhyun said "Let's go to Han River? It's been ages since I've been there"

Bunny nodded happily since it has been ages for her too. The disadvantage of staying with halmeoni was that it was too far from the city but she loved it there nonetheless. It was peaceful and she knew almost everyone along the streets and she has halmeoni to take care of.

Han River is as amazing as ever. It is one of the longest rivers in Korean Peninsula that runs through three provinces, Gangwon-do, Chungcheongbuk-do, Gyeonggi-do, and through Seoul.
 
There are 11 Hangang Parks along Han River for Seoul's residents to chill out. It provides a calm peacefulness away from the city daily busyness and fast pace life. 

Kyuhyun drove to Yeouido
Hangang Park. Even at this night time, there were still a number of people cycling along the park. 

"Have you been here, Kyu, in this park?" Bunny asked him while breathing in the fresh air. They walked down hand in hand, from the car park. 

"Yes, I came here with a girl, years ago...." Kyuhyun said simply. 

"Ohhh, you must have like that girl...." Bunny was, trying to hide her surprise. 

"Yes, I do like her..." Kyuhyun smile. 

"Wow, lucky girl..." 

"Hmm hmmm...." 

"Do you still keep in touch with her... ? 

"Yes, I do"

"Ohhhh... Errr.. Did you tell her that you are getting married?" 

Kyuhyun smile naughtily "Yes I told her and she's happy for me, in her own way" 

"Do... you.... still like her?"

"Of course... I still like her... no matter what... she still very dear to me..." 

By now Bunny felt like crying. She thought Kyuhyun still loved his first love and Bunny was just a replacement. 

"You love me more or you love her more...?" Bunny said, hiding her sobbing. 

Kyuhyun chuckled, and then laughed when he stopped and turned Bunny around to face him. 

"Bunny, don't tell me that you are jealous? OhmyGod, Bunny, why are you jealous if you didn't even know who that girl is?" 

"She's your first love?" she said with tears flowing down. 

Kyuhyun wiped her tears using his thumb. "Silly girl, why are you crying" Kyuhyun said and led them to sit on a bench with back rest. He put his arm around Bunny and smilingly use his finger to turn her head towards him "My heart only belongs to you, beating for you and loves you. There are no one else" he said, wiping her tears. He kissed her briefly and hugged her. 

Letting her go, he said "The girl I was referring to is Ahra noona. I came here with her because I needed her opinion on how to tell my parents that I wanted to stay in Jeju and be a hiking guide. I know my parents would be disappointed because they expected me to be a doctor here, so what Ahra noona told me made me realised that she really loves and care for me, despite her nagging and scolding me". 

"Really? You were referring to Ahra eonnie?" 

"Yes..." Kyuhyun said, smiling and soothing her hair. 

"What did she told you then...?" 

"She scolded me at first, but after listening to my reasons, she told me to go with my heart and choose what will make me happy. Our parents would always want the best for us, but they also want us to be happy" 

Kyuhyun continued "So after that heart to heart talk, we went home, and I broke the news to my parents, and Ahra noona backed me up to say that I could always be a doctor while doing my hiking duty, and eventually my parents gave their blessings and I packed up and go back to our villa in Jeju". 

Bunny smile and hide her face on Kyuhyun's chest "I'm sorry for thinking that you loved another girl" Bunny said and Kyuhyun hugged her tighter. After a while, Bunny moved out of their embrace "I know Ahra eonnie loves you in her own way. I could see from her eyes how she adore you, her younger brother. I don't think so she mean it if she scolded you"

"I know. And we really do keep in touch. I text her whenever I can and she would call me if she needed to ask about something. So all along she knew about you, and when I told her that I proposed to you, she couldn't wait to meet you!!" Kyuhyun smile at her and lean forward to kiss Bunny again.

"For a moment I really thought that it was your first love and I admit that I was jealous and was sad" Bunny hide her face again, earning a laughter from Kyuhyun.

"So now, are you convince that you are the only one that I have and love you with all my heart?"

Bunny smile and nodded and hide her face again.

"Eversince you came into my life, I never thought that I will fell in love with you. Maybe it was all fated and meant to be.  Countless times, I thought whether I should send you to a hospital and reported that I found someone drowning, but I was very reluctant to let you go. So now I know, we are meant to be together. God brings you to me and have you implant in my heart.."

"But I troubled you and have been a burden to you...." 

Kyuhyun kissed her to stop her from continuing "You are not a burden to me... in fact you thought me a lot of things... to always use what we have, never waste away anything, to try and try until we succeed, and to think out of the box..." Kyuhyun smile again and traced her face with his finger. "I love you Bunny, with all my heart" 

"I love you too, Kyu, with all my heart! You are my saviour, my hero, my doctor, my everything!" Bunny smile sweetly at him, earning another kiss from him. 

They walked hand-in-hand along the river and when it was getting too cold, the practically ran back to the car, laughing and once they reached the car, they scrambled in and quickly switched on the heater! 

Bunny said after her hand was warmer "Thank you for suggesting to come here. I'm really glad that we have that talk..." 

"And cleared all your jealousy!" 

"I wasn't really jealous, just sad..." 

"Admit it, you were jealous..." Kyuhyun . 

"I wasn't...." 

"Yes you were...." 

"Ok ok I was! Happy? Can we go back to our hotel now...?" Bunny leaned back and folded her arms. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Okay now you are angry. I will kiss you later to eliminate that anger... " 

Bunny looked out the window and refused to look at Kyuhyun... 

​​​​​​