Chapter 2

Working alongside EXO

Several days pass and Rosé is slowly giving up hope, thinking they just thought she was a weird fan that shouldn’t work with them. “It’s okay Rosie, it’s their loss. You know that,” Lisa points out, as she’s visiting her at work for lunch. She takes a large bite out of her sandwich. “Oh makdjckego.” “Lisa I told you not to speak with your mouth full.” Rosé then looks to where Lisa is looking and sees Suho walking to her office. 

 

Her office overlooks the work room where all the clothes are designed, it’s completed with fully glass walls and a large glass door so she can keep an eye on things when on her breaks. Suho walks towards the door, wearing black nike pants, a grey hoodie with a jean jacket. He looks like such an idol, Rosé’s insides are screaming, but her complexion remains stoic on the outside. 

 

She’s just wearing a grey plaid skirt with a white t shirt tucked in. She walks to the front of her desk and sits down on it. Lisa quickly wipes the sandwich crumbs off of her face and stuffs the sandwich into her bag on the ground. Suho opens the door and enters her office. He looks around, amazed by how nice the place is and realizing how far this girl has come since arriving in Seoul 3 years ago. 

 

“It’s Roseanne right?” He asks, holding his hand out to shake hers. She nods her head and takes his hand, so smooth, oh my god! “Most people just call me Rosé,” she responds, “please have a seat.” She gestures towards the chair in front of her desk and moves to her chair behind the desk, taking a seat. He looks over at Lisa who’s sitting in the other chair facing Rosé. “I’m sorry, this is Lisa my best friend. She was just visiting me for lunch,” Rosé says. He shakes Lisa’s hand as well. “It’s nice to meet you.” “I’ll wait outside for you Rosie,” Lisa says, grabbing her bag and heading out to the floor, taking a seat on one of the couches. 

 

Rosie? Suho thinks, she goes by lots of names. He looks up at her and smiles. She’s very beautiful, her long blond hair is in a ponytail, and her outfit seems so casual but looks gorgeous on her slender figure. “I assume you can guess why I’m here today,” he starts, “we’ve been allowed to have you design for us, I’ve come just to get to know you a little bit better before we make a final decision.” She nods her head. 

 

“What do you want to know?” “Just tell me about yourself, and how you got to where you are now,” he says. “I’m from Australia, I decided to move here 3 years ago to become a designer. I’ve always loved the fashion in Korea, especially on idols. I first met Jinyoung from Got7, he and the rest of Got7 taught me how to speak Korean and they recruited me as their designer. After that I built a name for myself, and ended up designing for lots of idols including Bts and Monsta X. And now I’m here.” 

 

“You have a cute accent, I can tell you’re a foreigner,” Suho says smiling. “Yeah, I’ve heard that lots.” She laughs. “So, how old are you exactly?” “I’m 23.” He nods his head. “And I’m guessing you’ve heard of EXO before? Your reaction yesterday was typical for any EXO fan,” he points out. “Yeah, I’ve been a fan of yours since the beginning. I’ve always wanted to design for you guys, but I never had the chance to meet you in person,” she explains. “Ah, okay. Well I think that’s everything I need to know. Congratulations! You’re officially EXO’s designer,” Suho tells her. She has a big smile on her face and shakes his hand once again. “Thank you so much.” “I’ll text you when we will meet up and you can meet the other members,” he suggests, and she agrees walking him to the door. 

 

Later that night in EXO’s dorm Suho tells s the good news. “Woah, it’s going to be so cool! I can’t wait to officially meet her,” Baekhyun exclaims. “You said she’s a fan of ours?” Chanyeol asks, Suho nods, “you don’t think that’ll interfere with her work?” “She’s not a crazy, stalker fan. She’s a designer, and I’m sure she’ll come up with some great ideas,” Suho explains. “When are we gonna meet her?” Kyungsoo asks. “Probably next week, since we have lots of performance shows this week.” 

 

Meanwhile at Rosé’s apartment, the girls are having a glass of champagne to celebrate the occasion. “Now you can officially add EXO to the list of top groups you’ve designed for!” Lisa exclaims. “I just hope they don’t think I’m doing this because I’m a fan.” “Don’t even worry about that, you know the real reason and that’s what matters. Do you already have some ideas for them?” Rosé nods her head and shows her the sketches she made. Lisa’s jaw drops, they’re really good. “My best friend is so talented!” Lisa shouts while jumping up and down, “now let’s get drunk!” She turns up the music and they drink some more, while dancing the night away. 

 

The next morning Rosé wakes up to Lisa laying on top of her and a killer headache. “Where’s the aspirin?” Lisa asks. “Top shelf in bathroom.” Lisa slowly gets up heading to the bathroom, she emerges a few minutes later with 2 aspirin for Rosé and a glass of cold water. “Here.” Rosé takes the aspirin and sits up on the bed. “Well that was a bad idea,” she says, “at least I don’t meet them until next week.” All of a sudden her phone rings, looking at the caller ID she sees Suho’s name appear. “Oh my god! It’s Suho! He’s calling me!” “Pick it up and put it on speaker!” Lisa exclaims. 

 

“Hello?” 

“Hey Roseanne, sorry, did I wake you up?” 

“No no it’s okay, and please call me Rosé.” 

“Alright. I was just wondering if you’d be able to come and meet the members today? We have a few hours free time before music show. I can meet you at the parking lot in SM.” 

“Of course, I’ll be there. When did you want me to come?” 

“Be here in half an hour.” 

“Okay. I’ll see you soon!” 

 

She hangs up the phone and looks at Lisa. “What am I gonna do? Half an hour? I don’t know what to wear, I’m so hungover! Oh my god!” Lisa grabs her by the shoulders and shakes her awake. “You go to the shower and fix your hair, I’ll grab you some clothes to wear.” Rosé nods her head and heads to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When she’s finished she dries her hair and straightens it, puts a bit of makeup on and finds the clothes Lisa grabbed for her. Black jeans, knee high black boots, a white long sleeved blouse and a black blazer jacket. She tucks her shirt in her jeans and steps out of the bathroom, posing in front of Lisa. 

 

Twenty minutes later she’s parking in the lot at SM entertainment. She spots Suho and walks up to him smiling. “Hello!” She says bowing. “No need to be formal, I know you now,” he says laughing. They start walking into the building and she’s amazed at how beautiful it is. They end up going upstairs and inside their practice room. 

 

Once entering the room, she sees 7 guys sitting on the ground in a circle chatting with each other. As Rosé and Suho walk in they all shut up. Well, this is awkward. “Guys, this is Rosé. She’s going to be our designer from now on,” Suho says, “Rosé this is Kyungsoo, Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Sehun and Chen.” She bows at them and they all stand and bow. “It’s nice to finally meet all of you,” she says and they smile. 

 

They all sit down on the ground to get to know each other and talk. “Your accent is so cute Rosé,” Kyungsoo points out, “where are you from?” “Ah, thank you! I’m from Australia.” “Daebak! It must be so nice there!” Sehun exclaims. She laughs and nods her head. “Yeah, but I love it here too.” “You seemed pretty shocked the other day when we walked in on you singing and dancing to our songs,” Chanyeol says. She blushes and nods. “You can probably tell I’m a fan of your music,” she explains, “but I’m not a crazy stalker fan!” They laugh at her facial expression. “Don’t worry. We didn’t think you were,” Suho reassures her, “You’re really good at singing though, you could be an idol.” “People have told me that before, but my heart is in designing clothes. I don’t want to be known for my singing, it’s just a hobby really,” she tells them. 

 

They talk for a little while longer and then Suho speaks up. “So, I was wondering if you had any designs made up already.” She grabs her bag and pulls out her sketchbook, in it she grabs all the sketches she made the night before. “What I did, was listen to every song on your new album and create outfits I think would fit the song. I wasn’t able to do it for each member because I always do that separately,” she explains, “what I’ve done with other groups is take the members one by one to my office and get to know what you like, and then I’ll take measurements and make the outfit I believe would suit you. So these are just some sketches.” 

 

The guys all grab some of the drawings and look completely amazed by her skill. Even Chanyeol looks shocked. “Wow! You’re really talented Rosé,” Chen says, handing the sketches back to her. She blushes and receives it, putting it back in her folder. “We were wondering if you’d like us to perform a song or two so that you can see the dance. If that would help you?” Suho suggests. “Sure, sounds good! I’ll just sit over here,” she says, getting up and moving to one side of the practice room. 

 

The guys get up and gather around in a circle, while Rosé sorts out her stuff. “I really like her Suho hyung,” Sehun exclaims. The others agree, “She’s very beautiful,” Kai points out, and Chanyeol hits him on the back of the head. “Yah! She works with us, don’t even think about it,” he says, even though deep down Chanyeol agrees with Kai. They get into position and perform The Eve and Kokobop for her. 

 

“Wow! I really love the songs, they’re so good!” She exclaims, “I think I got what I need for now, when did you guys want to meet in my office to figure out the rest?” “We can meet you next week, we’ll all come different times,” Suho responds, and she nods her head. “Thank you, I’ll see you guys next week then,” she says bowing, and then Suho walks her back to the parking lot since she doesn’t remember the way.

 

A/N: I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. As for their music shows and such it's not going to be accurate to the exact date and show, I'm just going to make them perform in the same month the album is out. Thank you:)