What's my name?

Mount Halla

 

Sungmin was still unconscious despite the body twitched for a while. To her, she was still swimming in a deep sea and trying to find the surface. She called for help, but nobody seemed to hear her. She was amazed that she could be deep in the water for a period of time. 

"Okay Bunny, want to wake up? I cook rice, fish soup, fried fish, fried long beans and omelette" Kyuhyun said casually, as though he was talking to a friend, and stood next to Sungmin. He bend down to check her temperature, check her bandage and her pulse. 

He sighed "If she didn't regain her consciousness tonight, I will need to put her on IV drip. I need fluids and medicines to go directly into her blood, only then she can survive..." he said, adjusting her blanket. He looked at his watch, it was already 6pm. He will have an early dinner and then checked on her again before he put up the drip. 

He walked out to his study room, put on a plastic gloves and went to his medical dry box to check his intravenous supplies. Satisfied that he has enough, he closed back the dry box. The medical supplies in the dry box were all sterilised and kept dry, in room temperature. Off and on, he would have climbers who fell and need immediate medical attention, so he has all the necessary supplies with him. Even the other guides, Yunho and Minho, would bring the injured climbers to his villa, to seek his medical help, on days that he was off duty. 

Kyuhyun started eating and was thankful that most of the food he got were free. He only need to buy rice. He would stock up can food before winter. The long beans were  from his little garden outside his kitchen, and fishes were from the river. He kept some of the fried fish for tomorrow to add to porridge, in case Bunny woke up. 

Bunny. What would he do if she woke up? "Well, I will treat her wounds first, then if she decided to return back to wherever she came from, I can help her. We'll see..." he sighed and cleared his dinner. 

Kyuhyun prepared the IV drip and clean her hand with antiseptic solution, carefully poke the needle, all the while checking whether she has any response, then he hooked up the drip. He hang it on his coat hanger pole and checked that the liquid started moving. He would wipe her tomorrow morning when he change the drip and before he went off to work. 

The next morning, he cooked porridge and heated up his fried fish, and pinched it into bits and pieces. After his porridge was ready, he checked on Bunny and changed her drip, wiped her face and body, treated her wound, changed her bandaged, and put on a new pajama for her. 

Then he went to his kitchen and  scooped a bowl of porridge and he sprinkled the fishes on top. He covered the bowl and placed it on a tray, place a spoon, and put a mug of warm water before carrying the tray to put it on the side table. He wrote a note and put it below the mug in case Bunny woke up. Then he left for work. 

Sungmin swam and swam and pushed herself up following the sunshine towards the surface. She struggle a lot and used all her strength to reach the surface. After a while which she felt like eternity, she finally reached the surface!! She did it!!!! She gulp for air and slowly opened her eyes. She couldn't focus and she closed her eyes again. She felt something was hooked on her left hand. She tried to move her right hand to rub her eyes, and slowly, she was able to. She opened her eyes again. Strangely, she was not anywhere in an ocean. She was in a room. 

"Where am I?" she moved her head slowly and looked around. She felt her body aching and her head hurts. She slowly touched her head and there was a bandaged. She saw that her left hand was hooked to something "Is it a drip? Why am I on a drip? What happened to me??" 

Somehow, Sungmin could not remember anything. Her mind was blank. She felt hungry and thirsty, and saw on her right, there was a side table and there was a tray. Slowly, she tried to sit up, but she felt aching all over, especially her back. She felt so weak and tired. 

She managed to sit up and slowly prop her self against the bedhead. Slowly, she reached for the mug, and saw a note. 

"Hi Bunny. If you are awake, eat some porriage, and just stay in bed first. I will be back by 3pm. Regards, Kyuhyun".

"Kyu.. Kyuhyun? Who is Kyuhyun? Where the hell am I, and am I Bunny?" Sungmin has all these questions but she got no answers. She couldn't remember her name and couldn't even remember anything! Sighing, she slowly took the mug and drank some water. She put the mug back and slowly took the porriage and put the cover back on the tray. 

"Hmm, the porridge is nice, or maybe because I am hungry!" and she finished the whole bowl! 

Slowly, she tried to lift her legs down on the left side of the bed and sat at the edge. She slowly stood up and stepped towards the window. The was a small garden of vegetables and herbs on her right, and further ahead, she saw what looked like slopes. "Is that a mountain? Gosh, where am I, and why am I here?" 

Sungmin took the coat pole with her and saw a pair of blue home slippers next to the pole. She put them as she felt that the floor was cold. Slowly, she walked around the bed to go towards the side table again. There was a dressing table and a mirror, and she saw herself! She was in a blue pajamas, and her head was bandaged. Confused, she drank some more water and turned to walk out of the room. Luckily she was holding on to the pole, at least it helped her to steady herself, as her legs were weak. 

There were 2 other bedrooms, one next to hers and the other was opposite hers. Next to the opposite bedroom looked like a study room. Seemed like there wasn't anybody at home. So, that Kyuhyun guy stayed alone? She slowly walked  towards the kitchen. There was a dining table and cooking area, stove, oven, lots of equipments, sink, fridge, and on her far left was a door. Ohh this must be the laundry area, with a bathroom. 

From this laundry area, there was a grilled door towards the garden that she saw from her room window just now. She walked back to the  kitchen and then walked towards the front of the house. The house was very lovely, made of teak wood and very spacious. She wondered why that guy stayed alone. She opened the front door and had to blink her eyes due to sunlight. 

"Wow, lovely place!" Sungmin stepped out to the porch, and on her left was a long boardwalk. She heard the sound of water flowing. "Where am I actually, and where is this place..." she wondered for the upteempth time. 

It was cool, with winds, and she felt cold, so she walked back in as the house was warmer. 

At the living room, there was a bowl of apples, and a small knife. "Ohh, he must be pealing and eating the apples and left the knife there" she thought to herself, and sat down on the sofa. She felt so tired and sleepy. She put the coat hanger pole next to her, and felt her head throbbing. She closed her eyes to rest. 

A sudden noise woke her up. She became alert and scrambled to stand up. She nearly collapsed as her legs were still weak, so she hang on to the pole. What if it is a burglar? She grabbed the fruit knife and walked slowly to the door, ready to attack. The person stepped on the porch, and she heard a trunk or something was opened and then there were some footsteps, before the person came to the door. 

The door opened and somebody tall walked in. Sungmin aimed the knife at him and asked "Who are you?!!" 

Kyuhyun was surprised "Woah Woah careful careful with the knife!!!!" He put up his right hand to stop her from advancing nearer with the knife. "Ohh... Bunny!! You are conscious!!! Why are you up here, you are not strong yet" Kyuhyun glanced at the drip which was finishing. 

"You are Kyuhyun?" 

"Ohhh sorry I should have introduced myself. I'm Cho Kyuhyun and this is my villa" he slowly stepped nearer to her and carefully took the knife from her. She let it go without any resistance. 

"How did I get here? What am I doing here?" 

Kyuhyun help her to walk towards the sofa and got her to sit down. "I'm not sure how you get here, but I found you almost drowning in the river, so I brought you here. You were unconscious for 2 days. There wasn't any bag or identification, and you only have a small sling bag, so I couldn't even bring you to a hospital" Kyuhyun told her, and continued "Wait here, I clean my hand and I'll remove your drip". 

He came back with an antiseptic solution and cotton pad, and after applying the solution onto her hand, he slowly removed the needle and unhooked the drip. 

"You... you found me in the river?" 

"Yes. I guessed you must have fallen into the river and hit the rocks, because you have a bad deep cut on your head"

Sungmin her bandaged. "You treated me all these while?" 

"I'm a qualified doctor, that's the least I could do" Kyuhyun smile and put the drip in a waste bag. "I work as a guide for Gwaneumsa trail, to Mount Halla" he said while sitting down on another sofa.

"I see. Thank you for saving me and taking care of me. But why did you keep calling me 'Bunny?'" 

"The chain on your neck, it has the word' Bunny'. So I assume that is your nickname. Isn't it?" 

Sungmin her chain. "I don't know..." 

Kyuhyun looked at her confusedly. "What's your name then?" 

Sungmin looked at him blankly "I don't know, I can't remember..." 

Kyuhyun was surprised "Do you remember where you came from? Busan or Seoul..." 

Sungmin shook her head, and beginning to look scared. What is happening to her? Why can't she recall anything..? 

"Okay okay I think you might experience temporary memory lost because you went through a trauma or something, and you hit your head. The memories will come back, don't worry"

Sungmin looked at him sadly. 

"It's okay, don't worry about it too much. In the meantime, your name is Bunny, and you stay here until you regain your memory okay?" 

"Thank you" Sungmin said. "But who changed my clothes?" 

Kyuhyun was unsure what to say "Ermmm.. I.. I.. did, because I need to remove your wet clothings, or else you will catch a cold..." 

"What? So you've seen my body??!! ..."