Chapter 15

Working alongside EXO

“So, how is she?” Suho asks when Chanyeol returns to the living room. “Well, she’s glad I’m okay and I think my talk with her might’ve helped with the guilt she’s feeling right now.” “Good, we’ll just have to take care of her. Maybe she should stay here for a while?” Kai suggests but Suho shakes his head. “She’ll need help with getting changed and showering and all those things, it’s probably best if she doesn’t stay with 8 guys. Can you ask Lisa?” Kai nods and leaves to make a phone call. 

 

“On a different note, what’s your plan with Rosé? Are you going to make a move?” Suho asks Chanyeol as they sit down on the couch. “Not yet, right before all this happened she was telling me she didn’t know how she felt and she didn’t want to ruin our friendship. I’m not sure how she feels now,” Chanyeol explains and also tells Suho everything Lisa told him the other night. “She still wears that necklace you gave her? Well if that’s not a sign I don’t know what is,” Suho says laughing and Chanyeol hits him. 

 

A couple hours later Rosé wakes up and Chanyeol helps her get into her wheelchair. He brings her to the dining room right on time for dinner. “It’s like you knew we’d be eating so you woke up,” Kyungsoo says laughing. “Basically.” “We called Lisa, you’re going to be staying at her and Kai’s place until you get better,” Suho tells her. “Wait! She said yes? You never told me this,” Rosé exclaims looking over at Kai. “I asked her the other day and she agreed, did she not tell you? Maybe she didn’t cause of everything that’s happened.” Rosé agrees and nods. After dinner Kai drives Rosé to their apartment, Lisa had already brought her things for her. 

 

“Thank you guys for this,” Rosé tells them as she gets settled into the guest room. “Of course, you’re my best friend. And I don’t want you to die trying to take care of yourself,” Lisa says laughing and putting Rosé’s clothes in the dresser. “Did you want to take a shower? We have a seat in there and I can come help you,” Lisa suggests which Rosé agrees to. Kai helps get Rosé into the shower before it’s on, then Lisa takes over helping her get undressed and then washing and drying her. Once she’s in her pyjamas Lisa calls Kai back to help get Rosé out again. “You’re all wet,” he says laughing at her. “I’m going to go take a shower now too, you can join me if you’re not going to be mean,” she replies walking out of the room. His smile fades and he follows her after helping get Rosé in bed. 

 

The next day Lisa helps Rosé get changed before she heads out with Kai to do who knows what. Rosé gets comfortable on the couch in the living room with a book and turns on some Coldplay. A couple hours pass, a knock on the door startles Rosé and she realizes she fell asleep. “Come in!” She yells. Luckily the door was unlocked so she wouldn’t have had to get up. Chanyeol walks in dressed in a long sleeved grey sweatshirt and black jeans. 

 

“Hey, how’re you doing?” He asks taking a seat at the end of the couch putting her feet on top of his lap. “I’m doing fine, mostly bored out of my mind. I was reading my book and ended up falling asleep. I don’t know what I’m going to do if I’m trapped here for 2 weeks,” Rosé responds. “Next time I come I’ll be sure to bring board games or something then. I didn’t bring anything this time, sorry.” “It’s okay. How’s your head feeling? Shouldn’t you be locked in a dark room or something?” Chanyeol laughs at her comment and shakes his head. “It’s pretty mild so I’m fine. Are you hungry?” She nods and he gets up heading over to the kitchen. 

 

“You’re going to make me food?” “Well I don’t want you to starve, what do you feel like? I can make ramyun,” he says. “Yes! Good idea, but make some for yourself too,” she replies. A couple minutes they’re sitting at the dining table eating ramyun. “This is delicious,” Rosé exclaims, “thanks for this.” “Of course. Do you think we could talk about what happened the other night before went down?” He asks her. Rosé freezes up, knowing exactly what he’s talking about. “Okay, what about it?” “Did you reject me because you were worried about our friendship or do you just not like me that way?” 

 

Rosé places her chopsticks on the table and sighs knowing he’d bring this up sooner or later. “Chanyeol, you know I like you. I think I was just startled and didn’t know what to do in the moment,” she explains. “So you do like me then?” He asks smirking. “Do you really need to ask?” “Uh yes, because you’re so cryptic. I talked to Lisa about it; apparently it’s very obvious I like you Rosé but you’re unreadable and believe we’re just friends.” She smiles. “We are just friends,” she says, “but I think I like you more than a friend should like another friend.” Chanyeol grins, finally she’s confessed that she does like him the way he likes her. He doesn’t push anymore, satisfied with her response. 

 

Rosé feels happy the way she left things with Chanyeol. Before he came over she decided that she’s going to stop worrying over stupid things and tell Chanyeol she likes him a lot. She didn’t however expect  for him to come over that day but she’s happy that it’s finally out in the open and Lisa was right that he liked her. She didn’t fully believe it before but the way he had been acting a couple days ago confirmed it for her. 

 

Later in the evening when Lisa and Kai come home Rosé tells them what happened. “Finally you both admitted you like each other! That took forever!” Lisa exclaims. “So what’re you going to do now?” Kai asks her. Rosé shrugs. “I don’t know, we didn’t go into specifics. We’re not a couple. I think he told me once that he’d take a girl out on a couple dates before making it official you know?” “Hmm very old fashioned…I love it! That’s adorable! He’ll have to wait till you’re all healed up and can walk on your own but I’m sure he can wait a little longer,” Lisa says. Rosé smiles. 

 

“She said she likes me more than a friend should like another friend,” Chanyeol tells the guys that night. “Finally! It’s been going on forever,” Baekhyun says sighing. “I’m happy for you Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo tells him. “So I’m going to wait till she’s better then take her on a couple dates and hopefully it’ll go well ,” Chanyeol says. “I’m sure she’ll love it,” Suho tells him. 

 

The 2 weeks Rosé is trapped in Lisa and Kai’s apartment fly by with Chanyeol visiting every other day to play board games, watch movies and eat way too much junk food. Finally Rosé has her last appointment with the doctor who checks to make sure her wounds have healed nicely. “They look good, how’re you feeling?” “Great, happy I don’t have to depend on others anymore,” she laughs and the doctor smiles at her. “That’s always good. Well, you’re all ready to go. I hope I won’t be seeing you anytime soon, stay healthy.” She nods and heads out. 

 

She goes to the parking lot and heads over to Chanyeol who’s leaning against his car waiting for her. “I’m all good,” she tells him and gives him a hug. “That’s great news. Hey, I was wondering if you’d want to go on a date tomorrow?” “Sure, you’ll pick me up?” He nods and drives her home. 

 

That night Rosé enjoys her night on her own at last, she opens a bottle of wine and cleans up all her clothes. After she watches a romantic movie and takes a long shower all by herself. It feels so satisfying doing things herself. She gets into some pyjamas and heads to bed, wondering what Chanyeol has planned for the two of them tomorrow. 

 

In the morning Rosé gets dressed putting on a pair of high waisted jeans with a white shirt she tied into a knot at the back, and puts her hair in a half ponytail. Chanyeol texts her he’s on the way so she quickly eats something and grabs her black purse slinging it across her chest heading out. She finds his car and gets in smiling, happy to see him. “Hey beautiful,” he says in his deep morning voice. “Hey, I like your outfit. Very discreet.” She laughs, and he looks down at his clothes, a pair of light washed jeans, baggy black shirt and a black beanie on his head. 

 

“It’s casual, I don’t want people to recognize me,” he tells her as they drive down the street. “Fair enough.” “Your outfit is amazing as usual, although I didn’t expect anything less from a stylist,” he says causing her to smile and blush. “So where are we going?” She asks him. “You’ll see soon enough.” 30 minutes later he parks the car and they get out. Rosé looks around at all the pretty trees surrounding them, as well as lots of trails going in different directions. 

 

“The rivers down by this one, it goes to a pier,” he explains pointing down one path. “What?” He asks looking at her concerned expression. “Are you sure this is a good idea? Last time we were in the woods it didn’t end well,” she says. He smiles and takes her hand intertwining their fingers, as they start to walk down the path. “Don’t worry, there aren’t any bikers allowed here.” 

 

They walk in silence for a little while until they reach a clearing by the side of the trail filled with beautiful flowers. They decide to take a seat on the bench and enjoy the view. “They’re so pretty, how’d you know about this trail?” Rosé asks. He looks down at her smiling. “Research.” He bends over and picks one of the baby pink flowers and tucks it next to her ear. “Beautiful,” he says, “let me take a photo.” He takes a couple photos of her then Rosé picks a yellow flower for him and tucks it into his beanie. “It compliments your outfit, I think you needed a small pop of colour,” she says laughing and taking a photo of him pouting. “You look good.” “People will definitely stare,” he tells her. “There’s barely anyone here, and if there was they wouldn’t be staring at the flower. They’d be staring at you since you’re famous,” she says. 

 

At one area of the pier there’s a lookout where people can stand at the tip overlooking the water. Rosé decides to stand in the corner facing the water spreading her arms like Rose from the Titanic. “I’m Rosé on the Titanic,” she says laughing as the wind blows in her face. “Does that mean I’m Jack?” Chanyeol says quietly in her ear placing his hands on her hips. She turns her head and smiles. “Obviously.” 

 

“You two are such a beautiful couple,” an elderly voice says from behind them. They both turn around to see an older lady walking with her husband holding onto her arm. “Thank you,” Rosé tells her, “how long have you two been together may I ask?” “Of course dear, we’ve been married for 60 years.” Rosé opens wide in surprise and looks up at Chanyeol who’s just smiling. “Do you mind taking a photo of the two of us?” He asks them, which they agree and take his phone. He stands behind Rosé and wraps his arms around her, while she holds onto his arms and smiles widely. “Does it look good? I’m not very good with phones,” the lady says handing him the phone. Chanyeol looks at the photo and nods. “It’s perfect, thank you.” The couple then continue walking down the pier. 

 

“Well that was interesting,” Rosé says as they head back to the car. “It was, but they were very nice,” he responds. “I can’t believe the sun is already setting, it hasn’t felt like it’s been all day.” “No amount of time spent with you is long enough,” Chanyeol tells her and she punches him playfully in the stomach. “You’re so cringey.” He laughs and wraps his arm around her. Once they’re back in the car he drives her back to her apartment, parking in front of the building. Chanyeol then receives a text from Kai. “I have to go, looks like the guys are all at this bar downtown getting wasted and they need a ride,” he says, looking at his phone messaging Kai. “Chanyeol?” “Yeah?” He asks, his eyes still on his phone. “Kiss me.” He looks up surprised but sees that Rosé wasn’t joking. Turning his phone off he leans across the armrest to Rosé and they kiss. As he pulls away Rosé smiles sheepishly at him. He laughs and kisses her once more. 

 

“I should really get going,” he tells her and she nods. “Drive safe.” As she heads upstairs in the elevator to her apartment she can’t help but smile. Kissing Chanyeol was a whole other experience, she wasn’t expecting the instant butterflies that she felt when their lips touched. Today went well and she’s looking forward to what’s coming next with their relationship. 

 

Chanyeol arrives at the bar finding several of the members pretty drunk. Soon enough he realizes Kai wasn’t the one messaging him, it was Kyungsoo with Kai’s phone. “Thank god you’re here, what took you so long?” He asks Chanyeol. “Sorry, where’s Jongin?” Kyungsoo points to a corner in the bar where Kai is kissing a girl who definitely isn’t Lisa. “Oh no, how’d this happen?” Chanyeol asks as they head towards Kai. “He wanted to go out and drink so a couple of us agreed to come with him. Maybe he had a fight with Lisa or something?” They pull Kai off the girl who seems slightly agitated but they quickly drag him out of the bar before she can see their faces. 

 

The drive home is silent and awkward, Baekhyun and Chen try to lift the tension without success. Once they get back to the dorm Suho is waiting for them in the living room. “I’ll talk to him alone,” he tells the others, “get some sleep and sober up we have practice tomorrow. And Chanyeol, ask Rosé to join us tomorrow morning please.” Chanyeol nods and they all head to their rooms. 

 

Suho and Kai go to Suho’s room and sit on his bed. “I don’t know what exactly drove you to be so reckless but I’m disappointed in you Kim Jongin. You know better than this, you’ve never acted like this before. What the hell happened?” Kai lifts his gaze to look at Suho but quickly looks away. “Lisa and I had a fight, she doesn’t want me to meet her family. She’s already met mine and they all love her. We’ve moved in together and have been dating for almost a year yet for some reason she won’t let me meet her family.” “So you decide to go shove your tongue down someone else’s throat?” Suho asks and Kai smiles slightly. “That wasn’t my intention, I drank too much and this girl just came onto me,” he replies. “Why do you think she’s acting this way?” Kai shrugs and sighs putting his head in his hands. Suho gets up and pats him on the shoulder. “Get some sleep.” 

 

Rosé opens up the door to her apartment finding Lisa sitting at the bar with a drink in her hand. “Hey, what’re you doing here?” Rosé asks causing Lisa to look up at her. “Jongin and I had a fight, I didn’t know where else to go considering we live together,” Lisa says. “Do you want to talk about it?” Lisa shakes her head. “Tomorrow.”  Rosé agrees and heads to her bedroom. Then Chanyeol sends her a text. 

 

“Suho wants you at practice tomorrow morning, 9am.”

“Okay.” 

“Is Lisa with you?”

“Yep.”

“Okay, we need to talk about that tomorrow.” 

“Sure, good night.”

She turns off her phone, not before setting an alarm for tomorrow morning. 

 

The next day Rosé gets dressed quickly before heading to meet with EXO for their practice. “Hey guys,” she says walking into the practice room a coffee in her hand, sunglasses and a cap on her head. “You look tired or hungover. Or maybe both,” Suho tells her giving her a hug. “Both,” she whispers in his ear causing him to chuckle. “Hey beautiful,” Chanyeol says hugging her from behind giving her a peck on the cheek. “Hey handsome, how was the rest of your night?” “We’ll talk later,” he says quietly and she nods. 

 

The others arrive and they all sit around in a circle on the floor. “So, I’m guessing you’ve summoned me here because of an upcoming album,” Rosé deduces. “Yeah, you’ve guessed correctly. We’re releasing our 5th album this November and we clearly need you. So are you ready to watch a mini concert?” Suho asks. “Well you’re lucky I brought my sketchbook.” She takes a seat on the far end of the room leaning against the mirror that covers the whole wall and pulls out her pencils and sketchbook.

 

A couple hours later practice is over and Rosé has somewhat an idea of what she wants to do for them. As everyone is packing up Chanyeol comes up to her and grabs her bag slinging it over his shoulder. “Let’s go get some coffee downstairs and talk,” he says leading the way. They both head down to the cafeteria, Rosé takes her bag back from him and sits down at a table while Chanyeol orders them some coffee. A couple minutes later he hands her a latte. “Yum, thank you.” He sits across from her taking a sip of his americano before speaking. 

 

“Last night was a mess, Jongin had a fight with Lisa and then went to a bar to get drunk. Kyungsoo was the one who messaged me. Did Lisa tell you what happened?” Rosé shakes her head. “No, she was at my apartment drinking when I got home. Said she didn’t want to talk about it though.” Chanyeol sighs and drinks some more coffee. “I heard from Suho that it had something to do with Lisa not wanting him to meet  her family,” he tells her and Rosé’s face lights up understanding the situation immediately. Before she can explain someone sits down in the seat next to Chanyeol. Rosé gasps in surprise. 

 

“Taemin? What’s up?” Chanyeol says patting him on the back. “I saw you and a beautiful woman, I wanted to see if she was being held hostage,” Taemin says laughing. “Don’t worry, I’m not. It’s nice to meet you, I’m Rosé.” They shake hands. “So why are you sitting with this jerk?” Chanyeol punches his shoulder and they both laugh. “We’re just getting coffee, he just finished his dance practice.” “Ah okay, I see. I’ll leave you to it then. It was nice meeting you Rosé,” he says and heads out. 

 

“So what were you going to say?” Chanyeol asks, redirecting Rosé’s attention back to their conversation. “I need to go talk to Lisa, I’m sorry. I’ll call you later.” She grabs her bag and goes back to her apartment. Lisa is awake watching tv when Rosé arrives. She dumps her bag on the kitchen counter and jumps onto the couch next to Lisa. “Where were you?” Lisa asks. “Had to meet with EXO about their upcoming album. You going to tell me what happened last night?” Lisa sighs, switches off the tv and turns to face her best friend. 

 

“Everything was going great until Jongin asked to meet my family. I immediately panicked, I haven’t even told my parents that I have a boyfriend let alone the fact that he’s Kai from EXO. I know they won’t approve of this relationship that’s why I didn’t tell them. I didn’t want to tell him that or he’d get even more upset so I lied to him and said I wasn’t ready for him to meet them yet and that it’s too early. That pissed him off, so he yelled at me a bit then left,” Lisa explains. 

 

Rosé sighs and runs her hands through her hair. “Oh Lisa, that’s probably the worst thing you could’ve said.” “What have you heard?” Lisa asks curious. “I know Jongin went to the bar last night and got really drunk. And when Chanyeol told me this morning it was about meeting your family I figured this was what’s happening,” she tells her. Lisa nods and then the tv back on leaning back on the couch. Rosé gives her a kiss on the top of her head and goes to her room saying she has to call Chanyeol. 

 

“Hey, I’ve been expecting your call.” 

“Hey. I was just talking to Lisa, she’s pretty upset but I know what’s going on now.” 

“Well? What is it then?”

“She hasn’t told her family about their relationship, she knows they won’t approve.” 

“Oh.” 

“Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. She could’ve told Jongin, but she panicked in the moment.” 

“I understand, there’s something else I need to tell you about last night. But I think I should tell you in person.”

“Okay, do you want me to come over?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you in a bit.” 

“Alright.” 

 

She hangs up and changes into some sweatpants and a hoodie, grabs her keys and heads into the living room to get her bag. “Where are you going?” Lisa asks. “Just to meet up with Chanyeol, I won’t be long.” “Okay, see you later.” Rosé grabs her bag and heads over to EXO’s dorm. 

 

Suho opens the door and she smiles at him. “I’m here for Chanyeol.” “I figured, also I always suspected something would blossom between the two of you. You know this,” he says. “Ugh. In this case you being right ended up benefiting me,” she responds before heading down to Chanyeol’s room. She knocks on the door and hears his deep voice call her in. “Hey you, long time no see,” she says sitting down next to him on the bed. “Hey.” He gets up, grabs his desk chair and pulls it up to the bed so he’s facing her. 

 

“I’m kinda worried for what you’re going to tell me.” “Last night when I got to the bar I ran into Kyungsoo first who explained the situation. Then I saw Jongin, in the corner kissing another girl,” Chanyeol says. Rosé puts her hands in front of and gasps. “Oh no, is he going to break up with Lisa?” He shakes his head. “No, this was a mistake that he regretted instantly. But I can’t not tell you, I don’t want secrets between us.” “What do I tell Lisa? Should I tell her?” She asks. “Hey, this isn’t your problem. Jongin is going to tell her tomorrow and they’ll figure out their issues together. You’re not a part of their relationship,” he reassures her. “Okay, I guess that makes sense. But I’m still going to worry.” “I know.” He moves to sit next to her on the bed and wraps his arms around her pulling her close. 

 

“What do you want to do now then?” She asks. “We can watch a movie,” he suggests and she agrees. He grabs his laptop and they get comfortable on his bed with the laptop in between them. 2 hours later a knock on the door startles them just as the movie finishes. Chanyeol gets up to open it while Rosé pauses the movie and closes the laptop. “Hey, what’s up?” “I’m going to go talk to Lisa, she’s at Rosé’s apartment right?” Rosé gets up and stands next to Chanyeol facing Jongin. “She is, did you want my key?” He nods and she grabs it out of her bag to give to him. “We might be a while, are you going to stay here tonight?” He asks Rosé. She looks over at Chanyeol then back at Jongin. “Yeah, I’ll stay here.” 

 

Jongin heads out while Chanyeol and Rosé go to the kitchen to make a late dinner. “I want kimchi fried rice!” Rosé exclaims, “I’ve been craving it forever!” Chanyeol laughs and grabs the ingredients. “Alright, you have to help me cook though.” They cook together and decide to just eat out of the pan at the dining table. “This is delicious, I’m so happy we made this,” Rosé says. “Mmm it really is,” Chanyeol responds taking another mouthful, “so you’re staying over tonight?” She nods. “Might as well, if they do make up I don’t want to be around. As long as you don’t mind.” “No, of course I don’t,” he says, “I’ll ask Suho to grab the spare mattress and I’ll sleep on that. It’s not a problem.” Rosé smiles relieved he didn’t expect her to sleep with him in bed. 

 

Later that night after Rosé falls asleep Chanyeol quietly leans over her and takes off her necklace with the guitar pendant. He stores it in his sock drawer and goes to sleep. The next morning Rosé wakes up first and looks over the edge of the bed at Chanyeol who’s still fast asleep. She decides to put on her sweatpants from yesterday and one of Chanyeol’s baggy shirts. As she’s pulling the shirt over her head she realizes she’s not wearing her necklace. She quickly turns around and searches the bed for it, then her pockets and her bag but it’s nowhere to be found. This can’t be happening, she just hopes Chanyeol doesn’t notice anything. 

 

He wakes up a few moments later due to her moving things around and suspects she noticed the necklace is gone. “Good morning beautiful,” he says and pats the mattress for her to come sit with him, “you look good in my shirt.” She sits down next to him and she smiles. “Why thank you.” He leans down and gives her a kiss, smiling as he watches her cheeks go pink. “What’re you doing today?” He asks her. “I actually am going out with Suho today. We’re going to a spa among other places,” she explains, “which reminds me I should go home and shower.” “Okay.” They both stand up and he walks her to the front door. She stands on her tiptoes and pecks his lips before giving him a hug. He kisses her on the top of her head before letting go and she heads out. 

 

As soon as she gets home she takes a long shower and gets changed in some ripped jeans with a striped blue blouse tucked into the front of her jeans. She lets her hair down and straightens it. She puts on a black choker, black watch and does some light makeup. She looks around her room for a while to see if her necklace is there but she knows for a fact she had it on last night when she was with Chanyeol. She throws her clothes in the laundry and turns it on, but decides to keep Chanyeol’s shirt on her bed so she can wear it as pyjamas. 

 

She grabs her purse and runs into Lisa and Jongin in the living room. “Hey, you guys all good now?” She asks. Lisa nods and kisses Jongin on the lips. “We’re great. We’ve actually decided to go to Thailand this weekend so he can meet my parents and we were hoping you’d come as well?” “Me? Why?” Rosé asks. “Well they know and like you, plus they wouldn’t say anything in front of you. So maybe it’ll make this easier for us,” Jongin explains. “Oh. Umm can I think about it?” They nod. “And maybe even bring Chanyeol, we know they won’t judge us as bad if they see you’re in a similar situation. They love you a lot Rosie,” Lisa tells her. Rosé smiles and agrees. “I will let you know by tonight then,” she says and heads back to EXO’s dorm.

 

Suho opens the door as usual and smiles. “You look like an idol,” Rosé tells him looking at his outfit. “I disagree, this is very casual.” He looks down at his clothes, black Nike sweatpants, grey hoodie and a jean jacket. She laughs at him and he rolls his eyes, grabbing some sunglasses and his keys so they can head out. They drive to the spa which is not too far from the dorm. 

 

“This is going to be so fun!” Rosé exclaims grabbing onto Suho’s arm. They head inside and discuss what they want to do first. “Let’s get our foot rubs, manicure and pedicures done, then we’ll do the massages,” Suho suggests. “Sounds like a plan.” They sit in large, comfortable chairs while the ladies who work there get started. “What colour nails do you want?” One of them asks Rosé. “I’ll do a light blue, and I want a design on one of them. Maybe like clouds or something,” she says, the lady nods. “So specific,” Suho points out. 

 

“I meant to talk to you about something,” Rosé starts and Suho turns his head to listen to her, “Lisa and Kai are going to Thailand this weekend so he can meet her parents. They asked me to come with them as a middle man I suppose.” “That sounds like fun.” “Lisa wants me to bring Chanyeol with me so that her parents might be more lenient given their situation,” she adds. “Oh, do you not want to bring him?” Suho asks. Rosé shrugs. “I’m not sure. We’re not officially a couple yet you know, it’s been so short so I don’t know if it’s a good idea. But on the other hand it’s just a weekend,” she tells him. “That’s true. I have a feeling that he will ask you to be his girlfriend sooner rather than later. And you know how I’m always right when it comes to these things,” he says laughing and she smiles, “just ask him later and see what he says.” “Okay, thank you.” 

 

A little while later they head to the massage rooms. Throughout the massage they don’t talk anymore so that they can relax and enjoy it. The massage lasts 90 minutes, then they get dressed again. “That was amazing,” Rosé tells Suho, “but I’m really sleepy now.” “We should go get some coffee then.” One of the massage ladies comes back in the room to gather the towels and such. She looks over at Rosé and Suho. “You two are such a nice couple, both very attractive,” she comments. “Oh. We’re not a couple,” Rosé says laughing. “Pity,” the lady says before leaving and they laugh. 

 

Upon arriving at the café they’re still laughing about what the lady said. “Pity, I can’t believe she said that,” Suho says as they walk up to the counter. “Literally. I want a caramel latte,” Rosé tells him. “Hi, can we get 2 caramel lattes and 2 pieces of the chocolate cake?” Suho asks the barista. She instantly blushes and nods. “You’re Suho aren’t you? From EXO?” She asks. He nods. “Oh my god. And you’re Rosé,” she whispers surprised to see them both. “I am.” “Could I get a photo?” She asks and they agree. They take the photo with her and she gives them a table number to bring to wherever they sit. 

 

They sit in a booth in the corner of the café and wait for their food and drinks. “So are there any ladies in your life?” Rosé asks Suho, “I don’t want everyone to think we’re together.” He laughs and shakes his head. “Nope, but it’s okay. I’m happy with the way things are in my life right now, I’m too busy babysitting all the members I don’t have time anyways. But I love them,” he says. “Are any of them dating?” “You mean other than Kai and Chanyeol? I’m pretty sure Chen is seeing someone, we don’t know who yet,” he responds. The barista then comes bringing their lattes and cake. “Thank you,” Rosé says smiling. The girl blushes and rushes off. “Aw she’s so shy.” “Fans are always like that here,” Suho tells her. “This is actually the first time I’ve been recognized in public,” Rosé says. “Really? I’m surprised, but I mean I guess it’s nice that you haven’t been bothered lots.” “True,” she agrees. 

 

In the afternoon the pair go shopping in Hongdae so that Rosé can buy some clothes for her weekend trip to Thailand. She decided to go, she just doesn’t know if she’ll be going alone or with Chanyeol until later tonight. Eventually in the evening Kyungsoo calls asking if they’re coming home for dinner and if they want Chinese. They head back to the dorm with many shopping bags. 

 

“We’re back!” Rosé shouts as they enter the dorm. All the members are chilling in the living and dining area waiting for the food to arrive. “How was your day?” Chanyeol asks helping Rosé with her bags. “It was great! We had lots of fun,” she tells him giving him a kiss. “I missed you,” he says smiling and she smiles back giving him another kiss. “I know. I missed you too. I’ll have to show you all the things I bought after dinner.” “Okay.” “Oh I have something for you, it’s in my room,” Chanyeol says, he briefly looks over at the guys who all make faces at him knowing his plan. “Okay, we’ll be back guys,” Rosé tells the guys. 

 

They go into Chanyeol’s room and he grabs a box from his nightstand drawer. “This is my way of asking you to be my girlfriend,” he says handing the box to her. She smiles and opens it. “Oh my god! Park Chanyeol, you took my necklace!” She yells at him, “I thought I lost it.” She takes it out of the box and notices something different about it. There’s a letter C pendant with diamonds in it on the chain as well. “It’s a C for Chanyeol isn’t it?” She asks. He nods smiling. “It’s beautiful, thank you. And yes of course I will be your girlfriend.” She wraps her arms around him giving him a long hug, before kissing him. He puts the necklace on her and she smiles. “Now I’m never taking it off, I was literally freaking out this morning thinking I lost it,” she tells him and he laughs. “I also got myself something,” he says, lifting his sleeve he shows her a silver chain bracelet with a small R hanging on it. “Aww you are legit adorable,” she says hugging him. They decide to take a picture together showing off their couples jewelry. “We look great,” Chanyeol says smiling and showing her the photo. 

 

“We should probably go back,” he tells her. “Before we do I need to ask you something though,” she says. They sit down on his bed. “So Lisa and Jongin made up, they’re going to Thailand this weekend and asked me to come as a middle man so her parents won’t be as judgmental about their relationship. Anyways, Lisa thinks if you come they’ll be even more understanding considering we’re dating. What I’m trying to ask is will you come to Thailand with me this weekend?” Chanyeol smiles and nods. “Of course. Sounds like fun. Let’s hope her parents support them then.” “Yay! I can’t wait!” She exclaims, “now we should go back before they eat all the food. I’m guessing it’s here now.”