Chapter 16

Working alongside EXO

Chanyeol and Rosé head back to the living room, their suspicions were correct regarding dinner’s arrival. They grab plates and fill them up with lots of food from the buffet the guys ordered earlier. “We heard yelling, did you decide not to date him after all?” Baekhyun says laughing. “No, it’s not that. I thought I lost my necklace I was freaking out about it this morning but turns out Chanyeol had taken it,” Rosé explains. “So you’re officially a couple now?” Suho asks and they nod, “that’s good although I should let you know some people think Rosé and I are a nice couple cause we’re very attractive.” Rosé laughs, but Chanyeol just looks confused. 

 

She explains what happened at the spa and he understands. “And what else did I tell you at the spa Rosie?” Suho asks her. She thinks back and then smiles. “You said Chanyeol was going to ask me to be his girlfriend sooner rather than later. But you knew about this didn’t you? So does it really count?” “No, I didn’t know he was doing this. I was out all day with you, so I was right once again. I’m a fortune teller when it comes to you two,” Suho says. They all laugh and continue eating their dinner. 

 

After everything is eaten and cleaned up Chanyeol and Rosé go back to his room. “Okay, firstly I got my nails done,” she says showing him the blue nails with clouds on them. “Pretty.” “And then since we’re going to Thailand, I bought some clothes to bring along since it’s going to be nice weather there.” She shows him the clothes she bought. “You bought a lot of clothes for only 2 days,” he comments. “I know, I’ll have to decide which ones I want to bring with me. I’m going to go home now I think, I should wash my clothes so I can wear them this weekend,” she tells him. Chanyeol grabs her hands and pulls her onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her his chin on her shoulder. “I haven’t seen you all day, don’t go yet,” he says pouting. “Well if you want to come home with me I wouldn’t mind the company,” she says and he smiles. “Good idea. I’ll help with the laundry.” 

 

Rosé gets up and puts the clothes back in her shopping bags before they head to her apartment. “Lisa’s not here,” she says after looking in the guest room, “I guess we’re alone.” Chanyeol hugs her from behind and kisses her cheek. “Isn’t that a good thing?” “True, it is.” She turns around and pecks his lips, he grins. “I’ll go put your things in the laundry, do you want to pick out a movie to watch?” “Sure,” she agrees.  She picks a movie and when Chanyeol returns she turns it on. Rosé curls up next to Chanyeol resting her head against his shoulder. After the movie and the laundry are both finished Rosé sighs and lays down on her bed. “You tired?” Chanyeol asks sitting down next to her. “Yeah, I should get some sleep. I got lots of work to do tomorrow,” she replies. “I’ll get going then.” He kisses her head and heads out. 

 

The following morning Rosé heads to work, somewhere she hasn’t been in a long time. She drops off her things in her office before heading to a work station, she decides to make some more detailed sketches of the outfits for EXO’s music video. They each have a couple different outfits but she isn’t sure who will wear what yet. The sketches take her a couple hours and then she has to head out to meet with Monsta X since their comeback is a couple weeks before EXO. 

 

She meets up with them at their company building in a conference room. She’s quite nervous to see them all again especially Wonho, she doesn’t know if the circumstances of their relationship affected her friendship with the other members. Although she knows at least Shownu still loves her and that’s enough. Rosé opens the door to the conference room and is instantly welcomed by all the members. 

 

“Rosé!” They shout and all of them come to give her hugs, even Wonho hugs her which feels strange but normal. “Wow! I was not expecting this kind of welcome,” she tells them as they sit down at the table. “We missed you so much Rosie,” Hyungwon tells her. “Yeah, this is the longest we haven’t seen you. It’s crazy,” Minhyuk says. “True.” “How’ve you been?” Shownu asks. “Good, I’m just getting back into work now. I had an accident a little while ago but I’m all better so don’t worry,” she adds upon seeing their worried faces. 

 

They start getting to work with the members explaining all of the details regarding their comeback and playing her the album. “It’s amazing, I love it!” She exclaims, “but aren’t you guys pretty late mentioning this to me? Your comeback is in a month, I gotta rush this I suppose.” “We’ve only just come back from our tour so we had no time to tell you sooner,” Wonho says quietly causing Rosé to look up at him. “It’s okay, I mean I can do it. I’ll just be very busy is all, EXO is having a new album as well.” 

 

After working for a long time they invite her to dinner which she agrees to. They head to a Korean bbq nearby. “I can’t remember the last time I had this, it’s so delicious,” Rosé says putting some meat in a lettuce leaf and eating it. While the rest of the guys talk amongst themselves Wonho, sitting next to Rosé, tries to start a conversation with her. “So you’re doing okay then?” He asks, she turns to look at him full and nods. “If you mean after you broke my heart, yeah. I mean I was upset for quite a while but I’m doing much better now. And no, I’m not mad at you anymore. I’ve gotten over that, we’re friends right?” He smiles and agrees. “Good.” 

 

When dinner is finished they’re all standing outside discussing what to do next. Rosé’s phone rings at that moment. “Sorry guys, hang on.” She picks it up knowing it’s Chanyeol. 

“Hey, what’s up?”

“I was wondering if you want to just spend tonight together since we’re leaving so early in the morning.”

“Oh sure. That’s a good idea. Did you want to come to my place?” 

“Yeah, I can get there in like 10 minutes.” 

“Alright I’ll head home.” 

 

She hangs up and turns to the guys who’re all curious to know who she was talking to. “I have to go, I still got some packing to do. I’m going to Thailand tomorrow for the weekend,” she tells them. “With Lisa?” Shownu asks. She nods. “Yeah, Kai and Chanyeol are coming too. I’ll meet with you guys when I get back and we can continue working on things.” “Okay sounds good.” They all give her hugs before leaving. Shownu drives Rosé back to her apartment, once they get there he notices Chanyeol waiting in the lobby. 

 

“What’s Chanyeol doing here?” He asks. “He’s staying over tonight since we’re flying early in the morning,” she explains. “Oh okay. Well have a good trip,” he says kissing her on the cheek before she gets out. “Thanks Shownu.” She closes the car door and meets up with Chanyeol in the lobby. He kisses her on her forehead and grabs her hand as they go to the elevator. Shownu sees all this and suspects something may have blossomed between the two of them. He decides to keep it to himself for now. 

 

Chanyeol sleeps in the guest room that night and at 3am they wake up in order to get to the airport on time. Rosé pulls on long jeans with a black crop top and a grey cardigan, while Chanyeol puts on a simple white t shirt and black pants. Jongin and Lisa pick them up and drive them to the airport. “Are you nervous?” Rosé asks Lisa in the car. “Slightly, but I’m really hoping you guys being there will make it better.” “Do they know you’re bringing us along as well?” Chanyeol asks. Jongin and Lisa look at each other in panic. “Uhhh no. We forgot to tell them, but I’m sure it’ll be fine.” “Lisa, are you being serious? Do we need to book a hotel?” Rosé says. “No no, we’ll just see when we get there. Don’t worry.” “Wait, what did you tell them then?” “I just said I’m bringing my boyfriend over to meet them. They’ll figure out it’s him once we get there I suppose,” Lisa explains. 

 

The flight isn’t very long but they all spend it sleeping since it’s so early in the morning. When they arrive they take a taxi to Lisa’s parents house. They bring their luggage inside and her parents come downstairs to greet them. “Lisa! We’ve missed you so much,” her mom exclaims giving her a hug, “oh and you brought Rosé!” “Hey guys! I know I haven’t been here in a long while. I brought my boyfriend along as well, is that okay?” “Of course, nice to meet you both,” they say bowing to Chanyeol and Jongin who bow back.  

 

“Why don’t you all get settled in and unpack, then we can talk and have something to eat,” Lisa’s dad suggests. “Rosé, we didn’t know you were coming and  bringing someone as well. Are you okay to share the guest room with your boyfriend?” Rosé nods and grabs Chanyeol’s hand leading the way. “Lisa will stay in her room with you,” her dad tells Jongin who agrees and follows Lisa upstairs. 

 

“So,” Chanyeol says putting their suitcase on the bed, “that was kind of awkward.” “It’ll be fine. Let’s quickly unpack and head downstairs,” she replies. He nods. They go to the outdoor dining area where Lisa’s parents have put lots of delicious food. Since her father is a chef, Rosé is extra excited because she knows how good the food is that he makes. 

 

“You are Rosé’s boyfriend?” Lisa’s mom asks Chanyeol when they sit down. He nods. “Yes, my name is Park Chanyeol. It’s nice to meet you, and thank you for allowing us to stay here,” he responds. “He’s very charming Rosé,” she says giving Rosé a look which she laughs at. “How long have you two been together?” “Not very long, but we’ve known each other for a year now,” Rosé explains. Lisa and Jongin then come outside to join them. “Daddy, mama this is my boyfriend Kim Jongin,” Lisa says and Jongin bows again to them. “It’s nice to meet you both,” he says and they smile. 

 

Everyone takes their seats at the table and dig in to the food. “Rosé, how is your fashion career going? Lisa’s told us you recently went on tour with a boy group,” her dad says. “Yeah I did. It’s going really well. I’m always working lately, there seems to be constant comebacks happening so I have to design lots of clothes for the idols,” Rosé explains to them. “That’s wonderful. And Lisa’s career in dancing is going well. We are so proud of her.” Rosé smiles and takes another mouthful of rice. “Chanyeol, what do you do for a living?” Lisa’s mom asks. “Oh, I’m an idol actually. That’s how I met Rosé, she’s been designing for the group I’m in,” he says. “Really? What group is that?” “EXO.” “I don’t think I’ve heard of them, maybe you can show us a video,” her dad suggests and Rosé tenses up. 

 

Chanyeol looks up their Kokobop music video on his phone and shows it to Lisa’s parents. “Ohhh I think I’ve heard of this group. Very popular in Korea. But wait, is that Jongin?” Her mom asks, looking from the screen up at Jongin sitting across from her, “are you two both kpop idols?” Chanyeol grabs his phone and sits down again. “We are,” Jongin says. “You didn’t tell us that Lisa, just like you didn’t tell us about your relationship with him either,” her dad says angrily, “how long have you been together?” “9 months,” Lisa mumbles. 

 

“I think we should go,” Rosé whispers to Chanyeol as Lisa’s parents begin to increase the level of their voices. She grabs his hand and they discreetly leave, heading to the beach nearby. 

 

“Well, I don’t think we helped much,” Chanyeol says. “No, I didn’t really think we would. Their situation is a whole lot different than ours,” Rosé replies holding onto his arm. “It’s pretty here.” They walk along the beach, the sun setting in the distance. “I actually walked on this very beach before with Mark when we were on tour. We were talking about how it would be romantic to be here with someone on a date, but we were both single,” she tells him, “he said I’d find someone eventually who is worth my love and appreciates me.” “And you have now?” Chanyeol asks. She hits his arm playfully. “You know I have silly. I’m glad I did, I don’t know what I’d do without you Park Chanyeol,” she says, he leans down to kiss her and she smiles as they kiss. “What? Are you laughing at my kissing skills?” He asks. “No, I’m just happy I can’t not smile.” She pulls him by the neck and kisses him again, which he responds to happily. 

 

Later they sit in a couple wooden beach chairs watching the sun go down slowly. “You know when I think back on the tour I was really worried about my feelings for you,” Rosé tells him. “Really? What do you mean?” “Every time we’d call or text, I’d get the feeling that you liked me more than a friend. Sometimes I felt a certain way towards you as well but it kept freaking me out. I was so worried about the past I didn’t think I’d ever move on and be able to date an idol again you know?” “Yeah, I got pretty worried too. Especially when you sang the song you wrote. It made it seem like you weren’t over Wonho,” Chanyeol says. “It was just a song, not all of the lyrics were about him,” she explains. 

 

She smiles at his jealousy and confusion. “We should probably head back, I’m sure they’re done yelling at them for now,” she says standing up and holding out her hand for him. He grabs it, standing and pulls her in for a hug. “You know how much I like you right?” “Yes, and I like you too,” she responds hugging him tightly. He kisses the top of her head and they go back to Lisa’s house. 

 

“I’ll go talk to Lisa, you check on Jongin,” she says as they head upstairs. “Hey, how did it go?” Rosé asks Lisa as she sits down on her bed with her. “Not good at all. They got pretty mad saying I was being reckless and not thinking about how dating an idol can affect my career. They don’t want this to go public because his fans may not like it and then it can cause problems for me,” Lisa explains. “Well you’ve been together for a long time now, almost a year and there haven’t been any issues have there?” Lisa shakes her head. “We never talked about announcing it to the world though, you never know how people will react when they hear he’s taken,” she tells her. “I mean your parents do make a point. But it’s your life so you should be able to love whomever you want,” Rosé says, “what’s your plan for tomorrow?” “We’re going to the street market so that I can prove people won’t always recognize Jongin wherever he goes,” Lisa replies. “Good idea. I’m guessing you don’t need us then?” Lisa shakes her head. “You two have fun.” 

 

Rosé heads back to her room after their talk and gets ready for bed. She puts on pyjama shorts and Chanyeol’s shirt that she took from him. He returns a couple minutes later finding her laying on the bed with her phone in her hands. “Nice shirt,” he says smirking. “Thanks, I’m keeping it.” “That’s fine, I got plenty more.” He puts on a shirt and shorts to bed as well and lays down next to her. “So, what did you want to do tomorrow?” He asks her. “Zip lining!” She exclaims, “I googled places and found a cool one in the forest.” “Sounds fun, we should get some sleep now then,” he responds wrapping his arms around her. She snuggles up next to him and gives him a kiss. “Goodnight.” 

 

The next morning Rosé wakes up to the soft pattering of rain on the windows. She yawns and stretches, turns over to see Chanyeol sleeping peacefully next to her. She kisses his nose waking him up. “Good morning beautiful,” he says, his voice somehow deeper in the morning. “Morning handsome, did you sleep well?” He nods. “I’m going to go take a shower,” she says getting up and bringing some clothes with her to the bathroom. She showers for a long time lost in her thoughts. When she’s finished she puts on some high waisted shorts and a white shirt, she puts her hair in two Dutch braids. 

 

Heading downstairs she finds Chanyeol dressed in  black shorts and a black muscle shirt. His arm muscles are showing very clearly, Rosé can’t help but blush. “What?” He asks her. “Nothing, you look good.” “So do you,” he says putting his hands on her waist giving her a kiss. “Where are the others?” She asks. “Probably left already, the weather doesn’t look too good. You sure you still want to go zip lining?” She nods smiling. “It’ll be more fun in the rain,” she replies. 

 

They rent a car and drive to the zip lining place, the instructors do the basic training with them and then it’s time to go. “There’s a decent amount of walking in between the different levels, and there’s 20 levels. It takes about 4 hours to go through it all,” the instructor tells them. “Okay, thank you,” Rosé replies. She takes Chanyeol’s hand after they put their gear on and they start following the guide through the forest. “At least it’s not pouring rain,” he says. “Yeah, that’s true.” They have to climb to a small platform in the trees and then they zip line across to the next level. “Oh my god! This is amazing!” Rosé shouts as she zooms to the next place. They keep going and later in the day the weather gets better. It’s still cloudy but no more rain is falling so it’s nicer out. 

 

“This was a great idea,” Chanyeol tells her as they’re walking to the last level. “I’m glad you think so, I’m soaking wet though. I’ll have to take another shower when we get back,” she says. “Or we could go to the beach,” Chanyeol suggests and she agrees. They complete the last level and Chanyeol drives them down to the beach. It starts raining again by the time they arrive. “This ,” Rosé says getting out of the car as they walk on the wet sand. “What do you mean? We can still go swimming,” he replies, and before she knows it Chanyeol picks her up in his arms and runs down to the water. “Oh my god! Park Chanyeol you’re crazy!” She yells hitting his back while he’s running. He runs straight into the water and lets her go. She turns to face him and glares. “I was wondering why you wanted to go to the beach even though we have no swimsuits with us,” she says. He swims closer to her and holds her close, their faces inches apart. “I’ve always wanted to swim in the rain, plus we can shower at home,” he says and leans in to give her a kiss. She kisses him back wrapping her arms around his neck. 

 

They chill in the water for a bit but it soon gets cold and their own body heat can’t help them anymore. So they get in the car soaking wet and drive home. As soon as they get back they both take long, hot showers  and put on their pyjamas. Lisa’s waiting on their bed when they’re both done. “Hey you two, how was your day?” She asks grinning at them. “Good, we went zip lining and we swam in the rain. Basically was soaking wet all day,” Rosé says drying her hair and putting it in a loose braid. “It was fun,” Chanyeol tells her smiling. “Well you both look very happy but I’m here to ruin your mood, cause our day ,” Lisa says as Jongin walks into the room and sits down on the bed. 

 

“Oh lord, what happened?” Rosé asks her. “Basically, we went to the market and then Jongin got recognized by a bunch of fans. My parents instantly walked away, obviously I pretended I didn’t know him in case they took photos. We met up with them back home and they were upset about the whole situation and ed about it for a while. I don’t know what we can do to convince them we’re a good couple and we’re happy,” she explains. “I don’t know Lisa. You’ve been together for a while, maybe just tell them how you truly feel about your relationship and see what they say. Just talk to them honestly,” Rosé suggests. Lisa nods agreeing with her best friend. 

 

“We’ll bring you up some leftovers from dinner,” she says and they head downstairs leaving Chanyeol and Rosé. “Ugh.” Rosé puts her head on his shoulder and grumbles. “I’m glad we don’t have this problem,” she says. “True, I know myfamily will love you. Speaking of my sister is getting married in a few weeks and I was wondering if you’d want to be my date?” “For real? Of course I would. I’m so excited!” She exclaims. “Some of the guys are coming as well.” Lisa and Jongin bring up their dinner and they eat in bed together while watching tv. 

 

“Since I picked today’s plans you get to pick what we do tomorrow,” Rosé tells Chanyeol after they finish their dinner. “Okay, I’ll do some research. I’ll keep it a surprise for tomorrow though. Are you good on boats?” She nods. “Are you?” She asks him. “Depends. I’ll be downstairs researching.” He grabs his laptop and goes downstairs. Rosé lays on the bed playing with her phone until a knock on the door makes her turn her head. She opens it and lets Lisa’s mom in her room. 

 

“What’s up?” Rosé asks. “I’m sure Lisa told you what happened today, and I wanted to talk to you about her but also about your relationship,” she says. “Okay.” “It doesn’t worry you that she is dating an idol? Because she’s been dating him for a while whereas you haven’t.” Rosé sighs contemplating what she should say. “I actually dated a different idol last year, it didn’t end well and it took me a while to open up to the idea again but I’m happy with Chanyeol even if it hasn’t been long yet,” she tells her. “I see, how are things between you two? Do you have problems with him being so famous especially in Korea?” Her mom asks. “No, it’s not a problem. We’ve been on a few dates and never had an issue with people recognizing him. So far no one has and it’s been fine,” Rosé explains. “Okay, you know I just want the best for my daughter right?” Rosé nods. “I understand your concern, but they’ve been happy together for this long so I don’t see a reason to ruin it for them,” she tells Lisa’s mom. Her mom sighs and leaves the room. 

 

Chanyeol returns a little while later and notices Rosé’s sour mood instantly. “What happened?” He asks causing her to look up at him. “Nothing, just Lisa’s mom coming in here to question our life decisions,” she responds. “Well I found fun things for tomorrow so be sure to get your rest,” he says smiling. “Thank you. I’m just going to sleep now.” She lays down on the bed and Chanyeol joins her, her head resting on his chest, his arms wrapped around her. 

 

Morning comes around and with it clouds, but luckily no rain. The weather isn’t ideal and definitely not what they expected to encounter in Thailand, Rosé rolls over in bed hitting Chanyeol’s face in the process. “Ow, what are you doing?” He asks her. “Sorry! I’m not used to sharing the bed,” she says laughing. “It’s okay.” He leans over and kisses her gently. “Are you excited for today?” He asks. She nods and gets out of bed so she can get changed. 

 

She puts her hair in two pigtails, pulls on ripped jean shorts and a grey striped cropped shirt. Chanyeol gets dressed as well and they head out after eating brunch. “So the beach again huh? You’re not throwing me in again are you?” Rosé asks. Chanyeol laughs and shakes his head. “No, of course not.” He explains that they’re going to be going parasailing, while one of them sits on the boat the other will be up in the sky and then switch afterwards. “Oooh that sounds so much fun!” Rosé exclaims. “Let’s go,” he says grabbing her hand and heading towards the boat. 

 

They hop on and as the boat sails away on the gorgeous blue water the instructors explain everything they need to know. “So who wants to go first?” He asks them when he’s finished. Rosé looks at Chanyeol smiling. “Ladies first,” he says. “Okay I’ll go,” she agrees. They get her all strapped in and soon enough she’s flying in the sky behind the boat as it zooms across the water. “Oh my god!” She exclaims, her hair blowing in the wind. Her time in the air lasts 10 minutes, in which she enjoys the beautiful views and the relaxing feeling going through her.

 

As she’s pulled back onto the boat she jumps into Chanyeol’s arms. “That was amazing! You’re going to love it!” He smiles and gives her a kiss before he goes up in the air. While Chanyeol is parasailing he feels extremely content, he thinks back to how things used to be between himself and Rosé and smiles knowing the relationship they have is precious. He’s so thankful she asked him to come this weekend because he believes it truly strengthened their relationship and to him it feels as if they’ve been together for months on end rather than a couple days. Finally when he returns to the boat, they have a chance to parasail together at the same time. 

 

Rosé holds onto Chanyeol’s hand as they go up, she can’t get the cheesy grin off her face. She’s so happy with how things are between them and can’t hide it. “I’m so glad you came up with this idea,” she shouts at him over the wind. “What?” He shouts back. They laugh at their attempt to talk through the raging wind. Realizing he can’t hear her she decides to yell something else. “I’m in love with Park Chanyeol!” But unsuspecting to her, Chanyeol did manage to catch that and he smiles to himself. As they’re brought back onto the boat and sailing to the shore, Rosé cuddles up next to Chanyeol. He wraps his arm around her and kisses the top of her head. The couple decides to eat lunch at a restaurant on the beach, now that the weather is starting to clear up and the sun is shining. 

 

Back at home Lisa and Jongin sit down with her parents for a talk. “We want to talk to you guys and just end the fighting about our relationship. I need you two to understand that Jongin and I have been happy with one another for a long time now. He’s helped me grow as a person and we’ve both learned so much from each other. I’m in love with him, and I’m honestly just disappointed that you guys are trying to ruin my relationship with him just because he’s an idol,” Lisa says. “Lisa, you need to understand that we just want what’s best for you and our belief is that this relationship you’re in right now may be good and all but when you think of the future you don’t know what’s going to happen. He’s always going to be an idol so a stable relationship and eventually marriage isn’t a consideration. You won’t have stability and there will always be people prying into your lives,” her mom tells her. Lisa sighs. “I hope you’re happy with what you’ve accomplished, having a daughter who can’t even look you in the eye. We’re leaving early tomorrow morning, don’t bother coming to the airport with us.” She grabs Jongin’s hand and they head out to meet with the others.

 

After they all meet up together and hangout at the beach for majority of the day, they head back to the house to get changed for the last event on Chanyeol’s schedule. “What should I wear?” Rosé asks Chanyeol as she looks through her luggage. “Here,” he says handing her a short, white, strapless dress, “I took it out of your closet before we left.” She laughs and goes to the bathroom to put it on. She straightens her hair, puts on some makeup and jewelry and some white high heels. As she goes back into their room she sees Chanyeol all dressed up too, wearing a blue Hawaiian blouse half ed with white pants. “So handsome,” she says going up to him giving him a kiss. 

 

Before they leave Rosé checks on Lisa to see how the conversation went earlier today. Lisa explains what happened and Rosé feels awful for her. “Wow I can’t believe they said all those things. Get dressed, let’s have a good last night here before we go back to reality,” Rosé tells her. Lisa agrees and pulls on a black dress with white stars all over it. “You look gorgeous,” Rosé says, “also there’s something else I need to talk to you about before we leave.” She tells Lisa all about her weekend with Chanyeol, how happy she’s felt and the fact that she yelled out that she’s in love with him. “Did he hear you?” Lisa asks. “I don’t think so, it was really loud he barely heard what else I said to him. It’s for the best, I guess it’s pretty early for me to say something like this to him. Wonho literally ended things because I wasn’t ready and didn’t say it to him,” Rosé says. “I don’t think it’s early at all. You’ve been in love with him for a while now, just because you only started dating a couple days ago doesn’t mean you can’t say it to him. I’m sure he feels the same way,” Lisa explains. Rosé smiles and gives her best friend a hug. “Thank you.” “Now let’s go, I want alcohol,” Lisa says. 

 

They meet up with the guys, Jongin dressed in a black blazer and pants with no shirt on. “You look y tonight,” Lisa tells him giving him a kiss. “So do you.” They head down to the beach where there’s currently a DJ, bar and dancing going on. “How’d you hear about this?” Rosé asks Chanyeol. “This was actually last minute, I saw a sign when we were having lunch and thought it’d be fun,” he admits. As soon as they arrive Lisa and Jongin head to the bar to get them all drinks. Rosé and Chanyeol sit on beach chairs and watch the people dancing. 

 

“Here, try this,” Lisa says handing Rosé a red coloured drink with a tiny umbrella. “What is it?” “Just drink it.” Rosé takes a sip, there’s definitely a lot of alcohol in it but it’s delicious. “Yummy,” she says smiling, “let’s go dance.” She grabs Chanyeol’s hand and drags him to the sandy dance floor. They dance together enjoying the music and each other’s presence. Rosé wraps her arms around Chanyeol’s neck and he pulls her close to him. “I’m in love with Park Chaeyoung,” he whispers in her ear. She blushes and pulls away to look at his face, he’s grinning. “You heard me didn’t you?” She asks and he nods. “That part I did hear,” he tells her. “I’m glad you feel the same way,” she says. “Of course I do. And if anything this weekend away together has made me love you more.” He leans down and kisses her slowly, for a long time they stand there kissing each other until Lisa yells at them. “Hey lovebirds! Watch our drinks, it’s our turn to dance!” They break apart and laugh at her,  heading back to their seats to drink. 

 

“You knew my Korean name, I was surprised. I’ve only told Lisa,” she says to him after a while. He smiles. “She told you didn’t she?” He nods. “I like it. I don’t know if I’ll call you by your Korean name though. I’m so used to Rosé,” he says, “although it could just be something between the two of us.” “That’s true.”

 

Jongin and Lisa return to the group and finish their drinks. “Let’s go to the street market, I want to get crepes!” Lisa suggests. “Oooh yummy! I definitely want some food,” Rosé replies. They get up and head to the street market. Along the street there are tons of tents selling food, jewelry, souvenirs; lots of different items. “This is awesome! Let’s go buy stuff!” Rosé exclaims running in one direction with Chanyeol following her while Jongin and Lisa head in the opposite direction. 

 

“We got to buy some souvenirs,” she tells him turning around her arms full of random objects. He laughs at her. “I don’t think we need all of this, what are you going to do with it when you get home?” He asks. “Hmm I suppose you’re right,” she responds. They walk along the street hand in hand looking for memorable souvenirs to buy. They end up buying everyone from EXO a pair of original Thai pants, they all get a different colour and they have elephant designs on them. The material is quite thin due to the heat in Thailand, and the pants are baggy. “I’m sure they’ll love these,” Chanyeol tells Rosé as they leave the vendor with a large bag full of pants. “Okay let’s get those crepes now, I’m starving,” she responds dragging him towards the crepe stand. 

 

They get a crepe with chocolate and banana, and share it on a bench nearby. “This is delicious!” Rosé exclaims, “I want another one!” Chanyeol laughs at her but gets up and orders another one with strawberries and cream this time. While Rosé is waiting someone sits down next to her. “Sorry this seat is taken,” she says looking at the stranger. “I don’t think such a beautiful lady should be sitting alone at night here. If you come with me I can keep you company,” he says leaning closer to her face and grabbing her arm. She backs away in fear. “Hey! Let her go,” Chanyeol says from behind the guy. Jongin and Lisa show up as well. “You’ll be missing out darling,” he says to Rosé before leaving. 

 

Chanyeol sits down next to her and offers her the crepe, she refuses. “Hey, are you okay?” He asks. “Fine, we should go home. The flight is early in the morning,” she responds. Chanyeol hands the crepe to Jongin and Lisa who gladly eat it. “Okay.” They all head back to Lisa’s house and aren’t surprised that the lights are already off since it’s 1 in the morning. Rosé goes straight to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Still in shock from what happened or rather what could have happened if Chanyeol wasn’t there she sinks down to the ground and cries. 

 

Chanyeol heads upstairs after her and puts his pyjamas on. He hears Rosé sobbing from the bathroom and gently opens the door slipping through the opening. Seeing her on the ground crying just breaks his heart. He sits down next to her and wraps his arms around her. “You’re okay Rosé, I’m here,” he tells her. She cries into his chest and he patiently waits until she’s all done. “I’m sorry I’m being stupid,” she says wiping her eyes. “What? No you’re not,” he tells her. They stand up and go back to the room, sitting on the bed. “I’m usually not like this, I know how to defend myself but for some reason I just froze. Just thinking about what would’ve happened if you weren’t there scared me,” she explains. “I understand.” He pulls her close to his chest and kisses her on top of her head. “Let’s try and get some sleep. I’m not going anywhere,” he says and she agrees. They get under the covers and Rosé cuddles up next to Chanyeol.