Chapter 12

Working alongside EXO

The next week passes quickly and Got7 has their long anticipated comeback. “I’m so proud of you guys, this mini album is amazing!” Rosé exclaims. “Thank you for all of your help Rosie. You don’t even know how much we appreciate you,” JB tells her. She smiles and kisses him on the cheek. “I know.” 

 

After the first couple days of promotions Rosé can’t stop thinking of Wonho and his number being changed. She can’t help but think it’s because of her. One day after Got7’s schedule she pulls Jackson and Jinyoung aside and heads to Monsta X’s dorm. They sit in a car outside scoping out the place for a while. “What are we doing exactly?” Jackson asks, “are you going to go inside?” “Should I?” Rosé responds. Jackson shrugs. “I don’t even know why we’re here.” “Okay, Wonho may have been the one who broke up with me. There I told you, don’t judge.” Jackson’s mouth opens wide, shocked. 

 

She sighs and right when she unbuckles her seatbelt to get out of the car, Jinyoung grabs her and stops her. She turns around. “What is it?” She asks. “Look,” he says pointing at the front door. She looks over and sees Wonho with another girl, Jennie. They kiss each other intimately before heading down the front path holding hands. Rosé sits back and buckles her seatbelt. “Drive.” Jackson switches gears and drives them home. 

 

The following days throughout Got7 promoting, Rosé spends a lot of time in the changing room waiting for them. During this time she writes things down related to Wonho and how she currently feels, drained and lonely. “What’re you writing?” JB asks, grabbing her notebook. He reads over some of what she wrote and looks at her with a sad look on his face. “Are these lyrics?” She sighs and grabs the book back. “I don’t know what they are. Only two lines I can really sing,” she responds. He sits next to her and encourages her to sing for him. The other members gather to hear. 

 

“All my love is go-o-o-o-o-o-o-ne, All my love is gone,

Now you're dead and gone,” she sings. “Your voice is beautiful Rosé. I mean we already knew that from that incident months ago, but you wrote this and it sounds great,” JB says, “I didn’t know you were into songwriting now.” “Well I’m not. Not really I guess. I’m not sure, I’ve just been writing how I’ve been feeling lately. But it sounds better when I sing it rather than say it,” she explains. “What else do you got?” He asks and they discuss some more of what she wrote. 

 

Later that night Rosé decided to visit EXO’s dorm. “Hey Rosie! We saw you on tv, everyone is talking about the famous designer who has a hidden singing voice,” Suho tells her as she walks in the front door. “They’re still talking about that video of me singing? That was ages ago, I thought people forgot about that,” she responds. Suho shrugs his shoulders. “I guess not.” “I was hoping I could talk to Chanyeol, is he around?” She asks taking a seat on the couch. 

 

Suho sits across from her and smiles. “He’ll be around, he went out a little while ago. You’ve been hanging around Chanyeol a lot huh? Anything I should know about?” “No, there’s nothing going on between us. We’ve just become close friends after the music awards last year I suppose,” she responds. “You always want to talk to him instead of the rest of us, I was just wondering.” He turns on the tv and they watch Got7’s performance followed by Rosé’s image on the screen and her singing video played as they talk about her being Got7’s designer for the upcoming tour as well. 

 

A little while later Chanyeol comes back with a big white box in his hands. “Hey. I didn’t know you were stopping by today,” he says heading to the kitchen. A few minutes later he comes back holding a gorgeous red velvet cheesecake with lit birthday candles on it. He sings happy birthday to Rosé who seems surprised with the gesture. She blows out the candles after making a wish and looks up at Chanyeol. “I’m pretty sure my birthday was over a month ago,” she laughs. “I know. But you’ve been busy and I honestly didn’t know you’d be here,” He responds. He sticks his finger in the icing and wipes it on her nose as she giggles and cleans it off. 

 

The rest of the members come to the living room all with gifts for Rosé and wanting a piece of the cake. “You guys are the absolute best! Thank you so much,” she says giving them all separate hugs. Lastly Chanyeol gives his gift to her which is a silver necklace with a small guitar attached to the chain. “It’s beautiful,” she says surprised, and gets up to give him a hug. He squeezes her tightly and kisses the top of her head before letting her go. “I knew you’d like it,” he says. 

 

While everyone is preoccupied with eating cake and snacks Rosé pulls Suho aside to the kitchen. “I wanted to talk to you about something. I feel bad because I’ve only been hanging out with Chanyeol rather than the rest of you guys and I only noticed it when you mentioned it to me earlier,” she starts but Suho cuts her off. “It’s okay, I’m not upset or anything.” “I know, but there’s something I haven’t told you guys and I have told him. I didn’t tell you that I was dating Wonho from Monsta X for several months.” She looks up at him but to her surprise his face looks calm. “Why are you not surprised?” She asks. “Kai was worried about you, so he told me about it,” he admits. “Do the others know?” He nods explaining that he thought it was best they knew so they wouldn’t say anything insensitive to her. 

 

They return to the living room. “I had a feeling you were seeing someone from Monsta X a couple months ago when you were preoccupied with them a lot,” Kyungsoo says. “Was it really that obvious?” She asks. “Yeah but we didn’t know who, we just guessed. To be honest our main suspect was Shownu.” “Really? Shownu is like the big brother I never had,” she laughs. “So I guess you’re dating Wonho then, I don’t even know which one that is,” Baekhyun admits. She looks down sadly before sighing and telling them that he broke up with her a little while ago. “How dare he? And he’s moved on already? What a ,” Suho says. “Well I don’t want you to worry about me, I’ll be fine in time,” she replies. 

 

Chanyeol drives Rosé home because it’s already very late at night. When they get to her apartment she invites him inside for a little bit. They sit on the couch and talk. “So you feel a bit better now that all the guys know?” He asks her. She nods. “It’s like a weight lifted off my shoulders,” she says, “thanks for being there for me, like always. Even when I’m rude to you.” “Of course, I’ll always be here for you Rosie. Come here.” She shuffles closer to him on the couch and he wraps his arms around her pulling her close. She takes in the scent of his cologne and sighs wrapping her arms around him. They stay like this for a couple minutes then she pulls away and looks up at him. “I should probably go to bed, I still have lots to do tomorrow with Got7. The tour starts in 2 months.” “Okay.” She walks him to the door and he kisses the top of her head before leaving. 

 

Rosé takes a hot shower, puts on her pyjamas and lays down on her bed. She thinks about Chanyeol wondering what would’ve happened if she got together with him all those months ago instead of Wonho. But then she remembers that Chanyeol was not the nicest to her when they first met, they only became close during the music awards in December. Plus she thinks that a relationship right now is the last thing she needs. 

 

 

The next 2 months fly by and it’s one day before Got7 leaves the country for their tour. Rosé and the rest of Got7 are beyond excited for what’s to come over the next 4 months. They already had their first 2 shows in Korea so the next stop is Bangkok. Rosé decides to go to the hairdresser to dye her hair before they leave tomorrow. She picks a light pink colour, hoping it will make her happier. 

 

Rosé has been working on the lyrics of her song but ended up getting stuck and never continued writing. She decides to talk to JB when they have some time off throughout the tour, maybe he can help her. She meets up with Got7 to go over last minute things. “You ready to go to Thailand tomorrow Rosé?” Bambam asks. She nods excitedly. “I cannot wait!” “Well we will see you early tomorrow morning then, get some sleep,” JB tells her and she heads back to her apartment. 

 

After packing the rest of her luggage she takes a long shower, dries off her hair and changes into a large sweatshirt and black leggings. She then sits in the living room watching tv for a little while, until a knock on the door startles her. She gets up and opens the door without hesitation, surprised to see Wonho and Shownu standing before her. She tries to close the door but Shownu stops her before she can. “Please let us come in Rosé, we just want to talk.” She sighs and goes back to sit on her chair in the living room, the two men sitting on her couch. 

 

“Well? What is it?” She asks. “We wanted to see how you were doing, we know the tour started and you’re going to leave soon,” Shownu says. “You keep saying we but I’m pretty sure it’s just you that feels this way Shownu,” she says before turning to look at Wonho, “I don’t understand why you’re here at all. I know you’ve moved on so why bother coming to see me?” “I made him come, so he can apologize.” “Okay you both need to leave,” she says standing and walking back to the door. “What? Why?” Shownu asks. “Are you serious? You’re not his parent, you don’t need to make him do anything. He’s a grown man and if he’s not mature enough to do it himself then fine. I honestly don’t care anymore. Just get out. Now.” She opens the door to reveal EXO standing on her doorstep. They all look shocked at Rosé being angry and Wonho and Shownu looking confused. 

 

Shownu sighs then leaves bringing Wonho with him, who didn’t even say a word to Rosé. The members of EXO gather in her living room while Rosé goes to her room to cool down. Suho knocks on the door and enters, sitting next to her on the bed. She looks over at him with tears in her eyes. “I thought I was over all this , and just seeing him,” she cries unable to finish the sentence. He wraps his arm around her as she cries, the rest of the guys join them and hug Rosé. A couple minutes later she wipes her tears and sighs. 

 

“I’m sorry guys. I knew I was gonna be upset tonight but not for this reason at all.” “Upset? Why?” Suho asks. “I won’t be able to see you guys for 4 months, what am I gonna do?” They laugh and everyone heads back to her living room where they laid out snacks on the table. “I’m sure you will manage. Plus you’re going to get even more famous after this tour,” Chanyeol tells her. “We’ll see about that Chanyeol,” she replies. 

 

A little while later Rosé yawns and rests her head on Suho’s shoulders. “We should probably let you get to sleep. Your flight is early tomorrow morning,” he says. She sits up and sighs. “I’m really going to miss you guys.” She gives them all long hugs and they head back to their dorm. 

 

At 4.30 in the morning Rosé turns off her alarm feeling tired. She gets out of bed and puts on sweatpants and a hoodie. Her airport fashion is really casual since it’s so early. She grabs her luggage and heads to the airport meeting Got7 there. Surprisingly there are lots of fans outside the airport as well as reporters. And they’re not just there for Got7, there are also fans for Rosé. She ends up signing some photos people found of her on the internet and taking some photos with them too. Lots of them comment on her pretty hair colour and style. 

 

“Thank you! This isn’t any special style, I was just lazy and didn’t think there’d be so many people here. If I did I would’ve dressed up,” she tells them. “Oh my god Rosé! You look beautiful either way! You’re gorgeous and you’re an amazing singer!” They shout out. She blushes and smiles. “Thank you, that means a lot to me,” she replies. 

 

After a little bit she heads inside and gets checked in. Once on the plane she gets seated and reads a book while waiting for the guys. Eventually they come and take their seats. Mark sits next to Rosé, he’s wearing a beanie, sunglasses, a large hoodie and ripped jeans. “Took you guys long to get here, did you get held up by fans?” She asks. They nod. “Lots were asking about you and how close we are,” JB tells her. “I saw a bunch of them, and they were so kind to me. I didn’t think they’d be excited to see me as well as you guys,” she admits. “They must’ve been shocked by your pink hair,” Jackson says, “my eyes are still adjusting.” The others laugh at this while Rosé pouts. “It’s not even bright pink, it’s a baby pink I guess.” “It’s brighter than baby pink,” Jackson retaliates laughing. 

 

Rosé sleeps on the flight and soon enough they arrive in Bangkok. After walking through crowds of fans they arrive at their hotel in the afternoon and get cleaned up for dinner. Rosé puts a short, white strapless dress on and a pair of heels. She then heads to dinner with the guys somewhere in downtown Bangkok. 

 

“So Bambam, you can order for me cause I love anything but you know what’s good here,” Rosé tells him as they look over the menus. “Definitely have some Tom Yum soup, it’s so good! You’ll love it!” He suggests. She agrees and he orders all their food since only Bambam knows how to speak Thai. 

 

“I’m so glad that we’re going on this tour with you Rosie,” Mark says, “it’s been too long since we spent time together.” “Other than the past 4 months yeah,” she says laughing, “I know what you mean though. I’ve been so busy with EXO and Monsta X and all the drama. I sometimes miss the days before I met them when it was just me designing for you guys.” “But look at how far you’ve come, you’re so popular now,” JB says smiling at her, “we’ll never forget the 20 year old girl who came here not knowing how to speak Korean, yet wanting to be a stylist.” She sighs. “Those were the days.” 

 

After a delicious dinner they all head back to the hotel to sleep, tomorrow is going to be a big day. Rosé gets to her room, changes into pyjama shorts and a sports bra and texts Jackson and Jinyoung to come over. They arrive a couple minutes later and she lets them in. “You’re very exposed tonight Rosé,” Jackson says. “Hey! It’s hot in here, if you really want I’ll put a shirt on,” she replies. “It’s fine Rosie,” Jinyoung tells her and she smiles, then sticks her tongue out at Jackson. 

 

“So what’s up?” Jinyoung asks, as they sit on her bed. “Shownu and Wonho came to see me last night,” she says, “and I thought I might as well tell you two since you’re the only ones who know about our relationship.” “What happened?” Jackson asks her, extremely curious. “Nothing too interesting,” she says and explains what happened the prior night. “Well, good for you kicking them out,” Jinyoung tells her. She sighs. “I feel kind of bad to be honest. I know I shouldn’t, but Shownu is like my big brother, you guys know that. And seeing Wonho again just made me so upset, a part of me wanted him to apologize and hug me and say it’ll be alright, but the other part was still angry and that’s what came out.” “Hey, listen I’m sure Shownu knows you’re not upset with him. As for Wonho, being away from him for 4 months might help you get over these feelings,” Jackson says. 

 

The following day passes by quickly and the first concert in Bangkok approaches. Rosé spends most of the evening running around helping the guys get their outfits on properly and changing several times. At the end of the concert, they ask her to come out since they thank all of their staff. She didn’t want to come out but they all insisted so she does. 

 

“Ah here she is, a big thank you to our amazing stylist and good friend Rosé,” Jackson says, as all the members gather around her for a group hug. The fans cheer so loud for her and the guys. “Without her, we would look horrible,” Youngjae tells the fans, who continue cheering and shouting out their names. Then they all shout out they want her to sing. Bambam goes up to Rosé and tells her but she shakes her head vehemently. “No, I’m way too nervous,” she says. “Don’t worry, we’ll be right here,” he reassures her. “Give us a few minutes,” Jackson says to the fans as they head backstage. 

 

“You guys are insane! I will not be singing for thousands of your fans!” She exclaims. “They want you to, come on Rosé,” JB says. “What will I sing then? I’m not done my song yet.” “Sing your cover,” Youngjae says, “that’s what they all liked so much all those months ago.” Jackson pulls Rosé aside pretending to do her measurements before giving her an outfit. She looks at it and smiles. “I made this ages ago, when did you find this?” She asks, looking down at the clothes. She’s holding high waisted black shorts covered in glitters, a black glittered bra lined with gold glitters and a see through cardigan with golden star designs on it. “A while ago, I knew it would come handy,” he replies, “now go get changed we’ll get the rest arranged.” 

 

A couple minutes later they all head back to the stage and Bambam introduces Rosé again to the fans who cheer loudly. “She hasn’t written any songs yet, but she will gladly sing the covers,” he says. JB sits down behind the piano and begins playing the song. Rosé smiles, sitting on top of the piano with a pink microphone in her hand. The fans call out her name and then she begins singing.

 

 

Back in Korea, the members of EXO turn on the tv to watch Got7’s concert in Thailand. “It’s already finished,” Sehun sighs. “Wait, it’s not done yet. Is that Rosé singing?” Kai points out, he grabs the remote from Suho’s hands and turns up the volume. They all lean closer to the tv and notice it is her. “I wonder how they managed to get her to perform in front of thousands of people,” Chanyeol says. 

 

Rosé on the tv gets off the piano halfway through the song and walks along the stage singing to her hearts content. The fans screaming so loud. “She looks beautiful, I bet you she made that outfit,” Suho says. The others all agree. 

 

 

Rosé finishes her performance, thanking the fans, and going backstage with Got7. She takes out her in ears and grabs a towel to wipe her sweaty face. She turns to the guys, who expect her to get upset with them but she does the opposite. “That was amazing! Oh my god, what a rush! And they actually liked me singing for them,” she exclaims and they smile at her happiness. “Now you know what it’s like,” Jackson tells her and gives her a tight hug. “Thank you for making me do that, I’m still not going to change careers though,” she says. “We don’t expect you to, singing is a hobby of yours. One you’re amazing at,” JB tells her. 

 

The next day there isn’t a concert so everyone decides to relax. Rosé sleeps in since her hotel bed is so comfortable, once she wakes up she orders room service and gets a Thai breakfast delivered to her. Then Chanyeol FaceTimes her. 

 

“Hey.” 

“How’s Thailand? I saw you on tv last night.”

“It’s very hot here, and yeah that wasn’t planned.”

“You were amazing. Didn’t even look nervous.”

“You don’t even know how nervous I was. Won’t be doing that again.”

“Really? You seemed so in your element on the stage.”

“You know what my true passion is, singing is on a back burner for me.”

“What are you doing today?”

“Exploring Thailand I guess. I don’t really know.”

“Alright, well everyone says hi and they miss you.”

“I miss you all too, bye.”

 

She hangs up the call and finishes eating breakfast. Then she decides to go to Mark’s room and see what he’s doing. She knocks on the door and he lets her in right away. “Hey, what’s up?” He asks, walking over to the bed and getting comfortable on it. “Nothing, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me,” she responds sitting on the edge of the bed. “Like a date?” He asks shocked, “I never thought you’d ask.” She laughs and lays down. “Is that a yes then?” He nods his head and gets up. “Are you going to get changed then?” He asks looking her up and down with his eyes. She looks down at her clothes and realizes she’s still in her pyjamas. 

 

An hour later Rosé, now dressed in a white crop top and long jeans, and Mark are walking through the streets of Bangkok. “Are you not sweating?” Rosé asks him, looking at his outfit. “I’m used to hot weather, remember I’m from LA. Wearing jeans and long sleeved shirts in this heat is normal to me,” he explains. “Speaking of Los Angeles I can’t wait till we go there. While we’re there we should go to universal studios, I’ve always wanted to,” she tells him. 

 

They end up going to the beach and taking photos of one another as well as together. “It’s beautiful here,” Rosé says, taking a sip of her drink staring at the beach and the ocean beyond. They decided to sit on a terrace for drinks. “I’m glad we’re going to be staying here for a while before our performance in Macau. That’s not till June so it’ll be like having a mini vacation,” he says. “True! I forgot about that.” Before heading back to the hotel the two take a long walk along the beach as the sun sets. 

 

“This would be a perfect thing to do for a real date,” Mark says as they’re walking. “Yeah that’s true. for us, single forever,” she replies. “You’ll find someone Rosie, someone worth your love and who appreciates you,” he tells her. She smiles and wraps her arm around his waist as he rests his arm around her shoulders. “I’m sure you will too Mark.”