Sold

Mount Halla

 

The next morning, they went to the National Arboretum and Forest Museum, which was just a stone throw from her old home.

Korea National Arboretum covers an area of 1,157㏊ and contains 15 specialized forests, including Conifer Garden, the Garden of Ornamental Trees, and the Aroma and Touch Garden. The Forest Museum is the largest in Asia, covering 4628 sq.m² with a traditional Korean design, and the interior and exterior are both constructed of wood and stone. 

The arboretum facilities consist of 5 exhibition halls (Living Forest, Forest and Man, Forestry of the World, Forestry of Korea, Nature of Korea), a Herbarium, a Special Exhibition Room, and an Audio Visual Hall.

Kyuhyun loved this place as he was very interested in nature. "I should suggest to Jeju's local government to preserve a similar forestry in Jeju, just like this one" Kyuhyun said while they we walking in Living Forest section.

"Yeah, why not? Even here, I don't think a lot of locals knew about this forest reserve and most of us who stay nearby, came here to walk and exercise, not so much to learn about the forest itself".

"It's a pity that most people prefers to visit other countries mountains and forest, but they forget that Korea itself is rich in nature"

"Not many people are like you, Dr Cho" Bunny laughed, making Kyuhyun chuckled.

They walked hand in hand to all sections and finally left about 3 hours later. Kyuhyun had left his rented car in the compound of Bunny's old home.

The ate at the roadside stall, and thereafter went to the Real Estate agent to see Mr Lee. The reception informed Mr Lee and he came out of his room to welcome them. 

"I'm happy to meet you again, Ms Lee and Mr Cho" he shook hands with both of them and invited them to go to his room and to sit. "So, have you decided, and are we in business?" Mr Lee said smiling, referring to the sale of the property. He politely served them with 2 bottles of mineral water, which both of them said their thanks. 

"Mr Lee, if we may ask just out of curiosity, what will be your company's plan for that property?" Kyuhyun asked casually. 

Mr Lee sat at his seat "We actually have 2 plans in mind, and it depends greatly on the approvals from the local government since this area is largely earmark for forestry reserve". 

Mr Lee continued "Once you sell to us, we will submit our proposal to the local government to build a hotel and a tram to bring guests to the National Arboretum. But for trams, we need special approval from the transport department. So if that didn't go through, we will just propose to build the hotel. Probably we'll provide shuttle service to the forest". 

"Wow, that's great, but why trams?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"This area is unique. We have roadside stalls and old traditional houses and beautiful gardens, so the trams will bring guest around this area and then to the Arboretum". 

"That's really great! I hope your proposal for hotel with tram service will go through!" Sungmin told him honestly. She's happy that her halmeoni's land will be of good use in future. 

"Thank you, I hope so too. But, provided you sell your land to us" Mr Lee laughed. 

Kyuhyun reached over to clasp Bunny's hand, to encourage her to decide. She smile at Kyuhyun and turned her head to face Mr Lee "Hmm, Mr Lee, I've made my decision. I will sell the land" Sungmin smile and nodded her head. 

"Ohhh great!!! That's really the best thing I heard today!!!" Mr Lee stood up to shook hands with Bunny, and then with Kyuhyun. 

"Okay, give me a moment, I get the official quotation and sales detail form" Mr Lee gestured a 'wait' hand-sign and bowed slightly before going out from his room. 

"Did you bring the land title deeds and your identification card?" Kyuhyun asked her. 

"Yes I bring them. I'm so nervous, Kyu. Am I making the right decision?" 

"Look at it this way. Rather than the house becomes rot and rusty, it will be more useful to redevelop it into something more useful. Your late halmeoni will be happy that she left behind some treasures for you and that a lot of happy families will stay here in future".

"Yes, you are right. Promise me that we will come back here again in future?" 

"Yes, we will, with our children" Kyuhyun laughed. Bunny chuckled and playfully punched Kyuhyun. 

The sale of the property were finalised and there were so many documents to sign. Bunny was thankful that Kyuhyun was there with her, and he was the one who read through and ensure that everything went through the legal way and the sale document was correct and in accordance to the law. 

Mr Lee's big boss, Mr Park, signed the purchase agreement and presented the cheque personally to Sungmin. 

With trembling hands, Sungmin accepted the cheque and couldn't believe her eyes that this big amount would be hers soon, once she has banked in the cheque. 

"Okay, Ms Lee, can you meet us tomorrow morning at 10am at the property itself? We will do the official handover with the house as the backdrop. You can pass us the house key and if you need to clear anything, you can do so as well"

"Alright, we'll be there. Thank you Mr Lee, and Mr Park as well. 

"Don't forget to bank in the cheque!" Mr Lee laughed and shook hands with them. He waved and bowed again until they got into the car and drove off. 

"Congratulations!!" Kyuhyun smile happily at his dearest fiancé. "I saw Hanseong Bank somewhere, shall we drop the cheque first? You brought along your bankbook from your halmeoni house?" 

Hanseong Bank is part of Shinhan Financial Group and previously Kyuhyun had opened an account for Bunny in Hanseong Bank, Jeju, to deposit her sales profit so that she has her own savings. 

"Yes, I brought it along" Bunny told him, and continued "But Kyu, I want to open a joint account with you and deposit this cheque into our joint account" 

"What? No! This is your money. It's all yours, and for your future, Bunny. You can use it to open a shop and be a successful businesswoman, or invest your money. I can help you to invest.. " 

"Please...? Please open a joint account with me..?" 

"No.." 

"Please Kyu? Yes I know that I can use it for my future or give some to my family, or invest, but I still want the money to be in our joint account" 

"Bunny..."

"Please...?"

Kyuhyun sighed "Alright, alright, but I want you to hold the ATM card. And we should open a current account so that you can use the chequebook"

Bunny clapped her hand and reached over to kiss Kyuhyun's cheek. Kyuhyun chuckled and reached for her hand and kissed it.

After they have settled the joint account opening and deposited the cheque, they went to visit a few bridal shops. Bunny loved something simple and Kyuhyun liked double-ed suit, so after 3 bridal shops, they finally found the design that they liked in the 4th bridal shop. 

Bunny selected 2 gowns to try, one with strap and sleeveless but with a beautiful taffeta gown, and another one, which Kyuhyun preferred, was a beautiful Italian white lace with soft white satin lining the dress from the downwards. 

Of course Kyuhyun didn't like her body parts to be exposed because somehow he was still old fashion and conservative in this aspect, that one shouldn't expose their body for others to see.... so the sleeveless gown was ruled out!

"You body is only for me to see..." he whispered to her and smile. 

"Tsk... Kyu, I choose that because the taffeta gown is lovely, not because it's sleeveless" Bunny politely returned the gown back to the bridal shop owner. 

"Sorry, I'm very old fashion..." Kyuhyun said softly. 

"Kyu it's okay, don't worry about it" Bunny smile sweetly, understanding his preference. She learned new things about her gorgeous future husband everyday! 

They tried their bridal attire and took photos as they both looked so good as both were good looking. They finalised the bridal attire purchase, paid and happily left the shop. 

Back in their hotel room, they decided to order food through room service, as Sungmin was very tired. They sat on the sofa to watch tv, while waiting for their food, with Kyuhyun's arm on Sungmin's shoulder. 

Kyuhyun asked her "Were you disappointed that you couldn't try that bridal gown?" 

"No, Kyu, I'm not. In fact, I'm happy that you prefer me not to put on anything revealing. I'm conservative too, just that I thought you guys are more open-minded" 

"Some guys are, but not me. There was this ex-classmate's wedding that I attended here in Seoul and when the bride walked in, our jaw practically dropped because her bridal attire was too revealing. Either it was too big for her or she has lost weight...." 

"You mean it was those kind of gown?" 

" and the front only covered her area, and it was loose, so those seated at the sides could practically see everything"

"Wow... maybe the groom was proud to show how y his bride was..." 

"We took a group photo, and nobody wanted to stand next to the bride!!! I'll look for the photo on my photo album when we are back home and show it to you" 

"To each his own, I guess, so those open-minded younger generations wouldn't mind such outfit. In fact, the more they reveal their body parts, the better..." 

"I will shun away from them, especially in summer because that's when they can wear as little as possible. Anyway I'm glad that you have the same mentality as me" Kyuhyun pulled her closer and Bunny leaned in to his chest. 

She respected Kyuhyun's conservativeness because it shows that he really value a woman's digtiny. She thanked God that she found such a wonderful man. 

They talked more about their wedding outfit, their wedding day, possible venues, who to invite and food catering. They both decided that it won't be a grand wedding, just families and close friends, but couldn't decide on the venue. 

"We'll think about it again when we are back home" Kyuhyun smile and when Bunny nodded her head, he pecked her lips. The room doorbell chimed, means their dinner arrived.  They ate happily, chatting about their flight back, their garden and their home.  Bunny couldn't wait to get home because that villa was where she found a new life, found a new passion, and found a new love. 

They met up with Mr Lee, Mr Park and another 2 of their team members at Bunny's old home, to handover her house key. She walked around for a one last look before she handed over her keys (main door, letterbox and the wooden gate key). 

Mr Lee gestured for a group photo and he also took photos earlier too, when Bunny handover her keys to Mr Park. 

So, finally, Bunny has sold her property and settled everything that she wanted to do. She breath a sigh of relieved. 

Kyuhyun hugged her because he knew that Bunny was sad, despite her smiling face. They walked back to their car after bidding farewell to Mr Lee and Mr Park

It was only in the car, that Bunny burst into tears. All her past memories with her grandmother came pouring in. She remembered about her grandma, about their simple life where her grandma dote on her, when her grandma fell sick, and when her grandma eventually past away. And the sadness of selling away halmeoni's precious property. 

Kyuhyun pulled her into his arms and he let her cry, to ease her pain of her past life. He took out his handkerchief and wipe her tears, and only after she sobered down, then he drove off. 

As the car left her old home, she saw an image of her halmeoni, waving and smiling at her. With tears still flowing down, she smile back at her halmeoni and said in her heart "goodbye halmeoni.."

It was drizzling when they fly back to Jeju that evening. Sitting at the window seat, with her right hand intertwined with Kyuhyun's left hand, Bunny looked out to the sky outside, and said "Thank you, halmeoni, for giving me your home. I will use the money wisely and will make you proud"