Chapter 8

Working alongside EXO

A few hours later Rosé wakes up in Wonho’s room, her head still feeling a little dizzy but she’s warm at last. She slowly gets into a sitting position, notices the room is empty and grabs the glass of water off the nightstand. After taking a few sips she gets up, but feels chilly again. She notices Wonho’s hoodie on the chair in the corner of the room, pulls it over her head and heads out to the living room. The guys are all sitting on the L shaped couch and surrounding chairs watching tv together. 

 

Wonho notices her presence right away, gets up and gives her a tight hug while placing a kiss on top of her head. “What a nice sweater you have,” he tells her smiling from ear to ear. “It smells like you,” she says giving him another hug. They both sit on the couch with the guys who look worried about her. “You really scared us Rosie,” Minhyuk says, grabbing her hand and pecking it, “we thought you were seriously ill.” “Don’t worry, I’m feeling a bit better now anyways.” They all decide to continue watching tv while Jooheon and I.M make some ramyun for everyone. 

 

After eating the ramyun and watching quite a bit of tv, Rosé heads to bed early still not feeling too well. “We’re gonna watch The Avengers next Wonho hyung,” I.M says, “you’re not going to bed now right?” “No, I just need to talk to Rosé first, wait for me,” he responds, then follows Rosé to his room down the hall. 

 

When hearing the door open Rosé turns around quickly to see who it is but relaxes seeing it’s Wonho. “Hey, I thought you were watching another movie,” she says sitting down on the bed. “I am, but I just wanted to talk to you first. You said some things before you passed out in the car, do you remember what you said?” She shakes her head. He sits next to her on the bed and grabs her hands. “You said some things about Chanyeol from EXO.” Her eyes widen in shock, she didn’t dream of telling Wonho about her former feelings for Chanyeol and now she’s done just that. 

 

“I probably said some dumb things then,” she responds. “You had feelings for him?” Wonho asks. “I did, but it was months ago. Nothing ever happened because he was so rude to me, that’s why I left their apartment that night when Eunae hurt me. It was because of him and some things he said. After that I felt nothing towards him but anger, and when I stayed with you guys for a little while things changed. Once I saw you guys again months later, that’s when you and me happened, and believe me he wasn’t even a thought in my head by then. I really like you, and only you Wonho.” Wonho smiles and pulls her close to him. 

 

“I’m not upset with you about this I just wish you told me sooner,” he tells her. “I’m sorry,” she says. They talk some more and she decides to tell him about everything that happened between her and Chanyeol ever since they met a few months ago. Eventually she goes to sleep, and Wonho heads back to the living room finding the guys halfway through The Avengers movie. 

 

The following morning Rosé wakes up with a slight fever so Wonho makes her some soup and gives her some medications to help lower it. “We have a music show to do, but I’ll be back in a couple of hours,” he tells her, pecking her forehead, “get some sleep.” 

 

Once at the music show Wonho tells Shownu everything Rosé told him last night about Chanyeol. “Wow! I never would’ve thought she liked him, but that doesn’t sound like Chanyeol at all. He’s really bubbly and happy, so maybe he had feelings for her too and hid them by being rude to her or something,” Shownu says. “I thought that too, based on what she told me. It’s all really strange.” “Don’t worry about it, she says she doesn’t like him anymore,” Shownu tells him. 

 

Rosé decides to get out of bed to watch the music show since she can’t sleep, she goes to the living room and turns on the tv. Their performance and outfits suit them so well, they look so handsome. By the end of the show they get their first win ever, they all say a few words and shed some tears as well. An hour or so later they all come back to the dorm, and she gets up to greet them. “I’m so proud of you guys! Your first win!” She exclaims, giving them all hugs. “Thanks Rosie! We’re beyond grateful!” Minhyuk says. 

 

“We’re going out for dinner later to celebrate, do you want to come?” Shownu asks her. “That’s okay, I probably shouldn’t be going out with you guys anyways,” she responds. “Hey, no one is going to say anything. You’re our stylist and friend,” Wonho tells her gently grabbing her arm. “Yeah, but I’m not feeling one hundred percent. I’ll just try to get some sleep.” She turns and goes back to Wonho’s room. 

 

The guys are confused with her behaviour and turn to Wonho for an explanation. “I have no idea what that was about,” he tells them, and follows Rosé to his room. He opens the door and sees her on the bed holding her head, crying. “Hey, shhh, you’re okay,” he tells her turning her body towards him so he can hold her close to him. “What’s wrong?” She sniffles, wipes her eyes and pulls away from him. “It’s nothing, I’m just really tired.” 

 

After Rosé watched the music show she got a massive pain in her head, worse than a migraine. She didn’t want to worry Wonho because it was probably nothing so she just made the excuse that she should sleep. A few minutes later he left to go for dinner, while Rosé laid in Wonho’s bed staring at the ceiling. She tried to sleep but the pain in her head won’t go away. Several hours pass, she hears the guys come back from dinner and looking at the clock sees it’s 11.30.

 

Wonho quietly comes into the room, changes into some shorts and an oversized shirt, then lays down on his mattress on the floor. He’s about to fall asleep when Rosé whispers his name, loud enough for him to hear. “I didn’t think you’d be awake,” he says. She slowly gets up and lays down next to him on the mattress, her face towards his. “I didn’t sleep at all, my head is pounding. I don’t know what to do and if I start crying from the pain it only gets worse,” she tells him, “can you just hold me?” He smiles at her and nods. She turns her back towards him and he wraps his arms around her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Try and get some sleep,” he whispers in her ear, before she slowly drifts off to sleep. 

 

The next morning Wonho wakes up, finds Rosé still asleep in his arms and smiles to himself. He slowly moves his arms from around her body, gets up and heads to the kitchen to make some breakfast for everyone. He makes a big bowl of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, rice and cuts up some fruit as well. After placing it on the table he goes to wake up the guys, most of them are already awake just laying in bed on their phones, Minhyuk and Hyungwon come to the living room since they smell the food so he only had to wake up Shownu. He goes into Shownu’s room who’s still fast asleep and lays down on top of him. Shownu groans and tries to push Wonho off, without success. “You’re all muscle, I can’t even push you off,” Shownu moans from under him. Wonho laughs and rolls off of him to the side of the bed. “Get up, I made food. The guys will eat it all if you don’t come,” Wonho tells him. 

 

He then heads to his own room, leans down in front of Rosé and pecks her forehead. She opens her eyes and smiles up at him. “I actually slept, thanks to you,” she says. “I’m glad, are you feeling any better today?” He asks her. “Yeah, my head doesn’t hurt as much. I’ll just take it easy today I suppose,” she replies. “I guess I shouldn’t ask you to come to the gym with me then,” he says laughing. “I will kindly refuse your offer.” “Alright, well I made breakfast. Put some clothes on and I’ll see you in a few minutes,” he says and kisses her on the lips. She smiles and gets up to grab some clothes. 

 

She puts on jeans, an oversized grey sweatshirt with a grey beanie, then heads to breakfast. “There she is!” Minhyuk exclaims, “are you feeling better today?” She nods her head, taking a seat next to I.M. and putting her head on his shoulder. He gently pats her head and fills her plate with eggs, sausage, rice and some fruits. “Thank you maknae,” she says giggling, and starts eating her food. “Well you picked a guy who can cook, that’s a good thing,” Shownu jokes. “Yup, breakfast is his specialty,” she responds. 

 

When they’re done eating breakfast Rosé and Wonho decide to take a short walk down the block so she can tell him what Suho told her several days ago regarding the deal they made with Eunae. “She said if you get in a relationship with them she’ll kill you?” Wonho asks her when she’s done explaining everything. Rosé nods and looks over at him. “That’s insane, why does she think she has so much power over you?” “I don’t know, she’s just obsessed with EXO I guess. It’s fine though, because I’m not going to be dating any of them, I got you,” she reassures him. But Wonho finds it very suspicious that Eunae would make that her condition so that she would leave Rosé alone, unless someone from EXO likes Rosé and she wanted to punish them as well. 

 

By the next week Rosé is back to her normal self and since the heating has been fixed in her apartment she can go back home. “I’m gonna miss you,” Shownu tells her the day of her departure. “Of course you are, cause I’m your only friend,” she laughs at him while he pouts. She gives him a hug and he pecks her on the cheek. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow anyways so no big deal.” She heads to Wonho’s room to grab her bag full of clothes, and finds him laying on his bed playing games on his phone. She lays down on top of him and sighs. “I guess you’re happy that you can sleep in your own bed again,” she points out. He wraps his arms around her and pecks her lips. “I’ll miss having you around here though,” he responds, “but I’ll come over tomorrow so we can start watching our show again.” She giggles and rolls off of him. “I’m gonna go now then, I have to meet up with Lisa this afternoon,” she says standing up. Wonho gets up and pulls her in for a tight hug, kissing the top of her forehead. She holds him close for several minutes, then heads out back home. 

 

Once at home Rosé unpacks her bag, does some laundry and texts Lisa to come over. She arrives 10 minutes later. “Haven’t seen you in a while, I’ve been lonely,” Lisa complains. “You’ve had your cats, plus I’ve been sick and living with Wonho cause the heating here was broken,” she explains. “Ah, but it’s nice and warm now.” They lay down on Rosé’s bed and Rosé catches Lisa up with everything that’s happened. 

 

“So Chanyeol is being nice to you now?” Lisa asks. “He was the day I met up with them, but I haven’t seen them since then,” she responds. “I mean, maybe he’s given up being rude because of everything that happened with Eunae, he probably felt bad for being mean.” Rosé agrees and then continues to tell Lisa about her relationship with Wonho. Lisa is quite happy with the relationship but wants to meet him. “I’m meeting up with all of them tomorrow for their last music show for this comeback, come along.” “I would be honoured to meet some more very handsome men, when I met up with EXO that one time I was truly blessed,” Lisa says giggling. They end up talking the rest of the afternoon about what they’ll do tomorrow and what to wear for when Lisa meets Monsta X and Rosé’s boyfriend. 

 

In the morning they both shower and pick outfits for each other to wear. Rosè grabs Lisa black skinny jeans, a turquoise blouse with a white fleece coat and big glasses. “This is super cute! Thanks Rosie!” Lisa exclaims. She then puts on the outfit Lisa picked for her which consists of black jeans, a long sleeved turquoise cropped shirt and a light brown coat that goes down to her feet. Then the two best friends head out to meet up with Monsta X at the music show. 

 

The boys of Monsta X are already changed in their outfits for the last performance, all in burgundy bottoms, and black leather tops, when Lisa and Rosé walk into the changing room. “Guys, this is my best friend Lisa. She’s going to chill with us today, and she really wanted to meet Wonho,” Rosé says. The boys we’ll introduce themselves to Lisa then go about their business waiting for the show to start. Wonho walks up to the girls smiling at both of them. “I’m glad I get to finally meet you,” Lisa tells Wonho. “Likewise,” he responds. “Wow Rosie their outfits are so nice,” Lisa says. “She knows our style by now, it’s been two years,” Wonho says smiling, pecking Rosé on her cheek which causes her to blush. The guys then head out to do their performance. 

 

“You and Wonho are sooo cute Rosie! I like him,” Lisa exclaims. “Thanks, I really like him,” Rosé responds. The two girls spend their time talking and playing card games while they wait for the guys to return. Once they’re finished they come back to the changing room covered in sweat. Shownu runs towards Rosé and gives her a big hug. “Ewww you’re literally covered in sweat,” she complains removing his arms from around her body. “I know, that’s why I hugged you. I’m gonna go get changed,” he replies laughing. She frowns at his retreating figure. “I guess you don’t want a hug from me then?” Wonho asks. She shakes her head but gives him a kiss instead which causes him to smile brightly.

 

After they all get changed, they decide to go out for a dinner to celebrate the wins they got and finishing their album promotions. “We don’t really get a big break now since we have the music awards at the end of the month,” Minhyuk whines. “That’s true, but after that we can relax for a while,” Shownu tells him. They all head to the van, while the girls go to Rosé’s car and follow them to the restaurant. 

 

Once they all arrive at the restaurant they head to a VIP area in the back where a big table is set up with several grills already . Everyone takes a seat, Rosé goes to walk over to Wonho but Lisa beats her to it and sits in between him and Shownu. Rosé gives her an angry face but Lisa just mouths to her ‘I want to get to know him’ so she leaves it be. She then goes to sit in between Minhyuk and I.M. 

 

Everyone digs into the big meal that was prepared, grilling meat, eating rice and making wraps with kimchi, lettuce and meat. “Oh my god! This is just so yummy!” Rosé exclaims shoving a big lettuce wrap in . The guys laugh at how excited she gets over food. “Has she always been like this with food?” Minhyuk asks Lisa. She nods grinning at Rosé. “I’ve only known her a year longer than you guys but yes food is her passion, other than designing anyways,” Lisa explains. “Well Rosie eats well, just like Wonho. He eats the most out of all of us. They’re perfect to go on dates together and just eat for hours,” Shownu says laughing. Rosé looks up from her food and smiles at Wonho, who’s currently eating his fourth bowl of rice. 

 

Dinner lasts two hours and everyone eats to their hearts content, happy with Monsta X’s success on their promotions and excitement for the upcoming music awards. “Hey Lisa, do you wanna come back to our dorm and watch movies with us?” Shownu asks. Lisa looks to back to Rosé and sees her and Wonho talking amongst themselves. She turns back to Shownu and nods. “Sure, why not.” “Hey lovebirds!” Shownu calls out, causing Wonho and Rosé to look over at him, “we’re leaving and Lisa is coming with us.” “Oh okay, call me tomorrow Lisa,” Rosé says and Lisa agrees. 

 

Wonho and Rosé drive back to her apartment and head upstairs. “Wow it’s actually warm in here!” Wonho exclaims. Rosé laughs and goes to hang up her coat. “Did you want something to drink?” She asks him. “Hmmm what are the options miss bartender?” He asks, leaning with his elbows on top of the bar in the kitchen. “I can make you something alcoholic, non alcoholic, warm, cold, you pick,” she replies. “I’ll take something alcoholic, I like anything,” he tells her, “I’ll go set up the tv so we can watch the show.” He turns around, sits on the couch and turns the tv on. 

 

A few minutes later, Rosé hands him a tall glass with a yellow drink in it, a straw and a slice of pineapple. “I wonder what this is,” he says smiling at her, she sits down next to him and takes a sip of her own drink. “It’s really yummy, if I may say so myself,” she tells him. He takes a sip and a look of surprise is evident on his face, it’s delicious. “It’s a Piña Colada,” she tells him, “I thought we could have a tropical drink and just pretend it isn’t freezing outside.” “Cheers to that,” Wonho says clinking his glass against hers. 

 

Wonho then turns on the tv and they watch several episodes of their show together. Time flys by but since they both had a few drinks Rosé decided it’s best for Wonho to stay over for the night. “Alright, I’m super tired so we should go to bed,” Rosé says, getting up off the couch and grabbing Wonho’s hand to pull him up. He stands up and wraps his arms around her in an embrace. “What are you doing?” She says, holding onto his arms. “Hugging you, I love you Rosie,” he responds. She freezes up at his response, they’ve only been dating a little over a month and he’s saying this already? She knows that she’s known him for years and all the guys say they love her but does he mean it differently now? 

 

Wonho lets go of her and pecks her cheek, then heads to the bathroom to wash up and get ready for bed. “Do you have any clothes I can wear?” He asks her when he’s finished in the bathroom. “Uhm, I have one big shirt that I got from Chanyeol months ago, I don’t know if you wanna wear that,” she tells him. “I’ll just not wear a shirt, are you okay with that?” She nods her head and goes to the bathroom to put on her pyjamas. Wonho lays down in her bed while waiting, and wonders why she has Chanyeol’s shirt here and why he would need to give her a shirt. When she returns and lays down next to him, he clears his head and pulls her close to himself, kissing her forehead. She wraps her arms around his waist and lays her head down on his chest. 

 

The following morning Wonho leaves before Rosé wakes up, all he can think about is why Chanyeol gave Rosé his shirt. He goes back to the dorm, gets dressed in ripped jeans and a baggy shirt and heads to EXO’s dorm. He knocks on the door and to his surprise Chanyeol, the one he came to talk to, opens the door. He looks shocked to see Wonho at their dorm, but let’s him in anyway. “So, you want to talk to me? No one else is here, they’re practicing,” Chanyeol tells him. “You’re not practicing with them?” Wonho asks taking a seat in the living room across from Chanyeol. “No, I wasn’t feeling super great so I stayed here. Now, tell me what’s up.” 

 

“I wanted to ask you about your feelings for Rosé,” Wonho says. Chanyeol stares at him for a minute or two wondering why he’s asking him this and says, “I used to have feelings for her but stayed away from her since I knew it wouldn’t work out dating an idol like me.” “So you don’t have any feelings for her anymore?” “Well, as a friend but I don’t even think she sees me as one. We had a falling out months ago and it’s been awkward ever since then,” Chanyeol explains. 

 

After talking for a little bit longer mostly about work Wonho decides to leave. Chanyeol feels strange after their conversation, why did Wonho ask so many questions about his feelings towards Rosé? He now suspects that Rosé and Wonho might be together and she must’ve mentioned their ‘relationship’ to him. Why else would Wonho be so protective over her all of a sudden? Chanyeol feels a sense of regret thinking that if Wonho and Rosé are dating and it worked out, then he could’ve gotten together with her all those months ago if he wasn’t such a jerk.