Chapter 7

Working alongside EXO

The next day Chanyeol and Suho head out to meet up with Eunae. “Do you think she’ll actually listen to us?” Chanyeol asks. Suho shrugs his shoulders and sighs. “I honestly have no idea, if she really liked us so much you’d think maybe she would listen.” They enter the coffee shop and find a booth to sit in, and wait for Eunae. She enters a few moments later and takes a seat across from them. 

 

“So, what did you guys want to talk about?” She asks them. “We know you hurt Rosé, we’re here to tell you not to hurt her ever again,” Chanyeol says. “I didn’t hurt Rosé,” she replies, Chanyeol slams his hand down on the table shocking them, “whoever did must know that she’s a selfish person who takes what doesn’t belong to her.” Chanyeol glares at her but she simply smiles innocently at him. “You must like her,” she says, causing Chanyeol to lean back and look away, “that’s it! You like her and can’t stand seeing her get hurt, well now it makes sense.” “We all care for her,” Suho explains, but Eunae shakes her head and laughs. “Not him, he really cares for her. More than just a friend.” 

 

“What do you want?” Chanyeol growls at her. “Hmm...how about this? I can’t prevent her from getting hurt again, but I will leave her alone if you guys promise you won’t get in a relationship with her. And I’m talking to you Chanyeol, I’ll be keeping an eye out but I’ll stop stalking her if you agree. If you do get in a relationship with her anyway, I will actually kill her.” Chanyeol looks over at Suho who shrugs his shoulders. “Fine, we agree as long as you hold up to your end of the deal,” Chanyeol says and stands up to leave right away, Suho running after him. 

 

 

“I need to tell you something,” Lisa says, as she goes to Rosé’s work at lunch. “What’s up?” Rosé asks. Lisa tells her about her talking to EXO so they can keep her safe. “Why would you do that?” Rosé asks her. “I was worried for you, that girl that hurt you is a psycho. Anyways, the main point of my story is that Chanyeol was the one who thought of talking to her and making a deal so you’d be safe. I really think he’s a good guy, and I think a relationship with him would work out.” Rosé sighs and looks up at Lisa. 

 

“I really don’t see that working out, I don’t know why you see that happening all of a sudden. He’s just worried he’ll lose his awesome stylist,” Rosé tells her. “Whatever you say.” 

 

Later that night, Rosé gets a call from Suho. 

 

“I’m guessing Lisa told you we were talking to Eunae today.” 

“Yeah, what happened?” 

“She agreed to leave you alone, so you don’t have to worry about her anymore.” 

“That’s not specific at all Suho. But if you’re being serious then I’m happy.” 

“Good.” 

 

 

The next few months pass by, Rosé worked very hard having to deal with EXO and Bts having comebacks in the same month, followed by Got7 in October and Monsta X in November. Ever since Eunae agreed to leave Rosé alone she’s felt quite some distance from the members of EXO, especially Chanyeol. She was relieved when their promotions finished and she got to work with Got7 and Monsta X respectively. 

 

Being with Got7 brought her lots of joy that she missed out on for a while. Jackson apologized for everything that happened between them months ago, and they went back to being close friends. Being able to see Monsta X and spend time with them put a smile on Rosé’s face. She really missed them and had to talk to Shownu and the guys about everything that happened with Eunae and EXO. 

 

During the time she spent with Monsta X, Rosé became very close with Wonho. He became very protective over her, still worried that someone might hurt her again. They went on several dates and after a little while they became a couple. When Monsta X had their comeback in November, Rosé and WONHO had to be very discreet when in public and at music shows. 

 

~

 

Rosé wakes up to her phone ringing loudly next to her face. She picks it up without checking who’s bothering her this early in the morning. 

 

“This better be something good, cause I was sleeping.” 

“Good morning to you too.” Suho’s voice responds over the phone. 

“Suho? Out of all the people who could call me this early in the morning I wasn’t expecting you.”

“I know we haven’t talked in a while, you’ve been busy I saw.” 

“Yeah, that’s why.” 

“What do you mean?”

“It means that for several months now you and the guys have been really distant towards me. I was happy when you guys were done promoting because I felt out of place and alone.”

“Oh Rosie, I’m sorry if we made you feel that way. We should really talk, are you free later today?” 

“I actually have plans already for today, and I got to go to a music show for Monsta X. How about tomorrow?” 

“Perfect. I’ll come to your place in the morning.” 

 

She hangs up the phone and sighs. The time she spent away from EXO was great, she spent lots of time with her friends, worked a lot and started dating Wonho. She’s known him for 2 years now and never pictured herself with him in a relationship, but they’re quite similar and he’s so kind to her. She’s been truly happy and the phone call from Suho just got her worried about EXO and Eunae all over again. 

 

She decides to ignore it and get changed, pulling on grey checkered pants and a black hoodie. She heads into the living room and sits on the couch, pulling a soft blanket over her. It’s getting colder outside now that it’s November, and the heating in her apartment building stopped working yesterday so it’s quite cold inside as well. 

 

Rosé made plans today with Wonho, but since he’s promoting right now they’ve decided to not actually go out in case they’re spotted together in public. She turns on the tv to a random channel, gets up to make hot cocoa when she hears the buzzer go off. She knows it’s Wonho right away even though he’s hidden behind a hat, mask and hood, and lets him in. A few minutes later she hears him knock on the door and opens it with a smile. He smiles back and gives her a bear hug. 

 

He takes off his coat, places it in the closet and sits on the barstool in the kitchen. “Is it just me or is the temperature in here the same as outside?” He asks her. She turns around after pouring them both some hot cocoa and nods, handing him a mug. “The heating in the building stopped working sometime yesterday. They’ll probably fix it later today I’m hoping.” She takes  a seat next to him at the bar and zones out for a brief second, Wonho notices right away somethings wrong. 

 

“What happened?” He asks, causing her to look over at him. “Suho called this morning, he wants to talk to me. It’s probably nothing but I just got worried. I mean I haven’t seen him in a while and I just keep thinking about Eunae. What if she decided to break whatever deal they made?” Rosé explains, tears forming in her eyes. “Hey,” he says, wiping her tears with his thumbs, “you have me now. Even if she does break it, she won’t hurt you as long as I’m around. Plus she just wanted you away from EXO and that basically happened so it’s probably nothing. Don’t worry about it too much.” 

 

She nods her head and agrees with him, he pulls her close and kisses the top of her head. “Are you ready for our big plans today?” He asks her. “Of course I am,” she responds giggling. They head to the living room, sit on the couch and turn on Netflix. Since they can’t go out they’ve just been watching Netflix shows, mostly English ones so that Wonho can learn English at the same time. 

 

“This show looks interesting,” Rosé says, clicking on it and looking over at Wonho for confirmation. He smiles at her. “I’ll watch anything you pick.” She turns the show on and grabs the blanket pulling it over both of them, then laying her head on Wonho’s chest he wraps his arm around her giving her some more warmth despite the chilly apartment. 

 

They watch several episodes of the show but have to stop since they have a music show to go to. “We can watch some more later, this show is really good!” Wonho exclaims. “Yeah, I guess I’m just great at picking shows,” Rosé suggests, causing Wonho to laugh at her silliness. They both put their coats on and head out to Wonho’s car. “Luckily you’re wearing a hat, anyone could recognize you with this purple hair,” Rosé jokes. “That’s true, do we have to go to your work first?” He asks, she nods. 

 

Once at her work, Rosé grabs the outfits for the music show, and they head to the venue. When they get to the changing room for Monsta X the other members are already there. “Hey guys! I got some clothes for ya,” Rosé exclaims. She hands the outfits to each member and tells them to go change right away. After they’re all dressed, she checks the measurements which are perfect and smiles. “You guys are all so handsome.” “Thanks to you,” Shownu tells her. “What are you talking about? I’m naturally handsome,” Kihyun says, causing everyone to laugh. 

 

They wait for a little bit, then the guys leave Rosé to do their performance. She decides to text Suho asking if they can meet somewhere else since the heating isn’t working in her apartment. He asks her to come to EXO’s dorm instead and reluctantly she agrees. After a little while the guys return very sweaty but looking happy. “I’m guessing it went well then?” Rosé assumes, based on the smiles on their faces. “Yeah it was good!” Shownu exclaims. They go to get changed before they decide to head back home. “Are you guys coming with us?” Minhyuk asks Rosé and Wonho. “We would, but we’re watching this really good show on Netflix,” Wonho explains, “I’ll be back later tonight.” 

 

They get in the car and head back to Rosé’s apartment building. Once inside she tells him about the text messages with Suho regarding tomorrow’s meeting. “And you don’t want to see all of them?” Wonho asks her. She shakes her head. “But there’s a chance they won’t all be there either so I guess I’ll just have to see,” she says. Rosé is mostly worried about seeing Chanyeol because she used to have some feelings for him. She hasn’t even told Wonho about any of that, but she doesn’t feel it’s necessary considering they’ve only been dating for a couple weeks now. 

 

“It’s still pretty cold in here,” Wonho mentions as they sit on the couch to continue watching their show. “Yeah, I thought it’d be fixed by now. At least I got you to keep me warm for now,” she responds, snuggling up next to him as he wraps his arms around her. After a couple more episodes Wonho decides to go back to the dorm. “Are you sure you don’t want to come stay with us?” He asks her, “we have heating and I don’t want you getting sick.” “I’ll be okay, I think I’ll come downstairs with you then I can talk to the people at the front desk.” “Or you just don’t want me to leave so you want to spend more time with me on a semi long elevator ride,” he suggests, smiling at her. “Whatever you say.” She stands up and pecks his cheek before heading towards the elevator. 

 

Once they’re downstairs Wonho heads to the parking lot underground while Rosé goes up to the front desk. “May I help you?” The receptionist asks her. “Yeah, I was wondering if you knew anything about the heating. It hasn’t been working for more than a day now.” “I’m sorry about that miss, we are currently working on getting the problem fixed as soon as we can,” she explains, and Rosé heads back up to her apartment. 

 

In the morning Rosé takes a hot shower before going to EXO’s dorm. Right when she knocks on the door Suho comes to open it and let her in. “Hey, it’s good to see you,” he says giving her a brief hug. “Yeah, you too.” They sit at the table in the dining area, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo come as well. “The others are all out right now so it’s just us,” Suho explains. 

 

Seeing Chanyeol causes Rosé to feel uncomfortable, for some reason her heart is racing. She desperately wants to tell him that she’s dating Wonho and that dating an idol is possible, but she’s not that type of person. She won’t do that to him, and she knows that no one can know of their relationship anyways. 

 

“So, what did you want to talk about?” She asks them. “We thought it’d be fair to tell you what happened when we met up with Eunae months ago,” Suho says and tells her what happened, leaving out the part referring to Chanyeol having feelings for her. Chanyeol feels relieved that Suho didn’t mention his feelings because he feels confused as it is with Rosé around. “You guys seriously thought that by being distant towards me was going to help in some way? And why do you guys keep thinking that if you’re nice to me I’ll fall in love with you? That’s literally not how love works, and just so you know I don’t have any feelings for any of you that’s more than friends anyways,” Rosé says angrily. 

 

Chanyeol looks at her shocked, he definitely thought she had feelings for him but he guesses that he was imagining things. He was really rude to her before so it makes sense. But something does seem different about her, he just can’t place it yet. “So are we good then?” Chanyeol asks her, smiling. He decided right this second he’ll act like his normal cheerful and smiley self towards her, maybe then she’ll open up towards him. Taken aback by his kindness, Rosé nods her head. 

 

“Now that we have that out of the way, we were hoping you’d design our outfits for the music awards at the end of the month,” Suho tells her. “I will, only if you guys agree to act normal again because I promise I won’t fall in love with you that easily,” Rosé responds. They agree. “You’ll have to tell me when you want me to come and look at your performance because I’m still doing Monsta X promotions right now. I’m also doing their outfits for MAMA this year.” Chanyeol looks closely at her, wondering why she’s mentioning Monsta X more than she ever did to them before. They never knew she designed for them until Chanyeol saw Wonho in her apartment that day months ago. “Of course, we’ll let you know. We’re still working on some finishing touches right now,” Suho tells her. 

 

Rosé heads home and spends the rest of the day in her chilly apartment wrapped in blankets and several layers of clothes. She falls asleep that night in a cocoon of blankets. Most of the night Rosé tosses and turns, she barely sleeps due to the cold creeping into her bones. 

 

The next morning she feels miserable, cold and so heavy. Her head pounds every time she tries to move and every sound she hears seems to be amplified, so naturally when the buzzer in the living room goes off the noise causes her to flinch from the pain. She gets up slowly, it takes at least 5 minutes for her to get to the door and let Wonho and Shownu come inside. She decides to stand next to the door so she won’t have to move more than is necessary when they get upstairs. 

 

She opens the door for them, barely taking in their expressions before she throws up on the ground. “Oh my god Rosé! What’s wrong?” Shownu exclaims, while Wonho lifts her up and puts her onto the couch. “She’s burning up,” Wonho says putting his hand on her forehead, “I knew she’d get sick in this cold apartment.” “It’s pretty chilly here, is the heating broken or something?” Shownu asks. Wonho nods his head, and walks over to her bathroom looking for some medication while Shownu cleans her face with a cloth and handing her some water.

 

“Here, take these pills. I’m going to pack a bag of clothes for you, you’re coming to stay with us until this heating problem is fixed,” Wonho tells her, handing her the pills. She takes them and feels her pain begin to slowly subside. “Okay, thank you,” she says looking up at him and giving him a small smile. 

 

Wonho and Shownu grab clothes and toiletries, put them in a bag to bring with them while Rosé sits on the couch. “Okay, we’re good to go. Are you okay to walk?” Shownu asks Rosé, she nods and stands up slowly. Once in the car she sits in the backseat with Wonho while Shownu drives them to their dorm. “I’m sorry about lying to you,” she tells Wonho. He looks at her confused. “What do you mean?” “It’s probably the drugs you gave her, they make you sleepy and talk nonsense,” Shownu tells Wonho. “I had feelings for Chanyeol months ago when I worked with them. He was so rude to me, I thought I didn’t deserve happiness because of him. Until I met you, you changed everything,” Rosé explains, then passes out from exhaustion and the pills taking effect. 

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a bit, I’ll try to update more often. Lots happened in this chapter though, I hope you enjoyed it. :)