Annoyed

Mount Halla

 

Sungmin's right ankle started to trob and she was grimacing in pain. She used her hand to soothe it and to check if there was any blood.

She was talking to herself that she was thankful there wasn't any blood, when suddenly she heard a voice!

"Kyu? Ohmygod, was that Kyu?" she said with hopeful alert. She kept quiet to listen again.

"Bunny..... "

"Oh yes, it's Kyu!" she said excitedly. "Kyu!!!! I'm here...." she called out as loud as she could. She wasn't sure if he could hear her, so she called out his name again "Kyu!!! I'm here, help me....!" 

Because of the light from his torchlight, some bats started flying around and created some noise around him. He thought he heard Bunny's voice, but the bats were making too much flipping noise. 

"Bunny..." he called out again, hoping to hear Bunny's response. 

"Kyu...." 

He heard it!!! He was sure it was Bunny's voice this time! 

"Bunny where are you? Keep talking so that I can follow your voice!" 

"Kyu, I don't know exactly where I am, but I'm here, on the ground" Bunny said as loudly as she could. She heard an owl near here, so she shouted again "Kyu, can you hear the owl?" 

Kyuhyun strained his ears to follow Bunny's faraway voice. "Did she said owl?" he said to himself. He strained his ears again to hear any sound from owl. "Ohhh yes I can hear it!!" he said excitedly, and it was towards his right, further in to the base of Mt Halla. 

He quickly moved towards his right and called out Bunny's name again. 

After a few more shouting to and fro, and with the help of the owl's howling, finally Kyuhyun's torchlight found Bunny, slumped on the ground! 

"Bunny!!!! Ohmygod, what happened?" he dashed towards her and immediately was on his knees to hug her. 

"Kyu!! Thank God you found me... " Bunny said with relief, and hugged him back. "I fell down and I think I sprain my ankle. I'm sorry Kyu, everything went wrong today..." Bunny said sadly. 

"It's okay it's okay, we talk later" Kyuhyun said while examining her ankle. It wasn't swelling so badly yet, so they have to hurry back home for him to check it further.  He noticed her leg was cold and she was shivering. "Ohmygod, you are shivering. I'll carry you. You hold this torchlight, and.. wait.. ermm... where is your phone?" Kyuhyun looked around on the ground. 

"It must have fallen near the branches when I fell down..." she took the torchlight and shone it around her. 

"I saw it" Kyuhyun stretched over and grabbed it. He passed it to her "Keep it in your pocket, and hold on to me with one hand when I carry you. I need your other hand to hold the torchlight".

"Okay" she wrapped her right arm around Kyuhyun's shoulder while Kyuhyun lifted her up, and she held the torchlight with her left hand to help Kyuhyun find his way out. 

"I put you in the jeep first okay, then I will fetch your bag and your car key from your car. Ohh.. and the containers too. Tomorrow I get someone to tow your car back home.."

"Okay.  Ohh, I can see your jeep!!" Bunny said excitedly when the jeep image appeared further in front. "I'm sorry Kyu, for troubling you and making you worried" 

He put her down carefully once they had reached his jeep, so that he could open his passenger door. He kissed her forehead "Don't say that.... I'm already so thankful that I found you and you are safe" he pulled her into a hug, feeling so grateful that she was safe "I was so scared that something happened to you, and I was so happy when I heard your voice!" and he hugged her again. 

Remembering that they need to get home ASAP before Bunny's ankle swelling got worst, Kyuhyun let her go slightly but still held onto her, and  opened the door and help her into the seat. 

They finally reached home about 30 minutes later. He quickly fetch warm water and carefully cleaned her leg and soaked it in fresh warm water. He removed her jacket and used warm towels to wipe her face and clean her hands too. 

"Do you want to go to the washroom?" he asked her, looking up at her with worried look. 

"No... Thanks for cleaning me up" Bunny said, now feeling sad because the last thing she wanted was to make Kyuhyun worried again. 

Kyuhyun smile at her. "Stop feeling bad. I'm not angry at you" he said, and got up "Okay, stay here, I'll get ointment and bandage and I'll be right back". 

Bunny knew that Kyuhyun was just suppressing his anger because he worried more for her safety. Who wouldn't be worried if he reached home and she wasn't at home? 

Kyuhyun came back and started examining her ankle after wiping it dry. He massage it and when Bunny grimaced in pain, he knew what was wrong. As what Bunny had said, she sprain her ankle. He quickly applied ointment and bandaged her ankle. 

"I've ordered bibimbap, so you don't have to cook. And..." he put aside the basin and sat next to her "No frying fish ball anymore until your ankle is okay. I don't want you to hop around and drag the recovery. You need to remember that our wedding is onthe following weekend and I want you to recover by then". 

Bunny nodded "I already have the stock of cookies for the supermarket actually...." 

"I'll send them tomorrow for you..." Kyuhyun cut in, with a bit of an angry tone. 

"Can... I.. explain... what happened..?" Bunny looked at him with her round eyes, with a tinch of scared look. 

How could Kyuhyun stayed angry, looking at his beloved girl's round eyes? He didn't want her to be scared of him, and since they were getting married soon, this was a perfect practise for them to talk things out. "Okay, you can explain..." he said patiently. 

Bunny took a deep breath and told him what happened. She didn't want to hide about Mrs Park who did not come to pick up her orders, which ended up Bunny herself has to drive over, and that Mrs Park didn't even bother to pay the delivery cost. 

Kyuhyun was annoyed at Mrs Park and asked for her number to give a piece of his mind, but Bunny told him to just forget about it. 

"Because of her, you ended up stranded in the jungle and sprain your leg!" Kyuhyun said, still in that annoyed tone. 

"I just want to forget about it, Kyu. And I promise you I won't do it again. If anybody place an order, I will insist for that person to collect it, else I won't sell it to her... So please don't be angry with me... " Bunny said, in a sad voice. 

Kyuhyun softened seeing Bunny on the verge of tears. He pulled her into a hug "I'm not angry anymore. I just don't like people to take advantage of your kindness. And yes, don't deliver anymore, especially after we are married and when you are pregnant. You have to think of your own safety..."

Bunny nodded and rest her head on his chest. She felt so comforting, having an understanding fiance who cared so much about her wellbeing. 

The next morning, before Kyuhyun went to work, he cooked porridge and get Bunny to eat so that she could take the painkillers. He changed the dressing too and re-bandaged her ankle. He wrapped it with plastic so that it won't get wet when she took her shower later. 

"Rest and don't walk around so much. Don't cook, I will buy lunch and come back to lunch with you" Kyuhyun soothed her hair and kissed her forehead. 

"Okay" she smile at him. "My car..." 

"Don't worry, I'll call the tow truck to sent it here and to bring along a jar of petrol" 

"Thanks Kyu. You drive carefully" 

He bent down and pecked her lips. "Sleep more okay. I'll bring the cookies to the supermarket and then I'll go to work. Call me if your ankle is too painful. Your phone is here, I've charged it" he showed her the phone on the side table. 

Bunny nodded and smile. Kyuhyun was such a wonderful person and she loved him more each day. 

"I love you"

"I love you too, Kyu. See you later" 

Kyuhyun smile and got up and left the room. He had already packed the cookies into two boxes and carried them out to his car. He called the tow truck once he was seated and told the owner the location, the car plate number, car details and their home address. 

Once done, he started his car and drove off. 

About an hour later, Bunny woke up because of some noises at their lawn. She slowly got up and reached for the walking aid that Kyuhyun put next to the bed. 

"Ohh my car is here" she said smiling happily when she saw her car from the living room window, which she had just opened it slightly. The tow truck driver went back to his truck after he had place the jar of petrol on their front porch, and then drove off. 

Smiling, Bunny turned around and prepared for shower. 

An hour later, her phone rang. Thinking it was Kyuhyun, she quickly grabbed it and answer it without looking at the sender. 

"Hello dear! Mrs Park here! I just remembered that I did not pay you the delivery fee. Can you come here again today? And bring along 20 sticks if that yummy fried fish ball?" 

Bunny was stunned. "What?!!!! She got the cheek to ask me to go there again to collect the delivery fee?!!! And bring more fried fish ball?!!! Ohmygod!!" Bunny fumed to herself and scolded Mrs Park in her mind. 

She felt annoyed and didn't know what to say to Mrs Park. She took a few deep breath to calm herself down first....