Countdown to the wedding

Mount Halla

 

Bunny was contemplating to just cut off Mrs Park's call, but she reminded herself not to be rude to customers. She merely answered "I'm sorry Mrs Park, I'm not well and I could not sell anything today. I'll forgo the fee, don't worry. Good day" and she off her phone. 

She would inform Kyuhyun later when he came home for lunch to seek his further advice in case Mrs Park call again. 

She sighed. She understood fully that in business world, there would be people who would take advantage of other people for their own personal gain, but she still felt sad that Mrs Park did this to her. 

She must emphasised that she don't do deliveries and advance orders would only be for collection.

The supermarket called her next! She recognised the number as she had saved it in her Contacts. "Miss Lee, this is Angela from the supermarket. Just to let you know that your cookies had sold out today. Do you have some more stock, or you will only bring over tomorrow?" 

"Hi Miss Angela, I'm so sorry, I don't have any extra stocks. I'll bake more today" 

"Okay then, I will put up the 'sold out' sign. By the way, are you alright? Because it was your husband who sent the cookies this morning" 

"Ohhh yes, I hurt my ankle, so I couldn't drive. Thank you for asking, Miss Angela" 

"Poor you, it must be so painful. Rest more Miss Lee. If you couldn't bake, just let us know, we will not remove the 'sold out' sign" 

"Thank you, Miss Angela. I will update you this evening, okay?" 

"Yes, thank you Miss Lee. You take care alright? Goodbye" 

"Goodbye Miss Angela" and Bunny off her phone. "Well, there are good and caring customers too!" Bunny smile to herself. 

Kyuhyun wasn't happy that Bunny told him that she planned to bake the cookies, when they were eating lunch. "I want you to rest. Just let the supermarket display the 'sold out' sign" 

"I will sit down and will not stand so long...." 

"Bunny, your leg need to heal for our wedding...." 

"How long does a sprained-ankle heal?" 

"Around a week, but with complete rest. If you walk too much, you will just putting pressure on your ankle. Then it won't heal so fast" 

Bunny was now torn between baking and resting to heal her ankle faster. She couldn't think properly. Of course their wedding take utmost priority, but she pity her customers who were hoping to buy her cookies. 

Kyuhyun reached for her hand "I'm not stopping you from baking the cookies, but have a thought for our wedding too. I'm fine if your ankle is not well by then coz I can carry you, but you will feel miserable if your ankle still giving you problem when you walk down the aisle and then standing in front of the priest.... "

"And also on our wedding night?" Bunny smile at him. 

Kyuhyun chuckled and pinched her nose "I will be gentle if your ankle is still painful" 

"Otherwise you will not be gentle?" Bunny . 

Kyuhyun laughed. His fiance is so cute! "It might be rough, until you beg for mercy...." 

"Whoa... I'm scared..." she giggled, and got pinched at her nose again. 

Kyuhyun laughed and cleared their lunch and while washing his hands, he thought of something. He went to his study room and pushed out his adjustable seat with wheels. 

"Bunny, use this chair when you bake. Adjust the seat higher and when you want to put the tray into the oven, just turn around since the oven is behind you" 

"Kyu, you are so genius! Yes, I can sit down on that chair and bake!" Bunny said, stepping nearer to the seat. Why didn't she thought of that? It would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. She don't have to stand and she could still bake! 

"So, now you have my approval to bake, my dear Bunny" Kyuhyun kissed her. 

"Thank you my dear husband! I love you more and more each day! You always put me in your priority" she rest her head on his chest. 

"Of course, you have been my priority eversince you came into my life!" he hugged her tighter. He felt that all his tiredness just disappeared when he hugged Bunny. 

"Oh yes, Kyu. Mrs Park called again..." 

"What?! What does she want?" he let her go to look at her. 

"She said she forgot to give me the delivery fee and asked me to deliver 20 more sticks of fried fish ball" Bunny rolled her eyes. 

"Ask her to fly kite" 

Bunny giggled "I told her I can't drive because I am not well, and I am not selling anything today" 

"You should just scolded her" 

"I can't be rude to my customers..." 

"Want me to call her and give her a piece of my mind?" 

"No.... " she shook her head. 

Kyuhyun sighed and hugged her again "I don't want people to take advantage of you. I'm proud that you put your foot down and tell her 'no'. So, always think of yourself first, okay. Just like I put you on my priority, you yourself need to put yourself as priority too" 

"I understand. Thank you so much Kyu" she smile, and glanced at the wall clock "You better go, else you'll be late for work" 

Kyuhyun unwillingly let her go "Be careful when you bake. And don't forget to take your medicines" 

"I will, don't worry" she smile sweetly at him. 

He kissed her "I love you. See you tonight. I'll buy dinner on my way home, so don't cook" 

"Okay..." she said, limping with him to the front door. He kissed her again and waved, and got into his jeep. 

She closed the front door and limp back to the kitchen. Her ankle was still painful so she sat down and took her medicines, and massage her feet. She sighed. If her ankle was not well by next weekend, she definitely couldn't put on her wedding shoes! She has to think of a slipper. But which bride in this World would put a slipper with a wedding dress? She chuckled and grabbed her phone. 

She texted her mother to ask her if she could help look for a pretty slipper from Seoul. Eversince she had meet up with her family, she had constantly keep in touch with her mother and had also told her about her sprained ankle, which she got a 5-minutes lecture from her for being too accomodative to her customer!

By dusk, Bunny managed to bake 100 bottles of cookies, with 3 types of varieties. Of course she kept 2 tubs for her dearest Kyuhyun because he would just opened his mouth and expected her to feed him with her yummyliscious  cookies. 

So Bunny bake everyday to fulfil the supermarket orders and her cookies were always sold out! Even Kyuhyun's medical colleagues love them whenever he brought a tub to the hospital. He has to hide some for himself, else the whole tub would be empty by the time he came back to their pantry after his rounds! 

Bunny planned to bake cookies for her wedding too, as a doorgift to their guests. She used pink taffeta materials to sew a square sachet with yellow ribbon, and put some cookies in a ziplock plastic, and put these filled-up ziplock into this sachet, and tie them up with the ribbon. The finished product looked so cute and even Kyuhyun loved it. 

It was the Wednesday before her wedding, and Bunny was busy baking when her phone rang. "I want to try your cookies, noona!" Sungjin had told her over the phone when her mother called her and put it on speaker, to tell her the flight number and the arrival time of their flight to tomorrow to Jeju. 

"Of course you can, but you have to buy it" Bunny joked with him. 

"What?? Don't be a calculative business woman!" Sungjin feigned sulking. 

Bunny laughed "Of course you can try them, silly" 

"Yayyy" Sungjin had scream and his mother scolded him as she wanted to talk to Bunny. 

"Sungminnie, I've bought you a pair of slippers! It's suitable for your wedding and very pretty. I'll send you the picture now" her mother had said, and proceed to send her the photo. 

Bunny received the image "Ohh omma, this is so beautiful! Very appropriate and match with my wedding gown! Thank you omma!" she said excitedly. It was a slip-on slippers, with white flowers on the feet cover portion, and the whole slippers looked like it was made with satin material. 

"I'm glad that you like it! How's your ankle?" 

"It's recovering, but Kyu still don't allow me to put on shoes" 

"It's okay, and he is right. Get it heal properly so that the sprain doesn't recur" Mrs Lee adviced her "Okay darling, we see you tomorrow?"

"See you omma and Jin! Send my regards to appa. We will fetch you from the airport okay?" 

"Alright, you take care. Send my regards to Kyuhyun" 

"I will, see you tomorrow!" and Bunny off her phone, smiling happily.  Her family would be staying in a hotel because Kyuhyun's family will be staying here in this villa. She put aside 1 tub for Sungjin and her family, and reserved 2 tubs for Kyuhyun's family. 

Her wedding would be this coming Saturday!  She felt so surreal that she would be experiencing walking down the aisle with her father! 

She felt excited and nervous the same time!