Chapter 3

Working alongside EXO

Later that night Lisa and Rosé decide to go out for dinner and celebrate, without getting drunk this time. They head to a ramyun restaurant and take a seat inside. “I’ve never been here before, it’s nice,” Rosé points out. Lisa looks up from her menu and smiles. “If I ever get a boyfriend then I hope he takes me here.” Rosé laughs, “You want him to take you to a ramyun restaurant for a date?” Lisa nods and explains, “Ramyun is my favourite food! So if he takes me here I’ll be over the moon.” 

 

They both order ramyun with miso soup, pork belly and a boiled egg. Then they get some kimchi, rice and mandu on the side, and hand the menus to the waiter who says it’ll be a few minutes. Lisa puts her elbows on the table and looks over at Rosé. “So tell me about today.” Rosé tells her everything about EXO and how they were really nice. “The only one who seems a little off to me is Chanyeol. He was hinting at the fact that I’m a fan and it felt kind of weird I guess,” she explains. Lisa shrugs her shoulders grabs Rosé’s hand. “Don’t worry, in time they’ll see how cool you are. Plus Suho is your bias, not Chanyeol.” She laughs and agrees. 

 

The food arrives and they dig in, enjoying every last bite. Once finished they part ways, Lisa finally deciding she should go to her own apartment for the night because she needs to give all her cats some much needed attention. Rosé drives home and goes straight to sleep, super tired from the past few days. 

 

The next week approaches faster than she expected and Suho messaged her saying that the members would come to her office today one by one. She changes into a black crop top, black adidas pants and puts her hair in a loose side braid. She then heads to her office and sketches down the ideas she has for their kokobop performance next week. 

 

The members come in one by one, she takes their measurements and asks them questions based on their style and colours. She decided to give them all jeans, and for the shirt a blouse that’s showing the kokobop vibe which is tropical and sort of like Hawaii. 

 

Suho comes first, he was very straightforward and easy with what he wanted. Kyungsoo came next. “Rosé! You are looking gorgeous today!” He exclaims, “your style is amazing.” “Thank you!” She blushes and starts measuring him. “I will give you a colour that works with your hair colour, do you trust me?” She asks. He nods his head. “Of course! After seeing your sketches, I knew we made a great decision choosing you to be our stylist.” The others came and left in the next few hours until only Chanyeol was left. 

 

Chanyeol walks into the floor where Rosé’s office is looking around in awe. She really built something good here, then he stops in his tracks when seeing her. She’s standing at a station with measuring materials and fabrics. She looks beautiful and sophisticated. He shakes his head, trying to rid himself of these thoughts and walks up to her. 

 

She looks up at him and smiles, “Last but not least.” He laughs and takes a seat so she can take her measurements. “So tell me what the others have done so far,” he tells her. “Well, they all have a blouse, some tucked in some not, all jeans but different shades, only Kai is wearing white pants,” she explains. “I’ll wear a blouse but I want it open so I can wear a shirt underneath as well,” he suggests, “and black pants.” She nods her head and finishes up the measurements. As she stands back up from measuring down his legs, he stands as well and she’s very close to him, but facing his chest. Her face turns beet red and she takes a step back. Chanyeol tries to keep his face neutral, but can’t help to smile. 

 

“You’re kinda short,” he points out. She laughs and looks up at him. “I think you’re just really tall, my height is average. Plus all your members are shorter than you too and only a little taller than me,” she responds, “Well I’m going to make a sketch of what I have in mind and then I’ll add colours, I can send you a photo when I finish.” He nods and gives her his phone number, then he leaves. 

 

After eating dinner, Rosé sends the pictures to all the members of EXO and gets to work after having their approval. They seem to be quite content with her decisions so she’s fairly excited to get started. “Hey Jennie,” she calls out to her coworker, “do you mind helping me with these outfits?” Jennie looks over and nods. “Of course Rosie, let me know what you need me to do.” The remainder of the night Rosé works hard with Jennie, she sends Jennie home around 11 and continues by herself. 

 

At around 4 in the morning she’s finished all 8 outfits for them. Deciding she’s too tired to go home, she decides to sleep on the couch in her office. 

 

The following morning is Saturday and all of her employees have the weekend off. Rosé wakes up to the strong smell of cologne. She rubs her eyes and opens them, to see Jackson looking down at her. “What are you doing?” He asks, laughing. “I was working all night so I just slept here,” she responds sitting up. He takes a seat next to her. “Want to go out today?” She nods and gets up. “I gotta go home and change first though.” 

 

Jackson follows her home and waits in the living room for her to get washed up and changed. While waiting he notices her sketchbook and grabs it, looking through all the designs she drew. It looks like EXO. 

 

Rosé takes a shower and puts her hair up in a high ponytail. She puts on black shorts and a cropped blouse. She heads out to the living room finding Jackson looking through her sketches. “I’m ready!” She says grabbing a small black purse. He looks up and smiles. “You’re designing for EXO?” “Yeah, I only just started. They recruited me a week ago or so,” she answers. “Finally you got your favourite group huh?” Her face falls. “What do you mean?” “We all knew your only goal was to get recognized so that you could design for EXO. I guess we were just a stepping stone to your success.” “Jackson, that’s not true and you know it. It’s my job, I’m not going to design just for you,” she says. He stands up and leaves her apartment. 

 

She flops down onto the couch pissed off and upset. Then Suho calls her and she picks up. 

 

“Yeah?” 

“Rosé, are you okay?”

“Not really.” She begins to cry. 

“Where are you? We’ll come to you.” 

“I’m at my apartment.” 

“Text me the address.” 

 

He hangs up and she texts him the address. What did he mean by we’ll come to you? A few minutes later she hears a knock on the door and wipes her eyes before opening it. All the EXO members are standing on her doorstep. She looks shocked but opens the door further letting them inside. Suho gives her a hug and she cries some more. 

 

They all gather in her living room and she feels a little awkward telling them all about her fight with Jackson, since it’s not like they’re super close or anything. She tells them anyway figuring they otherwise came for nothing. “He seems a little self centred,” Suho points out, “we’re not really close with Got7 as in we haven’t met them very often, so I wouldn’t know how they are.” “It sounds to me like he has feelings for you,” Chanyeol says, causing Rosé to look up at him. “What? That’s crazy!” He shrugs his shoulders. “Rosie, it kind of does make sense,” Kyungsoo adds, “he’s acting as if you aren’t allowed designing for other groups especially us because we’re your favourite, makes it seem as if he wants you all to himself.” 

 

Rosé is completely and utterly confused. Jackson doesn’t like her like that, she doesn’t see him that way. He’s like her brother that she never had. She shakes the thoughts out of her head. “Why’d you call me in the first place?” She asks Suho. “Oh right. I totally forgot, we wanted to take you out and have fun today!” The others seem excited as well. “I don’t know, I’m kind of feeling down now,” she responds. “All the more reason to come with us, it’ll lift your spirits!” Baekhyun exclaims. She agrees and stands up. 

 

They all head out to a large van that fits all of them, and get settled in. “Where are we going?” Rosé asks. “Lotte world!” Kai exclaims jumping in his seat. It takes a half an hour to get to Lotte world, and once they get out she realizes there’s no one around. “It’s empty,” she points out. “Of course it is, otherwise we’d be crowded by fans the whole time and sometimes we need a break too,” Suho explains. “I’ve never been here before,” she says, and they all look shocked. “You’ve been here for 3 years and you haven’t gone here?” Kai asks. “I’ve always been too busy with work, I didn’t really have time to go anywhere,” she explains. “We’re going to have so much fun!” Chen cheers. 

 

Chen grabs Rosé’s arm and drags her over to the store with cute headbands. The other split up in groups to go on the rides. Chanyeol follows Chen and Rosé into the store, finding them trying on cute headbands. Chen places one with cat ears on Rosé’s head. “Ahh so cute!” He exclaims, and rushes off to grab one for himself. She turns around and runs into Chanyeol. “Nice headband,” he comments trying to hold his laughter. “Hey, don’t be mean,” she says, grabbing one with bear ears and placing it on his head. It looks funny with his pink hair. She bursts out laughing and he takes it off angrily. “Keep it on Chanyeol, then we can take a selfie together,” Chen says, returning with one on his head as well. Chanyeol reluctantly puts it back on and Chen grabs his phone taking several selfies of them together. “We look so cute!” he says. 

 

On the other side of the park, Sehun, Kai and Baekhyun are going on all of the rides. “This is great hyung! Why don’t we do this more often?” Kai says. Baekhyun shrugs his shoulders, “I just think Suho felt bad for Rosé, cause weren’t we going to meet up with her so that we can ask about the outfits?” “I think it’s a good idea either way,” Sehun responds, dragging them onto another ride. 

 

Meanwhile, Xiumin, Suho and Kyungsoo decide to head to all the different food vendors and taste the food. “So what do you think about the Rosé and Jackson thing?” Xiumin asks Suho. “I don’t know, I felt so bad for her. She seemed so upset about it, but I think taking her out will help take her mind off of things.” 

 

A little while later the whole group meets up in the outdoor park. “Rosé! We should go on the Gyro drop!” Sehun exclaims. “That seems kind of terrifying,” she responds. “Don’t worry, it’s fun!” So Rosé, Sehun and Kai get onto the ride. “Wait, why are the others not coming?” She asks Kai, as they get seated and pull the belt overtop of them. “Cause it’s super terrifying!” Baekhyun shouts back. Rosé starts panicking, she doesn’t want to do it anymore. Kai realizes this and grabs her hand, and orders Sehun to hold her other hand. This calms her down a bit, they go up really slowly and once at the top they drop super fast. Rosé’s soul leaves her body, it was terrifying. 

 

Once they get off the ride she runs towards the bathroom afraid she’ll throw up. Luckily she doesn’t so she just splashes some water on her face and heads back out. “Are you okay?” Suho asks her. She nods. “Just a little nauseous I suppose.” They start walking back to the entrance so they can leave and go out for dinner. Rosé walks near the back of the group by herself just in case she has to throw up.

 

Chanyeol notices she’s walking alone and decides to be courteous and walk alongside her since she wasn’t feeling well. She notices him and looks up, he smiles. “You sure you’re fine?” “Yeah, don’t worry about me,” she responds. “I wasn’t. I’m just being a good citizen.” She laughs and hits his arm. “Hey! What was that for?” “That’s for you being mean,” she says. He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair, feeling frustrated because he wants to be nice to her but he knows he shouldn’t let his feelings get the best of him. It wouldn’t work. “I guess I won’t walk with you then.” He walks ahead of her, leaving her feeling hurt and walking by herself once again. 

 

Once in the van they decide what to do for dinner. “I’m tired, maybe we should just order chicken and pizza and eat at the dorm,” Sehun suggests putting his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Okay, I’ll order some food and we’ll head there now,” Suho says, grabbing his phone. “If it’s okay Suho, can you drop me off at my apartment? I think I just want to go home and sleep,” Rosé says. He nods his head. Chanyeol looks over at her and she avoids eye contact with him. He’s been hot and cold with her lately, she doesn’t want to intrude on their time together. She should just be their stylist, nothing more.