Chapter 11

Working alongside EXO

Rosé steps out of the car and grabs her luggage from the trunk, she pays the driver and walks into the airport. It’s been a few weeks and she’s going home for the holidays, she’s so excited to see her parents and sister again as well as all of her old school friends. After checking in her luggage she heads to the waiting area for her flight, she has to wait 3 hours till boarding because it’s an international flight. 

 

She takes a seat and pulls a book out of her purse to read. Someone sits next to her, but she pays no attention. “What are you reading?” She looks up and smiles. “Chanyeol! What are you doing here?” She exclaims, closing the book and putting it away. “You think you can leave till January without saying goodbye,” he says, looking behind her. She turns around and sees the rest of EXO sitting behind them. “You guys! I can’t believe it!” They smile at her and laugh at her reaction. 

 

Rosé and Chanyeol move seats and sit with the others as a big group. “Are you guys even allowed being here?” She asks. “Of course we are, just for you. We can’t stay very long though.” “That’s okay,” she replies. “Are you excited to go home?” Suho asks. She nods and smiles brightly. “It’s summer in Australia right now so I love heading there for Christmas it’s amazing! You guys will have to come with me one time,” she tells them. “Oooh that’d be great!” Chen exclaims. 

 

An hour later the guys say their goodbyes and head out. Rosé sits back down and reads until boarding, then flies for 15 hours. Upon arriving in Melbourne her sister, and parents are waiting for her. She runs towards them and have a big group hug together. “I’ve missed you all so much!” Rosé exclaims. “We missed you too, honey,” Rosé’s mom says cupping her cheeks and kissing her forehead. Rosé hugs her tightly and sheds some tears of joy. 

 

They head to their house and Rosé immediately goes to her bedroom and jumps onto her bed. “This is great, I’ve missed my room,” she says. Alice comes and lays down next to her. “Rosie, we have so much to talk about. I feel like I haven’t talked to you in ages,” Alice says, “you’re dating Wonho right? From Monsta X?” Rosé nods and smiles. “I am.” “Why didn’t you invite him home for Christmas then?” “Well it’s not that serious I would say, it’s only been about 2 months or so. Plus we’ve had our fair share of arguments.” “But that’s just what happens when you’re in a relationship, you can’t always agree with one another,” Alice says. Rosé sighs and agrees. 

 

“Roseanne, Alice come downstairs!” Their mom shouts. The girls head downstairs and find their parents in front of the tv that’s playing the news. “What is it?” Rosé asks. “It’s Jonghyun from Shinee, he died.” Rosé sinks down to her knees in shock. She’s never got to design for Shinee, but she’s met them several times and listened to all their music. Tears fall down her face in sadness and then all of a sudden she thinks of Chanyeol and Suho and the rest of EXO, how they must feel. She stands up right away and heads back to her room to get her phone and call them. She decides to call Suho.

 

“Suho, I just saw the news. I can’t imagine how you must feel. I’m so sorry.”

“Thanks for calling Rosie, we all can’t believe this happened.” 

“It’s horrible. I’m thinking of all of you. Give my love to the guys.” 

“Thank you. I will.”

He hangs up and Rosé sighs. This is not the start of her vacation would be like. 

 

Later in the night she’s laying in bed staring at the ceiling when Wonho calls her. 

“Hey.” 

“Are you okay? I saw the news.” 

“Just sad and in shock I suppose.” 

“Aww I wish I could give you a hug right about now. How’s it like being back home though?”

“Good, I didn’t realize how much I missed my parents and sister. But don’t worry I’ll come back for you in January.” 

“You better, I miss you.” 

“I miss you too. I better go sleep now, it’s been a long day.” 

“Goodnight beautiful.” 

Goodnight handsome.” 

She plugs her phone into the charger cord and goes to sleep. 

 

A few days pass and it’s Christmas morning in the Park household. Rosé’s parents bought her a bunch of self care supplies like face masks, bath bombs, lotions, as well as makeup supplies. “We want to make sure you’re taking care of yourself during these busy times. Especially because we heard you’re going on tour for a few months with Got7, we thought these supplies would be good to bring along with you.” Her mom tells her. “Thank you mommy, I love them,” Rosé responds and gives her mom a kiss on the cheek. After doing their family gift exchange Rosé decides to help her mom make their big family dinner for tonight. 

 

“So tell me about this guy you’ve been seeing,” her mom says as they prepare the food. “Well how much have I told you already, I can’t remember.” “You left off right before the music awards end of November,” she reminds her. Rosé tells her mom everything that happened since then which takes a while to explain. 

 

“Honey, I’m going to be honest with you,” her mom says as they sit at the dining room table with a glass of wine, waiting for the food to cook, “this Wonho doesn’t seem like a very good guy to me. Now I want you to listen to me, I understand he’s insecure that’s normal, but to get so upset with you and put you in the situation that he did with your other friend. That’s really low, and he shouldn’t have done that to you.” “What are you saying? I should end things with him?” Rosé asks. “I’m not saying that, of course if everything is fine now you won’t want to jeopardize that. But also his reaction to you deciding to tour with Got7 was a little extreme don’t you think?” Rosé nods in agreement. “On the other hand, Chanyeol seems like a real catch,” her mom says grinning, “I know you’ve liked EXO a long time but he truly seems like a good guy.” Rosé blushes and refills their wine glasses. “That’s a whole other story mama.” 

 

The evening comes quickly which means the large Christmas dinner does as well. Rosé is extremely excited to eat all of the yummy dishes she made with her mom today. “So, when are you going to be leaving again Rosie?” Alice asks. “Probably early new year I have Got7’s comeback in March and the tour in May but there’s lots of prep before that,” she explains. 

 

The week flies by and Rosé is heading back to Korea, before she heads to the airport her mom pulls her aside. “Honey, I want you to talk to Wonho and see if he wants to go public with your relationship. I think that’s one way of seeing if he really is in love with you, and see what he says to this okay?” Rosé nods and gives her mom a tight hug. “I’ll miss you mama,” she says. “I’m only a phone call away.” 

 

The first thing Rosê does upon returning to Korea is stopping by EXO’s apartment. Suho opens the door and she hugs him tightly, pecking him on his cheek as well. “How are you doing?” He shrugs his shoulders. “Some days are better than others,” he says, “I didn’t know you’d be back already.” “I got lots of work to do and I missed you guys!” She exclaims. 

 

Upon hearing Rosé’s voice the other members come to the living room to welcome her back home. Chanyeol kisses her on the forehead while she hugs him, and Kyungsoo holds onto her hand the whole time probably worried she’d leave again. “I’m not going anywhere,” she says to Kyungsoo who smiles and hugs her again. “Good, what would I do without you?” 

 

The others go about their business while Rosé heads to Kyungsoo’s room to listen to their latest Christmas album with him. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there for promotions,” she tells him. “Don’t be sorry, you needed to go home to be with your family.” “These songs are so good, they’re like calming and really highlighting everyone’s singing. Even Chanyeol! Wow I wasn’t expecting him to sing!” She exclaims. Chanyeol pops his head around the door frame and looks at them. “I heard my name, are you two gossiping about me?” He asks. They both shake their heads smiling. “Just surprised to hear you sing on the album,” Rosé says. “I see you’ve found my secret talent then.” “Not a secret anymore, I suppose,” she says, getting up. 

 

“I won’t be able to stay any longer today,” Rosé says heading for the door, “I’m so tired from my flight and I have a bunch of laundry and unpacking to do.” “I’ll drive you, don’t want you passing out behind the wheel,” Chanyeol offers and Rosé gladly accepts since she’s been waiting for a moment alone to talk to him. 

 

After getting to her apartment Chanyeol helps her bring the luggage upstairs and dump it all in the washing machine. They then sit down in front of it on the floor in the laundry room. “You don’t have to stay,” she says and Chanyeol laughs at her. “If you want me to go I will, but I also want to hear about what your mom said when you told her about Wonho.” Rosé sighs. “Well she basically said he was a horrible person and she was surprised I’m still dating him.” Chanyeol laughs and stands up to go get them drinks. A minute later he returns with two glasses of wine. 

 

“Thanks.” “What advice did mama Park give you then? I’m assuming she has a plan for this,” Chanyeol says. Rosé nods and tells him what her mom said to her. “I mean it makes sense, he has already said that he loves you so if he really does he wouldn’t mind going public with you. I have a feeling he won’t be okay with it though, what are you going to do then?” He asks, and she takes a big sip of her wine. “Haven’t thought of that yet, is there more wine?” She says getting up to go grab the bottle, “I guess we can cross that bridge when we get there.” He agrees and refills both of their glasses. 

 

Several glasses of wine and 3 loads of laundry later Rosé is at the brink of collapsing. “Thank you for helping me with all of this Chanyeol, you’re the best. Like the total best, you’re my favourite in EXO now, just remember that will you?” Chanyeol laughs and grabs her shoulders leading her to her bed. “I will remember you said that, do you have any other comments about my awesomeness?” He asks. “I want you to know that you’re so handsome and my mom says you’re a real catch,” she slurs and falls asleep on her pillow. He tucks her in and goes to sleep on the couch, wondering if what she said was true. 

 

The following morning Rosé wakes up with a headache which was bound to happen after the wine last night. Even after 2 glasses she can get really tipsy, she goes to the living room to find Chanyeol asleep on the couch. She decides to make them some scrambled eggs with veggies for breakfast and pours two glasses of orange juice as well. The smell of delicious food wakes Chanyeol up, and he sits down at the bar as Rosé puts the plates down. “I hope you’re hungry,” she says. He nods his head happily. 

 

“Mmm this is delicious,” he says after taking several bites, “can you be my personal chef?” Rosé laughs at this. “Isn’t Kyungsoo the chef at the dorm? He’s a better cook than I am.” “That’s true, but you’re very talented too.” Rosé pushes her food away from her and rests her head on her arms. “I could sleep for another three hours,” she tells Chanyeol. “Go ahead, I’ll have to head back anyways.” “I can’t, I have to meet with Got7 to discuss their comeback and the tour,” she says. “Tour?” Chanyeol asks. “Did I not tell you? I’m going on tour with Got7 this summer. It’s only for a few months,” she explains, worried he’ll get mad. Instead he pulls her in for a hug. “I’m so happy for you, that’s awesome.” “Really? You’re fine with me leaving for months?” He looks at her skeptically. “Of course, why wouldn’t I be?” He asks, then realizes what must’ve happened, “let me guess, you told Wonho and he got upset.” She nods her head. “He apologized though so it’s fine. I gotta go shower.” She cleans up the dishes and heads to her room to go shower. 

 

Chanyeol stays in the living room wondering why Rosé is still with Wonho, he gets so jealous for stupid reasons and treats her like crap. She must really like him or she would’ve left by now, unless he’s forcing her to stay? He gets the thoughts out of his head knowing Wonho wouldn’t hurt her, but he can’t help thinking about it. 

 

Later that night after Rosé finishes working with Got7 for a couple of hours she goes home to find Wonho sitting by her door waiting for her. “Hey, how long have you been here?” She asks. He stands up and hugs her tightly. “Not too long, I missed you,” he says taking in her scent. “Come inside.” 

 

They go to her bedroom and sit on the bed with snacks and drinks. “I didn’t know you were back until I saw Jinyoung posting stuff on his Instagram today,” 

Wonho says. “Yeah, I was going to come and see you but I was so tired and I had to do work with Got7 for several hours today. They only just announced the world tour so it’s hectic,” she explains. “I missed you,” he says putting his hand on her thigh, slowly moving it higher as he leans forward and kisses her. “I missed you too,” she replies, but grabs his hand to stop him. 

 

“What’s wrong?” He asks her. “I wanted to talk to you about something,” she says, “what do you think about going public with our relationship?” Wonho pulls back from her and sighs. “I don’t think it’s a good idea Rosé. It’ll just cause lots of problems for both of us.” “You saw what happened during the music awards, people almost found out about us. We might as well announce it, then we don’t have to hide anymore,” she explains. He grabs her hand and looks in her eyes. “I’m sorry Rosé, I don’t think I’d ever go public with any relationship as long as I’m an idol. It just won’t work out.” 

 

Rosé pulls her hand away and turns her face away from him. “I’m really tired, I think you should go,” she says. “Are you serious Rosé? You’re just not going to talk about this with me anymore.” She turns around to look at him. “What’s there to talk about? You don’t want to go public anyways. Please just leave.” He gets up and walks out frustrated with her. 

 

Rosé’s plan was to go to bed right after he left but she couldn’t manage to turn her mind off, so she lay in her bed for hours just staring at the ceiling replaying their conversation in her head. Several hours later she gets out of bed to go meet up with Got7. 

 

“Rosie! You look like you haven’t slept in forever, are you okay?” Bambam asks her. “I’m okay, just didn’t sleep last night. Don’t worry about me.” The guys sit around the table as she spreads out all of her designs she made so far. “These are awesome!!!” Yugyeom exclaims. She blushes and takes a seat. “I’m glad you like them, how’s the album coming along?” “It’s good, we’re only just finishing up some things in the songs and doing our dance practices,” JB says, “planning for the tour is a lot of work though.” She agrees and they continue their work. 

 

The next few days fly by with Rosé very busy working on outfits for Got7 then going home and sleeping, day by day the same routine. After a week she finally gets a day off to relax and stays in her bed until 1 in the afternoon. Wonho has been messaging her constantly since their fight wanting to talk but she hasn’t answered because she’s scared of what will happen when they do talk. 

 

She gets out of bed puts her hair in a bun and pulls a hoodie over her t shirt that goes down past her shorts. Heading to the kitchen she hears a knock on the door and is startled, hoping to god Wonho hasn’t come to talk to her. She looks through the peek hole and just sees someone’s chest, assuming it’s Chanyeol she opens the door. It’s Shownu. 

 

“Hey, I wasn’t expecting any surprise visitors today,” she says letting him in. “Haven’t heard from you in a while, need to make sure you’re still alive and well.” Rosé sits down on the couch across from Shownu and smiles. “Yes, well I’m alive. How’ve you been?” She asks him. “Good, we’re preparing for a comeback this March.” She nods and looks away. “Look Rosie, Wonho told me what happened between the two of you,” he starts but Rosé cuts him off. “I don’t want to talk about it Shownu and if that’s why you came here then you might as well leave.” Shownu looks taken aback by her response but sighs. He did want to see how she was doing but also to ask what her plan was with Wonho. “I’m not here to interrogate you, I just wanted to see if you were okay. I’m guessing you’ve been plenty busy with Got7’s comeback and tour. I will leave you to your day off, my only advice is if you’re going to be in a relationship you should really talk to him. It’s not fair of you to be ignoring him.” Shownu gets up and heads out. 

 

Rosé decides to text Wonho and invite him over so she can talk to him. Clearly everyone around them is being affected by them not talking. Rosé feels so sick from fighting with him all the time, she doesn’t know what to do anymore. Wonho gets to her house pretty quickly and they sit in the living room to talk. “So you finally decided to talk to me again?” He asks her. She sighs. “I agree that it was dumb of me to ignore you but I’ve been extremely busy with Got7 and you gave me no chance to even process the conversation we had.” “Are you seriously that upset about me not wanting to go public with our relationship?” She nods looking away from him. “I thought our relationship meant more to you,” she says. “Rosé you’re being unreasonable. You don’t understand what it’s like to be an idol, everyone is watching every single thing I do. If this got out we would never get any privacy in our lives together. Also, you and I haven’t even been together for that long. It’s only been a few months, nothing too serious,” he explains. She looks up at him shocked. “Nothing too serious? What the hell is that supposed to mean? You don’t feel our relationship is serious, you told me you loved me!” She exclaims. “Yeah Rosie I did, and you never said it back!” “You’re upset I didn’t say that I love you? Well I do Wonho, I love you. I just don’t understand why you always get upset with me over nothing,” she says. “It’s too late to say it now. You’re just saying it because I mentioned this. There’s no point in staying together anymore. We never even see each other. I’m sorry, but this is over.” He gets up and slams the door behind him. Then she cries. 

 

 

The following morning she wakes with a start, she has to go meet with Got7. She decides to take a long hot shower, but it doesn’t help the redness around her eyes . She throws on an oversized hoodie, with sweatpants and puts a pair of sunglasses on. After a quick breakfast she meets up with Got7 to see some of their dances for the new songs so she can get a sense of what to design. Then they sit eating lunch and she asks them about the meaning of the songs for a deeper meaning. 

 

“My question for you Rosé is why are you wearing sunglasses inside?” Jackson asks her. “Just cause I want to,” she replies. “Rosé, we’ve known you forever. Come on tell us what’s wrong, it’s obvious something did.” She takes off her sunglasses, showing them her red eyes from crying. “Oh Rosie, what’s happened?” Jinyoung asks her. “I got dumped and it’s stupid that I’m even upset about it. Really, I’m mad.” All the members look shocked. “That’s horrible, I’m so sorry,” Jinyoung responds, “why did you come today? You need to take some time off.” She shakes her head. “No, I need the distraction. It takes my mind off of it. I’ll be fine.” 

 

The day passes by quickly and Rosé decides to visit Lisa at her apartment so she can talk to her about everything. After knocking on the door several times Lisa finally manages to open it, looking out of breath. She’s wearing a sports bra and shorts, covered in sweat. “Rosie! I’ve missed you,” she exclaims giving her best friend a hug. Rosé hugs her back and holds her tight, over her shoulder she sees Kai coming out of Lisa’s bathroom in a black shirt and jeans, his hair dripping water on the ground. 

 

Rosé pulls back and gives him a small smile. “I was hoping I could talk to you,” she says to Lisa walking into the living room and taking a seat on one of the chairs. Lisa closes the door and follows her sitting opposite on the couch. “I can leave,” Kai starts but Rosé interrupts him. “No, no I don’t want to kick you out just because I’m here. I’d just prefer that what I do tell you stays between us.” He sits next to Lisa on the couch and nods. “Of course.” 

 

Lisa looks at Rosé and can see that she’s carrying a lot on her shoulders. “Rosie, what is it? I can tell something horrible has happened.” Rosé sighs and tells her about the fight she had with Wonho and him breaking up with her. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know where to go or who to talk to since no one knew we were dating.” 

 

“Don’t you dare apologize for this. Wonho is a horrible person and never deserved you,” Lisa tells her. Rosé grabs a tissue and dries her tears, blowing her nose as well. “Well either way, I’m going to be staying with you Rosie. Just for a little bit because I need to make sure you’re okay,” Lisa tells her and Rosé agrees. 

 

~

 

Kai heads back to the dorm unsure of what he should do. Should he tell the members or keep Rosé’s secret? He does know how upset she’ll get so he doesn’t know. He decides to tell Suho at least just so that he can help him. He goes to Suho’s room after dinner and sits on his bed. 

 

“I need your help hyung,” he says. Suho turns around in his chair at his desk and looks at Kai sceptically. “What’s wrong?” “Rosé told me something today and asked me not to share it but I feel like if I don’t it’s not in her best interest. And if I do share it with others then she’ll hate me for life.” Suho sighs and sits next to Kai. “I need you to tell me right now.” 

 

~

 

Lisa places her packed bag on Rosé’s bed and heads back out to the kitchen. “Are you okay?” She asks. Rosé looks up and sighs. “I don’t know how to answer that right now Lisa. I feel so lost and alone.” Lisa walks up to her and grabs her friends hands. “You’re never alone. I’m always here for you.” Rosé smiles and hugs Lisa tightly. 

 

Several weeks pass and Lisa spent every second or as much as Rosé allowed with her. After a while Rosé grew more and more depressed due to what happened with Wonho and how much she misses him. However she knows if she mentions this to Lisa she’d get mad at her so she doesn’t. She has considered telling Chanyeol about it because she thinks he would understand and sympathize but she hasn’t yet. 

 

After taking a shower and changing into black ripped jeans and a white crop top, Rosé heads into the living room and sits across from Lisa. “Lisa, I want you to go back home,” she says. Lisa looks up from her phone at her friend. “Are you sure you’ll be okay?” Rosé nods and smiles at her. “Go spend time with Kai and your kitties. I gotta go meet up with Got7, their comeback is soon and we only have a month of promotions here till the tour starts in May,” she replies. Rosé gets through the day with Got7 confident that their comeback will be awesome.

 

The guys are super happy to see her since it’s been a long time. “We haven’t really seen you since you came back from Australia and that was 2 months ago,” Suho says as they all congregate in the living room. “I know and I’m sorry for ghosting you guys for so long. I’ve been really busy with Got7 and just dealing with things myself,” she explains. “You okay?” Kyungsoo asks. She nods her head. “Yeah, just tired.” 

 

After eating a long dinner and catching up with the guys, they all break off to do their own things. Rosé heads to Chanyeol’s room to talk. He opens his door and smiles. “I’ve missed you a lot you know,” he says pulling her into his arms. She wraps her arms around him, taking in his scent, resting her head on his chest and she cries. Not for long, but long enough for Chanyeol to know that something is wrong. 

 

He hands her a few tissues and has her sit on his bed while he sits in his desk chair across from her. And she tells him everything that happened with Wonho. When she finishes he looks deeply saddened. “I’m so sorry Rosie, but why didn’t you tell me this sooner?” She sighs and lays down on his bed. “Because I didn’t want to have to worry you. I’ve only told Lisa and the guys from Got7 since I’ve been working with them so closely,” she explains. “Well if anything else happens I want you to tell me. We’re friends, which means I’m here for you no matter what. I’m glad you told me now though before you go on tour with Got7,” he says. He gets up and lays down next to her. “I really am sorry Rosé.” 

 

“It’s okay. The weird thing is though that Wonho was so mean to me in the end when we ended things and we fought so often. But after all of that a part of me still misses him, I don’t know why but I do,” she tells him. He turns his head to look at her. “Well I’m not surprised, you really liked him. I’m just glad that that drama is in the past now. You need to find better drama from now on,” he says laughing as she hits his chest. 

 

When Chanyeol leaves the room to get some snacks and drinks, Rosé grabs her phone and dials Wonho’s number. The line doesn’t even ring before it tells her that the number is no longer in service. She sighs exacerbated and throws her phone to the floor. Chanyeol returns with lots of snacks and drinks, they get comfy on his bed and play a movie on his laptop.