Chapter 14

Working alongside EXO

The morning comes quickly and Rosé wakes up feeling refreshed for the day ahead of her. She decides to first get some groceries so she can stock up her cupboards. She buys almost everything she sees on the shelves; not eating her favourite Korean foods in 4 months was rough. She stocks up the fridge and all the cupboards before heading out to meet with Lisa for lunch. 

 

“I missed you so much!” Lisa exclaims giving Rosé a hug and a kiss on the cheek, “the cats have too by the way.” “I missed you too! I’m so hungry, let’s get a table and eat,” Rosé suggests. They sit down at a small table on a patio outside, the warm weather feeling pleasant and carrying a small breeze. A waiter brings them 2 cold glasses of water and gives them some time to choose what to eat. “I heard you’ve been hanging around EXO and more specifically Kai a lot,” Rosé says, winking at Lisa. She blushes and takes a sip of her water. “I have, it’s been great. Jongin and I have been together for 8 months now and things are going great. Also, I meant to tell you how Chanyeol was when you were gone,” Lisa says. Rosé leans forward curious to hear what she has to say. “He was so worried about how you were doing ALL the time! When the news about Wonho and Jennie came out he freaked out, especially because you didn’t answer any calls or texts for a whole day. It was truly intriguing to watch, I’m getting a vibe from him.” “What kind of a vibe?” Rosé asks. “I think he likes you Rosie, a lot. I’ve noticed before but when you were gone he was like a completely different person. Last night he came home and he was so happy and smiling again, I figured he’d seen you and I was right!” 

 

Rosé smiles and blushes at what Lisa told her. “I can’t believe he acted that way, but it could also just be concern for a friend because we are really close,” Rosé says. Lisa shakes her finger at her. “No, no, no, that’s definitely not it. I can sense it Rosie, I’m telling you. Park Chanyeol of EXO likes you! Just wait, soon enough you’ll see I’m right,” she explains. Rosé decides to drop that specific subject because she knows Lisa won’t give up her reasoning behind what she thinks. 

 

The waiter returns to take their order. “What can I get you lovely ladies today?” He asks. “We’ll get a large Caesar salad and the fettuccine chicken Alfredo please,” Lisa orders. “Of course,” he says smiling at her, while taking the menus back he gives her a wink and she blushes. 

 

“Lisa! What was that? The waiter likes you!!” Rosé exclaims. “Well, I’m taken so to be him,” she replies laughing. The food arrives shortly and they dig in. “Mmm this is so delicious!!” Rosé exclaims. Lisa laughs at her. “I missed watching your face when you eat, it completely lights up. You’re such a foodie,” she tells her, “so what’re you doing the rest of the day?” “I still need to unpack all my things and do laundry. Chanyeol offered to help me so I might call him to come over,” she says. Lisa makes a face at her and Rosé sighs. “What? It doesn’t mean anything, he’s helped me with laundry before. It’s faster at least and then I’ll have company,” Rosé explains, stabbing a piece of chicken and popping it into . 

 

Chanyeol spends half the day waiting for Rosé to call, he’s impatient and wants to see her again since last night wasn’t a long visit. “So I’m guessing last night was good then?” Suho asks him in the afternoon. Chanyeol nods. “She’s the same Rosé I know and like so much. I only saw her for a little since she was so tired but I’m sure she’ll call me today.” “Well she did have a busy couple months, so if she doesn’t call don’t be too upset. She might just need her rest,” Suho tells him before leaving to go to the gym. 

 

“I’m going to see you soon right?” Lisa asks Rosé when they finish their lunch. “Of course, I want to see my kitties too. Say hi to Kai and the others, I’ll probably stop by and see them tomorrow.” Lisa nods and heads to the car waiting for her, Kai was picking her up. Rosé heads back home and is surprised to run into Shownu in the lobby of the building. 

 

“Shownu? Is that you?” She asks, she looks up at him as he turns around and smiles meekly. Instantly she forgets the last time she saw him and runs up to give him a hug. He wraps his arms around her tightly. “I wasn’t sure if you were home or not,” he says, “I wanted to come and talk to you.” She lets go of him and smiles. “Come upstairs.” 

 

They get settled in Rosé’s living room and she hands him a drink. “I wanted to apologize. The last time I was here, with Wonho, was a stupid decision. One that I shouldn’t have made and I really hope you can forgive me. I’ve known you for so long now and you’re like my little sister, I can’t imagine living without you. And these past 4 months have been horrible, I’ve felt so guilty,” he explains. Rosé sighs and takes a sip from her drink before responding. “It’s okay, whatever’s happened is in the past. I’d prefer if we didn’t talk about Wonho though.” “Of course! I understand, but anyways tell me how the past 4 months have been. We’ve been touring too but just on a short break right now,” he says, and Rosé tells him about all that’s happened conveniently leaving out the parts regarding Chanyeol. 

 

Chanyeol waits all day, and he never got a call from Rosé so he heads to his room to go to bed. All of a sudden his phone is ringing and it’s her calling.

“Hello?” 

“Hey! Oh my god I have a story for you, did you still wanna come over and help with laundry? I’m only starting it right now.” 

“Sure, I’ll be there in 10.” 

“Alright.” 

He hangs up the phone, puts on a hoodie and ripped jeans and heads over to Rosé’s apartment curious for this story. Upon arriving she buzzes him in and he heads upstairs, finding the door already open a crack for him. “Rosé?” He calls out. “In here,” she replies from the bathroom. He heads over and finds her piling a bunch of clothes into the washing machine. 

 

“Hey, what’s up? Wow you really just started,” Chanyeol says. She turns to look at him and smiles. “I had a busy day.” She turns on the washing machine and they head to the living room. “I got drinks and snacks now, I did get to do the groceries today at least,” she tells him. “Thanks,” he says as she hands him a drink and takes a seat across from him in an armchair, “so what’s the story you had to tell me?” She laughs and leans back in the armchair. “Well, I went out with Lisa today. Then when I got home Shownu was waiting for me,” she starts, and Chanyeol’s eyes widen. “Basically he apologized for what happened the last time we saw one another. It was fine, and I caught him up on everything that happened. He told me later on that apparently Wonho and Jennie aren’t dating at all.”

 

Chanyeol immediately regrets even thinking that Rosé was over Wonho, she must not be if this is the story she’s telling him. “Oh, so what was happening then?” He asks quietly. “Well, the one time I saw them at Monsta X’s dorm they were kinda together but not like official. Wonho didn’t like her that much though or something, I’m not too sure. He ended things and when they got caught by the paparazzi that was when she was trying to convince him to date her,” she explains, “I’m telling you it’s going to be awkward working with Jennie now.” She laughs and takes a handful of nuts out of the bowl on the table. 

 

“So how do you feel about all of this then?” He asks her. “I’m fine with it. I mean a part of me was relieved that they weren’t dating but I don’t really care, it’s none of my business. I am going to continue working with Monsta X though, I don’t want what happened with Wonho and I to affect my friendship with the other guys. We’ll just be civilized I suppose.” Chanyeol nods. “Interesting story. You don’t still have feelings for him do you?” She looks up surprised by this question. “No, I don’t.”

 

They don’t talk about Wonho or Monsta X after this and do the laundry. Late in the night Chanyeol heads back to the dorm his thoughts about Rosé all over the place. She told him that she doesn’t have feelings for Wonho but a part of him doesn’t believe her entirely. He decides to not worry about it, he doesn’t want to force their relationship either so he decides to take things slow for now and see how it goes. 

 

The following evening Rosé heads to EXO’s dorm for a welcome back get together. She puts on a long blue wrap dress with white polka dots, white adidas sneakers and a black cardigan. She ties her hair back slightly with a black ribbon. The guys bought a large cake for her and are in the process of cutting it when she arrives. 

 

“Rosie!” Sehun exclaims running over to give her a hug. “Hi!” She hugs him back. “You look gorgeous as always,” Suho says from behind Sehun and gives her a hug and kiss on the cheek. “Thank you. You look handsome yourself,” she smiles, “wow you guys are already cutting the cake I only just arrived.” “We got hungry,” Kai says kissing her on the cheek from behind, “I need to talk to you later, alone,” he whispers in her ear. She smiles and nods at him. “Where are the others?” Rosé asks them as they sit in the living room with their slices of cake. “They’ll be around, they had to work on some things first,” Suho tells her, “so how was the tour? How’ve you been?” “Good, I really enjoyed myself. It was like a 4 month long vacation, but I’m really tired now.” “Yeah, that’s understandable.”

 

A little while later the others show up and welcome Rosé back. They all chat for a bit, when the guys get distracted by one another Kai quickly pulls Rosé aside to his room. “What’s up?” She asks, sitting down on his bed. He grabs a chair and sits across from her. “I was wondering what you thought about me asking Lisa to move in with me,” he starts, “I know we haven’t been together for a whole year yet, but when you know you know.” She puts her hand over in shock. “Oh my god! Are you serious? That’s so cute! I completely approve of this!!” She exclaims excited. Kai smiles widely and gives her a hug. “You think so?” She nods and smiles at him. “She’ll be ecstatic! She really loves you,” she tells him, “so you’re moving out of here?” “Yeah, the guys will be happy to have an extra room,” he laughs, “we should go back or they’ll get suspicious.” 

 

“So, how was it last night when you were at Rosé’s apartment?” Suho asks Chanyeol when Rosé heads to Kai’s room. Kyungsoo leans in to hear Chanyeol’s response as well. “It didn’t go that well,” he tells them and explains what Rosé told him last night. “That doesn’t change things though, she said so herself. She doesn’t have feelings for him anymore,” Kyungsoo says. Chanyeol sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. “I know she said that, but I’m scared to ask her out and have her say no because of what happened with her and Wonho,” he tells them. Rosé and Kai return to the living room so the guys don’t get a chance to tell Chanyeol he’s being ridiculous. 

 

“Rosé got a new speaker, so we’re going to go to her house and have a dance party. You guys coming?” Kai asks. They all decide to come and Kai calls Lisa inviting her as well. Upon arriving in Rosé’s apartment the guys help move the coffee table and couch out of the way so that there’s room to dance. Rosé turns on the speaker and shuffles a playlist, she then heads to her room to change into clothes that are easier to dance in. She puts on a short black skirt with white stripes and a matching cropped top, she lets her hair down and it flows down to her waist. 

 

When she gets back to the living room Lisa has arrived and she runs over to give her a hug. “Yay you came!” She exclaims. “I’m going to go sit by the bar and drink, I’m not in the dancing mood,” Lisa says. Rosé pouts. “Aww you wanna talk about it?” Lisa shakes her head and encourages Rosé to dance with the others. 

 

Chanyeol heads over to the bar and sits next to Lisa grabbing a drink for himself. “What’s up with you?” He asks her. She turns her head but looks away taking a sip of her drink. “Nothing.” “Okay then,” he replies, and turns his chair so he can watch the others dancing. “I know you like Rosé,” Lisa says, causing Chanyeol to look over at her. “What makes you say that?” He turns his head and watches Rosé dancing with Suho, a big smile on her face. Her body moving along smoothly with the rhythm of the song, her hair flowing beautifully down her back. “Oh come on Chanyeol, its extremely obvious. The way you look at her, the way you talk to her and how you are around her. All very obvious signs to everyone except for her apparently,” she tells him. “What’s that supposed to mean?” He asks. “It means I told her that you like her and she’s made herself to believe that you act the way you do because you guys are really close friends.” 

 

Chanyeol is surprised by this sudden information, why would Lisa tell Rosé this? And more importantly why is Rosé so adamant on them just being friends? “My suspicion is that she’s scared to date after Wonho, since he refused to go public with her she may believe dating an idol is a bad idea,” she explains. Chanyeol sighs. “Well everything you said is true, I do like her. A lot as a matter of fact. I’m just worried she won’t feel the same way, all these things you say I do when I’m around her, does she do the same?” Lisa takes a sip of her drink before answering. “All I know right now is that you were never her favourite in EXO and even after meeting you guys, you were her least favourite in the beginning. And yet, she’s the closest to you. If anything I expected her to go for Suho, but then again I’m not sure that’s out of the question right now,” she says tilting her head toward the two slow dancing together. 

 

“I’m not worried about Suho, he sees her as a younger sibling and he knows how I feel. But I can’t tell if she feels the same way I do,” Chanyeol says. “I’ll tell you one more thing before I leave,” she starts, causing him to lean towards her, “you gave that necklace to her 6 months ago and she hasn’t taken it off to this day.” Lisa gets up and leaves the apartment with Kai. 

 

Chanyeol ponders what she’s told him, maybe he should make a move on Rosé but he’s not sure when the right time is or if there is a right time. A couple minutes later Rosé sits in Lisa’s empty spot next to him and smiles brightly at him. “You look happy,” he says giving her a smile. “I am. You look like you’re thinking deeply, did I interrupt your thoughts?” He shakes his head. “No, it’s okay. How’s your dance party going?” He asks. “It’s basically done, you missed it all. I saw you talking to Lisa, did she tell you why she was upset?” “She didn’t.” “Oh, I suppose I’ll have to ask tomorrow, are you heading back with the guys?” She asks him. “Did you want me to?” She shakes her head. “If you want to stay longer, I’m okay with that.” 

 

They sit down on the couch together and talk for several more hours. Rosé yawns and Chanyeol laughs. “I should get going, you’re probably still jet lagged,” he says, grabbing a piece of her hair and tucking it behind her ear. She looks up at him surprised and he slowly leans forward to kiss her, but out of nowhere Rosé places her hand on his mouth. “Stop.” He pulls back instantly, quite embarrassed. “I’m sorry, I can’t do this,” she says and gets up going to her room. Chanyeol sighs and heads home confused. 

 

He thought she liked him, but maybe she just isn’t ready. He heads straight to Suho’s room not even realizing it’s 3am and he’s asleep. Suho rubs his eyes and sits up in his bed. “Chanyeol? What are you doing?” Chanyeol lays down next to Suho and puts his head in his lap. “Chanyeol? What happened?” “I tried to kiss Rosé, I was at her apartment this whole time,” Chanyeol says, “she stopped me and left.” Suho takes a deep breath sighing. He runs his fingers through Chanyeol’s hair as if he were a child. “I’m sorry, did she say anything?” “She just said she can’t do this. I don’t know what to do now.” “I guess tomorrow is going to be quite awkward,” Suho tells him. Chanyeol sits up and stares at him. “What’s tomorrow?” “The guys and Rosé planned to go to karaoke tomorrow night. You don’t have to go,” he tells him. “No, I want to. Maybe I can figure things out with her then.” He lays down again next to Suho and they both fall asleep swiftly. 

 

Rosé, on the other hand, cries silently in her room and after she knows that Chanyeol has left she takes a long hot shower. She’s not entirely sure why she stopped him, she believes that she was afraid of what it would mean for their friendship. It’s not something she would like to ruin, but Chanyeol probably hates her now since she rejected him so there’s that. She already made plans for tomorrow night so of course she’s not going to bail on the guys. She’ll just have to try to pretend everything is normal. 

 

The following night Rosé heads to the karaoke venue wearing a short white dress with flowers. The guys are already there by the time she arrives, excited to sing. “Hey beautiful,” Suho says giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “Hey.” “You okay?” He asks. She looks at him and nods smiling. “Perfect.” Everyone sits down on the couches in the room and then take turns singing a song. Rosé sits on the opposite side of the room from where Chanyeol is sitting but she can feel his gaze on her. 

 

Chen takes Chanyeol out of his daze by handing him the mic. “You sing my song,” he says, “with Rosé.” Chanyeol looks confused but stands up and walks to the mic stand. Rosé slowly walks over and they sing the love song together. Rosé can’t help but to look at Chanyeol throughout the song causing her feelings to confuse her. Why does she feel this way? As soon as the song finishes she drops the mic and leaves the room. The guys look confused at one another and at Chanyeol. Chanyeol puts his mic on the stand and runs after her catching up with her in the hallway. 

 

“Rosé! Wait,” he says grabbing hold of her arm, “what did I do?” She turns around and sighs. “You didn’t do anything, it’s me. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now. I don’t want to ruin our friendship because I need you,” she explains. “You’re not ruining our friendship, nor will you ever. I think that’s impossible, you’re stuck with me,” he says making her laugh. “If you say so,” she tells him, “but I’m not going back there. I think I’ll just go home.” “Okay.” He pulls her close against his chest so she can hear his heartbeat and she wraps her arms around his chest. “Did you want to go for a hike tomorrow with me? We can bring Lisa and Kai too, then we can figure out what’s up with her,” he suggests. “Sure, call me when you want to go and I’ll come.” She turns and leaves the building. 

 

Lisa comes over to visit Rosé later that night and sleeps over. Before they go to sleep Lisa turns to Rosé and sighs. “What?” Rosé asks turning her head. “I heard what happened today, between you and Chanyeol.” “I figured you would, it’s nothing.” “It’s not nothing. What’s up with you? Do you like him or not?” Lisa asks. Rosé sighs and looks away from her friend. “I don’t know. He’s one of my closest friends, I talk to him about everything. I’m scared of ruining our friendship and I believe a relationship will do that as well as the fact he’s an idol,” she explains. “Rosie, I get that. I’m serious I do, but if anything your friendship will only be beneficial in a relationship since you know each other so well. Plus I’m dating an idol, we’re doing great.” Rosé smiles and hugs her best friend. “Thank you Lisa,” she tells her. “I’m here for you. And tomorrow I will nudge this in a forward direction,” Lisa says, causing Rosé to hit her before turning off the lights. 

 

Morning comes and the girls make waffles with fruits and whipped cream for breakfast. “When’re they coming over?” Lisa asks, “I still gotta get changed.” “Same, Chanyeol said he’d call me though.” They both take showers and get changed. Lisa puts on a green tank top with light blue jean shorts and sneakers. Rosé put on black shorts, a white crop top with a red and black plaid shirt on top. Shortly after Chanyeol called and the guys came over. They drive to a forest with lots of trails nearby and start walking. The trail is mostly big enough for the 4 of them to walk next to one another. Half an hour into their walk Chanyeol decides to interrogate Lisa. 

 

“So Lisa why were you so upset the other day when we were at Rosé’s house?” Chanyeol asks. Lisa looks over at him and laughs. “Oh that was nothing. I was just upset for girl reasons, not very interesting. Believe me.” “Ah, alright,” he says. They continue talking about other things but Rosé is wondering about what reason caused Lisa to be so upset the other day. She’s taken out of her thoughts abruptly when Lisa yells something. “What?” Rosé asked confused. “Bikers!” Rosé looks up a split second too late, she notices a dozen bikers coming right at them very fast. She sees Lisa and Kai quickly went to the side of the trail but she doesn’t have time to run to that side so she quickly runs to the left. As she does she bumps into Chanyeol causing him to lose balance and fall down the large hill through the trees. “Chanyeol!” She yells but he’s rolling down the hill fast. The bikers pass them quickly and before Lisa and Kai can stop her she runs down the steep hill to catch up with him. 

 

“Rosé don’t!” Lisa yells, before grabbing Kai’s hand and following the trail to meet them at the bottom. Rosé’s feet slam onto the ground hard with each step since she’s going steeply downhill, her hands stretched out in front of her so she doesn’t fall are getting cut up by tree branches. She continues running and spots Chanyeol at the bottom of the hill in front of a tree unconscious. She runs faster but slips on some mud and falls onto her bum continuing downhill until she reaches him. 

 

“Chanyeol! Oh my god!” She yells, grabbing hold of his face. She feels his pulse and it’s still there. His arms and legs have a few scratches on them but other than that he seems okay, except for the fact he hit his head against the tree knocking him out, blood underneath him from the wound. “Rosé!” Lisa screams running up to her friend, “we got the paramedics they’re right behind us. Is he okay?” Rosé starts to cry and when trying to wipe her tears she ends up wiping blood all over her face that came off her injured hands. Lisa helps her stand while the paramedics take care of Chanyeol, placing him on a gurney. “Oh my god, Rosé your leg,” Kai says from behind them. “What?” She asks trying to turn and look at it unable to see anything. Lisa turns her and looks at the back of her thigh, a tree branch must’ve cut her on the way down since there’s a large open gash. 

 

The paramedics keep her standing and wrap a bandage around it for now. “We can’t do much until we get you to a hospital,” the paramedic says, “The adrenaline is keeping you from feeling the pain for now.” They wrap some bandages around her hands and help her into the ambulance along with Chanyeol. She sits next to one of the paramedics and holds onto Chanyeol’s hand. “We’ll meet you there,” Kai tells them, “I’ll call the guys too.” 

 

Upon arriving at the hospital Chanyeol is taken to a trauma room right away and several doctors head in there. Rosé on the other hand is put onto a gurney in the general emergency room and told a doctor will come to her. A couple minutes later Suho shows up. “Oh my god Suho,” Rosé says starting to cry again. “Hey, it’s okay,” he tells her giving her a hug, “don’t worry, Chanyeol is in good hands.” A doctor comes soon and starts debriding her hands, he gives her an IV with some meds to ensure she doesn’t feel anything. “Looks like you won’t need stitches, but you’ll want to keep these bandages on for a while. They can be worn in the shower, you might need some assistance with day to day tasks since the bandages will prevent you from doing certain things,” the doctor tells her, “now let me take a look at that leg.” 

 

Suho heads back to the waiting room where everyone else is. “What happened? Did they say anything yet?” He asks them. “They’ve done a full work up on him, they’re just taking him for a head CT now,” Kyungsoo responds. “What about Rosie? Is she okay?” Kai asks. Suho takes a seat and sighs. “She’s a little shaken up, I’m sure she’ll be fine.” 

 

The doctor debrides her leg while she lays on her stomach, he then places stitches to hold it together and cleans it up, before putting a bandage on it and wrapping it. “You’ll have to come back in a week to get the stitches taken out. This bandage cannot get wet okay?” She nods and tries to sit up but the pain has now come causing her to stumble. “Okay, I’m going to get you a wheelchair. You probably shouldn’t be weight bearing now, you can take it home with you.” 

 

A couple minutes later a nurse is pushing Rosé in her wheelchair to the waiting area where the guys are sitting. She hands her the prescription for pain killers and leaves. “Hey! How are you feeling?” Suho asks. “Like , I’m in a lot of pain right now so if I’m in a pissy mood you’ll know why,” she tells him, “how’s Chanyeol?” “They did a CT, he seems okay. They’re going to keep him overnight for observation.” “Can we see him?” She asks. Suho shrugs. “They haven’t said anything else yet.” 

 

The guys talk amongst themselves while Lisa sits down next to Rosé grabbing her hand. Rosé winces and she lets her go. “Sorry,” Lisa mumbles. “It’s okay.” “You were incredibly stupid for running after him and almost killing yourself in the process,” Lisa tells her, “he would still be in the same position if you didn’t do that you know?” Rosé nods. “I guess I deserve the pain I got since it’s my fault this happened in the first place,” she says. Lisa grabs her by the shoulders and looks her in the eyes. “This is not your fault Rosé,” she tells her straight. Tears form in Rosé’s eyes as she responds. “I’m the one who ran into him. I can’t get the image of him falling down that hill out of my head, I feel so guilty.” The guys turn their heads to their conversation due to them hearing Rosé crying. 

 

Kyungsoo puts his hand on Rosé’s shoulder and gives it a squeeze. She turns her head to look at him and he gives her a soft smile. “Rosie we don’t blame you for anything that happened.” She smiles back and sighs. The doctor then comes back and informs them they can visit with Chanyeol but not for long since he needs his rest. He also mentions that he has a concussion so they need to keep the lights low and talk quietly. 

 

The guys visit him in groups in two and then finally Rosé gets to come in. By the time she is pushed into his room and Lisa walks out she notices he’s fast asleep, probably from all the visitors. She sits in her chair for a little while watching him sleep, his chest slowly going up and down. She notices the bandage around his head and some bandages on his arms. He looks like if she’s honest and the guilt comes creeping back causing her to feel even more distressed and in pain. 

 

She calls Lisa back and she takes her back out of the room. Suho offers to drive Rosé home and she agrees, the drive is silent but she doesn’t mind. “Thank you for driving me home,” she tells him as he wheels her into her apartment, “I’m good from here.” “You sure?” He asks and she nods, she doesn’t want to bother him any longer. Instead of showering and getting cleaned up, Rosé just wheels herself to her bed and goes to sleep. 

 

The following morning Rosé lays in bed for as long as she can before deciding to attempt taking a bath. She manages to get herself in the wheelchair okay, but once in the bathroom she has no idea how she’ll get into the tub. She strips down as much as she can, puts the brakes on her wheelchair and stands up. She holds onto the tub and gets her one leg in but when she tries to get her injured leg in a sharp pain goes through her body and she cries out in pain causing her to fall into the tub. She quickly gets into a sitting position wincing often and notices the water in the tub turning red. She realizes that the pain must’ve been her stitches coming off so she sighs and looks around the room for her phone. It’s nowhere to be found. She rests her head against the back of the tub and passes out. 

 

The guys go to visit Chanyeol again, he’s awake and  feeling a bit better. “Where’s Rosé? How is she? I remember she was running after me,” he says. “She got hurt as well but she’ll be okay,” Suho tells him. “Hurt? Where is she?” “They sent her home, her hands were covered in scratches and a tree cut open the back of her leg. She’ll be in a wheelchair for a little bit.” “Is she at home then?” Chanyeol asks. They nod. “Alone?” They nod again. “Do you seriously think that’s a good idea, she should have someone look after her. One of you better go check on her unless you want me to,” he says. 

 

Suho heads over to Rosé’s apartment shortly after with Kyungsoo. “Do you think she’s okay?” Kyungsoo asks. “I’m sure she’s just relaxing in bed,” Suho responds. He knocks on the door, but she doesn’t open it. He tries turning the doorknob and finds it’s unlocked, they both head inside suspicious. Once in her bedroom they realize she isn’t here. “Maybe she’s in the bathroom?” Suho suggests. Kyungsoo grabs his arm stopping him. “Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Suho pushes past him and opens the bathroom door. “Oh my god, get in here!” Kyungsoo follows and gasps, the bathtub is filled with blood and Rosé is laying unconscious in it. 

 

They immediately grab towels, lift her up out of the tub onto the ground and call an ambulance. The paramedics bring her to the hospital and re stitch her leg wrapping another bandage around it. “Are you guys the ones taking care of her?” The doctor asks them shortly after. They nod. “She can’t do things on her own, she’ll need lots of help and shouldn’t be left alone. She lost lots of blood but she’ll be okay.” 

 

Rosé slowly wakes up several hours later surprised to find she’s in the hospital. She reaches for her leg and notices it’s bandaged up again. Then the door opens and Suho walks in smiling, happy to see her awake. “You gave us quite a scare,” he tells her sitting down on the bed beside her. “Oh my god! You saw me didn’t you?” She exclaims. He nods. “I had no choice, you looked like you got murdered in the bathtub,” he says laughing. “Oh, was it just you then?” She asks. “No, Kyungsoo was with me. Chanyeol sent us to check up on you. He figured you’d be stubborn and try to do things all on your own.” She blushes which Suho notices but doesn’t mention to her. 

 

The doctor returns shortly and discharges her, Suho hands her a hoodie and shorts to change into and waits outside. He then brings her up to Chanyeol’s room since he’s getting discharged as well. Chanyeol got dressed in a hoodie and jeans, with a black beanie on his head to hide the bandaging. “Hey you,” he says walking up to Rosé. She attempts to stand up from her wheelchair but Suho pushes her back down. “Don’t even think about it.” She glares at Suho and the guys laugh. “Let’s go.” 

 

They all head to EXO’s dorm, Rosé still pretty drained from everything that happened today decides to go to bed. Suho takes her into his room and helps her get into his bed. “Are you sure you don’t wanna change?” He asks. She shakes her head, pulls the covers up and takes off the hoodie so she’s just in her bra and shorts. “You’re seriously hiding? I’ve seen you ,” he laughs. “Don’t judge me. Until I’ve seen you completely without you knowing it we’re not even.” “What did I just walk in on?” Chanyeol asks standing in the doorframe. “Nothing,” Suho says walking past him, he pauses though and whispers in his ear, “be nice, she feels horrible for what happened to you.” Then he leaves closing the door. 

 

Chanyeol walks into the room and sits on the end of the bed, Rosé looks up at him and smiles. “I was hoping we could talk before you get some rest,” he says. “Sure, what’s up?” “Look, I know how you must be feeling because I’ve felt the same exact way,” he starts, “when you got hurt all those months ago and left in that alley I felt the same guilt you’re feeling right now. Because of me you left the dorm and got hurt, and I carried that around for a while.” Rosé’s smile fades and she’s more surprised if anything that he remembers that happening. She’s shocked that he blamed himself for her getting beat up when it clearly would’ve happened at some point. “I don’t want you doing the same thing with what happened 2 days ago. It’s not your fault, and I don’t blame you for me getting hurt. I was more worried when you came running down the hill after me.”

 

He looks up at her face and sees a tear rolling down her cheek. “I’m sorry,” she says wiping her eyes, “I’m just glad you’re relatively okay. I don’t know what I would’ve done if you weren’t.” He smiles and cups her checks with his hands, “I feel the same way,” he says and kisses her on the forehead. “Get some rest, I’ll come check on you in a few hours.” She nods and lays her head down on the pillow as he walks out of the room closing the door behind him.