Offer

Mount Halla

 

Bunny was eventually discharged on the 4th day, after another blood test and after Dr Yoo was satisfied that the bacteria infection has mostly been eliminated. 

Bunny's swelling has reduced a lot and her face was back to normal but she still need to continue with her antibiotics and vitamins at home. 

Kyuhyun make sure that she took her medicines and monitored her health in case the bacteria resurfaced.

For the following week, kyuhyun was busy working with Dr Yoo on the presentation of his research and has requested the panel of doctors for a meeting to do a demonstration on his research work.

"Bunny, I'll be late today as I have a presentation. Make sure you take your medications and rest okay. Don't overwork" Kyuhyun told her after he has lifted up their fish net and poured the fishes into their icebox, and placed back the net. He changed into his work attire and walked over to Bunny to give her a kiss.

"Yes Kyu, don't worry about me" she smile sweetly at him. 

"I'm always worried about you and I only feel better if you are with me..." Kyuhyun tidied up her hair. 

"I'm here at home, and you have to go to work. I'm baking cookies, then I will rest, I promise" Bunny smile and put up her hand as of to swear.  She accompanied him to the door. 

Kyuhyun chuckled and kissed her again. "Ok I trust you. See you later baby" he smile, pinched her nose and went to his car. He waved at her as he drove off. 

The presentation went well, and kyuhyun presented his research with ease and confidence. Dr Yoo was proud of his friend and hope that the panel of doctors would consider approving Kyuhyun's research. 

"I'm impress on what you have presented, and amaze that it was based on facts and using daily items.." Dr Lee, head of the panel of doctors, said. "And you mentioned that you have been testing this on a person, so how was the progress?" 

"She's been showing tremendous progress, sir, on her lost memories and she can even recall her late grandmother's baking recipes.  And she could now piece together broken events and understand why things happened and why she was here" kyuhyun explained. 

"Dr Lee, I think we can try this medication on some of our older patients first, to see their memory recollection recovery. Once we have more patients and more results, we can produce this in a capsule or in a pill form" Dr Ahn chipped in. 

"Good suggestion, Jaehyun" Dr Lee said, and the rest of the doctors agreed with him too. Dr Lee then turned to kyuhyun. "Kyuhyun, why don't you join us as full time doctor? You can expand your research and at the same time perform full time doctor's duty. Will you consider my offer?" he offered to kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun was surprised and felt honoured to be asked to be a full time doctor by the head of the panel. He smile "I will think about it Dr Lee. I'll come back to you with my decision" Kyuhyun smile again and bowed, and Dr Lee nodded happily. 

An hour later, both kyuhyun and Dr Yoo was having coffee at the staff cafeteria. Or rather, Kyuhyun bought coffee for Dr Yoo to thank him for helping with the presentation. 

"Heyy Kyu. You should take up the offer to be a full time doctor here. Furthermore, Dr Lee already acknowledged your research work" Dr Yoo looked up at Kyuhyun after sipping his coffee. 

"I admit it's a good offer, but you know me, I love my job as a guide for Gwaneumsa Trail, and I love Halla-san too much to leave that job..." Kyuhyun looked down at his mug. 

"Look at it this way. You are getting married soon, and as the head of the family, you will need a stable income. Think about this seriously and talk to your fiance. You can always be a guide on part time basis, like when you are off, or on leave...." 

Kyuhyun knew that what Yoon Seok said make sense and was really true. He would need a stable income after he and Bunny got married, and especially if they want to start a family. It wasn't that being a guide didn't provide income, but it didn't provide him with a good salary. 

Kyuhyun looked up at his friend with appreciation. "You are right, Yoon Seok. I should think from that angle and shouldn't think only for myself and what I like...."

"Yeah you should. Just that the only disadvantage of being a doctor is you have shift work and sometimes need to work for longer hours if there is an emergency..." Yoon Seok raised his eyebrows. 

"Bunny understands that, thankfully! Anyway, thank you very much for your thoughts and advice! It's really helpful and set me thinking. I'll discuss with Bunny and inform Dr Lee tomorrow" kyuhyun smile, and stood up to return their tray. 

"Great!!! I'll be the happiest if you decide to join us full time!!" Yoon Seok stood up too, and patted Kyuhyun's back. They left the cafetaria after kyuhyun put back the tray. 

On the way back from the hospital, kyuhyun kept thinking about the full time offer. "I should take the offer right? I need to think of my family's future" he said to himself. But he loved the freedom of being a mountain guide. The ever changing scenery of Mount Halla, the fresh air.... he sighed... and turned into the trail road towards his home. 

The minute he stepped into his home, the wonderful smell of freshly bake cookies shoot into his nose. Bunny's cookies were so addictive that he walked straight into the kitchen to pop some cookies into his mouth. 

"I'm home!!" he said cheerfully, and steeped towards Bunny and kissed her. "And may I have the honour to try your cookies?" he smile sheepishly. 

Bunny giggled "Here..." she took 2 pieces of cookies which had cool down on a rack, and feed him. 

"Mmmmmmm..... It taste so good!!!" Kyuhyun honestly praised her. It was really good, delicious, crunchy and tasty, and once you eat, you couldn't stop!! Bunny feed him with 2 more pieces. "Thank you baby. Hmmm did you rest.. ?" 

"Yes I did. I started baking after I took a nap" Bunny said and off the oven after she took out the last tray.  "You go ahead and take your shower? I'll heat up our dinner" she smile at him. 

"Okayyyy... can I have two more cookies..?" he made a cute face, making her giggled and feed him 2 more cookies. 

"Okay now you go..." she playfully pushed him towards the kitchen door. 

Later, they were happily chatting and eating dinner when Kyuhyun remembered about his full time offer from Dr Lee. 

"Ohhh, you know after my presentation just now, the head of panel of doctors, Dr Lee, offered me to join the hospital as a full time doctor and continue with my research work" kyuhyun told her. 

"That's wonderful, Kyu!! Even the panel of doctors acknowledge your research work! Congratulations!!" Bunny praised him, and she felt so proud of her fiancee. 

"Thanks love, but I haven't give him my answer"

"Why are you still considering about it? Is it because of your work as a guide?" Bunny asked, and when Kyuhyun slowly nodded, she continued "Kyu, I know Mount Halla has always been your passion, but you can always trek it during your off days, and be a part time guide. Don't throw away this opportunity that is given to you. Not every part-time doctors are as lucky as you..." 

"I know, and I should think of our future too. I need a stable and a good income for you and our kids. It's just that being a full time doctor means I might spend a lot of time away from you....."

"Kyu, I will understand, don't worry about it. Hmmm.... maybe I should take up driving lesson, so that I can drive and meet you for lunch if you are too busy...." Bunny said half jokingly. 

"Ehhh yeah, why not?!! That's a good idea!! Let's register you for driving lessons!!!" Kyuhyun said excitedly. 

"Kyu, I was only joking!" Bunny laughed. 

"Seriously, it's a good idea! We'll buy another car when you get your driving licence, and you can drive around, especially to the stall at the   
Gwaneumsa trail..."

"I'm scared to drive..." 

"You'll get use to it once you have started your lesson... or maybe you already have a driving licence back in Seoul...?" 

"I don't think so. I recalled appa wanted to get Jinnie to learn driving, but not me... and anyway, when I was staying with halmeoni, I just take a bus and walked" 

Kyuhyun smile happily and was glad the mixture that he suggested to Bunny to add into her cooking was working very well. She could recalled more specific things now and she could even recall some conversations. Kyuhyun pinched her nose "Okay then, let's register you after our dinner!!" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"I will agree if you promise to teach me to drive too. I want both you, as well as the driving instructor, to teach me!" 

"Okay okay I will!. Let's clear the table then we can register you!" Kyuhyun got up excitedly.

Bunny giggled because Kyuhyun was more excited than her!