Chapter 10

Working alongside EXO

Rosé manages to catch up to Chanyeol at the door to his hotel room. “Chanyeol! Please wait!” She shouts. He turns his head slightly but doesn’t look at her, “Just leave me alone please.” After closing the door behind him she leans against the wall and cries. 

 

Wonho goes back to the hotel room and the guys all stare at him in shock. “You might’ve just ruined your relationship with her Wonho,” Shownu tells him. Wonho sighs and sits down on the bed. “We heard everything from in here, why would you make her say all those things about Chanyeol in front of him?” Minhyuk asks. “I don’t know, I’m just worried she’d leave me for him I suppose. I know I screwed up, I don’t know what to do.” 

 

An hour later Chanyeol decides to go see Rosé and talk to her. He knocks on the door, she looks shocked to see him but lets him in anyway. He sits down the bed next to her and wraps his arms around her, she holds onto his arms and cries. They sit like this for a little while, and he grabs her a few tissues and some water. 

 

“Why are you here? I thought you hated me,” she says, looking up at him. “Of course I don’t hate you. I was just angry, but I know there’s always two sides to a story so I want you to tell me everything,” he tells her. So she does. She tells him that she started dating Wonho over a month ago now, but when she told him about how she used to have feelings for Chanyeol he became really overprotective of her. She says that she thinks Wonho was jealous when he saw she had Chanyeol’s shirt and that’s why he confronted Chanyeol. She got mad because it could make it seem like they were dating and it was meant to be a secret. 

 

“And the rest you know because you were standing there I guess while we were talking,” she finishes. “So you two are dating? I mean, it’s not that big of a secret. I kind of figured you two were when he came to see me and because you mentioned him and Monsta X more than usual,” he tells her. “Do the others know as well?” She asks worried. He shakes his head. “Don’t worry, I’ll keep your secret. As for Wonho, I think he might just be insecure and jealous that you hang out with me.” “What did you say to him when he came to see you?” Chanyeol sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. “I didn’t say anything to make him more insecure. I told him I did have feelings for you months ago but I knew it wouldn’t work out anyways,” he explains. 

 

After Chanyeol tells Rosé that he used to have feelings for her she feels some sort of regret for a split second, just because she’s still mad at Wonho. But the feeling goes away as soon as it came and she looks over at Chanyeol. “I need to fix things with Wonho, I was just yelling at him without listening to what he was saying,” she says. “Communication is key in relationships,” Chanyeol tells her, “for now just get some sleep and you can talk to him tomorrow.” She nods in agreement. 

 

The following day passes by quickly with both Rosé and Wonho worried to see each other at dinner that night. Rosé was meant to join the guys from Monsta X for dinner, but knowing that Lisa isn’t going she lost interest. Until a knock at the door wakes her up from her thoughts. 

 

Shownu takes one look at Rosé in her pyjamas and his heart melts a little. He knew she wouldn’t want to come tonight to the dinner so he decided to see how she was doing and try to convince her to come anyways. “I have a feeling you aren’t planning on coming to dinner,” Shownu says. “I would come, but Lisa isn’t going to be there. I’d just feel left out, especially because I’m not in the mood to speak to Wonho,” she explains. “You don’t have to talk to him, you can talk to me and the other guys,” he tells her, deciding to leave out the fact that Jennie will probably keep Wonho company all night since she’s taken an interest in him. Rosé sighs and decides to come along anyways. She puts on a black crop top with a pink plaid mini skirt, and puts her hair in a high ponytail. 

 

They head to the dinner together and meet the others there. After finding the table Rosé sits next to Shownu and Hyungwon. Hyungwon looks down at Rosé half hiding herself behind him. “You’re tall so I won’t be noticed as easily beside you,” she says. “Well you’re hidden from Wonho so don’t worry,” he reassures her. Then Jennie walks in dressed in a bright red Chanel dress and takes a seat next to Wonho. Rosé tries to hide her facial expressions from the others, she doesn’t want them to know how much it bothers her. But Wonho acts like it’s normal and doesn’t say anything, other than telling her how pretty she looks.

 

Throughout the dinner all Rosé can do is watch how Wonho and Jennie are having such a great time while she’s just sitting there, not even enjoying her food. “Rosie, you don’t look very happy and we’re eating, what’s wrong?” Shownu asks her. She looks over at him and sighs. “I’m just really tired, it’s been a long past few days. I think I’m just going to head back early and sleep,” she tells him. He nods and pats her head. “I’ll walk you out.” When Rosé and Shownu get up to leave, Wonho notices right away as well as Jennie who’s upset that Wonho’s attention went somewhere other than herself.  “Where are you guys going?” Wonho asks. “I’m just walking Rosie out, she isn’t feeling very well.” “Oh.” “I’ll be back in a second,” Shownu says and they leave. 

 

An hour or two later Rosé wakes up to knocking at her door, she slowly gets up out of her comfy bed and heads to the door. To her surprise, Wonho is standing there wearing black jeans and a white oversized hoodie, looking so attractive. “I’m sorry, did I wake you? I wanted to talk,” he says. “It’s okay, come in.” He follows her inside and realizes she must’ve been asleep since the curtains are drawn and the bed isn’t made. He sits down on Lisa’s empty bed while she gets back under the blankets on her own bed. 

 

“Rosé, I want to apologize. At first when you called me a jerk yesterday I was really mad, but soon after I realized I was being one. I’m so sorry for how I treated you and the things I made you say, knowing that Chanyeol was standing there,” he starts, “I guess I’m just very insecure, you’re so beautiful and all of the people you work with are very handsome guys. It just makes me feel that at any moment you could develop feelings for one of them and because you and Chanyeol had history, my feelings got the best of me. I really am sorry Rosie.” 

 

Rosé sighs and looks up at him, she realizes that she has missed him these past few days. “It’s okay, and I’m sorry as well. I suppose I didn’t really take your feelings into consideration when I was hanging out with Chanyeol,” she tells him. “So we’re okay?” He asks. “We’re okay,” she smiles at him, “I fixed things with Chanyeol, I did have to tell him about us but apparently he knew already. He’s still my friend but that’s all he’ll ever be.” “That’s okay,” Wonho assures her. “Since we’re talking about stuff I wanted to ask you something.” “What is it?” He asks. “Well I don’t know if you remember but that night we got drunk you told me that you loved me, and I’ve been thinking about it since then. Did you really mean that? Or were you just saying it like the guys always say it?” “I did mean it, and I do love you. If you’re not ready to say it back then that’s okay,” he tells her. 

 

She gestures for him to come sit with her so he stands up and gets under the blankets with her. “It’s nice and warm here,” she says and rests her head on his chest. He wraps his arms around her and kisses her forehead. “I missed you Rosie,” he whispers. “I missed you too Wonho.” They fall asleep in each other’s arms, and the next day wake up still cuddling together. 

 

Rosé opens her eyes and jumps in surprise because Lisa is right in front of her face. “What are you doing? How long have you been sitting there?” Rosé asks. “Not long, just came in and saw you two sleeping in each other’s arms. You two are just so cute together,” Lisa says, “I was wondering if you wanted to go out today with me.” Rosé nods and tells her she’ll be ready in a bit, Lisa leaves to wait for her. 

 

Rosé turns to Wonho who’s still fast asleep and brushes his hair away from his eyes. His face twitches, he slowly opens his eyes and smiles up at her. “Morning beautiful, did you sleep well?” She nods and pecks his lips. “Lisa was just here, I’m going to go out with her today. Maybe tonight you and I can do something together?” She asks. “That sounds good. Are you leaving now?” “Yeah, I just have to get changed, you can stay here if you want. I’ll be back this evening.” 

 

After changing into some warm clothes Rosé and Lisa head outside to the city of Tokyo. “Let’s go for brunch,” Lisa says, linking her arm with Rosé. They find a small restaurant on a corner of the street and sit down to enjoy some food. “Haven’t seen you in a few days, wanna tell me what’s happened?” Rosé asks. “Well I’ve been spending a lot of time with Jongin and we’re a couple now. I know it’s really soon but I just have this feeling of comfort and happiness every time I’m with him. He’s told the other members and they approved,” Lisa explains, “what about you? I heard there was some drama.” 

 

Rosé sighs. “First of all, I’m happy for you. Kai is amazing and I ship you two so hard. I had a lot of issues but I don’t really want to get into that because it’s all fixed now.” Lisa nods but still wonders what really happened and makes a mental note to ask Jongin about it later tonight. After eating a fulfilling brunch the girls decide to get some souvenirs and shop in the mall. Several hours later they decide to head back to the hotel. “I’m going to visit Jongin and the guys, want to come?” Lisa asks. “Sure.”

 

They both head to Jongin’s room to find him, Chanyeol and Suho in there hanging out. “Hey! How was your girls day out together?” Jongin says walking up to them, giving Lisa a hug and a kiss. “It was good, we had fun,” Lisa responds. While they talk together about everything that happened, Rosé walks over to Chanyeol and Suho, dropping her bags on the floor. “I think I bought too much,” she says and lays down on the bed. “How did things with Wonho go? You guys talked?” Chanyeol asks. Rosé nods and sits up. “Things are okay now, I’ll tell you about it later,” she says eyeing the couple in the room. Chanyeol understands she didn’t tell Lisa about it and agrees to speak with her later. 

 

“Are we going out for dinner?” Lisa asks, joining their conversation. “Not me, I have plans with Wonho tonight,” Rosé says, grabbing her bags, “I’ll see you guys tomorrow,” She heads out and back to her hotel room, finding Wonho napping on her bed. She puts her bags on the floor and lays down next to him, giving him a peck on his forehead. He smiles and opens his eyes. “Hey Rosie,” he says kissing her gently. She smiles and wraps her arms around him. “Have you been napping all day?” She asks him. He shakes his head, “I’ve also watched tv for a few hours. What did you feel like doing tonight?” She shrugs her shoulders. “You must have something in mind.” “Well I don’t know for sure, I just want to spend time with you,” she says. “Of course, but you might want to think of something soon cause I can just lay here in bed all night with you in my arms,” he tells her. “I’m okay with that.” She sits up, and crawls under the blankets with him, immediately feeling his warmth and a sense of comfort washes over her. She rests her head on his chest and wraps her arm around his waist, as he wraps his arms around her shoulders. 

 

Later that night Rosé can’t sleep any longer so she goes to the bathroom. Checking her phone she sees that Chanyeol messaged her asking what happened. She messages him back and asks if he’s still awake, he replies that he is and he’ll come meet her in the hall. A few minutes later she meets up with him. “Hey you, how are ya doing?” He asks her. “I’m good, not tired. Wonho apologized to me,” she says. “Yeah, how was that? What did he say?” “He said that we was really insecure because I work with guys and that he knew you and I had history or something,” Rosé explains, “it’s okay now though. I guess we’re both insecure and it is hard since I know he has so many fans that would hate me dating him.” Chanyeol nods in agreement. “I’m glad you guys figured it all out.” 

 

Chanyeol goes back to his room where Lisa and Kai are hanging out. “So she told you?” Lisa asks. Chanyeol nods and tells her what he knows about everything that happened between Rosé and Wonho. Lisa thinks it’s really weird, what happened. She knows that people can be insecure and self conscious in a relationship but if Wonho makes a habit of getting so jealous she’ll have to talk to Rosé about it. 

 

The following day everyone goes back to Korea, Rosé is relieved to be going back since there’s just been too much drama happening and she wants to sleep in her own comfy bed. When she gets back to her apartment she immediately goes to bed and sleeps for 12 hours, then decides to do all of her laundry from the past week. She then messages Jackson to see if she can come over and see the guys. Naturally he agrees so she gets changed in a white cropped shirt and army pants with black boots. 

 

A little while later she’s hanging with Got7 in the living room of their dorm. “So how has things been with our Rosie? We’ve missed you so much! It’s been too long,” Jackson says. “You should have a comeback then I’ll hang out with you guys more,” she says laughing. “Actually we’ve been meaning to talk to you about that,” JB explains, “we’re going to have a comeback in March next year and then we’re going on a tour for a few months. We want you to come with us.” “Oh my god! Are you being serious?” She asks. They all nod in excitement. “Of course! Yes I’ll come! It’ll be so much fun!” She exclaims. They all cheer and hug her tightly. “Now we’ll get lots of quality time with Rosie,” Jinyoung says. 

 

They all decide to order dinner and buy a bottle of champagne to celebrate. Then Wonho calls Rosé so the guys unpack the boxes of Chinese food and pour the champagne while she answers the phone. 

 

“Hey, what’s up?” 

“I was wondering if you wanted to come to dinner with me and the guys. We have something to tell you.”

“Aw I would, but I’m actually having dinner with Got7. I haven’t seen them in a long time. You won’t believe what they asked me!”

“What’s that?” 

“To go on tour with them for a couple months next year.  It’s so exciting!” 

“Oh, and you said yes?”

“Of course I said yes! It’s the opportunity of a lifetime and I get to spend more time with them. What did you expect me to do?” 

“Well I thought you might consider talking to me about it before you disappear for months on end.”

“I didn’t realize I had to run everything by you, I thought you’d be happy for me.” 

“It’s fine Rosé, go have fun with them.”

 

He hangs up on her and she sighs, not feeling in the party mood at all anymore. She returns to the kitchen to find the guys very happy and with plates full of food. “I got you a plate full of everything you like,” Jinyoung says, handing her a plate and a flute of champagne. “To celebrate our world tour and Rosé, the best stylist ever!” JB exclaims and everyone clinks their glasses together. The guys head to the dining room to sit down and eat while Rosé remains in the kitchen thinking about Wonho. “You okay?” Jackson asks her. She looks up at him and smiles. “Yeah I’m okay, don’t worry.” 

 

Wonho sighs and puts the phone down. “Well what happened? Is she coming?” Minhyuk asks. Wonho shakes his head. “There’s no point anyway, she’s going on tour with Got7.” “Oh, well it’s still good for her,” Shownu tells them, “did you do something stupid again?” Wonho looks away from Shownu and nods. “Oh my god Wonho! You should really talk to us before you say stupid things to Rosie.” Wonho sighs, knowing he made a mistake by getting upset with her over nothing. 

 

Rosé enjoys the rest of the evening with the guys, who take her mind off of the conversation from earlier. “I should probably go home now, it’s kind of late,” she tells them. “You can’t, we all drank and we’re not letting you use public transit alone in the state you’re in,” Jinyoung says. “Hey, I’m not drunk, if I was you’d know. I’ll stay here tonight though just because I’m really tired.” 

 

Rosé sleeps on the couch in the living room in sweats and a baggy shirt that Jackson gave her. The following morning she wakes up with a headache, naturally she realizes she must’ve drank more than she thought. Jackson comes to sit next to her on the couch and laughs. “Drank a little too much huh? Also, your phones been ringing a lot you have like 7 missed calls from Wonho?” He says. She sits up, grabs her phone and sighs putting it down again. “You wanna tell me something?” He asks her, she shakes her head. “Nothing.”

 

After eating some food Rosé heads back to her apartment and finds Wonho sitting outside her door. He stands up when he sees her and she looks surprised at him. “What are you doing here?” She asks. “I wanted to talk to you,” he replies. She unlocks the door, goes inside Wonho following her. “Okay, so talk.” “Rosie, I’m sorry I was so mean to you last night. I guess I just got upset you decided to go with Got7 before talking to us. We were going to ask you to come with us next year on tour as well.” She looks up at him and sighs. “I’ve already made up my mind, I don’t need the added stress of trying to pick one group over the other. I’m sorry Wonho,” she tells him. He grabs her by the shoulders and pulls her close to his chest. “Don’t be, I was a jerk. I’m sorry.” She wraps her arms around his waist and takes in his scent, feeling better.