Chapter 5

Working alongside EXO

Lisa rubs Rosé’s back trying to calm her down, but she can’t stop hyperventilating from the stress this is going to put on her. “Rosie I’m so sorry, let’s hope it doesn’t affect your work too much,” Lisa tells her. “I’m just going to go home and sleep, and ignore the world for now,” Rosé says standing up. “Oh my god! I still have to clean up, I totally forgot my parents are coming to visit for a week here!” Lisa exclaims. “I’ll get going then, give them my love.” 

 

Rosé gets in her car and drives home, but when she arrives all the entrances are blocked off by reporters and a bunch of other people with cameras. She sighs and decides to just sleep in her office tonight, but to her dismay there’s the same amount of reporters there, if not more. She doesn’t know what to do now since Lisa has her parents coming over there’s nowhere for her to go. Unless? 

 

“I didn’t expect you to call me.” 

“Well I don’t have much of a choice. I need a favour.” 

 

So ten minutes later she’s bringing a small duffel bag with clothes, that she always has in her car just in case, into EXO’s dorm. “I’m really sorry for doing this,” she says, “I just have nowhere else to go.” Suho grabs her bag and leads her down the left hallway to an empty bedroom. “Don’t feel bad, it’s our fault this happened. This was Lay’s room, but he’s promoting in China now anyways so you can sleep here,” he responds. “Thank you.” She hugs him tightly and he rubs her back. 

 

She unpacks the clothes she has, only enough for 3 days, and follows Suho back to the living room. “So, are you going to tell me about this girl who posted the video?” Rosé asks him, sitting down next to him on the couch. The others probably hiding in their rooms to avoid confronting her. 

 

“She was our stylist before you and she was quite a big fan of ours. Always wanted to hang out with us outside of work and she would post pictures on social media all the time. We were planning on firing her anyways but then you showed up, we fired her and hired you. She was really upset and mad about it, but we haven’t seen her since. She’s probably just jealous and that’s why she posted the video,” Suho explains. “Makes sense, but it’s odd that she knows how horrible this would be for me. It’s the one thing I didn’t want happening. I’m kind of getting the feeling she’s been stalking me or something.” 

 

Suho grabs his phone and looks up Eunae on Instagram, he shows Rosé a photo. She gasps and puts her hands over . “I’ve actually seen her a few times around my apartment, that’s creepy,” she says. “Maybe we should call the cops,” Suho suggests. “No, it would cause more drama. Plus I have no proof she’s been stalking me.” He agrees and puts his phone away. 

 

“I’m really sorry this happened Rosie,” Suho says. “Don’t worry about it. I guess we’ll just see what happens over the next few days,” she responds. 

 

~

 

Later that night Rosé gets changed for bed and realizes she has no pajama shirt, just shorts. She decides to just put on a sports bra and lays down on her bed sighing. It’s been a long day. A knock on the door takes her out of her thoughts and she goes to open it without realizing she’s just in a bra. Chanyeol looks at her, but quickly turns around his face red. “Oh my god! Do you not wear shirts?” He says, frustrated. “Sorry, I don’t have a pj shirt with me,” she responds, hiding behind the door. He walks away and comes back a second later with one of his baggy shirts. “Put this on,” he says handing it to her. 

 

She puts the shirt on and it looks like a dress on her. She laughs and goes to sit on her bed, Chanyeol following suit. “What’s up?” She asks. “Just wanted to see how you’re doing after everything that happened,” he replies. “I’m okay I guess, just going to lay low for a few days and then take it from there.” “Good idea. Well, I’ll let you get some rest,” he says patting her knee, and standing up. Once he’s gone she tries to fall asleep, but with so many thoughts going around her head she finds it difficult. After several hours she decides to just get changed. She puts on black adidas shorts with a long sleeved mustard yellow crop top. 

 

She goes to the living room, turns on the tv and notices she’s now in the news. They show where she lives and works, and the reporters who were crowded outside her building a few hours ago. It’s insane, she thinks, that one video of her singing can cause this to happen. She leans back and turns on a k drama, which she ends up watching till the morning. 

 

The guys all wake up around 8am because they have one more music show for their album promotion to do. Chen is the first to get changed and heads to the kitchen to make some breakfast for everyone. While he’s mixing the batter for pancakes he notices Rosé sitting on the couch. “Rosé!” He shouts, but she doesn’t turn around. He walks over to her and notices she fell asleep, he wraps a blanket around her and moves her so she’s laying down. 

 

The others come into the kitchen and Chen tells them to be quiet. “Well, why is she sleeping here then?” Chanyeol asks. Chen shrugs and continues making food. “I’ll bring her to her room,” Suho says carefully lifting her up and placing her back in bed. They all eat their pancakes and leave a note telling Rosé where they went. 

 

A few hours later they return and find Rosé reading a book in the living room. “Hey Rosie! We missed you this morning!” Chen says, giving her a hug. “Yeah, how’re you doing?” Kyungsoo asks her. She looks up and smiles at them. “I’m doing better, I was just tired this morning,” she replies. “What are you reading?” Suho asks sitting down next to her. He grabs the book from her hands and looks surprised. “Harry Potter? I didn’t know you liked that?” She nods and takes the book back. “I found it in the bookshelf. I love Harry Potter!” She exclaims. 

 

As they’re all talking about Harry Potter and deciding to watch the movies, Rosé notices Chanyeol go to his room. “You guys get the movie set up and bring snacks, I’ll be just a second,” she tells them. She goes to Chanyeol’s room and knocks on the door. He opens it and looks down at her. “What do you want?” He asks. “Uh. I was going to ask if you wanted to watch the movie with us.” “No,” he replies and closes the door before she can say another word. She sighs and heads back to the living room. Now he’s giving her the cold shoulder...again! 

 

They watch a couple of the Harry Potter movies before going to bed late at night. Before heading back to her bedroom Suho pulls Rosé aside. “If you can’t sleep again tonight, come to my room. I’m usually up anyways, then at least you’re not alone.” “Okay, thanks Suho.” 

 

Rosé heads to her room and lays on her bed thinking about everything that’s happened. The video got out, reporters are preventing her from going to work and home even, and Chanyeol is being rude once again, even though they talked about it. She thought he understood, but he did say he was rude to her because he didn’t want his feelings for her to cause any drama. Her heart starts beating really fast, but she takes a few deep breaths to calm down. He doesn’t like you, that’s impossible. Plus it would never work, he’s a famous idol and you’re just a stylist, she thinks. 

 

She sighs and pulls out her phone going to YouTube, she decides she’ll just see if she’s still trending. She is, not first but third, and to her surprise in only a day the video has 30 million views. I guess this isn’t going to blow over as fast as I thought. 

 

Later in the night she has trouble falling asleep again so she decides to head to Suho’s room. He was nice to offer her company anyways. She knocks on the door softly, he comes to open it a few seconds later. “Rosé! You can’t sleep?” He asks. She shakes her head and he leads her into his room. “I hope I’m not bothering you or anything,” she says. “No, don’t worry about it. I was just reading a book,” he replies, sitting on the bed and patting the seat next to him. 

 

She sits down and sighs. “What’s wrong?” He asks her. “Just didn’t realize the video was so popular after a day.” “Well you are a very talented singer, and I think people are shocked by it,” he tells her. They end up talking for a while and then decide to watch some tv. Rosé ends up falling asleep with her head on Suho’s shoulder. 

 

The next day goes by slowly since all Rosé does is read books and lounge around the dorm. The guys spend most of their time sleeping now that they’re done promoting their album for a bit. 

 

It’s been 3 days since the video was released and it’s still trending on YouTube with 50 million views now. Rosé doesn’t know when she’ll be able to shake it off and move on with her life. She gets changed in a black crop top, baggy sweatpants and a burgundy cap. She then realizes she doesn’t have anymore clothes with her, she’ll have to go back to her apartment either way. Chanyeol comes out of his room in shorts and a big baggy white shirt. He spots Rosé but avoids eye contact, having her living with them is really messing with his mind and he doesn’t know how much longer he can handle it. He turns around and goes back to his room instead. Rosé just shrugs it off, deciding that if he can ignore her she can do the same. Plus she had a great time with Suho last night and she’s not sure if her feelings are because he’s her bias, if she sees him as an older brother figure or someone she actually likes. 

 

Everyone gathers in the living room after dinner later that night to chill and think of what movie to watch. “I ran out of clothes so I need to go back to my apartment to get more, if I can,” Rosé points out. “If you’re going back there anyways, why don’t you just stay there?” Chanyeol asks without looking at her. “Maybe I will, because I’m done with you treating me as if I don’t exist and being rude to me all the time!” She gets up, grabs her stuff from her room and leaves. 

 

The guys all look at Chanyeol in shock, but he just shrugs. “What?” He asks them. “You have been acting like she doesn’t exist ever since she came to stay here,” Suho mentions, “is there something you want to tell us?” Chanyeol shakes his head and goes to his room, Baekhyun following him. 

 

~

 

Rosé’s walking the streets of Seoul by herself in the dark, it’s a long walk back home but she forgot the code to the garage at EXO’s dorm, so she left her car there. She’s only about two blocks away from her house when she runs into Eunae, without realizing it. 

 

“Oh I’m sorry,” she apologizes bowing to her. “What are you doing all alone in the streets huh? You little !” Rosé looks up and notices who’s talking to her, she takes a step back. “What do you want?” She asks her. “I want you to stay away from EXO, I was their stylist, I was their friend before you came in and took it all away from me.” She walks closer to her getting in her face. “I didn’t do it on purpose, I had no idea who you were,” Rosé explains, but Eunae doesn’t care for any of her excuses. 

 

Rosé keeps taking steps away from her but bumps into two other people, they grab her arms tightly causing her to wince. “Let me go!” She shouts. “No, not until I teach you a lesson,” Eunae says, before punching her in the face. Rosé cries out in pain her lip bleeding. “Stop! Please,” she begs her. Eunae ignores her and her friends throw Rosé to the ground in the alley. They kick her in the stomach and leave her on the ground. 

 

~

 

Shownu and Minhyuk are taking a nice stroll in the summer evening, to get some fresh air. “Isn’t it nice that we get some time off now that we’re done promoting?” Shownu asks Minhyuk. “It’s great! But I miss Rosie, we haven’t seen her in a few weeks,” he responds. “That’s true, did you see the video of her on YouTube?” Minhyuk nods and smiles. “She’s an amazing singer, but we all knew she only saw it as a hobby, not a profession.” They continue walking, but Shownu notices someone on the ground in the alley. 

 

“Hey, come look at this,” he says, gesturing to Minhyuk who notices the person as well. They lean down on the ground and grab the persons shoulder turning them towards the light. “It’s Rosé!” Minhyuk exclaims, “Oh my god! What happened to her?” Shownu pulls her close to him and lifts her up in his arms. “Call Wonho to come pick us up,” he tells Minhyuk. 

 

~

 

Chanyeol slams his door closed and sits down on his bed, two seconds later Baekhyun walks in. “What do you want?” Chanyeol asks him. “I want you to talk to me. I think I know what’s going on, but I need you to be the one to tell me.” He sighs and lays down, looking up at the ceiling and then at Baekhyun. “Fine. I may have some feelings for Rosé, I don’t know what they are specifically, but I know it can’t work out anyways. So there’s no point in being nice, I don’t want her to like me. And having her living here and seeing her every day is just driving me insane,” Chanyeol explains. 

 

“Whew! I really thought you were gonna tell me that you did hate her for real,” Baekhyun sighs in relief and Chanyeol throws a pillow at his head. “What do I do?” Chanyeol asks. “I believe you should apologize to her and maybe instead of worrying about whether it would work or not, you should try to be her friend and get to know her. It can’t hurt right?” 

 

~

 

Shownu places Rosé on the couch in their living room at the dorm. Wonho picked them up and brought them back right away, in shock by what has happened. “This is insane, she’s really hurt,” Kihyun says, “shouldn’t we bring her to the hospital!” Shownu shakes his head. “She has enough attention on her right now, she doesn’t need this on top of it as well.” 

 

They decide to put her in Shownu’s room with him and wait for her to regain consciousness. 

 

The following morning Rosé wakes up in pain, she sits up and winces. Where am I? She looks around the room she’s in and notices Shownu’s things and then sees him sleeping next to her. She shakes him awake and he sits up right away. “Rosie! You’re awake! How do you feel?” He asks her. “It hurts,” she says pouting, she lifts her shirt up a little further and shows him the bruises she developed. 

 

“Do you have any clothes I can wear? I was on my way to get mine but...” she starts. Shownu gets up going to his closet, he hands her a hoodie. “Thank you.” They both head to the living room and the other members fro Monsta X join them. “So what exactly happened?” Wonho asks. Rosé tells them about EXO, their former stylist, the video and being beat up. They seem very shocked and confused. 

 

 

Suho comes into Chanyeol’s room looking worried. “Kyungsoo and I stopped by Rosé’s apartment to see if she was okay and she wasn’t there. She wasn’t at her work either.” “She’s probably just out, don’t worry,” Chanyeol says. Even though deep down he’s worried for her since he knows she wouldn’t go out right now because of the video. Where are you Rosé? 

 

A/N: Hey guys! Here’s another chapter for ya, hopefully you’re liking the story so far. Just so you know, the italicized parts are the characters thoughts. Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think. :)