Chapter 17

Working alongside EXO

The following morning the 4 of them head to the airport and fly back to Korea. Rosé sleeps the whole flight still tired from the night before. Chanyeol decides to go back to the dorm and unpack while Rosé goes home to sleep. 

 

After returning to Korea Lisa spends lots of time alone thinking about everything that happened in Thailand with her parents. She doesn’t want to stay mad at them but also doesn’t want to give in to their absurd comments regarding Jongin and her. Jongin decides to stay at the dorm to give her time alone but he becomes quite worried with her silence. 

 

Rosé spends 3 whole days sleeping, for some reason the weekend away really drained her energy. Although she had lots of fun with Chanyeol she’s glad to get some rest since she has lots of work to do with EXO and Monsta X having comebacks. One morning she’s just relaxing and working on some sketches for Monsta X when someone knocks on her door. 

 

She opens it and smiles seeing Mark, and instantly gives him a long hug. “Hey, I miss you. Thought I’d stop by to see how you’re doing,” he says. She invites him inside and gives him a tea. “I miss you too. It’s been a little while hasn’t it? How are the guys?” She asks. “Good, we’ve been promoting the new album right now. It’s going well, how are things with you?” He asks grinning. “Things are good, I just spent the weekend in Thailand with Lisa, Kai and Chanyeol.” “Oh really? You’re dating Chanyeol aren’t you?” He asks. “Yes I am. And don’t bother saying I told you so, because I know you did,” she says and he laughs. “I’m happy for you. You genuinely seem happy to me.” She nods. “I am.”

 

They talk some more about her relationship with Chanyeol, going to his sisters wedding and the comebacks she’s working on. Later on they decide to watch a movie together and order take out. After the movie finishes Mark gets up to leave, since he has an early morning tomorrow. “Keep in touch okay?” “I will, don’t worry. I will update you on my relationship,” she says and he smiles. “Good.” He gives her a tight hug and a kiss on the head before leaving. 

 

Later that night Chanyeol comes over, they sit outside on Rosé’s balcony enjoying the cool autumn breeze. “I miss the warmth of Thailand,” Rosé tells him sighing. “Yeah, me too.” Rosé heads inside and makes them hot cocoa with whipped cream. She hands Chanyeol his cup and sits down on his lap wrapping her arm around him, holding the hot cocoa in the other hand. “Thank you,” he says holding onto her as he takes a sip of his drink. “So, have you decided what you’re going to wear to the wedding?” He asks. “I’m thinking of it, I have a dress but I kinda want to alter it so I will work on it. Don’t worry I’ll show you before the wedding date,” she says and he smiles. “I want you to meet my sister before the wedding. How about we go out for dinner with her tomorrow night?” “That sounds fun!” The couple sit on Rosé’s balcony for a long time in each other’s arms. 

 

Suddenly Rosé realizes they have to go see the guys and give them the pants they bought them from Thailand, so they head over to the dorm. “Rosie!” Chen exclaims giving her a hug, “we missed you. How was the trip?” “Amazing! We had the best time together. I’m sure you know things with Jongin and Lisa didn’t go so well,” she explains, “anyways we got you all a gift from Thailand.” She grabs all the Thai style pants from the big bag on the floor and gives each member a pair. “Wow these are so cool! Thank you guys,” Kyungsoo tells them. “Of course,” Rosé smiles at them. Chanyeol wraps his arm around her shoulders and kisses the top of her head. “I love you,” he whispers. 

 

The next day Lisa heads over to EXO’s dorm to talk to Jongin. She’s still feeling conflicted about her feelings and needs time to figure out what to do. “Hey, I missed you,” Jongin says pulling her in for a hug. “We need to talk,” she tells him and he nods leading her to the living room. The other guys leave the area to go sit in their own rooms. “What’s up?” He asks. Lisa sighs and holds onto his hands. “I want us to take a break, I just can’t stop thinking about everything that happened over the weekend. I love you, I do but I love my parents too. I just need some time to figure out what’s right,” she explains. A tear falls down Jongin’s cheek which he instantly wipes away before Lisa looks up at him again. “Okay.” “I’m sorry,” she says, leaning over to kiss his forehead before leaving. 

 

Evening comes quickly, Rosé is just finishing straightening her hair when Chanyeol knocks on the door. “It’s open!” She shouts and he enters, following her voice to the bathroom. “Wow, you look beautiful,” he says giving her a kiss. She’s dressed in a long sleeved black shirt tucked into a lilac short skirt. Chanyeol, on the other hand is wearing simple black pants with a long sleeved white button up shirt.  “You look handsome yourself,” she tells him, putting down the straightener and unplugging it, “let’s go.” 

 

He drives them to a fancy restaurant in downtown Seoul, his sister is already waiting outside for them. She’s dressed in a long black skirt with a white shirt, her hair pulled to the side in a braid. “Chanyeol!” She exclaims as they get out of the car, she gives him a tight hug before turning to Rosé, “you’re so much more beautiful in person than on the photos Chanyeol has showed me.” “Thank you, but you’re very beautiful as well. I’m Rosé,” she says holding out her hand. “Come here, we’re going to be sisters anyways,” Yoora says pulling Rosé in for a hug. Rosé smiles feeling comforted instantly. They head inside to their table and order a bottle of wine. 

 

“I’m so happy to finally be meeting you,” Yoora tells Rosé, “I’ve heard so many stories from Chanyeol and of course he’s showed me lots of photos of you too.” “Really?” Rosé asks, looking over at Chanyeol who smiles sheepishly. “I’m very excited to come to your wedding, congratulations by the way,” she says. “Thank you. I’ve heard Chanyeol is going to be singing me one of his favourite Coldplay songs but he won’t tell me which one, do you know?” Rosé is surprised to hear this information since she had no idea he’d be singing at the wedding, but it makes sense that he will be. She shakes her head. The wine arrives and they cheer before drinking some. 

 

“I feel like I don’t need to ask you anything about yourself since I know almost everything about you already. Literally Chanyeol doesn’t shut up a lot and just keeps talking about how amazing you are. It’s taken him a while to ask you out though,” Yoora tells her. “I do not talk that much, you’re exaggerating,” Chanyeol says and Yoora laughs. “Whatever you say little brother.” A little while later the food is brought to their table and they dig in. “Rosé you eat so well, yet you still have such a nice figure. Tell me your secret,” Yoora says causing Rosé to blush. “I don’t have a secret, I’ve been this way my whole life.” “I’m jealous,” Yoora responds. “Why? You’re gorgeous.” Yoora smiles at Rosé, she really likes her and is happy that Chanyeol is together with her. 

 

After dinner they all get in Chanyeol’s car and he drives to Rosé’s apartment first to drop her off. “Thank you,” she leans over and kisses him. As she gets out of the passenger seat, Yoora climbs out the back seat outside and gives Rosé a hug. “I’m so glad to have finally met you. I look forward to seeing you at my wedding with my baby brother,” she tells her. “Me too. Thank you for inviting me.” “Of course. I’m just happy Chanyeol has found his partner. I’ll see you soon,” she gets into the passenger seat and they drive off into the night. Rosé walks into her apartment pondering over what Yoora said, Chanyeol’s partner. She’s curious to know what Chanyeol has told his sister about her. 

 

Chanyeol drives off towards Yoora’s house on the outskirts of Seoul. “So, I’m guessing you like Rosé?” He asks his sister. She nods smiling. “She’s so nice and beautiful and just perfect for you. I’m happy you two have found each other, I’m almost 100 percent positive you will be with her the rest of your life,” she says. “Really? You think so? You’ve only met her once.” “Yes I think so. But who knows, we’ll see,” she tells him. After dropping her off at home he drives back to the dorm wondering how his sister can think Rosé will be his partner for the rest of his life. It hasn’t been long, but Chanyeol does get the feeling he won’t love anyone else. 

 

The next couple weeks fly by as Rosé works her off to get everything done for Monsta X and EXO’s comebacks. She gets to work really early and works until late at night for weeks. Finally she’s finished with everything for Monsta X, their comeback is in a week so she’s all prepared. Tomorrow it’s Yoora’s wedding and Rosé has completed altering her dress that she’s going to wear. She hasn’t seen Chanyeol in a long time due to her working lots and him having to practice for the album, so tonight they’re going to spend the night at her apartment and relax. 

 

Lisa, on the other hand has spent the past few weeks thinking long and hard about her relationship with Jongin. She hasn’t seen him since they talked the one day and she’s worried to see him again because she doesn’t want to hurt his feelings. Early in the morning she heads over to EXO’s dorm to talk to him. 

 

“Hey, I was wondering when I’d see you around here again,” Suho says opening the door and letting her inside, “Jongin is in his room.” “Thank you.” Lisa heads down the hall, enters Jongin’s room and sits on the edge of his bed. He instantly feels something isn’t right and sits up in bed. “I’m sorry I left you alone all these weeks, I just needed time to think. I don’t know why my parents words got to me, I guess I just feel like I’m disappointing them. They did have a point though by saying we don’t know how our future will be since you’re an idol and all that,” she says and sighs, “I don’t care what the future may or may not hold, as long as you’re by my side that’s good enough for me.” Jongin smiles and kisses her. “I thought you were coming here to break up with me,” he tells her. “Nope, I don’t ever want to spend time away from you again. Come home.” He nods and they head back to their apartment. 

 

Chanyeol knocks on Rosé’s apartment door and she opens it with a smile. She jumps into his arms to hug him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. “I missed you so much!” She exclaims. “I missed you too.” She invites him inside and they sit on the couch together. “How’ve you been?” He asks her, and she sighs. “Fine I guess. So busy, I’m glad the wedding is tomorrow I look forward to it. Who else is coming?” “Ummm Jongin, Chen, Baekhyun and Sehun,” he replies. “Ah okay, then at least there will be people I know,” she explains laughing, “oh by the way, I ordered pizza and chicken for dinner.” “Yummy. Are you going to show me your dress now?” He asks. “I can, let me go put it on. Give me a couple minutes.” She leaves and goes to her bedroom to put the dress on. 

 

She comes out a couple minutes later to show Chanyeol and he’s in shock because she looks gorgeous. The dress is black, it’s short and has long sleeves, the skin on her shoulders is exposed. Around her waist she put a belt covered in diamonds and flowers. She’s also wearing a diamond choker, long silver earrings, and a bracelet matching her belt. “Wow, you look absolutely beautiful,” Chanyeol tells her. “You think so? It took me forever to do this since I was so busy,” she says. “Everyone is going to be looking at my girlfriend at this wedding.” She laughs and goes back to her room to get back into her other clothes. 

 

“Well I’m glad you like it,” she tells him, cuddling up next to him on the couch. He wraps his arm around and kisses the top of her head. “Of course I like it. I’m happy that I’m finally here spending time with you. We’ve been together for weeks and I barely saw you after we got back from Thailand.” “I know, but I have time for you now. Plus you can come over whenever you want, have you heard anything from Lisa and Jongin?” She asks him. “Yeah, they’re all good. Stronger than ever actually. She decided her parents are annoying and she doesn’t care what happens,” he explains. “Good. She never told me what her final decision was.” They turn on a movie and fall asleep on the couch in each other’s arms. 

 

In the morning Chanyeol wakes up early so he can make Rosé breakfast in bed. He opens the fridge and grabs vegetables, eggs, fruit and starts chopping up the food and mixing the eggs in a separate bowl. He fries the vegetables in a pan and pours the eggs overtop to cook. While it’s cooking he cuts up fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and mangoes, places them in a bowl and dusts some icing sugar on them. Once the omelet is cooked he folds it in a half and puts it on a plate. He pours a tall glass of orange juice and places everything on a tray before bringing it to her on the couch. 

 

Chanyeol wakes Rosé up with a kiss on her forehead causing her to smile and open her eyes. “Morning beautiful,” he says. “Morning handsome,” she replies, getting up into a sitting position, “what’s this?” He places the tray on her lap and smiles. “I made you breakfast in bed for the wedding day.” “You’re making it sound like it’s our wedding day,” she says and they laugh. Rosé eats her breakfast savouring every bite and sharing with Chanyeol. “This was delicious, thank you.” She gives him a kiss and heads to the bathroom to take a shower. 

 

Later that evening they meet up with the other EXO members going to the wedding and head to the venue. “Rosé you look stunning tonight,” Chen tells her. “Thank you. You guys all look very handsome as well.” They find their seats and wait. After the wedding they head to a separate hall for the reception. Rosé and the guys sit together at a table with Chanyeol, Yoora and her husband. “You look absolutely beautiful Yoora,” Rosé tells her, “I’m so happy for you two.” “Thank you Rosé. You’re looking gorgeous tonight; did you make this yourself?” Rosé nods smiling. 

 

Chanyeol then goes up to the stage and sings Everglow by Coldplay, while the bride and groom dance. After the song Chanyeol cries and gives his sister a long hug. The DJ plays some music and everyone goes to the dance floor. As Chanyeol dances with his sister, Baekhyun grabs Rosé’s hand and pulls her over to dance with him. She smiles and wraps her hands around his neck. “Is this your first wedding?” He asks her. “Yeah, I’ve never been to one. It was so beautiful though, personally if I ever get married I want it to be a destination wedding,” she says. “Oh really? Where do you want to have it?” “Hawaii, I’ve never been there but I’ve heard how great it is. I think it would be awesome to have my wedding there if I ever get married.” Baekhyun smiles. 

 

“Can I intervene here?” Chanyeol says coming up behind Baekhyun. “Sure.” “Hi beautiful.” “Hey handsome, you wanna dance with me?” She asks. He nods and pulls her close to him. She rests her head on his shoulder and their bodies move slowly to the music. As the night goes on lots of family and friends make speeches about the bride and groom, people drink lots and eventually the end comes. Chanyeol cries lots of tears for his sister, happy that she’s happy. “You take care of my baby brother,” Yoora tells Rosé. “I will,” she says giving him a kiss on the cheek. He smiles and wraps his arm around her shoulders. 

 

They head to a hotel that Yoora booked for them so they wouldn’t have to drive home. After checking in they head upstairs to the room. “This is nice,” Rosé says sitting on the edge of the bed, “I’m tired. I didn’t realize how tiring weddings were.” “Tired? Really?” He asks pulling her to her feet and kissing her. She smiles and kisses him back. “Maybe not that tired,” she tells him. He takes off his jacket and she starts ing his white shirt. “We don’t have to if you’re not ready,” he says stopping her. “I’m ready.” He smiles and kisses her while she takes off his shirt and he slowly s her dress. They fall onto the bed together kissing and laughing at their uncoordinated landing. 

 

Rosé slowly opens her eyes the next morning and smiles to herself. She turns to look at Chanyeol who’s already awake watching her. “You been watching me sleep?” She asks. He smiles and nods. “You look so peaceful.” She gives him a kiss and snuggles closer towards him against his bare chest. “So, how do you feel?” He asks her. “About what?” “Last night,” he says,  “you don’t regret it do you?” “No, of course not. I love you,” she tells him. He smiles and kisses her. “I love you too.” 

 

They order breakfast from the hotel room service and eat in bed. “I should probably get dressed, I still have to work today,” Rosé says putting on a bra and underwear before getting out from under the covers. “I thought you were done with Monsta X’s comeback?” He asks. “I am, it’s in a couple days. I’m still working on some things for you and the guys. Let them know to drop by my office sometime today for last minute things,” she explains. “I will. Do I get a kiss before you go?” She turns around to look at him, while pulling her dress from last night on again, and smiles. “Of course you do.” She gives him a kiss and he holds her there for a moment before letting her go. 

 

She heads home before going to the office and runs into Shownu waiting outside her door. “Hey, what are you doing here?” She asks him. “Just stopping by, making sure you’re not overworking yourself. That’s a fancy dress to be wearing early in the day,” he replies. She lets him inside and heads to her bedroom with him following along. “It’s from last night, I was at Chanyeol’s sisters wedding.” “Oh, you only just got home?” She nods while grabbing some clothes to wear. “I gotta shower, give me like 10 minutes.” 

 

She hops in the shower and wonders if she should tell Shownu about her and Chanyeol but ultimately decides against it. She doesn’t want to make things weird between them especially since Wonho is his best friend. After getting dressed in a blue long sleeved shirt and black ripped jeans, she heads back to her room. “Are you going to work now?” Shownu asks. “Yeah, I have to work on EXO’s things since their comeback is soon after you guys,” she says while drying her hair with her towel. “Well I guess I will see you in a few days when we have our comeback,” he responds and gives her a hug and a kiss on the top of her head before leaving. 

 

Chanyeol showers at the hotel and gets dressed before driving back to the dorm. “Hey, how was the wedding?” Suho asks. “Good, we had lots of fun,” he responds. “The guys came home last night, where were you?” Chanyeol’s cheeks turn pink and he smiles. “Yoora booked a hotel room for Rosé and I, we stayed there.” Suho grins, suspecting he knows what happened and why Chanyeol was still wearing his good suit. 

 

Several hours pass with Rosé working on EXO’s album preparation. The guys stop by throughout the day and she makes sure measurements are accurate and everything is good. Near 6 in the evening Chanyeol stops by to pick her up from work. “Hey beautiful,” he says and leans in to kiss her but she pushes him back and turns her head away from him. “There are people here, we can’t let them see us together,” she whispers and he understands heading out to the car to wait for her. She finishes what she’s doing and meets him in the car. “Sorry about that, but nobody at work knows about this. In fact no one knows other than us, the guys and Lisa,” she says giving him a kiss. “It’s okay. Really? That’s it? No one from Monsta X or Got7?” “Oh, well I told Mark but that’s it,” she says, “what’s for dinner?” He shrugs his shoulders, he doesn’t know why it bothers him that nobody knows about their relationship. He wants to be able to show the world the girl he loves so that they can go out in public without having to worry about paparazzi. “What do you feel like?” He asks her. “Pizza!” She exclaims, and he laughs, turning the car around to go to a pizza place. 

 

Chanyeol picks up a pizza for them as well as some cheesy garlic bread and chocolate covered strawberries. He drives to her apartment and they sit on the balcony to eat dinner. “This is delicious, I didn’t realize how hungry I was,” Rosé says taking a bite of her pizza slice. “That happens when you work hard. Did you finish what you wanted?” She nods and swallows the food in before speaking again. “I just need to check all your outfits, the other guys are good.” Chanyeol grabs a chocolate covered strawberry and feeds it to Rosé. “Yummy,” she says and he leans in to kiss her. “You’re beautiful.” “I love you,” she tells him and puts her forehead against his. He smiles and enjoys the moment, happy with how things are between them and feeling extremely lucky. 

 

After dinner they head into the living room and turn on the tv. The news is the first thing that appears on the screen and they’re surprised to see their faces on the screen. The news anchor mentions Chanyeol going to his sisters wedding with Rosé and EXO members, but then photos appear of the couple dancing together and of Rosé kissing him on the cheek. “Oh. My. God,” Rosé says, completely in shock. They speculate on the news if the two are dating and are wondering if SM entertainment will comment on the matter. Then the channel switches to the weather. 

 

They both turn towards each other and laugh. “Wow, I was not expecting to see that on the news today,” Rosé tells him. “Me neither, but we’re going to have to decide what to do,” he replies. She nods and thinks to herself what their plan of action should be. She loves Chanyeol and it has been a month since they’ve been together, but it seems very soon so she doesn’t know what she wants to do. “Can I have the day to think about it?” She asks. “Of course, take your time. I have to go to practice early tomorrow morning so I’m gonna head back to the dorm now okay?” She nods and he gives her a kiss. 

 

The next day Chanyeol heads to practice with the guys. “So, we saw the news last night? What are you guys going to do?” Suho asks. Chanyeol shrugs his shoulders. “I’m not sure, Rosé is thinking about it. I mean of course I want to go public with her, I just wasn’t expecting it this soon or in this way you know?” Suho nods. “It’s okay, I’m sure you guys will figure it out. Plus I don’t know if you saw but the fans are loving it. Apparently they’ve been shipping you with her for a while now,” Jongin tells him. 

 

Chanyeol is surprised things are going this well right now, he was always worried that if he ever got in a relationship that the fans not liking the idea would be the problem. He just hopes Rosé decides that confirming the rumours is a good thing, he knows already that his feelings for her won’t ever change. 

 

Rosé spends her day at home, and later in the afternoon goes for a walk. Wearing a hoodie and jeans she walks along a trail next to the river. She thinks a lot about Chanyeol as she walks through the beautiful fall weather. She remembers what happened with her and Wonho and how he told her they’d never have a private moment in their life if their relationship was public. On the other hand, Chanyeol is completely different then Wonho and she loves him a lot. She walks for several hours and by the time she stops walking to sit on a bench she’s made her decision. 

 

“Hey, how was your day?” 

“It was good, I was hoping you’d be able to pick me up.” After walking for so long Rosé has no idea where she even is. 

“Where are you?” 

“I have no idea, I’ll text you my location.” 

“Okay, I’ll find you.” 

 

20 minutes later Chanyeol takes a seat next to Rosé on the bench. She instinctively puts her head on his shoulder. “You okay?” He asks. “I’m okay, I’ve made a decision regarding what we should do,” she tells him. “Oh yeah? What did you decide?” She lifts her head up and looks at him, taking in all the features of his face, a face she wants to look at every day, a person she wants to be with for a long time. “I love you, and I think we should confirm our relationship to the news. I don’t want to be with anybody other than you, and this way we don’t need to sneak around,” she explains. He smiles and hugs her tightly. “I love you too. Let’s go to SM and talk to my boss about this.” 

 

They head to SM, Suho is waiting outside for them already. “Hey, didn’t know you’d be here,” Rosé says giving him a hug. “I gotta vouch for Chanyeol that this is a good decision,” he tells her, and she realizes that although they want to do this his boss might not think it’s a good idea. If that’s the case, then nothing will happen. “Don’t worry, I’m sure it’ll be okay,” Chanyeol says and grabs her hand. They go inside, head upstairs and while the guys go into the office, Rosé waits outside. 

 

Rosé sits down on a bench further down the hall waiting for what seems like forever. A familiar face turns the corner and sits down on a bench across the hall from Rosé. “Hey, Rosé right?” Taemin asks. She nods. “I saw you on the news last night and today, sounds like you’re dating Chanyeol,” Taemin says, “I mean this I suspected when I saw you with him a few weeks ago but it’s news to everyone else.” “Yeah.” “Is he talking to the boss in there with Suho?” She looks up surprised he knows what’s happening. “We’ve been through this a couple times when dating rumours come out. Whether or not it’s true, we have to talk to the boss about it. You’ve known EXO for a while so I’m sure he’ll allow it,” Taemin explains. “Oh, well I guess we’ll see.” “I better get going; it was good to see you and don’t worry I’ll keep your secret,” he says. She looks up at him confused. “What secret?” “I think Chanyeol means a whole lot more to you than other people may think, I can see it in your eyes,” he says. “That’s not a secret, he knows I love him,” she responds. “But does everyone else? s? His family? Your family?” He gets up and walks down the hall disappearing from her sight. 

 

She sighs and tries to get his words out of her head. Is what she’s doing a good thing? Announcing to the world that they’re together when her own parents aren’t even aware of the situation. She’s never even met Chanyeol’s parents nor has he met hers since they live in Australia. Before she can think about it too much Chanyeol and Suho come out of the office and down the hall towards her. She stands up to meet them. “Well?” “He’s okay with it,” Chanyeol tells her, she smiles but a part of her is regretting making this decision so soon. “Let’s go get some food. Did you wanna eat at the dorm?” She asks. He nods and they all head to the dorm. 

 

The guys are all waiting for them when they get there, but Rosé heads straight to the bathroom. “Is she okay?” Kyungsoo asks them. “Yeah, she’s fine. The announcement will be made tomorrow morning on the news,” Chanyeol says. “Well this is good. You’re happy with this decision?” Jongin asks. Chanyeol nods. “I know it’s early but I know we’ll be together for a long time.” They all sit at the table and plate up their food. Rosé comes down the hall a few minutes later and joins them. “You okay Rosie?” Suho asks her as she sits down next to him. “I’m fine, don’t worry.” 

 

After eating dinner the guys start cleaning up and Rosé offers to do the dishes. Kyungsoo, suspecting something is bothering her, helps dry the dishes. “Are you okay? I can tell something isn’t right,” he says. She looks over to him and nods her head. “It’s nothing really.” “Tell me,” he says giving her a warm smile. She sighs and tells him about her conversation with Taemin earlier. “It’s just making me wonder if what we did was a good idea. I haven’t actually met his family, and mine doesn’t know about us either but tomorrow everyone will know,” she says. “Rosie listen to me, we all know you love Chanyeol it’s been obvious for quite some time now. So even though you haven’t specifically said anything we know and it’s okay. As for your parents, I’m sure they’ll understand the situation at hand and why you couldn’t have told them sooner,” he tells her. She smiles and gives him a hug. “Thank you.” “Of course, I’m always here for you.”